New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Weather Scan Channel

ANSWERED
Contributor

Re: What happened to weatherscan local

No way, the X1 solution is awful, and is a poorly written app that DOESN'T work when you need it and it still has no live doppler-radar feed .  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

New Poster

I hope you saved some money. I'm going over to EPB.

Osbueno wrote:

No way, the X1 solution is awful, and is a poorly written app that DOESN'T work when you need it and it still has no live doppler-radar feed .  You're not a COMCAST bot are you?

Contributor

Yeah, it seems like it always has been a trade-off between BW and money.  On the other hand, local live CONTINUOUS Doppler radar is priceless! {;-)

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Weather Scan channel removed

Hi Bob-NJ -- Weatherscan was removed from our lineups as part of a business decision. You can view local weather information from The Weather Channel with local on the 8's. You can also view local weather via X1 platform's Weather App, non-X1 with Main Menu > Local Weather, or via the weather information on the Home Security Touchscreen Controller.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

Weatherscan channel 101

Why am i unable to access the weather channel anymore?

New Poster

Re: Weather Scan Channel

Yes, I want Channel 101 back- Weatherscan!!!  Was my lifeline to the weather, love the radar, etc. available at any time.

New Poster

Weatherscan Channel 101 is gone

I am very dissatisfied with the removal of Weatherscan from our lineup - Channel 101.  I have been a loyal Comcast customer for 20+ years, and this is disgusting!!!!  I have relied on this channel for lifesaving weather information available immediately 24/7, and I am NOT a happy customer now.  The bill goes up and UP, and cannot get the one CHANNEL I want!!!  I don't know what you are thinking.....from what I see online, LOTS of other customers are dissatisfied!  BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

New Poster

Weather Underground (which I hate but is only alternative to WeatherScan) is also now gone.

Raising prices on everything and dropping useful channels.

Maybe it's time we all kick Comcast to the curb.

Regular Visitor

The X1 Weather App has NO radar and doesn't have nearly as much info as WeatherScan had ---- so, no, the Weather App is not a true replacement.

Regular Visitor

And -- today I get an email from Xfinity Your Xfinity Weather
Preparation Guide is here
.  But they pulled WeatherScan.  Go Figure.  Plus -- if I am stuck away from home or the cable is out (imagine !) -- I can't schedule DVR recordings from my smartphone.  Lots of weather prep talk from Comcast -- but all of their actions show that they really don't care since they could fix both by returning WeatherScan and either licensing the Tivo software, buying Tivo or having the 'with love from Philidelphia' folks write a fresh scheduling module.  But no.

Official Employee
Moved:

Removed due to violation of Forum Guidelines. As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

New Poster

Comcast is not "enhancing" its programming for customers. Comcast arrogantly ignores its customer. Comcast has a thousand useless channels but takes away Weather Scan which is loved and is so important to so many people. If Comcast actually cares about its customers it will admit its mistake, apologize and bring back Weather Scan.

Regular Visitor

I want WeatherScan Channel back - my only way to get instant local weather information whenever I need it!!!

Regular Visitor

I miss weatherscan on 101. Why did you choose to remove it? The regular weather channel does not always have the weather on. The personnel on 61 name winter storms like jackasses and generally don't have the in depth local weather that weatherscan provided. Please bring channel 101 back, with no commercials, just the weather. Thank you.

Tags (1)
New Poster

BRING IT BACK!

New Poster

Re: Weatherscan Channel 101

PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK CHANNEL 101WEATHER SCAN
New Poster

This was the best way to see the weather and radar without having to go to my laptop or phome. The weather channel is a joke.  I live in Plum and Iget weather for Greensburgh. It showes the U.S. Also there is very little usefull info for  our area PLEASE bring back this channel. I have a roofing co. and used that info several times a day. I have landscaper friends that also relied on the same info. Make it an add on if needed but don't just make it unavailable.

New Poster

Weather Scan Channel 101

BRING BACK WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL 101!!! THERE IS NO CHANGE IN HOW MUCH I PAY SINCE YOU TOOK IT OUT!  I NEED THAT CHANNEL DAILY!! HOW COULD YOU TAKE IT OUT??  SO MANY PEOPLE WANT IT BACK!!  DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE US THIS CHANNEL BACK NOW!!!  I MAY MOVE MY SERVICE IF YOU DON'T.  IT'S ONE OF THE MAIN CHANNELS I WATCH DAILY AND IT'S IMPORTANT TO ME!  I AM VERY UPSET OVER THIS!  WE HAVE HURRICANES HERE AND NEED THAT CHANNEL!

New Poster

Re: Weather Scan Channel 101

What will it take to get weatherscan back?

Loooong time customer.

Channel 212 need every morning for about 3 hours.

Official Employee

Re: Weather Scan Channel 101

We apologize for the inconvenience, this channel will no longer be available. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Please bring back WEATHERSCAN channel 100

We had been checking and relying on our most sufficient and trusted weather channel, WEATHERSCAN, channel 100 in our area for several years and recently discovered in November of 2017 that it no exists. So far there has been no significant or valid reason why it's discontinued. We are pleading that you reconnect this valuable, most recognized and requested channel. In our business, it is very crucial in our day-to-day tasks and has been the most accurate in reporting the weather and giving specific data. Thank you for this forum!!