Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 101 of 835

I don't have CMT, 57, 95 anymore. why?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 102 of 835

Why would you take CMT network and put it on a sports package just to get more money greed greed you bite 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 103 of 835

I consider this breach of contract by Comcast . I have signed a two year agreement for a predetermined service package , during that two year period , I should continue to have the services that was agreed to when the contract was signed . If I was to cancel my service or stop paying , Comcast would be claiming breach of contract on my part . I guess we are playing the game using Comcast's ball and on their field so they can change the rules right in the middle of the game . Perhaps all of the Comcast CUSTOMERS should band together and start a class action lawsuit against Comcast !! 

Signed ,

SCREWED AGAIN 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 104 of 835
Posted by
New Poster

Message 105 of 835

comcast i want out too if u can break the contract i can too i signed on for those chanels so deduct the money from my bill direct tv is looking better an better

Posted by
New Poster

Message 106 of 835

i can get direct tv for less an more chanels comcast customer for ten yrs plus this how comcast treats there customers  i will be out of comcast by the end of feb seya

Posted by
New Poster

Message 107 of 835

It is sad that comcast continues to screw the consumer and gets away with it.  If they reduce the number of channels they provide in a package why not reduce the cost. If I ask for more channels they would charge me more. It's simple math. For what they are now charging it does make more sense to switch providers as the quality of service and picture quality overall does not merit continuing with Comcast.

GT

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 108 of 835

I recommend you find your contract and carefully read it. I'd guarantee there is so much mouseprint in it that frees them from most anything, including changing the channels included in your package.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 109 of 835

Hello,

I sent an email to comcast expressing my dis-pleasure with the way this was done (ecare@comcast.com) and they said sorry and offered the package upgrade for a reduced price for 12 months but it is still an increase and probably a full on breach of contract but that would be for lawyers and what would we get but a long drawnout lawsuit and a lawyer gets rich. If enough people really complain something might happen but as I said before no one really cares.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 110 of 835

Just read the other post about the contract and I am sure that it is correct that buried somewhere in there is fine print but let's be honest if that is true and they make a change in the contract legally shouldn't that void the other aspects of the contract? I am not sure if this is true see my other response about involving lawyers, but this is how class action suits start.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 111 of 835

If a contract says they can change things, then they can.

Also, you can't start a class action. By continuing to be a Comcast customer, you have agreed to Binding Arbitration.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 112 of 835

The other day I went to watch my CMT channel and stated it was no longer on. I pay for the channel and I sure would like to have it, if it is no longer available then I should have my bill reduce.

WHY DO I NO LONGER HAVE IT?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 113 of 835

I'm on the phone now with Comcast, they are telling me that they just moved CMT to Sports Entertainment. Really? I received a flyer on December 14 that states CMT is included in the HD Digital Preferred.  I can buy the Sports channe lfor $4.99 a month.  My bill is too high already.

I'm switching. I'm done with Comcast!

BRING BACK CMT, Comcast, your losing customers.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 114 of 835
Posted by
New Poster

Message 115 of 835

Is there a consumer advocacy group that can help?  Atlanta Fox 5 On Your Side should be getting some calls.  Unless Comcast is going to reimburse us for loss of channels, this seems like a breach of contract.  This is what happens when you have no competition.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 116 of 835

I would like to know why Spike and Pop were suddenly cut from programming and WHY customers couldn't have been told?? Does xfinity have a way to customize programming yet whereas customers can CHOOSE thier channels and not have to pay for things we dont want??  Certainly not putting customers needs ahead. My bill already changes every single month and never the same twice--been a customer since Aug 2015!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 117 of 835

Just submitted my question via comcast chat as to how they can take away channels when I signed a 2-year agreement.  I'm also wondering if they will reimburse me for the channels they took away.  Wait time for comcast chat... "Approximately 15 minutes".  This is hilarious, even their chat makes you wait on hold.  

Oh sure they care about customer service, there is a 1-800 number and a chat option to get in touch with them.  Good luck finding someone to talk to.  Even better luck when you find someone to talk to that can actually solve your probelm.  Any attempts by Comcast to improve customer service are a ruse.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 835

I am really upset with this business I was promised once price at intial sign up and now I'm paying out of my intial range!! didn't add anything to my package and now your saying opps you no longer have access to Spike/CMT/POP!!  Well that's what 3 chns less so do I get a discount because you changed my package??? You sure want to charge me more if I want another channel...There should be some kind of law that prevents big companies from stealing from the people!!  I'm going to post this exact msg on my face book to see if I can get some support!! I should be able to break my contract too!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 119 of 835

If I had a dollar for every single time Comcast has screwed their customers over, not only would I have retired but I would have bought this scum of a company, burned it to the ground & posted the video online for everybody's viewing pleasure.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 120 of 835

We need to all report this to the FCC! 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 121 of 835

This needs to be reported to the FCC. This is BS!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 122 of 835

I lost Spike TV, and my bill went up $5! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 123 of 835

I have preferred digital and recently losy cmt channel,anyone know why?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 835

BOOOOOOO

JayInAlg wrote:

All Spike / CMT / POP posts for the tier change of 1/7/15 posted here.

On most systems, if you subscribe to the proper tier, these channels will not be available on DTA digital adapters.

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 4.58.30 PM.png

Posted by
New Poster

Message 125 of 835

The truth is, these forums are just rants ... they want you to vent, nothing changes, you just get to vent. It's not only manipulative, it's a cheap way to handle complaints but i liked the idea given by several people, if you take away a program ... the bill should be reduced ... otherwise, it is misrepresentation.

So, are you preparing to eliminate the starter package altogether? Is that next step, or will you just "gut it" by removing all the popular programs.  By now, your programming and big data should enable you to selectively remove channels ... are there any controls in place to prevent you doing that? 

I wonder what's next ....

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 126 of 835

paul17 wrote:

I have preferred digital and recently losy cmt channel,anyone know why?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Spike-CMT-POP-Mega-Thread-tier-change-1-7-15/t...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 127 of 835

what happened to spike tv

Posted by
New Poster

Message 128 of 835
I was able to watch the cmt channel last week and now its says it is not authorized
Posted by
New Poster

Message 129 of 835

We have CMT in our plan, but suddenly you can't watch it anymore.  It says we need to add the channel to our line-up, but we are supposed to have it in the first place.  We have dig. preferred.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 130 of 835

We too will be demanding to be let out of the contract that was agree upon in good faith.  In  my opinion, Comcast broke the contract when they raised the monthly bill and took away 2 more of my channels that I love to watch.  Direct TV is offering 200.00 to switch and that will pay early termination fee.  I will also have a lot more channels for less than I am paying now. I will never use Comcast again!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 131 of 835

Is anyone else tired of increased rates with decreased services?  Removed Spike from my package, raised my rates.  Notice of channel move until I called questioning.  I know they can change lineup without notice.  I would have felt less angry with a little notice.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 132 of 835

.  Comcast is the worst cable provider out there.  I'm leaving this corrupt company and giving my money to ATT where they don't take away channels!! 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 133 of 835

I have xfinity Digital Preferred what happened to CMT?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 134 of 835

Bad mistake Comcast........our community's contract is coming up for renewal vote.

Residents are up in arms over the "take aways" and extra charges you have been doing lately.

Spike and CMT are the last straw !

You just can't be trusted....wonder how many folks know you only supply 420 to your bulk contract accounts..then you charge extra "high defintion" rates in order for them to get the 720 and 1180.....which is the level most TV stations boadcast over the air "free" to folks with TV antennas !

Kiss the renewal of over 900 homes GOODBYE !

Posted by
New Poster

Message 135 of 835

Wonder how many customers it takes takes to get Comcast's attention?

This changing over of Spike and CMT to a "pay extra" tier has just added insult to injury in the extra charges they have come oup with over the period of the current contract.

This last change has most everyone in our commuity really ticked off.........shortly they will have lot fewer homes when our community's bulk account comes up for renewal this year. 

Maybe the loss of a $30,000 a month contract will get their attention ?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 136 of 835

I want CMT Back On Comcast. I am infuriated with Comcast always sticking it to their customers.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 137 of 835

Add me to the list of disgrunted Comcast customer.  I'm really just disappointed.

I was so excited when heard about POP TV a couple weeks ago and that TNA Wrestling would be moving to that channel and knew that POP had replaced the TV Guide channel that practically everyone had.

I got to see the TNA Impact premiere last week on POP. 
Then a few days later I check the channel and see "NOT AUTHORIZED - POP" , I am like what the heck  

My subscription plan with Comcast right now is quite decent though, so I am not going to dump them for moving POP off my Digital Starter special.  I'll just have to resort to the free alternatives like Xbox Media Center app streaming services. 

And some folks are partially right, that part of the blame is the carrier.  But in the case Comcast is just as much as carrier these days as well.  They own NBC Universal, you might want to take note of the cable networks that fall under their wing, and see how they make sure their brands are easily accessible in the standard cable bracket.

(in example: TNA Wrestling competitor is the WWE, the WWE airs it's programming on the USA Network, the USA Network is owned by NBC Universal which is owned by Comcast!)

But for those not lucky enough to smooth talk their way into getting a low cost contracted plan and you're paying the unfortunate full price now with less channels, I implore you to start looking at competitive alternatives.
AT&T... which I am still not so warm to yet (in part because I know this is not the original AT&T from 15 years ago that bought TCI and sold away it's cable/broadband internet division to Comcast before being bought buy it's baby bell SBC which then renamed themselves at&t)   , they are offering this Unlimited phone data plan if you subscribe to DirecTV, that's not a bad deal in my opinion if the price is right.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 138 of 835

As of January 9, 2016 unable to get spike tv

Posted by
New Poster

Message 139 of 835

Why was Spike channel dropped from expanded basic tv service?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 140 of 835

Have you changed your channel lineups???  Iwanted to watch Spike Channel yesterday, but got a message it was no longer availble on my current package.  (Have Digital Starter VS Digital Preferred)  What gives and I can't get the Lineup to work online either!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 141 of 835

Does anybody know why CMT is out

Posted by
New Poster

Message 142 of 835

What happened to channel16?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 143 of 835

jppatte wrote:

Does anybody know why CMT is out

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Spike-CMT-POP-Mega-Thread-tier-change-1-7-15/t...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 144 of 835

jamesbrodie8301 wrote:

Have you changed your channel lineups???  Iwanted to watch Spike Channel yesterday, but got a message it was no longer availble on my current package.  (Have Digital Starter VS Digital Preferred)  What gives and I can't get the Lineup to work online either!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 145 of 835

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 146 of 835

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 147 of 835

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 148 of 835

Why are channels disapering from my set, like 24 CMT 63 Spike and others?????

Posted by
New Poster

Message 149 of 835
Why are we missing CMT
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 150 of 835

mikeprentice wrote:

Why are channels disapering from my set, like 24 CMT 63 Spike and others?????

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.