New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Want to drop ESPN!!

ANSWERED
New Poster

Want to drop ESPN!!

Sick and tired of the leftist politics coming out of ESPN!  I demand the right to no longer pay for ESPN!!!

If I can't drop ESPN, I'm giving serious consideration to dropping cable altogether. I am sick and tired of being forced to pay for channels that offer nothing but hatred and radical leftist viewpoints!

Accepted Solution

Re: Want to drop ESPN!!

All - 

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being Comcast customers.

The current contract terms with ESPN (and ESPN's current stance with all video providers) are that their networks are required to be offered to a very widely distributed level of service, which those costs are then distributed along to all customers that have that channel in their level of service.

Generally, cable networks want to be available to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

The short story is that we can’t contractually remove ESPN from the level of service (package) that you have and charge you less.

However, there are other packages available in your area (Limited Basic, Digital Economy and Family Tier) that don’t include ESPN and would be available at a lower cost. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

You can't drop just one channel.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I agree and there are more than one Espn channels. 

When will Comcast offer cafe options. I don't need foreign language channels either.

Regular Visitor

I also want to drop ESPN and I am a big sports fan. The amount of politically correct preaching that comes from these channels is ridiculous. 

New Poster

Re: How do I drop ESPN from my stations

As ESPN is turning into an anti-american progressive fascist propaganda network I want to stop paying for them. How do I do this?

Service Expert

ConradCA1 wrote:

As ESPN is turning into an anti-american progressive fascist propaganda network I want to stop paying for them. How do I do this?

You can't remove just one channel.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

espn

can I cancel just ESPN ??? my understanding is that ESPN is a big part of my cable bill - I would like to know if I can cancel just ESPN and save some money. 

New Poster

I agree.  I want to stop paying for ESPN!

Service Expert

Re: espn

ESPN is not a large part of your cable bill. 

You can't remove just one channel; you would have to downgrade to very basic service, losing a lot of other channels as well.

If you'd like to complain about the recent happenings at ESPN contact either The Walt Disney Company [which owns 80%] or The Hearst Corporation [20%].

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

All - 

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being Comcast customers.

The current contract terms with ESPN (and ESPN's current stance with all video providers) are that their networks are required to be offered to a very widely distributed level of service, which those costs are then distributed along to all customers that have that channel in their level of service.

Generally, cable networks want to be available to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs are then spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

The short story is that we can’t contractually remove ESPN from the level of service (package) that you have and charge you less.

However, there are other packages available in your area (Limited Basic, Digital Economy and Family Tier) that don’t include ESPN and would be available at a lower cost. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Official Employee

ConradCA1 wrote:

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being a Comcast customer. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Re: espn

epcalloway wrote:

can I cancel just ESPN ??? my understanding is that ESPN is a big part of my cable bill - I would like to know if I can cancel just ESPN and save some money. 

Thanks for being a Comcast customer. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to cancel my ESPN channels until Jemelle Hill gets fired?

Please advise on package options ... Thanks.

Problem Solver

Re: Is it possible to cancel my ESPN channels until Jemelle Hill gets fired?

we going coast to coast tv time.

Regular Visitor

Thank you Comcast
Official Employee

Hello all, as stated previously channels cannot be dropped. The next best thing would be to down grade to a tier that doesn't have the channel. Or, not watch the channel all together. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 12 in conversation