Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Starz on (Roku)/Tablet etc.

New Poster

Starz on (Roku)/Tablet etc.

I have Starz paid for as part of my package.  I can download players for HBO and premium channels and for USA, FOX, etc.  I can watch all content on these individual apps by loading my Xfinity username&password to these apps.  Likewise, when I want to add a channel to my (Roku) box and watch a show there (example the show is over and I did not during it) then I can add the SYFY channel, a code appears on my screen, I use an iPad to go to syfy.com/activate (or close) and put in the code on the screen,  Then it asks for my cable provider, I hit xfinity and it takes me to a site (probably pass through) where I put in my Xfinity username and password.  Well, Starz and a few others  don’t offer xfinity out of almost 1000.  I asked them, they said it was Xfinity’s lack of programming. I first tried to add a few channels last Spring and about every month.  Will somebody fix this standoff, I am happy to start paying for just the channels I watch. Paying $3,99 for regular channels and $15 for premium is still cheaper than $200/ month.  Plus there are bundles out there now.  Please someone at Xfinity fix this.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Starz on (Roku)/Tablet etc.

There are agreements between Comcast and the media companies as to what types of devices are available for TV Anywhere (the 'Go' apps where you authorize with your cable/satellite subscription.) Comcast doesn't have that agreement for TV-based devices (Roku, etc...) with Viacom (Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, etc...), Starz/Liongate, and Scripps Networks (Travel, HGTV, DIY, etc...).

Why no agreement? My guess is that the media companies may demand a fee for EVERY channel subscriber, even if they don't use any of those devices.

Official Employee

Re: Starz on (Roku)/Tablet etc.

Hello Eor-Eor, we don't have an agreement with Starz to stream their content from their app. You can download our Xfinity Stream app to view all of your favorite channels including Starz on your Roku. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation