New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
Contributor

Message 251 of 831

Worse is Comcast was SELLING packages and saying these deleted channels were included up to the time they were removed. Another level of bait and switch.  Reminds me of the old traveling snake oil salesman. Trust me, my $10 antenna provides more channels, less sales and foreign language channels, than Comcast Basic Cable.  Buy your antenna and drop Comcast unless you have enough money and enjoy being one of the mindless sheeple.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 252 of 831

Buy a $10 antenna!  Comcast dropped channels and want you to pay more for your package to upgrade and get them back. Worse is Comcast was SELLING packages and saying these deleted channels were included up to the time they were removed. It happened to me on 11/23/2015. Another level of bait and switch.  Reminds me of the old traveling snake oil salesman. Trust me, my $10 antenna provides more channels, less sales and foreign language channels, than Comcast Basic Cable.  Buy your antenna and drop Comcast unless you have enough money and enjoy being one of the mindless sheeple.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 253 of 831

Please inform Mr. Karinshak, that as soon as FIOS comes in our area in Irwin PA, its GOOD RIDDENCE  to Comcast because Comcast takes channels away and increases its prices!  Way to go in moving POPTV!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 254 of 831

Contacting ecare@comcast.com is one of the first things I did because I can't waste my valuable cell minutes calling and dealing with incompetent and uninformed phone agents, along with all the Comcast sales pitches and requests for survey completion. "ecare" agents reply promptly, are polite, but remind that Comcast provided all the notice they were required by law to do.  Very nice but still doesn't resolve the problem of the apparent disregard for customers and Comcast's crashing reputation. This is bait and switch; next, Comcast will keep our bank account numbers, take monthly withdrawals, and we will receive nothing. They welcomed me to contact them again directly so I wrote and said I wanted my two year contract cancelled since mine was contracted on 11/23/2015, when I was sold the package including removed channels. Comcast knew very well the channels would not be available within just a few weeks.  Tom Karinshak needs to put a video on the Comcast website and answer these complaints.  Kudo if you agree!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 255 of 831

Why did you take Spike chanel off we enjoyed this station.  Thank you

Posted by
New Poster

Message 256 of 831

How come I can no longer get the CMT channel?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 257 of 831

I have posted several comments regarding my specific situation.  Signed a two year contract on 11/23/2015; Comcast deleted channels 01/14/2016.  I wanted to cancel based on the fact that Comcast knew they were not going to deliver what they were selling me, yet, encourage me to sign a two year contract.  According to the contract,

"8). Comcast may rearrange, delete, add to or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Services."

I would estimate that over the next two years, my package will have no channels and I will need to pay extra to turn on my television at all, while receiving only a menu or test pattern.

Comcast ecare agent said, "You do have the option to cancel your service however, the ETF (early termination fee) would still apply. I sincerely apologize for any difficulty that this may have caused you."

Thanks Comcast!  aka Conniving Operations, Manipulative Company, Abyssmally Sinking Tactics

Posted by
New Poster

Message 258 of 831

O K, so without switching to another package, because I love what I have, and I do have young kids, lets make a deal, what's it going to take to just get back channels 64 Spike and 65 CMT ?? I know you can do it, and I am on a very tight budget, but!! I would be willing to pay a little extra just to keep channels 64 and 65.  I am a dedicated CUSTOMER who has young kids! and in the Digital Preferred Pkg. there is a section of channels of Encore which is a very ADULT Channel plus there are a lot of channels in Digital Preferred Pkg. that I would not want!!  plus I don't need 220 channels.  So talk to me, lets make a deal??

Posted by
Contributor

Message 259 of 831

Comcast makes no deals for the benefit of customers!  Sorry, you are never going to get a trade.  We are stuck if we sign contracts.  I have checked out consumer complaints and reviews over the past 3 years.  Comcast is consistantly tagged in all categories as one of the worst companies, if not the worst.  Signed: "Stupid me; I signed a contract"

Posted by
New Poster

Message 260 of 831

Why did you remove CMT? I pay a lot of money for my comcast cable. monthly!  I am home recovery from surgery, and enjoy watching this station.  please considering bring it back. Thank you, Mary Burns

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 261 of 831

everyone needs to call the FCC

Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554
Phone: 1-888-225-5322
TTY: 1-888-835-5322
Videophone: 1-844-432-2275
Fax: 1-866-418-0232

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 262 of 831

everyone needs to stand up my bill is different every months alsocall the FCC

Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554
Phone: 1-888-225-5322
TTY: 1-888-835-5322
Videophone: 1-844-432-2275
Fax: 1-866-418-0232

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 263 of 831
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 264 of 831
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 265 of 831
Posted by
New Poster

Message 266 of 831

Comcast is nothing more then a criminal organization, they keep cutting the service and expect more money.  AND THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE CUTTING THE CABLE, BECAUSE I CAN GET MORE CHANNELS FOR LESS COST, AND BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE ELSEWHERE.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 267 of 831

I totally agree! If I now have to pay another $10/mo to now get this,  then my present bill should be cut by the same  amount  (or at least SOME amount) since I lost it.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 268 of 831

We are extemely upset.  Got the new tv set box for our area, and did not realize we would lose CMTHD.....my husband wants me to put the old one back!  I don't understand why that channel would not be authorized.  Please get it back.  Or, let me know when it will be back in our area?  I live in Fremont, California.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 269 of 831

This is NOT right. You can't take away channels without providing some sort of compensation, just like Xfinity wants compensation for us to upgrade. I don't want more sports channels, I only want CMT back. I only watch a few channels as it is, and am already frustrated with having 500 mostly useless channels and paying a premiuim bundle package just to get the 5 channels that I like. And now it's getting worse. Anything that I really want to watch is a now a permium channel or upgrade. Equally annoying is how  the whole on-demand experience is changing, too. Former regular sitcom free on-demand episodes are now "rentals" or "buy" only? What gives? I already pay more for TV and internet than my parents did for their house payment. A "piddly" $10/mo more may not seem like much to a Comcast exec, but we're still putting kids through college. This is bunk.  Makes me want to drop Xfinity completely.  As for "customer service",  I don't get the fact that I try to call, I get lame phone bots and have to listen to propaganda about great customer service, and yet, they pull stuff like thi. After I get through the stupid phone bot, I find that they've located their call center in Mexico City... I then spend 10 minutes just trying to explain to the rep what CMT actually is, and he comes back and tells me that I have a "great" plan and starts asking if I want TMZ added, and I had to explain over and over... C-M-T... Country Music Television! Can I speak with an English-speaking agent, please!?!. Agggghhhh. I finally hung up. I sure would like to see some of that customer service they rant about, starting with some credits and refunds on my bill for dropping and reducing my services.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 270 of 831

I have several posts you might read.  We customers need to do a mass cancellation of services.  Tom Karinshak would be out of a job and might finally think about all the reasons why the company folded.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 271 of 831

dejs wrote:

I have several posts you might read.  We customers need to do a mass cancellation of services.  Tom Karinshak would be out of a job and might finally think about all the reasons why the company folded.

I've already start cutting services. I cut $22.00 a month of them yesterday and next week I'll be cutting my second phone line and the non-published fee that goes with it. That totals close to $590 a year that will stay in my pocket, not Comcast's. That's just the beginning. I'm starting to see a TIVO in my future.

All over 1 basic cable channel.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 272 of 831

I pay for digital preferred and currently have 1 tv with a cable box and 1 tv with an adapter.  Yesterday I was unable to

view POP on my tv with the adapter. 

My Dec bill indicates, Jan 14, POP will move to the the Digital preferred package and no longer on LImited basic.

I don't understand why I cant view it on my tv with the adapte since I pay the monthly fee for preferred. 

Is Comcast treating each TV as a different account?????

This was not noted on the Dec bill "news from Comcast" as such.   This seems unethical.  

Please clarify. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 273 of 831

Why is my system blocked from channel 146

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 274 of 831

Pop is ONLY in Preferred now. That means you must have a full cable box to watch it. A few Preferred channels are available on a DTA (like Science) because they are also in Economy or Family.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 275 of 831

Glad you are getting rid of CMT !!!!!  Hate Country Period..............THANK'S

Posted by
New Poster

Message 276 of 831

When I signed up for the television package in mid November of 2015, I specifically asked for a package that included some channels, including Spike. I agreed to a 2 year contract, and less than 2 months in one of the channels I specifically requested is now being taken away and you are trying to make me pay more to get it back it. Does this sound like a good way to keep customers? Take away items, charge more? My service is diminished, yet you still expect me to pay the same and still wish to apply an early termination fee despite you offering me less.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I'm looking forward to the end date of this contract.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 277 of 831

I just received an email from Comcast that this channel has been removed from my tier. This is of course after the recent rate increase. I guess my $197.00 per month is not enough. I have to buy a higher tier package to get the good channels. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 278 of 831

I signed up in November 2015, also; November 23, 2015, to be exact.  Comcast knew they were selling something they would not provide and encouraged me to be locked in for two years.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 279 of 831

Started getting a not available message for channel 743, 58, Spike TV.  Have not changed anything with our account.  Any reason why?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 280 of 831

Why take a channel like POP away? Loved having it, but I'm hardly going to pay more per month for it, LOL! Glad I have ROKU & Netflix and am thinking of getting rid of comcast TV altogether.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 281 of 831

So today on the 15th of January the Comcast tv package that I have had for the past 4 months has all of a suddenly deleted about 4 channels. When I called Comcast about this they said that it was out of there control but if I wanted to pay an extra 10 dollars a month it would be fixed. So basically Comcast has created a problem then offered to fix it for 10 dollars a month. What kind of company does business like that, Absolutely disgusting.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 282 of 831
Posted by
New Poster

Message 283 of 831

I noticed the same thing tonight. We watch this channel often and I will be changing services if they took it away. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 284 of 831

I have been with comcast now around 7-10 year and it seems like bill keeps going up and the service seems to be going down. 

My bill went up and I lost channels. I watch SPIKE all the time today they moved it with no warning and now If I want to watch SPIKE I will need to buy the higher programming....... If Verizon Fios every get in my area I will drop Comcast in a second . The DVR I have gives me issues all the time.  only records half the time. I have already changed it once.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 285 of 831

I am so sick of losing channels  yet my bill keeps going up up up !! I have more spanish channels than I can shake a stick at that I do not want !! What is up Comcast ? You are a monopoly that needs to be crushed !!! I am sick of the crappy free movies on demand.Most are Lifetime movies and old junk that I have seen a million times !!! ou need to take a serious look at what you are doing .You guys are pricing people out of being able to afford your services. maybe if we all change to direct tv you will singa different tune !!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 286 of 831
Well your definitely racist. How about Country asss whoopin!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 287 of 831
Agree with everyone. They have no real reason to take POP and Spike off except to try and get everyone to upgrade. Take channels off but keep increasing the price.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 288 of 831

How come I do not receive channel 146 (CMT) anymore? I am an Xfinityy customer and I have been a member of comcast for over 20 years. I was not notified of any changes to my channel line up. I pay over $200 a month for comcast Xfinity services. I am very upset. When will you restore channel 146 to my lineup without charging me for an upgrade? Otherwise I may look at other options.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 289 of 831
I don't watch CMT for sports. I detest NASCAR!!! I watch CMT for REBA and LAST MAN STANDING.

Bad move COMCAST
Posted by
New Poster

Message 290 of 831

I normally get channel 827/SPKHD - this evening it says its not authorized - why?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 291 of 831

why did u take spike and pop off digal starting kit

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 292 of 831

I feel like you are forcing me to upgrade whether I want to or not. Taking away Spike really upsets me and I feel it is a form of your way to have me pay more for my services. I have been a customer before it was Comcast which is about 15 years it is going to be a shame to go somewhere else.

Sincerely,

Linda Carter

Posted by
New Poster

Message 293 of 831
CMT is not even a sports channel! Now I can't watch Last Man Standing! What a rip!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 294 of 831
Exactly!!!! Does CMT and COMCAST not care about the customers?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 295 of 831

since we added an extra cable box and had it activated we are not getting the spike channel and just wondered why

Posted by
New Poster

Message 296 of 831
How about this one. I am a preferred customer so I didn't lose Spike on my living room TV with my DVR cable box. Yet Spike disappeared on the two bedroom TVs with the small basic cable boxes Comcast provides. What a joke. Customer Service told me I can upgrade both cable boxes to the full service box for $10 per month for each box. So I have the privilidge of getting a single channel back on a service I already pay for and still have in my living room all for $20 per month. It's not right, it's dishonest, and Comcast should reconsider the change. Wishful thinking.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 297 of 831

Can't agree more.  Just got told the one channel I actually watch is going to the "Sports Entertainment" package now,  The channel happens to be CMT.  LoL CMT is a sports channel now?  I have to get NFL redzone and all that mess if I want to watch Country Music Channel?   I guess they really want that extra monthly fee pretty bad, but it just isn't worth it to me.  Click! still has more channels on their standard-HD channel listing.  Might be time to give them my TV dollars instead of this company.  The greed is just getting to be too much here.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 298 of 831

Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop

Pay More For Pop 

Pop Pop Pop

Need a full cost cable box to Pop Pop Pop

Posted by
New Poster

Message 299 of 831

I figure I will just drop them when my contract is up!  No biggie they don't care about customer service.  A buddy of my works at corporate and he told me they know people will pay the extra and that will out due the customers they lose.  Well time to move.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 300 of 831

*Comcast, you stink.

Taking away 3 channels....with nothing more to offer......you s*ck.

Everyone, go to dish.