New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Weather Scan Channel

ANSWERED
Official Employee

Re: Channel missing?

All - Thanks for your continued and valuable feedback.  It has been noted and shared directly with our local and national programming teams that were involved with this decision. 

This was a decision made by Comcast. 

We regularly examine our programs and channels in an effort to bring our customers the best overall entertainment choices and the content they want the most.  As a result, Comcast must sometimes remove channels that have lower viewership to make space for higher valued, more popular channels and to keep our channel line-ups consistent across markets.

The Weather Channel is still available and provides localized weather every ten minutes on Local on the 8's.  We are also in the process of launching a localized HD Weather Channel feed across all markets. Many areas already have this new feature. 

There is a localized weather app available to customers with the X1 platform. Customers with our traditional on-screen program guide also have access to local updated weather forecasts via the guide's Main Menu, then select Local Weather.

We have also found that most of our customers access this information through their mobile devices and the internet.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

In my area Local on the 8's does not supply doppler radar.  It is critical feature. 

Why wasn't the new local HD weather channel implemented when the old channel was removed?  Now there is a service gap.

X1 application offering was a bit cheaky since we were paying for Weather Scan.

Weather is online, OK.  It was on cable too.  Seems it was easier to access it on cable.  Less equipment cost.  Is this a way to sell Internet access?  Local programming seems to be on the chopping block.

Funny thing about Comcast Employee comment is some markets continue to have Weather Scan.  So it's about money and not customer satisfaction.  How about letting US choose what channels we want?  I have Latin channels I don't need.

Security Expert
Moved:

Contributor

Phooey... you are spouting the company nonsense. Start reading all the remarks here and tell me again that people don't WANT the WeatherScan feed..

Here's some more feedback. Another decision made by Comcast that is making me re-examine my decision to use Comcast as my television provider.

ComcastTeds wrote:

All - Thanks for your continued and valuable feedback.  It has been noted and shared directly with our local and national programming teams that were involved with this decision. 

This was a decision made by Comcast. 

We regularly examine our programs and channels in an effort to bring our customers the best overall entertainment choices and the content they want the most.  As a result, Comcast must sometimes remove channels that have lower viewership to make space for higher valued, more popular channels and to keep our channel line-ups consistent across markets.

The Weather Channel is still available and provides localized weather every ten minutes on Local on the 8's.  We are also in the process of launching a localized HD Weather Channel feed across all markets. Many areas already have this new feature. 

There is a localized weather app available to customers with the X1 platform. Customers with our traditional on-screen program guide also have access to local updated weather forecasts via the guide's Main Menu, then select Local Weather.

We have also found that most of our customers access this information through their mobile devices and the internet.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Weatherscan

Contributor

Yup, this looks like a good YouTube video in the making... makes one wonder if we have to dump all ownership in COMCAST public stock to get these tyrants attention!!!

Tags (1)
Contributor

Watch out Time-Warner customers; you are being asked to bend over backwards... don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Re: Weather Scan Channel Going Away????

Unfortunately, for reasons unknown, Comcast dropped Weatherscan from its lineup everywhere. However, for people like me who live in the Spokane, WA area, you can tune in to channel 320, StormTracker 2 Channel powered by AccuWeather.com. This channel features weather from KREM 2 in Spokane. I hope this helps. I also agree that Comcast should bring back Weatherscan.

New Poster

@ComcastTeds (and all other Comcast representatives):

I would like to offer a response to your explanation of why the Weatherscan service was dropped by Comcast.

1. First and foremost, yes, please do share subscriber's feedback on this issue with the appropriate decision makers, as this "decision" seems to have been entered into without much consideration for the subscribers, and what they actually want.

2. At least you have acknowledged that this decision was made solely by Comcast, and not that the broadcast was discontinued (as I was told by a Comcast customer service representative).

3. Please define the process by which Comcast "examines" its programs. This seems to be one of the most arbitrary channel deletions I have ever seen - and I have been a Comcast customer for 15+ years. Forgive me, but the "making room" for something else excuse seems a bit disingenuous. Exactly what cutting-edge, must-have programming is Comcast going to provide in lieu of Weatherscan? There are literally hundreds of empty channel spaces, and virtually all HD stations are represented TWICE in the listings. How about using the space occupied by one of those for Weatherscan? Also, exactly how does one judge the "popularity" of a station such as Weatherscan? Nielsen ratings? This is a station that people tune into for one or two minutes, get the info they need, and then change the station. I agree that it is not typically programming that one would "watch" for an hour, but when you need it, it's there. When the sky looks ominous in the summer, or when a huge winter storm is approaching (as is often the case in the Midwest) it's nice to be able to turn on Weatherscan quickly to see the Doppler radar, and check for any active or potential severe weather watches/warnings. In addition to The Weather Channel, there are two other "weather" stations in our line-up (Minneapolis area) - both of which are worthless. Feel free to remove one (or both) of them, and put Weatherscan back on. In fact, take The Weather Channel too - it spends more time showing "Hurricane Karina Revisited" and "Extreme Weather" specials than actual weather information anyway. Lastly, you mention "keeping your channel line-ups consistent across markets". Again, this seems to not ring true. As I understand it, Weatherscan is still available in some markets...or is it just that someone hasn't gotten around to pulling the plug in their area yet?

4. "Local on the 8's" is not a substitute for Weathersan - not by a longshot. What if I don't want to wait 10 MINUTES just to see my local weather? Also, I believe local on the 8's is pre-empted when The Weather Channel is airing one of it's many "shows".

5. I would venture to guess that customers currently using the X1 platform are the distinct minority(10-15% maybe?). Also, specifically, what are these "local forecasts" comprised of? I am not an X1 platform customer, but my guess is that that they consist of a series boxes with sun, cloud or rain icons, and a predicted temperature. Weatherscan offers SO MUCH more than that: forecasts, LOCAL Doppler radar, airport info, pollen count/allergy info, golf index, UV index, international forecasts, etc...all in just a couple of minutes. Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm guessing the X1 app offers virtually none of this.

6. Lastly, the statement, "We have also found that most of our customers access this information through their mobile devices and the internet." really disturbed me. Seriously? What was the sample size of this "scientific study"? Was this conclusion the result of actual surveys and focus groups of Comcast customers, or a casual poll of a few Comcast employees...or perhaps a few random high school students? I consider myself quite internet / mobile device savvy, and I know of NO reasonable replacement for quick access to the  type of information Weatherscan offered (if I did, I would just use it and not spend my time griping on a Comcast forum). Again, 3 sun and 2 cloud icons with "70, 72, 76, 73, 81" below them doesn't tell me what I want to know. The Doppler radar info is too small to be useful on mobile devices, and it is slow and clunky on the internet - trust me, I've tried it.

As you may have surmised, I am extremely upset at Comcast's seemingly cavalier decision to remove Weatherscan from the line-up. There simply does not seem to be a single genuine, justifiable reason for it. If it's a matter of money (which is usually what everything boils down to), then offer it for a fee. I would be willing to pay $2.95 for it if I had to (under protest, of course).

The simple fact is that Weatherscan is a convenient, useful offering, regardless of what the analysis of those-who-know-better has concluded. People are upset that that it's gone, and they want it back. As you can see, there are quite a few people who have taken to this forum to voice their opinions (read disappointment). Your market research department should be able to confirm that for every person who took the time to seek out this forum and post their opinions, there are 100x as many customers who feel the same way, but simply don't have the ability, time or inclination to post here.

As previously stated, I am a long-time loyal customer of Comcast, and this decision has really left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I really think Comcast should take another look at this. Without thinking, I tried to tune in to channel 101 twice today, only to have the station skip to 102 (a dedicated ESPN Sport Center station no less, which is of absolutely no interest to me). How many others did the same?

Please share my thoughts with Comcast management. I hope they will reconsider this decision, and once again offer Weatherscan, either as a free or (cringe) pay station...or at least offer a much more legitimate explanation/justification for this action to their subscribers.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Removing Weatherscan is completely unacceptable.  Comcast charges more than satellite for the same level of service.  The only reason I have continued to pay these higher rates is that Weatherscan is not available on satellite providers.  If comcast does not bring it back I will be switching because there will not longer be any benefit provided for the higher charges.  You say you need to remove channels to make room for more popular ones - well nothing has replace weatherscan on channel 127 - it is not being used so clearly it was not needed for something else.  Customers are reporting the 1-800 number has a recording specifically about weatherscan being removed which means you must be hearing about it.  Sounds like you underestimated the demand for this service.  If you don't fix your error in a hurry it will cost you customers and since dollars are all you seem to care about maybe that will get your attention, but by then it will be too late.  

Regular Visitor

@jcmn - Great post!  I hope they figure out this was a mistake but I am not holding my breath...

New Poster

I agree.  Recently we had a weather alert and the local channels were so behind were so delayed if the tornado had come our way we would have been unaware.  The radar service is invalable even in CA.  We don't have tornados often but when a severe strom strikes it would be good to watch it moving accross the valley.  What a pain.  Maybe it was too expensive and doesn't bring in enough revenue.  It should be a required public service.  

Contributor

You know there are so many channels that only cater to a specific interest. Comcast, especially in HD or if you have premium channels has 100s and 100s of channels. You can't tell me that the whole viewing audience is viewing all those channels. Or even wants them.

This is an example of why people are switching to streaming services, to only get the content they want. I would bet there's not a single user in this forum replying to this thread that couldn't name several channels they could care less about.

The weatherscan channel was something of benefit to the COMMUNITY regardless of where the individual posters live. This is another example of Comcast making heavy-handed decisions, where a bunch of talking heads have sat around a board room making decisions that affect large numbers of viewers without regard for their interests or getting any feedback from them.

There are certain channels I can only get on cable. I have repeatedly just considered going to over the air programming and "cutting the cord".

Cable needs to go a "menu" based server where you pay for what you view. I'm sick of paying $100s, in fact over a $1000 per year and basically Comcast decisions get shoved in my face.

In fact, I'm compared over the air HD programming with Comcast. Since the air waves aren't shoved into a narrow band down a length of wire, usually they are much clearer and cleaner than Comcast anyway, with no breakup, freezes or tiling/pixelation.

So the feedback I am giving you, Comcast, is this is another decision that is making me re-evaluate my decision to stay with Comcast. Yes there are features that I like, but frankly WeatherScan was one of them.

I really hope those talking heads that are sitting around making these decisions really begin to listen to the feedback being posted here. "We had no idea people wanted this channel".

What's more likely though is that you are pushing more and more garbage crappy channels down the wire and you took out Weatherscan so you can use the bandwidth for something that people REALLY want, such as the Lint Collecting Channel or the How To Clean Out Your Gutters Channel.

Now THAT would be something really useful, hmmmmmm?

Service Expert

ComcastTeds wrote:

1) Weatherscan is NOT entertainment. It's a vital service that many depend on for local weather conditions.

2) Those of us who depend on Weatherscan do so because we don't want to sit through talking heads, shows such as Cold Water Captains, Catching H*e*l*l, or whatever happens to be on until Local on the 8's.  When they actually have the talking heads on air, I have to sit through reports and forecasts for other areas of the country when all I am interested in is MY area.

3) Yes, I can access local conditions on the DVR main menu. Right now it's telling me that it is 64 degrees. WRONG. It's actually 74 degrees. It's useless if not correct. Who is in charge of providing the CORRECT information? I need to let that person know that it needs to be fixed.

4) What about people who don't have internet and cell phones? They may want to see weather at a glance instead of waiting for Local on the 8's.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have nothing else to add, I just wanted officially post that I concur with everyone's frustration at the removal of Weather Scan and to do my part in increasing the number of posts; even the biggest of business bureaucracies has to pay attention to its customers after a certain amount voice their concerns.

New Poster

It surprises me that the Weather Scan channel has been dropped all over the western US, but that it still exists in the Chicago area.  Why would Comcast selectively drop the channel?  I live in Minnesota, and we have lost the channel here, also.  It was the first thing I turned on every morning and I checked it throughout the day if the weather was bad.  Luckily, I have a computer, so I have access to sources like Weather Underground, but it was always faster to snap on the TV and hit 101 on the remote.  It is decisions like this that will drive more and more people to online information and away from cable.

Silver Problem Solver

Also in Minnesota but on Limited Basic the Weatherscan channel was not available anyway. Also it being at the headend the local conditions reported were 90 miles away from me.

I had it when I had Digital Preferred and would check it out at least once a day just to compare to my thermometer readings. It was a nice feature and for those areas where it was more local a very good feature to have for it's use for on time forecasts and conditions. Haven't watched the Weather Channel for years even when I had it available.

But the local forecast available on the Guide menu is okay but people that have DTAs don't get that either. And I know a lot of elderly people with Comcast that don't have the full Set Top Box so no source that way. But the guide for DTAs is another issue.

While not always real time we do have the Weather information on one of the TPT sub channels. Radar is on there. And at least WeatherNation is on Limited Basic with the local reagional information in a smaller window during the forecast segments.

But Comcast should consider providing a Guide for the DTAs so those people that have those can access the Guide local weather. And if they ever get something like Weatherscan again make it available on all tiers of service. A local, and I mean local, source of tv (at a higher cost) offers local weather on the Basic tier of service as a channel offering.

Dropping Weatherscan looks like what I suspected. Revenue needed a boost so make room for something more entertainment based. And someway to make it less headend based for those who don't live close to the headend.

But if the merger goes through our market may go to the rumored spin-off company anyway. Point would be moot then.

Regular Contributor

Checked my July bill this morning and there is no mention of Weather Scan being removed on Garden State, NJ system. I know a lot of Bait/Fishing spots down Wildwood, NJ always have TV on to Weather Scan channel for boaters.
New Poster

BRING BACK WEATHER SCAN!!!

The Weather Channel (102) is a joke.  Lately our weather is so crazy, we get tornadoes, we get excessive heat warnings.  California is having its hottest year on record so far.

With what I pay every month, I should get just about all the English channels that Comcast offers.  And they just take away, take away, take away.

BRING IT BACK!!  I can to to another company.  I have options.  You will lose me as a customer...

Regular Visitor

Weatherscan Taken Away - Terrible Decision

I just want to register our extreme disappointment in losing the Weatherscan channel. We looked at it multiple times a day to check the weather and really loved it. I agree that the Weather Channel is pretty much worthless for local weather - limited information and if one of their shows are on you may not even get the Local on the 8's.

Apparently there are many other folks that feel that same way we do as I can see multiple posts on this topic. Hopefully Comcast will revisit this decision and restore the Weatherscan channel to our lineup.

New Poster

weatherscan

What happened to weatherscan 101?

Is it a $ issue?

Contributor

The truth hurts sometimes... it's also a double edge sword!

New Poster

Re: Weatherscan Taken Away - Terrible Decision

WE WANT IT BACK, ALSO!

Contributor

Re: alternate weatherscan source

eggalegga,

Your  URL's are handy, but they don't provide the radar loop Weatherscan does, which is extremely valuable if you are trying to track and dodge a severe thunder-cell in the neighborhood.  Try this one:

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/day0-7loop.html 

for a seven day forecast.  Unfortunately it also is not as satisfying as the Weatherscan radar loop.

New Poster

Weather scan 101 in Minneapolis

We are very upset that channel 101 -  Weatherscan - is no longer available in Minneapolis.  This was the best channel to constantly see local weather and radar without other programming (like the regular Weather channel has).  During storms it is especially useful and informative. 

New Poster

I'm adding my voice to those wanting 101 Weatherscan back. We have thunderstorms coming in now (western Wisconsin) and the weather channel 35 is just running their usual crappy commercial-filled shows shows about Alaska rescues or hunting for topaz in Colorado or something. Their "Weather on the 8's" is often marginalized at the bottom of the screen with no radar. 101 is what I go to when the tornado sirens go off in town at 2 AM, as they might tonight. For the dollars I pay you all, it can't be that hard to keep this on the air.

New Poster

Re: What happened to Weatherscan Local on 101?

XFINITY Kansas City, MO. I have the highest possible package, Extreme Premier Triple, and suddenly  101 local Weatherscan is gone. Everything is on-demand except the weather.  We use it daily to decide how to dress the children for school - whether to  run the irrigation, or let nature provide.  To see what's coming tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Bring it back.

New Poster

Re: weatherscan

I, too, am very disappointed that ComCast has decided to drop the Weatherscan channel. I viewed this channel several times a day every week day. Not happy.

New Poster

I can appreciate that as a Comcast employee you have to regurgitate the company line on this, but most of what you posted was patronizing and insulting to the intelligence of your customers.  Make no mistake, this is all about revenue and Comcast has been steadily providing less and less value to it's customers in order to increase revenue. Nothing wrong with being in business for profit, but people "vote" with their wallets when they see they are getting a poor value, which is what I will be doing.

We live in large (1000+ homes), young family neighborhood with roughly half of the homes being Comcast subscribers. We all have young kids and that means being able to keep an eye on the weather in a convenient way at a moment's notice, which is exactly what Weathscan provided.  As other's have noted, all the other options suggested by Comcast are poor substitutes. Every neighbor we know who is a Comcast subscriber has definitely noticed the removal of Weatherscan and we've complained amongst ourselves about it.  You seem to imply that nobody watched it, but clearly you are wrong.

When I called to find out what happened to Weatherscan, I got nothing but menu prompt after prompt with seemingly no option to talk to a live person about this issue and also got the automated message regarding the removal of Weatherscan.  Comcast customer service is at an all time low when they basically say "if you are calling about Weatherscan, it has been cancelled and there's nothing more to talk about". I pay a lot of money to Comcast every month and the customer service absolutely MUST be there for what they charge and it definitely is no where near acceptable.

I have been a Comcast customer for well over 10 years and with this unilateral decision made to remove Weatherscan, we will be looking at other service providers to switch to by the end of the month. Should Comcast actually listen to their customers and bring it back, I would consider remaining a Comcast customer, but don't act like you are doing your customers a "favor" and proclaim "we listened to you" by bringing back something that never should have been removed in the first place.

Frequent Visitor

Re: weatherscan

http://pagesix.com/2013/08/16/power-packed-vineyard-party-for-obama/

Chicago still has Weatherscan? No surprise.

Regular Visitor

tstack wrote:
Checked my July bill this morning and there is no mention of Weather Scan being removed on Garden State, NJ system. I know a lot of Bait/Fishing spots down Wildwood, NJ always have TV on to Weather Scan channel for boaters.

tstack... I finally found a mention of it... in  my bill from APRIL... and when I called Customer Service to complain, as others have indicated, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about at first. It was as much a surprise to them as it was to us. Heck of a way to run a railroad...

Contributor

dfaqegadgadg wrote:

tstack wrote:

tstack... I finally found a mention of it... in  my bill from APRIL... and when I called Customer Service to complain, as others have indicated, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about at first. It was as much a surprise to them as it was to us. Heck of a way to run a railroad...

Oh yeah, they messed up my userid here in the Forum as well, so I forgot to switch my name over. They have no idea how my "userid" got corrupted, I have to do a work around every time I want to post in this forum or else my userid comes up all messed up. Just more fun as usual... Smiley Happy

New Poster

Weatherscan

Is their anyway to get the Weatherscan/channel 101 back on the air. This is one of the main reasons I picked Comcast over A T & T. 

New Poster

Weatherscan no more??

I was shocked to see that Weatherscan is no longer available. No advance warning. We depend on this information and are very disappointed that it just disappeared. I have premier programming so I do not understand why this has happened??

New Poster

Weather Scan

When will Weather Scan, channel 127, in Portland/Beaverton, Oregon be restored?   (June 14, 2014)

Frequent Visitor

Want to make a channel suggestion to Comcast? Just go to Comcast Help and Support Forums > Xfinity TV > Channels and Programming > Channels and Programming FAQs

There's a locked post editted by a Comcast employee at the top- How Do I request a new channel

"You can submit a channel request at your local Comcast office, or by using our customer feedback form*. Please do not include any written correspondence about your channel lineup with your payment.

Comcast continually seeks to improve the viewing and entertainment experience of our customers. Channel requests help us to make decisions about adding to or changing channel lineups.

*The customer feedback form can be found by going to www.comcast.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page. Click on 'Comcast.com Feedback' "

'Comcast.com Feedback' doesn't exist. At the bottom right corner I find- [+] Website Feedback , which just appears to be an opportunity to offer a review of the Comcast forums through opinionlab.com. So it looks like our only avenues to request restoration of the Weatherscan channel are this forum, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/xfinity and our local franchise agency which you can find on your Comcast statement. I wish I had an email address for Tom Karinshak. He needs to get a few thousand emails.

Service Expert
Moved:

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Totally Agree. this Weatherscan channel makes my expensive Comcast subscription worthwhile.

If Weatherscan is gone, I'm not so sure I want to continue my level of service. If I have to wait for the crappy low def (hurts my eyes on our HD tv)  report of local on the 8s, I'm not interested. I'll just use my mobile phone and reduce my cable bill, by eliminating the high level of service it took to get the Weatherscan channel. Please contact Comcast if you feel the same. Maybe they will bring it back.

maybe.

Regular Visitor

make room for other channels? channels 89 thru 93 are vacant since a few montbs ago. whats wrong with you? dude, your answer is typical of your company. you, sir are not listening to the people who are paying your bills!! 

New Poster

I am also very upset that Comcast arbitrarily decided to remove the Weatherscan service.  I appreciated the pollen count and watering index here in Northern Utah.  I checked the channel almost every day, as it sounds like others did too.  How can they say it is a low interest channel?  Just because we don't watch it for hours on end doesn't mean it didn't have value to us.  Look at how many people are complaining and what does Comcast do?  Put up an automated message on their customer service line telling the channel has gone away now go away and don't bother us???  To the employee who responded in this forum, it is very insulting to talk down to us like you know what is better service for us..i.e. how you can charge more while providing us less programming.

The alternatives they refer to are inferior and practically useless.  We need to keep telling them we want Weatherscan back!!

New Poster

Re: Weather Scan

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Weatherscan no more??

New Poster

Frequent Visitor

Re: Where is the Weather Scan channel?

Yes, I cast my vote for bringing it back.  Comcast is entirely too tyranical and costly.  A simple automated weather channel is not a lot to ask for your highness.

New Poster

I agree - we use have channel 101 on all the time - it is our default channel.  I was surprised when we could not find it yesterday.  There is nothing is comparison.  Why I admit I hated the music.  We would leave the channel on for hours or check it several times a day.  My husband is an outdoors person and likes to know the weather conditions

New Poster

Cmon Comcast. Like many others on the forum we checked WeatherScan multiple times a day. As motorcycle riders current dopler is importnt in deciding which direction to ride. Looks like its time to downsize cable and use Hulu, Vudu, etc. with the dollars we save.

Frequent Visitor

There was a post here  looking for customer feedback. Here is a link to try:  http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

Also got a public email addressed referencing  "office of Tom Karinshak"  at this email address :  online.communications@alerts.comcast.net.     Try this address and email him.

The way I got to feedback and an email from his office was to use the Website link at the bottom of the comcast.com page.  I scrolled down and found a checkbox that took me to customer feeback.  Just ignore the initial things about feedback for the website. 

Spread the word and let him know your sentiments about disappearing our WeatherScan channel.

Frequent Visitor

I got an email from his office saying I would be contacted in 24 hours.  

"Office of Tom Karinshak"  at this email address   online.communications@alerts.comcast.net. 

New Poster

BRING BACK WEATHERSCAN!!!!!!!!!