Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

i AGREE I WANTED TO WATCH CMT ON CH 835 AND THE MESSAGE TELSS ME THAT ITS FREE AND I HVE TO ADD IT TO MY PACKAGE THAT I WAS WATCHING SINCE I WENT TO COMCAST A FEW MONTHS AGO?????

MonyaGB wrote:

You took away CMT (Country Music Television)! And added it to a Sports Package? Now I can't watch Reba reruns without paying you greedy people more money. Shame on you! 

New Poster

Tv channel

Yesterday I was getting the POP channel and today it's gone. Why?????

New Poster

Re: Tv channel

Same here. I've had Pop channel 100 for 3 years and now I'm not authorized?
New Poster

POP Channel

I could not view one of the programs I like to watch, its POP on channel 100 ?? Can someone please tell me why?

New Poster

Re: POP Channel

I want my tv shows bak on. I paid for it like my METV, This TV Grit, MyTv shows too. It's not woeking why?

Frequent Visitor

Missing POP Tv today

I am missing the channel 100 POP Tv as of today.  Just reading through this thread and this is the first I have heard of any channel lineup changes happening with my service.  We have digital prefered with one cable box and two digital adapters.  POP channel 100 disappeared today.  If I am reading this thread correctly I may even be loosing CMT after today!?  If we lose CMT too we will defintely be downgrading/cancelling our service with Comcast.

Regular Contributor

Re: Missing POP Tv today

atatheaternearu wrote:

I am missing the channel 100 POP Tv as of today.  Just reading through this thread and this is the first I have heard of any channel lineup changes happening with my service.  We have digital prefered with one cable box and two digital adapters.  POP channel 100 disappeared today.  If I am reading this thread correctly I may even be loosing CMT after today!?  If we lose CMT too we will defintely be downgrading/cancelling our service with Comcast.

I still have Pop, but I have a higher tier. CMT was moved to a Sports package I've heard is another $10 a month.

New Poster

This is BS, it seem you now have to upgrade and pay more money inorder to get the channels you lost with no warning.  I have been paying comcast a lot of  money each and everymonth for years, and now I lose channels I have had for year unless I pay more.

So are you trying to bully more money out of me. Sounds like its time to use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop and go to Direct TV,Dish, or back to annalog. I guess I will have to spread the word on social media with all my friends which are coast to coast and request them to share with their friends. This is BS, treating loyal customers this way.

Why not give loyal customers a free upgrade and keep your customers happy without taking chaneels away unless they pay more money.  I have had problems with comcast, but have stuck by them, even with the issues, but this is just another slap in the face and slap in the face to all your loyal customers.  No wander people are going to dish, direct TV or back to annalog.

So would someone from Comcast like to answer this please ?

New Poster

I'm so irritated over this! Not only did I not know I was losing CMT, BUT what really gets me is that when I called customer service I waited on hold for 20minutes for the rep to tell me that she didn't know why I was getting a message about not having CMT because "it's a free channel" come on Comcast! Educate your staff!

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately this is so true.  I can ask the same questions to a comcast employee on the forum, on the phone, and at the comcast customer service center in person and I receive 3 different answers.  I can understand though.  There are too many levels of service, extra charges, fees, taxes, promotions conficting with other promotions, etc.  The customers are confused and the employees seem to be just as confused.

New Poster

What happened to the POP Channel (1/14/16)

Let me know. All of a sudden gone.

New Poster

WHAT HAPPENED TO POP ON SECONDARY TV'S

Just got hooked up and 2 days later cmt is gone and pop only works on main tv wHATS UP?

New Poster

not autorized

I am now getting a "not authorized" notice when I go to the CMT channel.  We have always gotten it, why now are we not authorized?

New Poster

Re: loss of channels

yep here we go good move comcast ,screwd up my bill,now screwd up channels..............................

New Poster

All they want is more $$$$$$

New Poster

adding a channel

I attempted to view a show on CMT, channel 56, and got a message to go to xfinity.com and add this to my channel lineup. I was watching this channel a few days ago with no problem. Can you please help me?

New Poster

Re: What happened to the POP Channel (1/14/16)

yes new tier more money just great!!!!

New Poster

why is spike tv now unavailable

why is spike tv now unavailable

New Poster

losing spike as part of the basic package is absolutely ridiculous.  soon there will be nothing included in the basic package to watch.  might as well give up tv all together.  I've never been able to get on demand either.

this is outrageous

Gold Problem Solver

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO POP ON SECONDARY TV'S

In most areas POP was moved to the Digital Preferred tier, and CMT, somewhat oddly, to the Sports Entertainment Package. In most cases you'll only be able to view Preferred and SEP channels on a full cable box or a DVR, not on a DTA digital adapter. See http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

New Poster

Re: adding a channel

I also would like to know how to add channels to my lineup.

Frequent Visitor

When channels are placed in a higher cost package, I wish comcast would replace them with others or lower my bill because I am now getting less and paying the same or higher.  How about giving me back TCM and TruTV, one of these days I will wake up and find that I am paying cable prices for only local channels.  

New Poster

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/15

OMG! This action by Comcast smells of something horribly wrong with ethical standards in this country, It's pure greed! Are our elected officials going to let this industry run amok?

New Poster

Missing channel

I am so unhappy with Comcast/Xfinity. I have been a long time customer. I get my bill yesterday the Amount due went up. And today getting ready to watch a program on TV ( POP Ch.111 ) . That I been watching for years. Today I no longer have this station. Without any notice you guys take the station away from me. It seems like every 6 months the amount goes up. And channels disappear.  This is totally ridiculous. You guys do not care about your customers. And probably dont even care about this letter.

Frustrated and Unhappy customer

New Poster

POP Channel 4 unaccessible

1. There is no immediate contact support now option?

2.  I have basic cable.  Where the heck is channel 4 (POP)? I cannot even get it on my tv(s) 

What is going on?

New Poster

This is crazy!!! Comcast already has less HD channels that other services. Not to mention the plans go up every year at the very least. Comcast you should leave the channels alone. This is your best bet and fastest way to lose customers. And NO - your "If you like... Watch ... On .... Channel" ideas are even more ridiculous. Do you not think that if we liked those programs we would be watching them already?? But yet we apparently like the programs on the channels you decided in your corporate take over type way to get rid of!! Move them back or lose lots of customers. This is very bad for your business!!
Tags (1)
New Poster

channel changes

recently noticed i no longer have spike tv, but can watch it on demand can i get this channel back ? 

New Poster

Comcast is just plain worthless.

You pay for a package and they slowly strip all the channels from it so all your left with is junk and they do it so you will pay even more money for other packages that have 99% of garbage you would never watch anyway.

Keep going ComCast jerks and you will run everyone off so you won't have any customers.

I don't watch home shopping networks or sports and I absolutly wont watch non english speaking channels so all you have left from the basic package is maybe 15 or 20 channels you might watch.

Time to dump comcast and just use netflicks and or hulu.

New Poster

Cable Tv

What happening to Pop Channel- 74, as it now not authorized.  I been using for two years.   Please put it back 

New Poster

I'm disappointed that you can't figure out how to get Spike on my dta. Please figure this stuff out. If I'm still aggravated by this Ina day or two we are substantially reducing our package. We subscribe to our very expensive package for convenience and this is not convenient.  Cutting the cord is looking a little better today. 

Regular Visitor

cmt channel

Cmt channel.  What happened to that channel. I watched it the other night and now I it shows a not authorized notice. Why?

New Poster

Cessation of channel 45.

TV shows sign of not authorized when tunning on channel 45 from few days ago. I watched that channel since I contracted with comcast .I'ii appreaciate if you solve this matter soon. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Missing POP Tv today

I thought it was just a mistake that the Pop channel is missing from my lineup, but I see it was not. So disappointed. Also my bill went up too. Would like a reason why the increase. Pretty soon, I will stop using xfinity all together. I have it all internet, TV, phone and Home Security. It cost me a pretty penny, but my home was broken into when We were on vacation, and they pretty much stole anything and everything from us, even toilet paper. So getting home security gives us some peace of mind, if and when We do leave the House. I just would like reasons for increasing my bill  that's all, and also taking channels away without letting us know ahead of time. Not happy about that either.

Paul Sullivan

New Poster

CMTHD

Give us CMT back and get rid of the Spanish channels! I am really getting tired of your poor customer service and box rental fees!

New Poster

spike tv

we havr had comcastv for ever now they removed spike no notice and want more money hold it hostage time to find new service lets go viral comcast reputation lives on

Regular Visitor

Amen.

It used to be that most businesses went by a very simple creed:

Present a needed/wanted product on the market

Charge a fair market price for it

Do everything possible to keep the customers and draw in more with good products and customer service..

The profits may have been slightly less at the time, but the long term gains would be solid.

Companies like Comcast and most of the major airlines now have a new motto.

Make more today than yesterday, then make more tomorrow than today-If we lose some of the stupid customers so be it. We'll get more of them somehow.Very short term mentality.

I am trying out the analog antenna on my TV and it looks good. Even more channels than basic cable.

Good bye to Comcast TV and Internet.

New Poster

Really Comcast....

No notice given that we were losing Spike and CMT!! Bring this back to Digital Starter!!

Why is it that your subscribers are FORCED to pay for all the channels that should be included under basic cable? (and are available as basic cable via ALL the other cable companies in the country). 

We have never been so unhappy with a cable company, there are definatley some back room, greedy shananigans going on with this company. IF we had another choice for cable we would drop Comcast in a heartbeat, truely the worst cable company around.

And why is a Music channel now in a Sports Package?

Frequent Visitor

How on earth is CMT a Sports Channel, Really? Will I see a lower bill due ot less channels now as you want me to pay an additional $ 15 for HBO? you guys are  becoming way to greedy. I think we are the only ones still with Comcast/xfinity on our street, I guess its time to start shopping around after 30 years. Wake up, its about custome service!

New Poster

Lost POP network

Pop network was removed from my TV package. If I do not get it back I am going to switch to Verizon. I donot wish to pay more for another package. 

New Poster

I POP is not added back to my service I will switch to Verizon!

New Poster

Very upset about losing POP channel from my digital starter package. Comcast continues to take channels away that have shows I like to watch. We already lost CMT, now its Spike and POP. Please bring these channels back to the digital starter package because I cannot and will not move up to the preferred package, which I cannot afford to add service!

Tags (2)
Contributor

Hi, after reading all of these post I would say again to send an email to Comcast, ecare@comcast.com so there is something on record to show your upset about this otherwise we are just venting to each other. This may not make a difference but it can't hurt either.

New Poster

I tried to get help and CMT back with out paying fro many channel;s I  want. representative blamed CMT & Spike for the change. As I research the change I fount it to be totally a Comcast choice to get more money.

Contributor

Just one more reason to cut the cord! 

Greedy Comcast wants you to pay more money to upgrade to see these channels. 

New Poster

Channel CMT removed

I have the digital preferred pkg and have lost channel 146 which is CMT.  It is now moved to the sports pkg.   Why?????  I hardly ever see sports on this channel and watch it regularly almost everyday.  Please put this channel back and let the sports people pay more because we all pay enough!!  This is a stupid move and I'm not the only one unhappy about this particular change.

This is why so many people are dropping comcast/xfinity.  I always defend you and now I'm starting to wonder why.

Regular Visitor

Well the time has come. I'm really sick of paying more and more money for more and more "paid programming". I can assure you that with this latest change a cord cutting is in order. Comcast will soon be a bill that I no longer have to worry about.

Contributor

GOUGING has become the way of today's business in America and Comcast is a master of it!!! Comcast might there be anything else we could sacrifice for the profits of the company just let us victims know!!!! You take something we already purchased and tell us if we want it back we will have to pay for it again!!!! Now is this fair? We should get that amount deducted from our existing bills.

This really bothers me as it should.... so dam unfair!!!!!

JayInAlg wrote:

All Spike / CMT / POP posts for the tier change of 1/7/16 or 1/14/16 depending on area posted here.

See this post for more details, specific locations and dates.  http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

On most systems, if you subscribe to the proper tier, these channels will not be available on DTA digital adapters.

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 4.58.30 PM.png

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

New Poster

After doing some research into this, here is what I've found regarding the recent channel change.

Cost to increase to Digital Preferred -$9.99

Sports Package - $9.95

Digital Box - $10.00 a piece

Digital Converter (small black box) - $2.99 a piece

You are only offering a 1 month promo to exsisting customers that require an upgrade and after that they are on the hook for the additional cost of the Digital Preferred plus the sports package for any channels that are now only available in that line up (CMT) and on top of that an upgrade in equipment is required to the more expensive box since the channels have also been removed from the converters even if a customer already has the Digital Preferred tier or upgrades to that.

Why the need to remove them from the converter boxes? They are fully capable and compatible with the channels.  Besides, it used to be that 2 per house hold were included free of cost.  Also there is nothing in writing stating the fact an upgrade in equipment is required.  Had to find out myself last night when I turned the t.v. on and in the original post of this forum.  Someone from corporate please contact me so we can discuss this because these "changes" are not ethical by any means.

Contributor

I did! For what its worth. Comcast zucks!!!!

john991 wrote:

Hi, after reading all of these post I would say again to send an email to Comcast, ecare@comcast.com so there is something on record to show your upset about this otherwise we are just venting to each other. This may not make a difference but it can't hurt either.

New Poster

CMT

What happened to CMT? I've had it as part of my TV pkg for almost 2 years and now its gone.