members

online now

discussions

Weather Scan Channel

ANSWERED
Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Weather Scan Channel

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [name calling, rude, disrespectful]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

Re: What happened to Weatherscan Local on 101?

The Weather Channel has been deleted from ALL packages. I have Digital Premiere and was told this was not a useful, slightly used , translate expensive, channel.

I have decided to drop Comcast

New Poster

Re: Weatherscan

How much money are you gaining by deleting Weather scan?

Frequent Visitor

The Weatherscan Channel we are all missing is owned by TWCC Holding Co. TWCC is a consortium/group which includes Bain Capital, Blackstone Group & NBC Universal. Well, surprise, surprise-NBC Universal's parent company is Comcast. They're headquartered right in the Comcast building at 30 Rockefeller Center in N.Y.
So, the decision to dump Weatherscan was a "business decision" basically made by Comcast itself & no doubt, with it's corporate partners full agreement. This wasn't anything that they couldn't have stopped. They decided to ditch Weatherscan in lieu of using their power as a media giant to preserve a sense of conscience in providing this one channel that focussed only on uninterrupted, commercial free programming. The channel was strictly informational in nature with no revenue producing spots that could hype pizza joints, mattress stores or the latest greatest erectile dysfunction cures. They owned Weatherscan. Much of our community depended on Weatherscan for clean concise information without nonsense, frills or those awful staged melodramatic scenarios with weather "superstar" personalities shown desparately hanging on to railings in 140 mph winds. Weatherscan was just too pure of a gig for these people to tolerate any longer, since it made them no money via commercials. So they killed it. JMHO.
Contributor

10-4...i've been complaining, moaning, groning, and pounding sand about this for the last five years now... good luck!!!

New Poster

Re: Weather Channel

It is gone. That was it for me. After 21 years with Xfinity/Comcast. 

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/comcast/xfinity-ire-comcast-drops-weatherscan-channel-and-trig...

Direct TV it is.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What happened to weatherscan local

Please reconsider bringing back WeatherScan.  This was one of the reasons we chose Comcast over competition.  NO, local is not aways available, for example, when the trash shows are on instead of weather reporting.  Also, the case of emergencies (hurricanes, tornadoes) --- what do we do?  Wait for Local weather to air?  This was not a very smart decision and many hope it is reversed.

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Removed for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation"

Frequent Visitor

where is the radar?  That was a very important part of WeatherScan.  

Frequent Visitor

Obviously, Comcast customers are not happy with losing Weatherscan.  The app does not have all info.  

Frequent Visitor

on the app, the Add Location does not work.

New Poster

Local Weather Channel

What Has happened to the Local Weather 24/7 Channel 101?

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the link to the change.org petition. I'm not getting my hopes up it will succeed but I did sign. Hoping others will also.
Comcast/Xfinity, please give this very important resource back to the community that has supported you for decades.

There's a forecast of severe weather here tonight. All of my friends & family who missed Weatherscan already are now getting extremely angry at not having it for the very first time during a potentially threatening weather event.

Do the right thing, Comcast & bring it back!
New Poster

The amount of MONEY COMCAST charges for services this is completley unacceptable!!!!!

New Poster

I do not understand why after so many years the Weather Channel is being let go and yet you are keeping such nonsense shows as Teachers (which insults teachers and makes the children not have respect for them) and Mom which jokes about the worst things.  Really that is better than the Weather Channel?!  Always I thought you more above Direct TV since they do not carry the Weather Channel.  Hopefully one of these days you will bring it back since I always thought you owned it and how classy Comcast is.

New Poster

weatherscan

What has happened to Weatherscan? Channel101 is no longer in the lineup.

New Poster

WE NEED WEATHER SCAN BACK, HOW ARE WE GOING TO CHECK THE WEATHER FOR STORMS.
New Poster

In Philadelphia area, I found channel 249 that is not as good as weatherscan but could be an alternative to the almost useless "the weather channel".

This channel is "WFMZW" from the Lehigh Valley (PA). 

The weather channel is not a good option as they only have local weather every 10 min.

!!!!  BRING BACK WEATHERSCAN CHANNEL !!!!!

New Poster

If Comcast was truly concerned about customer service they would have surveyed us before making this decision.  Many of us with children, animals and outdoor needs that rely heavily on the weatherscan channel.  All of the local services really do an inward whistling sound at providing us the info we need in a timely and concise report.  If you do listen to your customers then you will bring back this service.  Please be advised, I will not hold my breath since I have tried on three separate occassions to get an air cable to my house and it is still underground.  My bill keeps going up and my service keeps going down.  I know that sounds like symmetry but it isn't.  Please bring back the weatherscan channel!

New Poster

As a long time Comcast subscriber,I am disapointed with you. Weatherscan was my go to channel daily and, during storms and bad weather. If they wanted to remove a questionable weather channel,then remove the useless Weather Channel.Please bring back Weatherscan for the safety of your customers, who are your financial partners.

New Poster

Re: weatherscan channel

We pay over $200/month for content that is mostly unwatchable. Only keeping it for sports, basically. One of the channels that I DID watch (for over 20 years) was Weather Scan. Put it on every morning. There was a lot of information in that little program. Current weather. Radar. Forecast. Ski areas. Airport Status. Weather in areas near me. I mean, really -- who wants to go to The Weather Channel and have to watch non-relevant information, when all I want to know if my local weather. And yes, I do have phone apps, but don't want to have to check that all the time when I should just be able to watch it on TV with my morning news show. I mean, how much were you paying to broadcast that??? Where is my $200 going to? Very, Very Angry about this. Comcast could care less about what its customer want. Why aren't you getting rid of the other useless channels that also have low viewership???? Trying to get viewers to tune into the Comcast-owned Weather Channel so we can watch ads and other useless info while waiting for out local weather is disgusting.

New Poster

Re: Weather Scan Channel cancellation

No kidding! There were no ads, were there? Xfinity has no interest in their clientele other than revenue. Any truly public service is secondary to monetary considerations for these characters. But, really how much could it hurt to carry a channel that I consult daily at least twice per day? Does the largest U. S. cable company have to be so money-grubbing? I pay my share. I should have my say!!!

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Re: Weather Scan Channel cancellation

New Poster

I just called Comcast again about why the Weatherscan Local channel wasy removed, she said the company who creates this channel made the decision to cancel it not Comcast.   Now I wonder if I call back again and ask the same question will I get the same response.   If true, does anyone know how to contact the creators of the Weathescan Local channel?

New Poster

Re: Weatherscan Channel 101

I second that motion.

Contributor

Re: Weatherscan Channel 101

This is all déjà vu... if you go back a few years in this thread, 'Re: Weatherscan Channel 101' , you will read the same complaints made to COMCAST about their removal of the WEATHERSCAN channel in other markets around the country and you will see the same pitiful COMCAST canned responses to those complaints. The fact is most folks prefer the WEATHERSCAN channel to the bloated and over commercialized The Weather Channel. Don't think for a moment that COMCAST doesn't have complete control over the channels they make available to their customers.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Political/Inflammatory">.

COMCAST provides this 'community thread' about their removal of the WEATHERSCAN channel to its customers because it is private and can be controlled.  That is, this subject matter goes no where by design.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation">

I have been doing this for years now and there is only one thing certain about COMCAST, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Official Employee

Re: Local Weather Channel

Hello @PRB2001.

We recently printed on your billing statement: Channel Lineup Update: On October 10, 2017, WeatherScan will no longer be available as part of your Xfinity service.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Weatherscan is no longer available.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Weatherscan is created by NBC which is owned by...COMCAST!

Official Employee

We apologize for all the inconvenience. Comcast continuously evaluates the content that we deliver to our customers. As part of this ongoing evaluation, we decided to discontinue offering the Weatherscan channel for all our customers this year.

FAQ's

I can't find the Weatherscan Channel. Where is it?
We apologize for any inconvenience. Weatherscan is no longer available.

Will you bring Weatherscan back again?
Comcast has no current plans to offer this channel again in the near future.

Is Comcast offering anything in place of Weatherscan?
Please check your channel lineup for local weather channel options via your local broadcast stations.

Thanks for your continued and valuable feedback. It has been noted and shared directly with our local and national programming teams that were involved with this decision.

The removal of the Weatherscan Channel in your area was a decision made by Comcast.

We regularly examine our programs and channels in an effort to bring our customers the best overall entertainment choices and the content they want the most. As a result, Comcast must sometimes remove channels that have lower viewership to make space for higher valued, more popular channels and to keep our channel line-ups consistent across markets.

Local weather can also be found online at https://weather.com and other sites like http://www.weather.gov/

and http://www.noaa.gov/weather-forecast-tools-and-resources including live radar and satellite maps, pollen count, air quality, forecast by zip code, wind conditions, humidity, dew point, barometric pressure and more.

The Weather Channel is still available and provides localized weather every ten minutes on Local on the 8's.

As a reminder, there is a localized and regularly updated weather app available to customers with the X1 platform. Select the XFINITY button on the remote control, select Apps, then Daily Life, then Weather. Or just hold down the blue microphone button and say "Weather" on the X1 Voice Remote.

Customers with our traditional on-screen program guide also have access to local updated weather forecasts via the guide's Main Menu, then select Local Weather.

We have also found that most of our customers access this information through their mobile devices and the Internet. Your local broadcast TV stations will continue to keep you updated as to ongoing and breaking weather coverage.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Removed as per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Contributor

No worries, we particularly liked the sound effects too...

New Poster

We've been using Weatherscan (channel 101 in our area) for years, in order to get up to the minute weather information during times when The Weather Channel is running their magazine shows and do not show "Local on the 8s". Not having this channel available is a real pain, because now in order to get this type of information, I now need to either use the Weather Channel app on my phone, or go use my computer to access their website. 

It's funny how Xfinity/Comcast keeps on reducing services, but keeps on jacking up the price. Please bring Weatherscan back. You should be able to see that people want this channel, based on the responses here. Business decision, my foot! How about you get rid of some of those channels that only show paid programming and put Weatherscan back on? Oh yeah, right.....it's all about the almighty dollar. Nobody cares what the customers want anymore. *sigh*

New Poster

Re: what happened to the WeatherScan Local Network channel

Weatherscan was removed from the lineup Smiley Sad we used it daily at my work. Our delivery people used it often to check conditions. I called and even wrote Comcast a letter. Each time I called I got a different response and a representitive even returned my call, ony to give me a differenct explanation. The most recent explanation I received was:

"Comcast choose to discontinue the Weatherscan because there are not enough subscribers to pay for the channel"  SMH

virginiablue wrote:

why is the WeatherScan Local Network channel no longer showing weather - chesterfield va, the only reason I pay extra for digital premium

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: weatherscan

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: why are we no longer receiving channel 101(wthsn)?