members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 151 of 826 (4,509 Views)

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/15

Post removed for circumventing the language filters, violating the Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 152 of 826 (4,621 Views)

changing up the channels

I wanna know why comcast changed up all the channels and now want me to pay for CMTHD, they put it with a sport package and it has nothing to do with sports...they just monopolize cable in my area so it's only one we can get!!  I Hate comcast!! and can't wait for my 2 years to be up...and I"m sick of hearing how sorry they are... sorry but your screwed...thats what they should be saying as they laugh...

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 153 of 826 (4,276 Views)

Re: Channel 16,why isn't it on?

It would help if you posted what channel 16 is and what error code or message your getting.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 154 of 826 (4,586 Views)

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/16

I have the Digital Preferred HD. I also called and was only offered an upgrade for $4.99 a month. No apology, nothing. Nope! I will NOT upgrade anymore. The prices are ridiculous as it is. However, I was asked if they could call me so I could answer some questions and I said yes. I'm glad I did as one question was "on a scale from 0 to 10, 10 being the highest, how likely are you to recommend Comcast to friends and family?" Don't think I need to tell you they got a very quick "0."
Posted by
Contributor

Message 155 of 826 (4,882 Views)

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread tier change 1/7/16

Hello,

I am sure you all realize by now this a place to vent and no one from upper mgt. ever reads these posts, everyone should at least send an email to ecare@comcast.com so there is something on file because emails last forever and these post are for solving issues not complaints. As far as contacting the FCC I looked at the website and it says they don't have anything to do with tier issues only basic service issues so Comcast knows what they are doing and how to avoid complaints to the FCC not saying you can't file just saying they will probably respond with a form letter saying contact someone local or Comcast directly so if everyone sends an email to Comcast also maybe something good will happen (HA HA)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 156 of 826 (4,862 Views)

Change Channel Lineup without notification

I lost CMT HD two days ago called in to find out why. I was told that they removed this from the Digital prefered and added to the sports lineup. Oh and that will cost you another 4.98 a month. Not that CMT is that inportant but a notification would have saved me time from the phone call. Anyone else?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 157 of 826 (4,925 Views)

Re: Change Channel Lineup without notification

meyerdg59 wrote:

I lost CMT HD two days ago called in to find out why. I was told that they removed this from the Digital prefered and added to the sports lineup. Oh and that will cost you another 4.98 a month. Not that CMT is that inportant but a notification would have saved me time from the phone call. Anyone else?

Things are always changing. It happens with all companies. Next year, it looks like we'll

be losing CH 7 (Pete Bouchard is now on NECN doing the weather...he must have seen

the writing on the wall...)

Posted by
Visitor

Message 158 of 826 (4,896 Views)

Subscribed to channel but says I need a subscription

I am subscribed to spike TV but when I turn it there it says I need a subscription?

what do I need to do?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 159 of 826 (4,898 Views)

Country Music Channel - CMT

Why would Comcast Remove CMT from the channel line -up? I did notice an increase in charges for basic cable; most respected companies improve service with price increases. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 160 of 826 (4,897 Views)

CMT

Why does CMT (620, 51) now say I need to subscribe? I've been watching that channel for over a year, now all of a sudden, I need a subscription?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 161 of 826 (4,894 Views)

Re: Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

So, if I change the agreements on "our" agreement with Comcast, they'll charge me a fee. They can change the lineup of our programming, and I don't get a refund for the change? I'm no longer getting what I'm paying for; have been paying for since the two year agreement started. I"ll expect to see a refund for a loss of product on my next bill.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 162 of 826 (4,884 Views)

For those saying you were never told about the changes: READ YOUR FULL BILL! If you e-bill, you can view it online. Channel changes are usually in there a month or more ahead of time.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 163 of 826 (4,786 Views)

Why don't we have Pop channel on anytime?

Why don't we have Pops (channel 3) anymore?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 164 of 826 (4,860 Views)

I am really getting tired of losing channels, might I add ones I watch on a regular basis, that I am clearly paying for.   When I signed up for my package, I signed up according to what my interests were and what was offered by your company.  Now you take channels away, yet you aren't adjusting my bill for these lack of channels.  You still expect  to charge me the same amount for less options, or charge me more to get back what I was already paying for.   Highway robbery!   I will be looking for other options but they will be outside your scams.   Normal business practice that would make package changes like you guys are doing would only do so with new customers and allow existing customers to continue with the service they expect for the money they are paying.  I for one am VERY dissatisfied at this time.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 165 of 826 (4,774 Views)

Re: Why don't we have Pop channel on anytime?

rosie7095 wrote:

Why don't we have Pops (channel 3) anymore?

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 166 of 826 (4,861 Views)

Re: loss of channels

i also lost the spike channel and it was one of my favorite channels. i talked to 3 people at comcast so far and nothing is being done. it seems to me that existing customers that already have that channel should be grandfathered in. when you make an agreement with a company they should stick to it. what is next i wonder. this is very bad business to be sure. they want to charge me $9.99 for a channel i have had seen i started with comcast. i assume that customer serviice is no longer a priority.

mrhaney1a

Posted by
Visitor

Message 167 of 826 (4,768 Views)

pop channel

I called comcast to ask why we are not getting pop channel after alot of frustration someone is coming tomorrow!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 168 of 826 (4,781 Views)

Re: loss of channels

Funny how Comcast can take things off that they advertise when you purchase their packages yet you try and get off your 2 yr contract and watch what happens.Comcast IMHO is nothing more than a crooked cable company that pays off the politicians so Comcast can ripoff it's customer. They want to save themselves money while stealing yours and than trying to get you to pay DOUBLE for something that even while you don't have it anymore NOTHING will change with the amount you continue to pay.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 169 of 826 (4,825 Views)

channel not showing

Channel 146 CMT is being blocked as of yesterday why??
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 170 of 826 (4,818 Views)

once again!

Once again, comcast does it!  Last month, I enrolled in the 2 year deal with comcast getting certain channels.  Now, I'm informed that I will not be getting the pop channel,  I don't think that is fair or right since I got the deal that stated I will be getting that channel.  Have you ever heard of the grandfather clause?  Anyone interested in comcast....beware!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 171 of 826 (4,822 Views)

mad!!

What are you not making enough money?! You took my favorite channel off my digital preferred for what reason. When is enough money enough??? Definitely looking to go elsewhere!!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 172 of 826 (4,809 Views)

Extremely unhappy with Comcast /Xfinity...maybe I need to look into discontinuing business! No prior warning that a change was going to be made and had been watching CMT this afternoon and low and behold at 4:57pm it froze and said not autorized...REALLY? Well I tell ya what DISH or Direct TV looking better everyday!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 173 of 826 (4,802 Views)

Re: CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTIONS

John3758 wrote:

CHANNEL Change: Beginning January 14, 2016: CMT and CMT HD will move from Digital Preferred to Sports Entertainment Package; POP will move from Limited Basic to Digital Preferred; Spike TV and Spike TV HD will move from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred and will no longer be available on XFINITY TV 300 Latino and XFINITY TV 450 Latino; and PCN will be added to Limited Basic.

This was on my November bill. The dates may vary by area, so this would be for Pittsburgh, PA.

Hmm....CMT moving to another package I'm pretty sure I don't have. Interesting. I agreed to another 1 or 2 year long contract. Unless they snuck some fine print into the contract I'm not aware of letting them take away service I've contracted to receive, if I see that channel not available tomorrow, I'll consider that contract in breach and start looking at what my options are. My local phone company has been sending a lot of fantastic phone and Internet offers, even bundling with satellite and my DirecTV dish is still on my roof.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 174 of 826 (4,782 Views)

Spike Network

So I guess our 2 year contract is now void?  We also lost Tru network about 2 years ago.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 175 of 826 (4,761 Views)

Re: Spike Network

from the Agreement page:

"We may change our prices, fees, the Service(s) and/or the terms and conditions of this Agreement in the future. Unless this Agreement or applicable law specifies otherwise, we will give you thirty (30) days prior notice of any significant change to this Agreement. If you find the change unacceptable, you have the right to cancel your Service(s)."

Keep this in mind when considering a change of service providers.

I feel a number of people have made a valid point - if you can add a single channel for a price, you should receive a credit for that channel while under contract when it's taken away.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 176 of 826 (4,733 Views)

Channel 177 Pop

Have been watching "Days of our Lives" on Pop Channel 177 @ 7PM.  Not able to access channel tonight.  Have you removed access to that channel from my TV?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 177 of 826 (4,709 Views)

Re: Channel 177 Pop

Sorry but Yes.

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 178 of 826 (4,725 Views)

CMT

Dear sirs,
I cannot for the life of me believe you moved CMT to a sports channel package.  Well yes I can your company is after'the all mighty
nickel.  To move it is one of the shadiest deals I have ever seen.
I am really fed up with your poor customer service, poor channel lineup, and poor associates that one gets to talk to when inquiring
about a product.  I really feel sorry for them to have to give the BS answers your require them to give your customers.  

I have been with Comcast for a long time and am just waiting for the day when I can get the T1 line installed. and go with U-verse or
any other company that gives me the option.

Sincerely 
David Gann
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 179 of 826 (4,747 Views)

Re: TV channel

It's been added to a different package and you will have to pay more to get it.  It's in the Sports package of all places.

How about that for some corprate BS

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 180 of 826 (4,747 Views)

Re: CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTIONS

When Comcast figured out a way to screw you without having to kiss you

Posted by
Visitor

Message 181 of 826 (4,727 Views)

Where is the reduction in my bill when you decide to remove these channels. Very disappointed.  I will consider other options as my contract is almost up.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 182 of 826 (4,723 Views)

Why not notify sooner?  I record from POP in the evening.  Not Good

Posted by
Visitor

Message 183 of 826 (4,632 Views)

cmt

we previously got CMT on channel 81 now we only we get CMTM on ch 145. Is CMT now premium or is it off therost er?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 184 of 826 (4,723 Views)

Not right!  I'm sort of new and this isn't good!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 185 of 826 (4,708 Views)

CMTHD

TODAY I WANTED TO WATCH CHANNEL 883 (CMTHD). I'M GETTING A MESSAGE THAT I AM NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS CHANNEL. WHAT HAPPENED? I'VE NEVER FACED THIS PROBLEM UNTIL TODAY.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 186 of 826 (4,708 Views)

FredFlintstone1 wrote:

from the Agreement page:

"We may change our prices, fees, the Service(s) and/or the terms and conditions of this Agreement in the future. Unless this Agreement or applicable law specifies otherwise, we will give you thirty (30) days prior notice of any significant change to this Agreement. If you find the change unacceptable, you have the right to cancel your Service(s)."

Keep this in mind when considering a change of service providers.

I feel a number of people have made a valid point - if you can add a single channel for a price, you should receive a credit for that channel while under contract when it's taken away.

CMT is gone, on screen message tells me it's free with subscription.

I checked my last 3 months of bills, no notification CMT was being moved to another package.

I'll be calling shortly, I've already decided what I'm dropping.

I may have to pay extra for CMT, but I'll be dropping more the cost of the extra charge.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 187 of 826 (4,704 Views)

You took away CMT (Country Music Television)! And added it to a Sports Package? Now I can't watch Reba reruns without paying you greedy people more money. Shame on you! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 188 of 826 (4,703 Views)

Re: Today CMT is not working on my basic cable. Any ideas why?

Yeah, they moved a music/sitcom channel to a Sports package that costs $10 a month.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 189 of 826 (4,694 Views)

MonyaGB wrote:

Yeah, they moved a music/sitcom channel to a Sports package that costs $10 a month.

Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge and Redneck Island are sports based, so I'm guessing they use them as an excuse to gouge us...again.

I just discovered something else, CMT always advertises that you can watch their shows online. Turns out you need to sign in to your cable provider to watch. Xfinity is not one of the choices. Surprise, surprise.

I realized I only watch 2 shows on CMT, the ones I mentioned above. They are not must watch shows. I won't miss them. But, in looking at my bill, I did find $40 worth of things I can drop that aren't part of my contract, which to me technically is in breach anyway because I wasn't notified 30 days in advance on my bill or anywhere else I was going to be forced to pay extra to watch what I was contracted to receive. So, Comcast can keep CMT and I'll keep my $40.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 190 of 826 (4,672 Views)

I signed my new two year contract on 11/23/2015, after I had been a Comcast customer for Triple Play over the past 5+ years.  On 11/23/2015, I reduced my services to Basic Cable and Internet only, as I desperately needed to lower household expenses. I was not told, at that late date of 11/23/2015, the plans to discontinue those channels.  How is that fair sales practice?  This seems to be Comcast's way of doing business as this is not the first time I have found them to deceive and not provide service as promised.  As one contributor to the forum wrote, we must pay 5-10 more for extra channels but we are not reimbursed for the channels we lost.  I am locked into a promise I MADE but Comcast MADE A PROMISE in its contract with me.  I think my contract has been broken by Comcast.  Does anyone else feel their contract has been broken?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 191 of 826 (4,670 Views)

Ditto reply to this forum! I signed my new two year contract on 11/23/2015, after I had been a Comcast customer for Triple Play over the past 5+ years.  On 11/23/2015, I reduced my services to Basic Cable and Internet only, as I desperately needed to lower household expenses. I was not told, at that late date of 11/23/2015, the plans to discontinue those channels.  How is that fair sales practice?  This seems to be Comcast's way of doing business as this is not the first time I have found them to deceive and not provide service as promised.  As one contributor to the forum wrote, we must pay 5-10 more for extra channels but we are not reimbursed for the channels we lost.  I am locked into a promise I MADE but Comcast MADE A PROMISE in its contract with me.  I think my contract has been broken by Comcast.  Does anyone else feel their contract has been broken?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 192 of 826 (4,671 Views)

Re: TV channel

My two year contract for Basic Cable and Internet was signed 11/23/2015.  No notice from sales rep that the channels would be dropped January 13, 2016, less than two months after the ball and chain of a two year contract. What must I do if I can't pay more for what I was supposed to have included in my package?  How is this fair to a lady almost 70 years old or anyone???

Posted by
Contributor

Message 193 of 826 (4,661 Views)

Re: once again!

Ditto here! I signed a two year contract 11/23/2015, was not told the channels would be removed from the listing within a couple of months.  This is an outrage.  I am almost 70 years old and my Basic Cable/Internet Double Play are a true luxury.  Anyone on a fixed income can't pay the extra amount for the next package.  How lousy for this corporation to stoop to what amounts as pure deception and thievery from those who can least afford it.  Comcast makes millions doing this if each affected household pays the increased price when they must upgrade to get what they were promised at the onset.  This is not okay!!

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-14-2016 12:27 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 194 of 826 (4,661 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just talked to the "Loyalty" department. Notification of the CMT change was on the November bill, buried at the bottom of the bill, not on the top under "News from Comcast", where you would expect to see "News from Comcast" and where there was a notice that a local government channel was going to a digital channel.

The "Loyalty" rep's solution to the CMT problem is to give me the Sports package free.......for 2 months and "Upper Management" will review the situation, read: do nothing about it. He also feels they do not have to adjust our bills for the loss of any channels we may lose to moving them to other packages.

BTW, he also said I was the first person calling about the CMT/Spike changes. Hah...to him maybe.

In the end, I dropped $22 in services and will be moving a second phone line either back to my local phone company or to a VoIP service I get an 800 business number from that will drop my monthly cost of that line from $24.45 with Comcast a month to $7.50 a month with no decrease in call quality. Then, this summer when my current contract is over, I'll look at switching all my services back to my local phone company and previous satellite provider. It may not mean anything to Comcast, but at least I'm doing something about it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 195 of 826 (4,654 Views)

Hint to anyone thinking of using Comcast Xfinity.  I bought one of the $10 antennas for use with an extra new small flatscreen TV used for grandchildren.  I get more channels with the antenna than I did/do with Comcast Basic Cable.  Wish I had bought the antenna before I signed up for two years with this thieving company!!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 196 of 826 (4,643 Views)

dejs wrote:

Ditto here! I signed a two year contract 11/23/2015, was not told the channels would be removed from the listing within a couple of months.  This is an outrage.  I am almost 70 years old and my Basic Cable/Internet Double Play are a true luxury.  Anyone on a fixed income can't pay the extra amount for the next package.  How lousy for this corporation to stoop to what amounts as pure deception and thievery from those who can least afford it.  Comcast makes millions doing this if each affected household pays the increased price when they must upgrade to get what they were promised at the onset.  This is not okay!!

Call Comcast and ask to talk to their Loyalty Department, tell them what you told us and complain. In fact, everyone should call and complain about the change. $10 a month extra to just to watch 1 basic cable channel is over the top greed.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 197 of 826 (4,628 Views)

I tried unsuccessfully to do online chat because I hate their sales pitches and worthless info re: survey at the end taking up my limited and valuable cell minutes while I try to get a human to help. Being a senior, I have a cell with limited minutes and have been on perpetual hold with Comcast in the past.  If I must buy extra minutes to resolve this issue, I will, I guess.  They are gonna get me to pay, one way or the other!  Gamble is I will die before the two year contract is up.  LOL!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 198 of 826 (4,575 Views)

I think this is the last straw for me. If they take away a channel, they should reduce my monthly bill to reflect the loss. I'm going to look into other options now because of this constant fraud (that's exactly what it is when you sign a contract for a specific implied service and it changes without all parties consent). I think I may switch to internet tv watching and I guarentee, I won't be shopping for Comcast internet.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 199 of 826 (4,259 Views)

Pay extra for CMT??

I was informed today that in order to watch CMT i have to upgrade or get the sports package! CMT has always been included in every and all cable packages! Why is CMT now an extra when MTV, FUSE, VH1,BET, etc all are still free?? The sports package is $4.95 FOR 6 MONTHS $10 after that. I will not pay $5-10 for a package for 1 station! I am not into sports and majority of the channels in this package are ESPN or some other sport channels. This just makes no sense! I have been on the phone for 50 minutes now trying to get to a superviser to give my opinion....without customers companies like this wouldnt exist so i feel customer feedback is important especially in this case. I have never been so angry and confused at/by a provider before!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 200 of 826 (4,250 Views)

Re: Pay extra for CMT??

So, this morning I get a sad look from my girlfriend as she explains that her Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders show is not available anymore. I tell her "It's channel 61 babe, CMT". She then explains that the whole channel will not come in anymore and we need to get an added service. I started to tell her that CMT has always been a part of the basic cable package, we have always had it. So here I am now, finding out that I have to pay for one channel, a channel that 1) has always been a part of the package 2) has very few programs I am really that interested in 3) was never explained to me that I was going to lose it at a certain point. I really wish Comcast would communicate with its customers better. letting me know of service changes before they happen. And I know that the loss of this channel will not result in a drop of my monthly bill. You know, I can't even find a page on their site that will even tell me exactly what channels I do have as a part of my plan. Comcast really needs to step it up if they want to keep my business.