New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Viceland and FYI will move to Digital Preferred on or around 11/15/16

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 64

I realized after my message yesterday, that I can not get Viceland only on the small boxes. The main box is working fine. Thanks for your quick response!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 52 of 64

I'm very disappointed in Comcast's decision to remove the Vice Channel and make people pay more for it, but I conceed that itsyour right to do so and I have the right to decide whether to remain a customer or not.

But I have another problem: Extremely slow internet.  I noticed you responded to another poster by saying you could see some problems with her internet service and would contact her to resolve it.  Please show me the same courtesy.  Thanks

kevin b.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 53 of 64

Obviously comcastted doesn't get it at all. This was part of the channels I was getting, it was moved in hopes I would pay an additional $10. Guess what. You are going to lose my entire payment because I am dropping cable. Comcast is pathetic.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 54 of 64
It says on Nov. 17 2016 viceland will be removed. Today is Jan. 25 and I just lost viceland. What gives?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 55 of 64

YearofdaRooster wrote:
It says on Nov. 17 2016 viceland will be removed. Today is Jan. 25 and I just lost viceland. What gives?

Apologies, your area was delayed so that the proper notification could be given. Found the below on your statement dated 12/16/2016

Important Account Information
Effective January 24, 2017, Viceland and FYI channels will move to the Digital Preferred tier. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 56 of 64

Not happy either...Pay a ridiculous amount for basic cable and internet, got a Direct TV and DISH promo in the mail, and going to check if ATT Uverse is in my area....Been with Comcast for almost 15 years and am tired of being treated like a noneity.....taking away channels, raising prices every few months, oh but you don't qualify for any discounts....Boo to you Comcast!  Why don't you take away some of the Spanish channels or Government channels that I don't want? Bring back FYI!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 57 of 64

Comcast dropped Viceland from my channel lineup. Viceland is one of the only channels I watched. My contract is about over, I may have to move to Google Fiber. Comcast should be ashamed for trying to rip off it's customers. Fifty or more channels of informercials at night, then moving highly viewed basic channels to the preferred plan to rip off thier customers.

Sad! 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 58 of 64

There is a large thread about this. It actually happened several months ago. It's all about money. Not enough viewers for what A&E networks was demanding, and Comcast is trying to keep the main tier prices down (but they get around that with 'fee' increases) to try and reduce cord cutting and trimming.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 59 of 64
Posted by
Visitor

Message 60 of 64
This is so ridiculous!!! I don't really care if you sent a notice or not!! Does that mean I will get a discount on my service??? I have a contract and if you are going to take away channels that was in my contract then you should discount it also!! But I just want to be able to watch my shows without being taken advantage of. I understand if I was a new customer and I signed the contract without those channels but I am not and I am tired of cable companies taking advantage of us.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 61 of 64

Basicall when they see that people enjoy a channel, they move it to a the highend; in return we get a Malaysian religious channel dubben in Spanish. What Comcast needs is competition.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 62 of 64

Hahaha this is a joke. They examine how they can scam people and "align" their pockets with More money. This does not benefit me at all. I am in a 2year contract and pay my bills on time and Comcast is punishing us for that and being loyal customers. I understand if you plan to change your policy with new customers or when our contract is up however it is unethical to do it to valued customers. Also since when is the customer not right. If you take away channels then it should reflect it in the price and instead of telling the customer that they have to pay more for what they were already getting. It's like me saying to you that I only want to pay 90% of my bill and you have to be ok with that bc that is now what is in my budget. Even tho we r in contract I deemed that 90% was reasonable and you will just have to deal with it. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 63 of 64

I saw that FYI & Viceland went to Digital preferred, but I can get them in the Digital Starter.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 64 of 64

retpostman1 wrote:

I saw that FYI & Viceland went to Digital preferred, but I can get them in the Digital Starter.

I would say you're getting them by mistake (with maybe other channels) and usually it gets rectified when area audits are done. Enjoy.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon