Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Switching Inputs with XR2 Remote

New Poster

Switching Inputs with XR2 Remote

I am unable to switch between inputs using my XR2 remote. Pressing the input button on the remote does bring up the available inputs (TV, HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.) however I am unable to arrow up or down to select another input. After speaking with a customer service representative, they suggested I press the input button numerous times to cycle through the inputs. I've tried that but that doesnt work either.

Service Expert

Re: Switching Inputs with XR2 Remote

@calellokath wrote:

I am unable to switch between inputs using my XR2 remote. Pressing the input button on the remote does bring up the available inputs (TV, HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.) however I am unable to arrow up or down to select another input. After speaking with a customer service representative, they suggested I press the input button numerous times to cycle through the inputs. I've tried that but that doesnt work either.

If your TV requires an additional step ( pressing OK on the TV remote for instance ) you will need to use the TV's remote to change inputs.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation