Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why are channels advertised on Xfinity, yet not available on Xfinity?

New Poster

Why are channels advertised on Xfinity, yet not available on Xfinity?

I have seen several channels advertised on Xfinity, like Hallmark Drama, QV2 & CMT, but they are not available on Xfinity! Why? I have what I believe is a high tier, but these channels are not available. Seriously, why does Xfinity do this to us? Why should people get a Sports and Entertainment package, yet they never watch sports? I believe I have this package, but CMT, which I have read, is in this package, is not available! I pay a lot of money for my services, and feel that these channels should be available!  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why are channels advertised on Xfinity, yet not available on Xfinity?

The ads are not from Comcast but are just regular ads from the networks, often airing on other networks owned by the same media company.

New Poster

Agreed!  The CMT channel was also advertised on a brochure that I received in the mail, as a part of their basic package.  So, I was expecting to receive the CMT channel on the premiere package that I signed up for.  However, to my surprise, I do not receive this channel.

Why is the CMT channel lumped in with the Sports Package? I think that is terrible of Comcast. I can not believe it is not included in the X1 Premier Triple Play Bundle.If you have HBO, Showtine, Cinemax & Starz in that bundle but not CMT. Just spoke to an agent and she told me that in order to get that channel I would have to order a sports package which it is part of and includes the NFL, etc. What does CMT have to do with a Sports Package anyway? The cost for that would be an additional $10.00 per month.  Please bring CMT back to the basic channels! 

Silver Problem Solver

It's actually titled "Sports and Entertainment" package.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation