Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) picture freezes

Regular Contributor

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) picture freezes

Tonight Tuesday March 6 ---- -only Turner Classic Movies (TCM)  HD channel 789 picture briefly froze for a couple of seconds  while watching THE COBWEB and then again during LILITH.   Other channels OK.

I also advised TCM. 

Have any others experienced the same problem  on TCM? 

Thank you,

Stephen L

Regular Visitor

Re: Turner Classic Movies (TCM) picture freezes

I have a pixilation and or freezing problem all the time on Comcast. I have not checked with all channels obviously but it is there on the 2 channels I watch most. I record or watch the news every night on 432 and there is always pixilation mild to severe every time. My favorite channell is TCM high def 395. I have recorded and burned to CDs hundreds of movies and I used to have no pixilation or skipping on most recordings. Since the swithch to MP4 encoding essentially every movie has 1 or more instances of picture breaking up. Comcast has checked all my lines and splitters etc. only a few months ago and found nothing. I am recording through a Tuner in my PC and I understand those require a stronger signal to tune than the Comcast boxes however I have seen the same pixilation watching through the Comcast box and regular TV. They went to MP4 to crowd more channels onto the available bandwidth but I suspect they are still not allocating suficient bandwidth especially to hi-def channels.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation