Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Will NBC have a 4k broadcast of the super bowl?

Problem Solver

Will NBC have a 4k broadcast of the super bowl?

What a perfect time to bust out the 4k. in the greatest sporting event of the year at minnesotas new stadium.

Problem Solver

Re: Will NBC have a 4k broadcast of the super bowl?

Most likely not. I have heard nothing here in the Twin Cities about any possible 4K broadcasting by any method. No ads from Best Buy for pushing 4K tv sales. Nothing on the Direct tv site, and of course, nothing mentioned from Comcast employees.

NBC did supply a special 4K app for a major golf tournament last year. The app showed up on my Samsung UHD tv the first day of the tournament. That may be the best we could hope for, and a long-shot at that.

Problem Solver

oh well....it was worth a shot.....

New Poster

Check this article out... It describes how the Superbowl will be filmed in 4k and 8k, but broadcast in 720P

http://4k.com/news/super-bowl-li-4k-and-8k-cameras-along-with-360-degree-views-and-18343/
Problem Solver

wrote:
Check this article out... It describes how the Superbowl will be filmed in 4k and 8k, but broadcast in 720P

http://4k.com/news/super-bowl-li-4k-and-8k-cameras-along-with-360-degree-views-and-18343/

Sorry buddy!  Smiley Sad

That artical was dated January of 2017. Last year's Superbowl. The only 4K seen was a few 3 to 5 minute snipits I found later on You Tube. Please reread the article. Good try though.

I still hope they supply a Beta app for some of us to view this time around.

Problem Solver

As of February 4, 2018 (Super Bowl 52) Sunday, I have yet to find a 4K app from either NBC or the NFL, on my Samsung UHD tv.

I did find a comment on the Internet about cameras being used this year. They mentioned that NBC might be testing cameras and 4K apps in practice for upcoming Winter Olympics. A 4k app might still show right before start of the game. I live here in the Twin Cities (site of the game).

Maybe some one out on the east coast might get a app. Let us know if one shows up.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation