Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

We've received your order. Your new subscription should be available within two hour

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

My son just pressed on a channel we have had and this message came up Welcome  to .... We've received your order. Your new subscription should be available within two hour. He pressed enter before I could do anything. We have had Comcast for 12 plus years and have never seen this before. Options?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

ebpak wrote:

My son just pressed on a channel we have had and this message came up Welcome  to .... We've received your order. Your new subscription should be available within two hour. He pressed enter before I could do anything. We have had Comcast for 12 plus years and have never seen this before. Options?

Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489, select BILLING and speak with a CSR about what ORDER your son subscribed to.... they can change the subscription if in fact it did take and is active on your account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 3 of 5

It's probably not valid and nothing actually happened. I've seen that often with HBO and related channels. It doesn't actually go through. It's just some weird bug.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5

ebpak wrote: ... He pressed enter before I could do anything. ...

Consider setting up Purchase Pins on all your boxes.

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/how-to-block-purchase-of-pay-per-view/

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 5

ebpak wrote:

I've had that happen numerous times (via my husband pressing the wrong channel button), especially if that channel's OnDemand content is available on free preview. I phoned in about it the first time, was told by customer service that it's a misleading message and doesn't mean that you've ordered or subscribed to anything. And they were right. Nothing was added to our lineup or our bill.