Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 301 of 829

wow! im a single mother trying to make ends meet. its bad enough to have to pay outrageous phone bills and just to be able to watch tv, i have to pay this high cable bill. now they want to play the "greed card, again" and take channels we already had and put them over to a "better pkg" that only cost "$9.99mo" MORE.

come on u guys, just leave us with what we already had. are you not making enough money down there, BECAUSE I DONT BELIVE IT, GREED GREED GREED

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 302 of 829

It is frustrating to pay more and get less. FYI  Comcast is large contributed to Republican candidates.  Get angry at the corporate welfare brought to you by the GOP. Just sayin!

Hatethem wrote:
3 channels taken, but my bill increases significantly. Comcast is clearly ran by democrats. Wth! I hate this company- poor, poor service and ethics! Consumer must sign contract, but nothing- including channel picks & prices are not guaranteed. Shocking.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 303 of 829

Thegrep wrote:
How about this one. I am a preferred customer so I didn't lose Spike on my living room TV with my DVR cable box. Yet Spike disappeared on the two bedroom TVs with the small basic cable boxes Comcast provides. What a joke. Customer Service told me I can upgrade both cable boxes to the full service box for $10 per month for each box. So I have the privilidge of getting a single channel back on a service I already pay for and still have in my living room all for $20 per month. It's not right, it's dishonest, and Comcast should reconsider the change. Wishful thinking.

DTA's have limited programming capability. They only are capable of Limited Basic, Starter, Family, Economy, and MultiLatino. A few Preferred channels that are in one of those tiers (like Science) will usually work on a DTA. Since Spike and Pop are ONLY in Preferred (or higher), they are no longer available on a DTA.

It is partially a technical issue. Those higher tiers use a stricter encryption scheme the DTA's do not support. DTA's were originally designed to replace directly using a TV's own tuner back in the days of analog TV. They are now mainly designed as basic tuners for secondary TV's.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 304 of 829

why don't i have spike channel

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 305 of 829

mcgoumar wrote:

It is frustrating to pay more and get less. FYI  Comcast is large contributed to Republican candidates.  Get angry at the corporate welfare brought to you by the GOP. Just sayin!

Just to keep you honest because we know you don't want to be telling any fibs.

10 Companies Making The Biggest Political Donations: 24/7 Wall St.

3. Comcast Corporation
> Total contributions (2012-ongoing): $2,774,151
> Donations to Democratic Party: 64%
> Donations to Republican Party: 36%
> Spending on lobbying (2012-ongoing): $4,600,000
> Industry: Cable TV

Posted by
Visitor
Message 306 of 829

I have had CMT since day 1 now I have not authorization to access it.  Whats up.  I have wireless access but have lost it on my kindle and cell phone,  My computer is still connected thank goodness.

As you can tell I am not happy and I was so excited when I got a new TV and better service.  I had connection to my kindle and I could watch CMT.  In fact watched it last Saturday,  Whats up

Posted by
Visitor

Message 307 of 829

I have the Digital Starter package.  Did Comcast take Spike TV out of it's line up?  If so why?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 308 of 829
That's why I'm on here too! Why'd they take spike away?!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 309 of 829

Same problem and package. I called and was told a signal will be sent out to reset the box. 10 minutes and the picture hasn't even flinched. Now I'm on hold with chat. I'll update with whatever happens.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 310 of 829

I along with most of the sales reps agree with you that comcast should not change the channel line up.  However, you need to understand it is not us that have made these chnages and are just as upset as you... we hate it when comcast makes changes such as these bc we know our day at work has just become harder.. when you get mean with us or say I know it is not your fault or i don't mean to take this out on you..(but somehow you do) there is nothing we can do if your nice or being rude or acting mean.. nothing.. I just want you to understand that it is not our fault or choice to make these changes.... I have been told by some cux to change jobs, you work for a greedy company but it has been my experience that all companies are greedy ( I have worked for Dish Network ).. my job with comcast puts food on my table, gas in my car and clothes on my childrens back. i guess my point is be kind to the reps, they didn't create this nor did we as for it... thank you

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 311 of 829

I do not think it has anything to do with its Politics. Comcast also owns NBC, MSNBC and there is more. Have you been to the food stores, cloths stores, and Energy cost except gas now lower, everything is costing more. Where is the FCC oversight? This is bait and switch. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 312 of 829

I have the same set up and was told by customer service that POP was moved to preferred because

it is now HD.  What a lie!  When I viewed my cable box TV, the HD light was not on with POP.  In fact

the picture was awful.  The customer service rep could not speak english and it was very frustrating

it deal with him.

A lame excuse that DTA's are not capable of handling POP, and etc channels.  Just another excuse

to charge us more by making us buy cable boxes for each tv.  

Time to go with Dish because I am sick of this Bull S....

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 313 of 829
I have never been rude to employees but I do need to call every months to fix by Bill. And as far as the channel change it is greed just like direct tv, I had same problem. The real problem is not enough choice we are starting to get more choices with Apple TV, Netflix and many others. But when consumers get screw#d they need to callFCC corporate office will call you back in 2 days and general fix mistakes and incovinences but the crowd is making these channel changes and data caps which need to be felt with by corporate calls abc news, nbc news need to make aware
Posted by
Visitor

Message 314 of 829

Finally was able to speak to somebody. Spike has been moved to the digital preferred so if you'd like to watch you'd have to upgrade. I'm a little frustrated that nothing was told to me before the channel was removed.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 315 of 829

mim43 wrote:
I have never been rude to employees but I do need to call every months to fix by Bill. And as far as the channel change it is greed just like direct tv, I had same problem. The real problem is not enough choice we are starting to get more choices with Apple TV, Netflix and many others. But when consumers get screw#d they need to callFCC corporate office will call you back in 2 days and general fix mistakes and incovinences but the crowd is making these channel changes and data caps which need to be felt with by corporate calls abc news, nbc news need to make aware

I have an X1 box and the higher tier, so the POP and Spike changes didn't effect me. But, I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the meeting that made the decision to move CMT to the Sports package. It completely baffles me.

I didn't have the Sports package. I didn't want it. As we can see from the number of complaints about the move, many others don't have it either. We didn't need it. Now, if we want CMT, we have to pay another $120 a year, FOR ONE BASIC COMMERCIAL CABLE CHANNEL. Either the ones making these kinds of decisions don't think about the impact those decisions have long term, or they are just flat out greedy. There can't be any other reasons. Well, I refuse to pay it. No CMT for me after the free 2 months of the Sports package they gave me is up.

As it relates to me, their decision has backfired. Next week when my new non-Comcast second phone line is hooked up, and adding in the other services I dropped on Thursday, that extra $120 year Comcast wanted and won't get from me will end up costing them $570 a year. For once I feel like I won.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 316 of 829

This just further pushes me to remove cable all together. You can watch most shows online anyways a couple days later. Comcast is horrible... My bill went up ~$5 this month for no reason, AND I had channels removed.. happy new year to you too Comcast. If I cant get my bill lowered this week, I am going to just internet.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 317 of 829

It's called GREED!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 318 of 829

So upset with comcast. We have to pay to get the channels, we then have to rent a box to recieve the channels after using them for years, now they are switching channel lineup AGAIN and want us to pay more for channels we were recieving in our pkg; they've taken away hometown customer service so you don't know whom you will be talking to and it's mostly computerized so you are actually talking to no one. It's gimmi, gimmi, gimmi!! TIRED OF IT COMCAST. YOU STINK

Posted by
Visitor

Message 319 of 829

What happened to Spike TV in my line up?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 320 of 829

SanDiegoInExile wrote:

The owners of CMT (Viacom) have announced their intention to focus on pop culture, although with a twang.  If you have watched any of the channel in the past year, you will notice that aside from their weekly countdown show and 4 hours in the wee morning. the schedule is definitely not "country music".  

Reba, Cops, The Bodyguard, Adam Sandler movies, The Jamie Foxx Show, Raising Hope, and Last Man Standing, National Lampoon movies, and Pretty Woman are decidedly not country music.

Viacom did this a couple years ago with Logo.  They re-positioned that channel to a pop culture channel, with a "flair".

Bottom line, the channels insisted on more money.  Comcast could drop them, move them to a tier and charge more only to those customers, or charge more for everyone.

The above does make sense, sir, the channel providers wanted too much money.

BUT there has been ZERO customer notice and ZERO customer compensation for the loss of channels.  Instead, they want us to *AGAIN* upgrade our already outragesly priced contract (I'm sure there's a fee to break the contract too...).  

$280 a month to watch TV, browse Facbook, and have a phone for solicitors to call is insane!

I can forsee a subscription to Hulu and a call to Dish network in my future!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 321 of 829

you and a bunch of people are not happy go to the bbb website and the fcc website and file a complaint i did and conmcast called me it didnt turn out good but if enough people complain the will do something and as far as im comcern the broke the contract when the took away the channels so i can break my end they said i still have digital preferred  but when they give me digital prefferd with nothing but shopping channelsthen it will be alright for them to charge the same

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 322 of 829

i think your dea lwith comcast has been broken and i think we all should break our end

Posted by
Visitor

Message 323 of 829

When you are on a budget income & Comcast realizes they have a lot of viewers on basic POP they remove it to a different tier or raise prices. I just pray that some internet & cable service comes available very soon. I am so sick & tired of Comcast. They are only out to nickel and dime a person, definitely not their for their customers

Posted by
Visitor

Message 324 of 829
Totally disgusted with Comcast and Comcast customer service. Losing CMT and raising the price is the last straw. Longtime customer, but we have had enough. Listen to your customers!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 325 of 829

Another case where Comcast knows they have us all by the balls.  Put a tiny little notice on a bill saying channels are moving and then charging to get them back.  Comcast is a Monopoly.  They say they have competition from Fios and Satellite TV but that is a lie.  Those other choices are not a cable provider and run on different types of technology.  Where I live Cable is my only choice.  An apartment building where I can't get Satellite or Fios

.  They keep increasing our bills with no oversight. Sneaky fees for this and that.  Bunch of thieves.   I now lose one of my favorite channels and get no compensation for the loss.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 326 of 829
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 327 of 829

Lamixter1 wrote:

Another case where Comcast knows they have us all by the balls.  Put a tiny little notice on a bill saying channels are moving and then charging to get them back.  Comcast is a Monopoly.  They say they have competition from Fios and Satellite TV but that is a lie.  Those other choices are not a cable provider and run on different types of technology.  Where I live Cable is my only choice.  An apartment building where I can't get Satellite or Fios

.  They keep increasing our bills with no oversight. Sneaky fees for this and that.  Bunch of thieves.   I now lose one of my favorite channels and get no compensation for the loss.  

They don't have me by the balls. Starting next week, I'll be taking $570 a year out of their pockets that I've been putting in them. The X1 box will be the next thing to go. That'll be another $120 a year or more gone from their pocket and back in mine. It's really not much more than a glorified VCR anyway. It hasn't lived anywhere near up to all the hype about it.  If you have services you can live without or get somewhere else, cancel them. If enough of us can cancel enough to make them financially take notice, maybe they'll start listening to us.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 328 of 829

What happened to the spike channel 34.  It say's we no longer get it???

Posted by
Visitor

Message 329 of 829

I am thicked off!!!  I pay a fortune to Comcast and they drop 2 of my favorite channels.  I still get them in my living room and bedrooms but not in my office where I spend much of my time.  Spike and CMT should be considered BASIC channels and should be included in all packages.  STOP RIPPING US OFF COMCAST!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 330 of 829
Same thing happened to us, I have not called yet but I will. I know it I had it previously.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 331 of 829

jr87 wrote:
Same thing happened to us, I have not called yet but I will. I know it I had it previously.

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 332 of 829

mountain2121 wrote:

Where did the channels go?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Visitor
Message 333 of 829

Hi, 

I used to have the POP channel and now I don't. Someone please explain. Thank you!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 334 of 829

i WAnt to know why I get spike on 1 tv and not on my other two tvs?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 335 of 829

I, too, would like an explanation!  It just disappeared this evening.

My zip code is 24401.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 336 of 829

crssmith wrote:

i WAnt to know why I get spike on 1 tv and not on my other two tvs?

Spike is now on the Digital Preferred Tier and your other 2 boxes (DTAs) only get up to Digital Starter.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 337 of 829

snonewf wrote:

I, too, would like an explanation!  It just disappeared this evening.

My zip code is 24401.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 338 of 829

You've changed channel lineups one month after I signed on for this package. Not only that you notified this customer one day in advance. You do not listen to your customers and the best way to get you to listen is when customers contact the Federal Communications Commission, which I will be doing.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 339 of 829

You've increased my bill 6 out of the last seven months, and now you drop channels (another increase in my cost.) Robbery.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 340 of 829

Spike channel is now showing a message that I need to go to my account and add it. I already have it with my package and have been watching it before.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 341 of 829
I can definitely do without cable. I do need Internet but there isn't as much of a monopoly in that area so I have more options there.
Understandably, as paying Comcast customers, the removal of these channels is concerning. Contrary to what I've read, this decision obviously did not have the customer in its best interest. I'm also concerned this is only the beginning of a trend. Which channels are next on the list to go to a different tier because of "skyrocketing carriage fees"? Comcast is a multi billion dollar business!
I follow their earnings report closely. It has increased each quarter.
I wasn't aware that these channel changes would take place until I was set to watch some programs on those channels on January 7 2016 and to my unpleasant surprise couldn't find them. I then called Comcast to see if it was a technical glitch and after almost a full hour total of waiting for a representative and troubleshooting, finally figured out the issue.
Retroactively looking back at my November bill, I do see that it was in fact mentioned. Buried on the 3rd page of my bill in small print.
No apologies on the statement or offers of a reduction in future statements for the loss of channels.
I think this is what most of us have a problem with. Why not explain and address this better and compensate us for losing services. Not so cut and dry as they clearly can see how this is affecting many loyal customers so negatively. Don't we all deserve better? Wonder if our voices will ever be heard.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 342 of 829

Post removed for circumventing the forum language filters in violation of the Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 343 of 829

alliecatt wrote:
Understandably, as paying Comcast customers, the removal of these channels is concerning. Contrary to what I've read, this decision obviously did not have the customer in its best interest. I'm also concerned this is only the beginning of a trend. Which channels are next on the list to go to a different tier because of "skyrocketing carriage fees"? Comcast is a multi billion dollar business!

Interesting you shoud mention that.

In March, the FCC is conducting another Spectrum Auction. It stands to really mess up local over-the-air TV stations channel numbers and if they even stay on the air. It's a pretty long winded process, here's a link to read about it.

A guide to the FCC spectrum auction

From what I read in a local news story about the auction, some local over-the-air stations could be moved on the channel line-up or could go dark or be talked into going to cable/satellite only. I fully expect that situation to be taken advantage of. Our current Spike/POP/CMT nonsense could only be the beginning.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 344 of 829

Very disappointed in loss of Spike channel. My monthly bill went up over $5.00 and I've lost one of my favorite channels.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 345 of 829

What happened? Why did we lose this?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 346 of 829
What happened to my CMT channel
Posted by
Visitor

Message 347 of 829

We have a contract. You agreed to provide certain channels and in exchange I agreed to pay you a certain amount.  You have broken that contract, and I DEMAND a reduction in my invoiced amount, or I want  the channels back.  I will take my complaint anywhere that I can. FCC, the State of New Jersey, whoever.  I also want a response from you immediately.

James Flynn

Hampton, NJ

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 348 of 829

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines. ( Circumvention/Bypassing Language Filters after already being warned by the Filter System )

Posted by
Visitor
Message 349 of 829
What happened to my CMT channel. I pay all this money for what. For you to keep canceling channels. I am so tired of Xfinity you are just robbing people blind. I think it's time for me to switch to another provider. That is one of my favorite channels. Charging me so much money I can't even keep up with the bill
Posted by
Visitor
Message 350 of 829
I current have the digital starter package but, I get the this channel is not included in your package, but they do ea...spike. Why is this happening?