New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TruTv

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Re: TruTv

@mollinmark wrote:

@ajfriedman13 wrote: I am still better off without those channels with the addition of Netflix and Gig speed for $10 cheaper per month.  But that's just me and you might not agree.  The CSRs are just not up to speed on these new packages yet.  There's a great thread out there where one person was told that they had to send a tech out to upgrade to Gig internet because the speeds are so fast that they can cause a fire in the walls.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Almost a little too in favor of, you know what I mean? My apologies, it was not meant to be inflammatory or an insult of any kind.

Still wouldn't Digital preferred tier (included in triple play) also cover the digital starter channels? 

New Poster

Please be more accurate.  It's also not in ANY of the new packages that came out as of 5/8/18.  

Regular Visitor

Thanks Ted for policing policy.

Any luck with management getting their story straight on TruTV?

New Poster

You should have stayed with FIOS. Every year comcast raises prices and you get nothing for it. This year they went as far as to raise rates AND take channels away from us WITHOUT any notification. If you would have had it at the beginning of the year you would now notice you are missing The Food Network, TruTV and The Weather Channel. 

For me this is the last insult. I will be getting DISH installed on Friday and then it will be <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.

New Poster

Alacart makes too much sense but would cost them money. And we all must remember <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Highlighted
Official Employee

@DanK2 wrote:

You should have stayed with FIOS. Every year comcast raises prices and you get nothing for it. This year they went as far as to raise rates AND take channels away from us WITHOUT any notification. If you would have had it at the beginning of the year you would now notice you are missing The Food Network, TruTV and The Weather Channel. 

For me this is the last insult. I will be getting DISH installed on Friday and then it will be <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Apologies for any confusion that we may have caused.

To address the notification issue that you raised above, the below was included on your cable statement dated March 14, 2018 

Xfinity TV Changes Effective May 9, 2018: The Weather Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier, and new Sports & News tier; Cartoon Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and new Kids & Family tier; Disney Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and Kids & Family tier; TruTV will only be available on Expanded Basic; Food Network will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier, and new Entertainment tier.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

@DanK2 wrote:

Alacart makes too much sense but would cost them money. And we all must remember <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Apologies. As with most all traditional North American multichannel video providers (including our competitors), current contracts with these national networks (and their parent companies) do not typically permit their networks to be made available as an a-la-carte per channel offering. This situation is not unique to Comcast. 

Generally, cable networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings), advertising revenue and per-subscriber fees to the network. That means that the costs are then spread across all of our customers who receive that channel, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service.  

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along any collective feedback, interests and concerns to our programming teams. Thanks for sharing your feedback. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Administrator
Administrator

@Mp672313 wrote:
Hi,

I just switched to Comcast from fios, and was told after that Comcast is no longer offering trutv in their new packages. Is there anyway to add trutv? I use this for a few shows as well as the NCAA tourney.

Thanks,
Matt

@Mp672313

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here.

We apologize for the confusion about your channel lineup. We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes need to make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. In 2018, several channels will be removed from the Xfinity TV Digital Economy package and moved to different packages that vary per location. If you would like to know specifically what channels TruTV is located on, feel free to check channel lineups in your area herehttps://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi ComcastJessie,

I'm sorry but when I call the customer service line, they tell me that Tru TV will not be available to me even if I switch over to another package. Would it be possible for you to provide me with the contact info for someone who can help me with this who actually understands what is going on? I currently have the top package that is offered but apparently this channel didn't make the cut and half of the people that I speak with on the phone can't get past that. I've heard a wide range of possible causes for this over the past month and it still doesn't make sense that you can get this channel with lower packages but not when you have a double- or triple- play package.

I'm really frustrated because I've spent hours talking to customer service over the past month trying to get this channel back. It is my family's favorite channel to watch thanks to the Impractical Jokers, the Carbonaro Effect and Adam Ruins everything - we basically leave it on as we come and go. What makes this even worse is that the Impractical Jokers are pretty local to the tri-state area so it's pretty sad that I can't watch a show that's filmed locally even though this is a basic channel that is offered by most providers throughout the country.

Thanks for your help...

Regular Visitor

Good luck

New Poster

I also lost TruTV in may, I was on limited basic. When I moved to the Boston area, the rep I spoke to about changing plans said it was not available on any plans.

New Poster

In my area I have called to switch my package and Comcast doesn't have Tru Tv and ID available anymore. I live south of Pittsburgh and for this reason I switched to Dish because I got tired of all the channels saying you need a subscription for them. Today I switched to both channels and it said i needed a subscription for it and then I called Customer Service and they said that Trutv and ID is no longer with comcast.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats