Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TCM says "Not Authorized" despite showing in my listing and playing OK on XfinityStream

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 3

I recently switched to a package that includes Digital Starter.

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is included in my personalized channel list at https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/ , and I can also play it online from my personalized program listings on XfinityStream.  But when I go to that channel (501) on the TV, it says "Not Authorized."

Any suggestions?  I have tried unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in.  Also, I have tried out all the other channels on my personalized channel list on the TV, and TCM is the only one from the list that won't play.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3

Dennis25 wrote:

I recently switched to a package that includes Digital Starter.

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is included in my personalized channel list at https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/ , and I can also play it online from my personalized program listings on XfinityStream.  But when I go to that channel (501) on the TV, it says "Not Authorized."

Any suggestions?  I have tried unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in.  Also, I have tried out all the other channels on my personalized channel list on the TV, and TCM is the only one from the list that won't play.  Thanks.

Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and ask that your box's entitlements be refreshed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 3