New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 26 of 100 (28,040 Views)

What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???

Is Comcast the only cable carrier without Fox Soccer Plus?? I've just received info in the mail about how they are adding five channels to the Sports Entertainment Package - 'Crime & Investigation', 'Military History Channel', 'ESPN Goal Line', 'PAC12', and 'WFN' - what a waste of channel space. How Crime and Investigation plus Military History is considered 'sports', I'll never know! Come on Comcast, we pay good money for your service and you keep feeding us rubbish like this.

99 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 100 (7,162 Views)

FOX SOCCER PLUS

Is this available??

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 100 (7,130 Views)

Re: FOX SOCCER PLUS

Please, please, please
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 100 (7,123 Views)

What is that?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 100 (7,118 Views)

Fox Soccer Plus is a premium network that complements Fox Soccer Channel by providing the complete international sports experience. Live, exclusive soccer matches from the best leagues in the world include England’s Barclays Premier League, the UEFA Champions League, England’s FA Cup, Coca-Cola Championship, Carling Cup and England Men’s National Team as well as Italy’s Serie A.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 100 (9,159 Views)

FOX SOCCER PLUS

Can Comcast please add Fox Soccer Plus to their line-up. Its similar to sentanta and we are willing to pay for it. What is the hold-up. I only came back to Comcast when they got sentanta sports and I really do not want to leave again

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 6 of 100 (9,150 Views)

The best way to ask for channels is this Comcast comment on their web site. 

You can submit a channel request at your local Comcast office, or by using our customer feedback form*.  Please do not include any written correspondence about your channel lineup with your payment.

Comcast continually seeks to improve the viewing and entertainment experience of our customers. Channel requests help us to make decisions about adding to or changing channel lineups.

*The customer feedback form can be found by going to www.comcast.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page.  Click on 'Comcast.com Feedback'. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 100 (9,141 Views)

there are about 4 threads here requesting the same - i just ordered directTV - to be installed when i move on the 3rd of September.

Comcast's refusal to even make a statement about FSC + ( and HD) is scandalous - add to this the final insult of price increases leaves me (a very loyal customer - 5+ years) bitter.

I hope directTV turns out to better than Comcast and i hope comcast enjoy all the new Hispanic customers as this is the area they are focusing on (I know, i work in marketing) and not on customer retension.

If i was a shareholder on comcast i would be extremely worried that comcast are losing customers at such a high rate

Posted by
Contributor

Message 8 of 100 (9,110 Views)

my last day as a comcast cable customer, purley because of not getting Fox Soccer Plus AND fox Soccer Channel in HD.

Just been over to my new house where the directTV guy just installed my new service, looks very nice at 1/4 of the price

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 100 (6,685 Views)

I am seriously considering booting Comcast for Direct TV. Can't understand why I can't get a premium channel I'd like-- they carry Fox Soccer, why not Plus? Terrible.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 10 of 100 (6,665 Views)

we can't even get FSC in HD much less fox soccer plus.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 100 (6,413 Views)

I'm thinking about booting Comcast for that reason also.

It is somewhat ridiculous to not even have something as basic as Fox Soccer Plus.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 12 of 100 (6,240 Views)

In Tallahassee we have Fox Soccer (no HD) and no Fox Soccer Plus.  Can't seem to get an answer as to when/if we will get those channels.  I haven't switched to Direct Tv yet because I'd have to switch my internet, etc as well which would be a pain but I'm about to pull the trigger. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 100 (5,848 Views)

Well, we had a long battle to get FSC in HD.  Now please give us Fox Soccer Plus!  the Pacific Northwest is a Soccer/Football region! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 100 (5,480 Views)

Fox Soccer Plus

When is Comcast gonna get Fox Soccer plus? Almost every other service offers it and I am on the verge of switching after ten years as Comcast lacks many of the services that other companies have.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 100 (5,582 Views)

Comcast - we REALLY need this channel!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 100 (5,553 Views)

Please add this channel. I love FSC. It was just announced today that FS+ will start broadcasting Scottish football where my favorite team plays.

Please add FS+ or I will switch to a provider who does. Thank you.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 17 of 100 (5,508 Views)

15 dollars extra just for FS Plus on dish network.

I just want FSC in HD and i'd be happy.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 100 (5,098 Views)

Re: Fox Soccer Plus

I'd also like to know this. Seems strange that Comcast doesn't have this yet.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 19 of 100 (4,847 Views)

Comcast doesn't have Fox Soccer Plus, let alone FSP in HD??? Seems like every other provider has it but comcast...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 20 of 100 (4,838 Views)

In NE Florida we do have Fox Soccer in HD; however, I do believe you are correct about Fox Soccer Plus. I've personally checked the channel line up for most of Comcast hubs and I'm yet to find a Comcast system that carries Soccer Plus. Smiley Sad

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 21 of 100 (5,396 Views)

Another +1 begging for Fox Soccer Plus. Could someone from Comcast/Xfinity please respond as to any future intentions on broadcasting this channel? 

With the addition of Scottish football, this makes it even an more desirable channel, especially for Scottish immigrants.

Johnbhoy04 - you support the best team mate and one that pays all of its taxes ;-)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 100 (5,386 Views)

channels like american football are probably more popular. I only watch the world cup mainly.

I'd rather see channels like the longhorn network added.

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 23 of 100 (5,318 Views)

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-23-2012 12:08 PM

Visitor

Message 24 of 100 (5,286 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ -098: You nailed it.  I subscribed to the "add on Sports Package" to get FSC thinking I could deal with SD, turns out the picture framing & audio was extremely poor, so after two weeks I cancelled. I'm seeing now for my area GOLtv only in SD ... I'd at least settle for Fox Soccer Plus in HD.

+1 for Comcast to offer FOX SOCCER PLUS in HD for Northwest Indiana please!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 100 (4,664 Views)

Fox Soccer Plus

Why does Comcast not offer Fox Soccer Plus?  It seems satellite and Time Warner do but not Comcast.  Is this because it will clash with their MLS package?  They have Fox soccer so why not fox soccer plus.  I am willing to pay extra for it.  I believe other cable companies offer it for about $15 a month.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 27 of 100 (27,623 Views)

Re: What about FOX SOCCER PLUS???

Yeah, I want to know about this as well.  I want to watch SPL games (I know, I'm a martyr) and they are not shown on Fox Soccer 2Go so my only option appears to be Fox Soccer Plus.....which Comcast doesn't seem to carry.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 28 of 100 (27,618 Views)

In our area (Bay Area) the so-called 'Sports Entertainment Package' also contains the Fox Movie Channel - I have asked many times what a Movie Channel has to do with a Sports Channel and just can't get a reply -

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 29 of 100 (27,614 Views)

jsalm wrote:

In our area (Bay Area) the so-called 'Sports Entertainment Package' also contains the Fox Movie Channel - I have asked many times what a Movie Channel has to do with a Sports Channel and just can't get a reply -

The Sports Entertainment Package can contain either or both Sports and Entertainment channels.

Fox Movie Channel isn't offered in a lot of Comcast locations and is likely offered in your area due to a legacy programming contract from the previous cable provider that Comcast continues to honor.

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-02-2012 12:14 PM

Official Employee

Message 30 of 100 (27,613 Views)

[ Edited ]

englanda wrote:

Is Comcast the only cable carrier without Fox Soccer Plus?? I've just received info in the mail about how they are adding five channels to the Sports Entertainment Package - 'Crime & Investigation', 'Military History Channel', 'ESPN Goal Line', 'PAC12', and 'WFN' - what a waste of channel space. How Crime and Investigation plus Military History is considered 'sports', I'll never know! Come on Comcast, we pay good money for your service and you keep feeding us rubbish like this.

Comcast is not the only cable provider without Fox Soccer Plus.

The Sports Entertainment Package can contain either or both Sports and Entertainment channels.

The soccer TV rights landscape continues to change and that is something our content team continues to monitor and act on.

Fox Soccer Plus is one of many channels that our team is reviewing as potential programming options.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 31 of 100 (27,592 Views)

Comcast might not be the ONLY one, but to Comcast customers they sort of are. Unless Comcast wants to lose those customers.

I am actually very happy with the service and selections, but I am a little worried about Comcast position on FSC+. I can see posts from 2008 regarding this channel. While I understand that the demand might not be as big as for some other sport channels, I am pretty sure it's bigger than for "Crime & Investigation".

FSC+ is HUGE for soccer fans, and I believe Comcast will benefit hugely from adding this channel.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 100 (27,588 Views)

KGBhoy wrote:

Comcast might not be the ONLY one, but to Comcast customers they sort of are. Unless Comcast wants to lose those customers.

I am actually very happy with the service and selections, but I am a little worried about Comcast position on FSC+. I can see posts from 2008 regarding this channel. While I understand that the demand might not be as big as for some other sport channels, I am pretty sure it's bigger than for "Crime & Investigation".

FSC+ is HUGE for soccer fans, and I believe Comcast will benefit hugely from adding this channel.

Understood, thanks for your feedback.

Not sure about your 2008 reference as Fox Soccer Plus has only been around since March 2010.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 33 of 100 (27,579 Views)

Before 2010 it was Setanta, but I am not sure if it was available on Comcast. In any case, it looks like I am wrong about 2008 and FSC+ on Comcast, but one can definitely see a couple of years of people asking for it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 100 (27,401 Views)

It's taken 6 years to get HD fox soccer in my area, please let's not wait 6 years to get FSC+

Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 100 (27,258 Views)

When can comcast customers expect to recive this station? I would really like to have it asap, as would many other english soccer fans with the new season starting up.

Even time warner cable offers this channel and they are terrible. I would expect better from comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 100 (27,227 Views)

I'd just like to add my voice to Comcast requesting Fox Soccer Plus. But I want it mainly for the rugby offered. I like the soccer to but I LOVE rugby. Smiley Happy

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 37 of 100 (27,191 Views)

I wouldn't imagine it being anytime soon. They just can flip a switch to add a channel. They have to negotiate the rights to offer the channel then agree to the money they have to pay to offer said channel. This could take from a week to a year or even longer depending on how much money the network wants and how much the provider wants to pay plus if they can come to an agreement on price and terms and conditions.

For instance let's say fox soccer wants $1.50 per subscriber and want to be on digital preferred. Comcast wants to pay $.50 to $.75 per subscriber and put it on the sports package.

Hopefully both parties would come to a compromise like comcast paying $1.00 plus placing it in the preferred tier for a year then the sports package.

Not going to happen just an EXAMPLE.

DO NOT go around saying this is fact I'm just EXPLAINING how the process works.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 38 of 100 (27,185 Views)

Pretty good example. Also don't forget the demand/requests per market.

Which won't be taken into account on this forum since Comcast employees don't monitor the forums for channel requests.

Best option to let Comcast know you want the channel in your area is to contact them directly. Either via email, twitter, Facebook, or call a local office if you can. Also if the channel's website has a link to let your provider know you want it use that.

I have seen too many requests for a specific channel on the forums that don't seem to go anywhere, and if they do result in getting the channel it takes a long time.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 100 (5,102 Views)

One of the most intersting channels and not in a line up only for Comcast... Also GolTV is not in HiDef... Very sad...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 40 of 100 (26,750 Views)

Go to Fox Soccer Plus, enter your zip code in the "find a provider in your area" blank.  The site will lead you to make a request for Comcast to add the channel.  If enough people do it, Comcast might hear.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 100 (26,580 Views)

I completely agree - soccer is huge and we soccer fans shouldn't have to subscribe to ESPN Deportiva just to watch games that the whole rest of the world follows.  Please help, soon!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 42 of 100 (26,575 Views)

Soccer wasn't that huge until the world cup a few years ago. I think the US mens team won it then the women's team won it.

Heck one female player made the front page of the papers for ripping off her shirt.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 100 (25,558 Views)

Add me to the list as of 9/16/2012.  I tried to watch Germany v. Austria this week and the quality was so bad I couldn't tell who the players were.  Pooh, I'd even pay extra for high-def soccer, plus La Liga.  Grrrrr.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 100 (25,492 Views)

This morning I heard talk of a free preview of FSC+ during a replay of "Goals on Sunday.". Does anybody know which channel will carry the preview for Comcast customers in Chicago? What are the dates for the preview??

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 100 (25,465 Views)

Im really disapointed in comcast for not carrying fox soccer plus!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 46 of 100 (25,051 Views)

How come FSC HD is AVAILABLE on 392 in Broward County florida and not in Boca Raton florida - same package, same price - rip off ???

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 100 (24,468 Views)

Please stop "considering" it and just add FS PLus and FSHD!  I cannot believe in this day and age we are STILL having to ask Comcast for this option.  Soccer is the most popular sport watched worldwide and as an EPL fan that wants to see more than just the occasional Man U or Man C game, you've left us too few options.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 48 of 100 (24,313 Views)

they aren't going to do it period. If they do it will be part of the sports pack unfortunately. They have to see what your area needs before adding it. Like maybe they have to add local channels or government/local access channels first then if they have room they add other channels.

I believe comcast has to add significantly viewed channels if they are not offered already but I'm not positive.

If you want a guarantee for those channels get directv or dish network where they don't have to worry about which channels they offer,

Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 100 (4,820 Views)

Fox Soccer Plus

I just relocated from Philadelphia to Jacksonville.  I am from Ireland and I am a huge soccer fan.  I signed up for the Fox Soccer Channel and the Sports Package.  I am a Liverpool fan and you can imagine my disappointment when I realized that Comcast do not carry Fox Soccer Plus.  I have been spoilt with Direct TV and Verizon Fios.  Come on Comcast, get with the program.  I also follow the SPL.  Soccer is a growing sport in this country.  Any plans for adding this channel to your lineup??????

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 50 of 100 (4,979 Views)

Fox Soccer Channel Plus

I don't know if it is available through Comcast anywhere --but it is not in Philadelphia--could we please add FSC Plus