New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Weather Scan Channel

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 451 of 535

SINCE YOU DON'T CARRY "LOCALNOW", EITHER, LETS JUST WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE DIES BECAUSE THEY DID'NT HAVE ACCESS TO CURRENT CONDITIONS OVERNIGHT WHEN NO CHANNEL HAS CURRENT RADAR AVAILABLE ON TV!

SAVING MONEY??

BAD IDEA!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 452 of 535
We just lost Weatherscsn on Comcast. I turned on 116 several times a day for the radar and forecast. TWC has documentaries on all the time and Weather on the 8s isn’t on every 10 minutes that often. Comcast continues to disappoint us. We weren’t thinking of switching... but maybe now is the time.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 453 of 535
Posted by
New Poster

Message 454 of 535

WHY WHY WHY ??? ANOTHER RIP OFF BY COMCAST / XFINITY TO REMOVE YET ANOTHER CHANNEL FROM IT'S SUSCRIBERS! BRING BACK WEATHERSCAN LOCAL NOW!!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 455 of 535

the issue really is 2 things that were removed from my service. 

1 . The alerts that weatherscan brought up when there where issues in the area

2. The radar screen is not available in the app. Without radar I can not get the detailed I need to decide how long or if to do outdoor activities with the radar I can more accurately predict very localized weather?

add my name to the list of people who want this channel back. My guess is that this station was removed to drive more people to the X1 platform so you can make a extra 10 bucks a month

Posted by
New Poster

Message 456 of 535

really,why would you get rid of weatherscan.weather channel got so bad airing all these different shows that no one wants to see.we turn on the weather channel to see current and future weather,what to be ready for.weatherscan showed that and not alot of meaningless shows.one of the worst decissions comcast has ever made.you have just dissappointed alot of viewers.nice job once again.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 457 of 535

This is an utter disgrace.  My bill isn't going down, and you're removing one of the most useful channels.

You provide less and less value every day, and the moment I can get rid of you, I will take it.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 458 of 535

Bring back Channel 101 - Weatherscan. It is a valuable channel for most of us that work or play outside or need immediate information. Taking it off was not a bright idea.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 459 of 535

You can submit a Customer Feedback Form to request a channel.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 460 of 535

When I posted yesterday I forgot to say to those of you on this platform, give a call to Comcast in Philadelphia, ask for Customer Relations, and register your complaint.  215-286-1700. Perhaps that will help.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 461 of 535

I agree! We would never consider AT&T because we depend so much on Weatherscan. Now we are no longer bound to Comcast. So long, xfinity!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 462 of 535

Solved? Solved?? You take away one of our favorite channels and you call that solved?? No, bringing it back would be solved!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 463 of 535

I'm on the xfinity platform and weatherscan is gone!! It's one of the reasons we stuck with comcast--no more!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 464 of 535

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

I apologize for all the incoveince. Comcast continuously evaluates the content that we deliver to our customers. As part of this ongoing evaluation, we decided to discontinue offering the Weatherscan channel for all our customers this year.  

FAQ's

I can't find the Weatherscan Channel. Where is it?
I apologize for any inconvenience. Weatherscan is no longer available.

Will you bring Weatherscan back again?
Comcast has no current plans to offer the channel again in the near future.

Is Comcast offering anything in place of Weatherscan?

Please check your channel lineup for local weather channel options.

What will happen to my scheduled DVR recordings?
We will drop the Weatherscan channel in your area and your DVR will no longer record any new or future programming on the Weatherscan channel. At that time, the channel will not be available to watch.

The Weather Channel is still available and provides localized weather every ten minutes on Local on the 8's.

There is a localized weather app available to customers with the X1 platform. Select the XFINITY button on the remote control, select Apps, then Daily Life, then Weather. Or just hold down the blue microphone button and say "Weather" on the X1 Voice Remote.    

Customers with our traditional on-screen program guide also have access to local updated weather forecasts via the guide's Main Menu, then select Local Weather.

Where do I begin?

to comcastjessie--

1. check channel lineup for local weather channel options?  Guess what--there are NONE.

2. have you watched the weather channel lately? they do NOT show the weather on the 8's.

They SOMETIMES show the weather on the 8's. They USED TO show weather every 10 minutes--not anymore.

Even during severe weather in our area, they do not stop showing their hour-long shows to show local weather.

3. I do not have the X1 platform.. am I expected to get X1 just to receive what I used to get?

4. the traditional on screen guide is text only, and is not updated for several weather--not even a close replacement.

Simply put-Comcast is doing this because they can, nothing more. This is nothing different than what

they have done dozens of times before.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 465 of 535

Well said.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 466 of 535

I hope that your company TANKS because of this STUPID decision to drop the Weather Scan channel!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 467 of 535

They did add weather on daily life, HOWEVER, it doesn't compare to weatherscan! It doesn't give one-tenth the information that weatherscan did. (Example; radar, dew point etc.) We all really pay too much,  not to have the informative channels we need on a daily basis, in our case, three to four times daily. It's a shame Comcast only cares about money and not their customers.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 468 of 535
This is extremely disappointing. We have been tuning in to the Weatherscan channel for years. I hope this feedback of all here is truly listened to by the executives that made this decision.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 469 of 535

I agree.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 470 of 535

Dear dapper921,

FYI, comcastjessie is a bot, comcasteds is an administrator and some others are strawmen.  On the other hand, it seems the only preface given by comcast corporate as to whether or not THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK! is indicated by the level of 'forum traffic' on the current hot top whatever trending forum threads that are currently available {to see which ones, click the other livelink in your forum notification e-mail.}  In the mean time, Xfintiy users who want THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL TO BE BROUGHT BACK! can only pound sand or otherwise complain to their congressman through FACEBOOK & TWITTER.  BTW, the X1 platform does not BRING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL for you either.

Cheers!

PS: Read the recent post: There are different dates for different areas. For Huntsville, the date for the drop of this channel has been pushed out to December 5, 2017.  Perhaps those old boys in Alabama can get the WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL TO RISE AGAIN! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 471 of 535

We are always using the channel to plan outdoor activities year-round! This is a huge loss! The info running across the screen on the weather channel is not nearly as complete nor as useful! Please bring it back!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 472 of 535

Thanatos2k, how do you get to the top of this thread?

Dear dapper921,

FYI, comcastjessie is a bot, comcasteds is an administrator and some others are strawmen.  On the other hand, it seems the only preference given by comcast corporate as to whether or not THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK! is indicated by the level of 'forum traffic' on the current hot top whatever trending forum threads that are currently available {to see which ones, click the other livelink in your forum notification e-mail.}  In the mean time, Xfintiy users who want THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL TO BE BROUGHT BACK! can only pound sand or otherwise complain to their congressman through FACEBOOK & TWITTER. 

BTW, the X1 platform does not BRING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL for you either.

Cheers! {;-)

PS: Read the recent post: There are different dates for different areas. For Huntsville, the date for the drop of this channel has been pushed out to December 5, 2017.  Perhaps those old boys in Alabama can GET THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL TO RISE AGAIN! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 473 of 535
No, The Weather Channel does not provide localized weather every ten minutes on Local on the 8's. When they run their stupid night programming like 'Ice road truckers' and such there is no local on the 8's. Only a scroll bar. We want and need to see the current conditions including the radar! Is Comcast providing a service to its customers or only entertainment? If it's the middle of the night and there is severe weather, don't your customers safety matter enough to you to provide them a place to turn to for information. Come on Comcast, wise up. Bring back the Weatherscan channel.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 474 of 535

the package that I pay for includes the weatherscan channel and you people remove channels and do not reflect an adjustment on my bill for what you have taken away! I watch this channel every day and you have now removed it from my line up so I will be forced to shop for alternative cable or satallite co. to do business with! This company has gotten so much worse the bigger it gets and customer service stinks.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 475 of 535

I have seen (on The Weather Channel fan forums) that TWC itself may be winding down the Weatherscan service, and may not be renewing carriage contracts with anyone.

Why Comcast won't actually say that is beyond me.  It would make them look far better to say that TWC is ending the service rather than saying they're dropping it...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 476 of 535

Osbueno wrote:

Dear dapper921,

FYI, comcastjessie is a bot, comcasteds is an administrator and some others are strawmen.  On the other hand, it seems the only preface given by comcast corporate as to whether or not THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK! is indicated by the level of 'forum traffic' on the current hot top whatever trending forum threads that are currently available {to see which ones, click the other livelink in your forum notification e-mail.}  In the mean time, Xfintiy users who want THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL TO BE BROUGHT BACK! can only pound sand or otherwise complain to their congressman through FACEBOOK & TWITTER.  BTW, the X1 platform does not BRING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL for you either.

Cheers!

PS: Read the recent post: There are different dates for different areas. For Huntsville, the date for the drop of this channel has been pushed out to December 5, 2017.  Perhaps those old boys in Alabama can get the WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL TO RISE AGAIN! 

Apologies. I can assure you that ComcastJessie is very much a real person (so am I by the way).

Thanks for sharing your comments and passion here. Both have been noted and shared with the right teams.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 477 of 535

Please do not remove weatherscan from the lineup. It is on 24/7 in our home and is vital to our safety, especially the alerts.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 478 of 535

what happened to channel 116. the weather channel

Posted by
New Poster

Message 479 of 535

I read the Comcast reply to losing the Weatherscan channel due to "low viewership". Myself, I watched it everyday. Local info on the spot with no commercials. Comcasts suggestion to go to the weater channel should be called the commercial channel that has an occasional weather break and usually features the weather where there is a hurricane or forest fire but rarely my local weather b/4 a long string of commercials comes back on and late at nite it turns into the vacumn cleaner channel as many channels do ( some turn into the Cindy Crawford face cream channel). I find it hard to believe that all these worthless shopping channel have higher viewership along with all the foreign language channels since I cannot speak spanish, mexican, german, japenese. or any of the slavic sounding channels. Weatherscan is one of the best channels comcast offers and just like that for no good reason it's gone. And they wonder why their subscriber count is dropping. Since this channel has been taken away has anyone's bill been reduced for having less service??????? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 480 of 535

I agree completely.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 481 of 535

Except that Comcast OWNS the Weather Channel (via acquisition of NBC Universal), so Weather Channel is only doing what its corporate overlords have told it to do.  It certainly will not drive my viewers to the Weather Channel's stream of info-tainment drivel.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 482 of 535

Robster2001 wrote:

I have seen (on The Weather Channel fan forums) that TWC itself may be winding down the Weatherscan service, and may not be renewing carriage contracts with anyone.

Why Comcast won't actually say that is beyond me.  It would make them look far better to say that TWC is ending the service rather than saying they're dropping it...

The Weather Channel has not communicated that to us. We are shipping the Weatherscan units back to The Weather Channel as per their request. That may suggest they intend to continue using the units in other (non-Comcast) locations.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 483 of 535

WLPear wrote:

Except that Comcast OWNS the Weather Channel (via acquisition of NBC Universal), so Weather Channel is only doing what its corporate overlords have told it to do.  It certainly will not drive my viewers to the Weather Channel's stream of info-tainment drivel.

Not to mention The Weather Channel's hilarious and ridiculous practice of naming SNOWSTORMS as though they were hurricanes.  Or as thoughTWC was as important as the NOAA or NWS.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 484 of 535

We are in New Mexico and fortunate that our weather is pretty boring but sometimes we do get something other than sunshine. Our local weather channel was taken away several years ago and I don't expect it to be brought back. THE WEATHER CHANNEL is a farce and we won't watch it nor do I use the X1 platform "Weather.". So I do what Comcast said we were doing in the first place and their reason for taking it away - I get our local weather from local news and if I miss that, then I use my very smart smartphone or computer. I get the weather for the day or by the hour or minute and extended weather. I check the NWS, the Weather Channel (on the phone or computer), Accu Weather, and Weather Underground. I don't have to wait for weather data on the 8s or whenever it is.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 485 of 535
Bad move comcast. But I've learned the hard way to expect anything more from you. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 486 of 535

Are you talking about WeatherScan? It's being removed as it's redundant and the equipment used to generate it is getting old and The Weather Channel does not want to update it.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 487 of 535

Are there any other weather channels that show current radar? We used channel 116 all the time, just for radar and quick weather updates. Hate to listen to 20 minutes of useless info to get current temp, radar, etc.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 488 of 535

How do we make a complaint about the removal of 101 Weather Channel?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 489 of 535
This is awful!!! I loved switching it on! Booo!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 490 of 535

Evaluate based on what conditions? I don't recall any customer inquiries as part of that evaluation? This channel was extremely valuable to your customers and you just arbitrarily cut it out with no notification. My 91 year parents are lost without out it, as are we. Sure customers --we value you ….. add 10 mins onto your day to search other places for immediate weather. The response of ‘go to the menu button and local weather – adds steps and that site does not provide radar, upcoming week etc. of weather. And waiting every 8 mins on the weather channel is not always an option as you are heading out the door for work.  VERY FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER HERE!!!  

PS. Maybe your responders on your site should do spell check. Frustrating message content and typos don't make for good customer service either.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 491 of 535

I also think The Weather Scan Channel is a very important channel. In my opinion there are many channels that could be removed rather than The Weather Scan. Most channels are what I call rerun channels. The same old shows over and over on different channels.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 492 of 535

My bill just went up, and I lose a favorite channel , The local weather scan and radar.  Also lost The "B" button picture when using the guide.  More money, less service.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 493 of 535

Have we lost the  Weatherscan Local channel 116.  Last night it was not available and again this morning the same thing.  If it was taken off the air why were we not notified.  Our bills keep going up but our services keep disappearing.  Please advise.  Thank You!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 494 of 535

I am so upset Weather Scan local channel has been removed from my lineup. It was my favorite channel and the main reason I kept Comcast all these years. The Weather Channel and Xfinity weather options do not provide local radar or cover local weather thoroughly. This effects our safety during really bad weather. Bring back Weather Scan!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 495 of 535
Posted by
New Poster

Message 496 of 535

I am very disappointed to see that Channel 116 has been removed with no notice!  Why?  I can get a complete weather update anytime of the day (yes I also like the music) and updates on travel, aches & pain index, and weather outlooks for the remainder of the week.  Please say that this is only temporary (satellite issue?).  I get up @ 4:00 AM & the first channel I turn on is 116 before I head out the door.  Please help & if others out there are feeling this pain!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 497 of 535

i am here with you, please leave great thing alone!!! Our house like Weatherscan better than The Weather Channel.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 498 of 535

deja vu JoeW7,

I 've complained on this forum and to Comcast Corporate over the last few years to BRING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL!!!

It's more effective to complain in writing to your local city government, who in our case, grants the license for Comcast cable in our fair city.   Otherwise, it is more effective than using this forum to complain to your elected State and Federal congressman through FACEBOOK & TWITTER.

Cheers!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 499 of 535
Indianapolis Comcast lights out on weatherscan without asking viewers. So I can cancel and who needs Comcast part of NBC fat cats who care less about subscribers
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 500 of 535

Where are you located? Here in the Chicago area, there was a notice in my bill a month or two ago. If you only view online, make sure to check the FULL bill option, not just the summary.