New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 51 of 831

I am infuriated!! They have the gonads to raise the fee on some of my converters and then take channels away?? Of course, my bill doesn't reflect the channels removed. I will NOT upgrade but, what I will do is start calling to get my services elsewhere. Tired of Comcasts greed! Where is a manager or higher upper, are they reading any of these comments? I guess it doesn't matter because they obviously don't give two hoots about their long time customers and can't justify what they've just done.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 52 of 831

I was told that certain taxes went up rendering my bill just under $5.00 more than last year. Why did Comcast then remove Spike, CMT and POP from my available channels? Also, I would like to know what channels are next to be removed from my service and when.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 53 of 831

It was moved to the Sports package. Sports? CMT has NOTHING to do with sports.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 54 of 831

teresa49321 wrote:

It was moved to the Sports package. Sports? CMT has NOTHING to do with sports.

Check again, it's called Sports and Entertainment because it has both.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 55 of 831

Spike channel line up changed and made it impossible for customers to view this channel unless customers change equipment at more cost to the customer. We had signed up for a 12 month promotion for an agreed amount of channels at an agreed upon cost. Comcast expects customers to pay the same monthly subscription amount for less channels. IT STINKS! I will be looking for other suppliers.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 56 of 831

Doesn't matter. They still upped my bill and took channels away.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 57 of 831

Why does my CMT channel say not authorized as of yesterday?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 58 of 831

Have digital preferred package and just lost CMT to the Sports Entertaintment package and still pay the same rate? Not cool Comcast!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 59 of 831

Why am I missing channels as of today, 1/8/16...I pay 4 these channels...no expl. on. this

Posted by
New Poster

Message 60 of 831
Posted by
New Poster

Message 61 of 831

I'm missing Spike !!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 831

Where is channel 44 pop tv? It's no longer on my cable .  I watched soaps there every night  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 63 of 831

Beyond belief.. I want my channel  back? Why are you constantly  taking away simple channels  and not replaceing them with new ones? Either put the original channels  back ,  or lower  the bill, I'm not paying for channels  I do not get.  

Fix this immediately .....................

You comcast can't have it both ways ,  put back keep bill the same

Take them off..lower the bill  NOW

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 64 of 831

Would someone at Comcast please explain to me why CMT (Country Music Television) is now part of a sports package?  I looked back at my November and December bill and saw nothing about this change.  This is ridiculous.  I pay entirely too much for your tv and internet and you go and take away channels only to ask me to pay more.  Like others I would like to know  when my bill will go down?  You removed a channel that was too much to "give" me as part of my package, I should not have to pay for that channel.  When will I see the $4.99 decrease?

I've said it before and the more I deal with comcast....directv and at&t internet is sounding better and better.............

Posted by
New Poster

Message 65 of 831

I have digital  preferred, am not finding pop, or cMt

WHY WHY WHY  u said digital preferred had pop, I do not have  

Fix immediately

We can't get any information ,  fix....  or send me explication  by email

Now now not later not next week  NOW  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 66 of 831

I watch Spike everyday. This is rediculous. Comcast has lost a customer 

JayInAlg wrote:

All Spike / CMT / POP posts for the tier change of 1/7/15 posted here.

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 4.58.30 PM.png

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 67 of 831

Did we lose CMTHD recently? Been getting for years it seems and suddenly it's telling me I need a subscription. No change on my part. ?????

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 831

unable to receive channel 251 is this a pre channel now 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 69 of 831

Spike tv channel stopped working on one tv but still works on another tv in the same house.  All other channels seem to be ok.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 70 of 831

jcurzytek wrote:

unable to receive channel 251 is this a pre channel now 

Which network is on 251 in your area?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 71 of 831

Pop and Spike moved to the Preferred tier. It is NOT in any lower tier, so they will NOT be available on a DTA, even if you have preferred. You must have a full cable box, or a CableCard device, to watch them.

CMT moved to the "Sports and Entertainment" package.

Again, all of this is Comcast shuffling costs around due to skyrocketing carriage fees. They could add the channel back, but then everybody would complain about the even bigger price hikes than what are already happening.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 72 of 831

still unable to watch channel 251???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 73 of 831

channel 251 still inop

Posted by
Contributor

Message 74 of 831
I understand carriage disputes. What I'm concerned about is I am in a contract. I signed up for a specific amount of channels, Spike TV and POP being two that I watch and expected in my channel lineup. I should have been getting CMT but was not for some reason (that is something I will take up with Comcast). However, if channels are being removed from a tier and added to a different tier because of a carriage fee dispute, I should expect a reduction in my bill because I am not getting the full amount of channels I was promised in my contract. When you add channels, Comcast charges to add. I have seen an increase in my fees yet these apparently popular channels were removed and I have not seen a decrease in my statement. Will we see more carriage disputes in the future? Will this be continue to be s trend? How many more channels will be moved to another tier because of these disputes? When you're in a contract it is not as if you can cancel without penalty. I'm sorry, but I think this could have had a better outcome for loyal customers.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 75 of 831

I tuned in to channel 146 CMT Hot 20 Countdown and all I get is a message NOT AUTHORIZED.  When did this happen?  I watched it last Saturday.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 76 of 831

why am I no longer gettting CMT  HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 77 of 831

I watch CMT on Sat and Sun mornings only.  I am not paying for a sport package for that.  Both of my adult children have their own homes and have existed by not having cable for years.  They know how to stream, have antennas on their TVs, and have made adjustments where they have no need for cable nor their outrageous prices.  They have offered to help me detoxify from cable.  By just keeping the internet feed, I will save about $150 a month.  Who do I send the thank you note to? Xfinity or CMT?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 78 of 831

As of last night,  I am not authorized to watch SPIKE TV.  When did it become a premium channel?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 79 of 831

For the last week we have not been able to get Channel 27 or 177 POP.   The screen says not authorized.    Has it been moved somewhere else?

Thanks

Posted by
New Poster

Message 80 of 831

In addition to channel 27 saying Not Authorized.... channel 177 is saying it as well.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 81 of 831

We live in a world of monopolies...we are stuck and unfortunately Comcast knows it. Not too many of us will switch cable providers and many of us cant afford to continue to upgrade. Its sad that Comcast doesnt put their customers first. We personally pay alot of money per month for cable and internet. Comcast, please stop taking channels away from us. Fair is fair, if you take channels away then lower our bills. We have been your customer for many years and have been loyal to you. How will you show your appreciation?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 82 of 831

Why do our channels keep changing, without us making any changes to our account?

Up until approximately 2 weeks ago we always had CMT. Today it says " free w/ subscription" when we click on that channel. I noticed the same thing w/ SPIKE and Destination America... 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 83 of 831

Hello,

I see that the correct term is Sports and Entertainment Package and by that logic every channel could be under this package because isn't it all entertainment? I have to agree in all aspects that this is wrong but with no one listening then what will happen, nothing.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 84 of 831
Posted by
New Poster

Message 85 of 831
Posted by
New Poster

Message 86 of 831

So I switch from AT&T to comcast and now I am losing channels and still paying the same? What BS!!!! We are seriously thinking of going with dish or even NETFLIX.

Not a great move for Comcast if they want to keep customers, I have had my starter triple play less then 6 months. I want Spike back in my package

Posted by
New Poster

Message 87 of 831

Hopefully they change it back after all we have a contract. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 88 of 831

Why would you take away CMT & add it to a "sport package", that makes no sense at all. What does CMT have to do with sports????  I do not want any more sports channels than I already have but I do want CMT.  I already have the digital preferred package & pay too much money as it is. Please give back CMT!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 89 of 831

what happened to our pop sugar station on channel 100n it now says not authorized we are not happy losing this channel

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 90 of 831

Comcast:

I believe it is time for you to start listening to your customers.  I, at one time worked in the Cable industry and therefore I understand what goes on in the background.  I understand that you try to negotiate deals with affiliates to offer as much programming as possible, at the lowest cost.  Or at least cable used to.

I also understand that placing CMT in the Sports Entertainment package makes absolutely no sense.  As does moving Spike to Preferred.  Maybe it is time for John Taffer to pay a visit to Comcast and instruct you on how customer service works.

Please, for once, listen to your customers.  Not a single comment listed has been in favor of the actions you took.  Additionally, you have not offered any suitable justification for the move, other than to force those who absolutely want those channels to pay more money to get them.

It is unfortunate, since I have been a "pro-cable" individual for a long time.  I have defended cable television to thousands of my faithful listeners, however I can no longer do so.  Comcast has finally lost the last bit of credibility I had for them.

Your customers have a choice.  I am not a fan of dish, but may have to consider it.  OR, nothing at all.

Comcast Communication:  Over the course of the last 15 years, your company has grown from the 10 largest cable MSO to the largest, and in doing so you have lost the true meaning of customer service.  I task you to think of your customers and replace these channels to their original locations and do it before you loose more customers.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 91 of 831

do we have to pay for channel 145 on comcast

Posted by
New Poster

Message 92 of 831

I'm not receiving Spike, CMT, POP, and other channels. I was in the past. What's up? Have these been made premium channels now?

Just read the other postings re: this. They're premium channels now. I'm headed to DISH network. Bye Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 831

I have not been able to get the Pop Channel for 3 days now.  I have the Digital Starter Package and according to the list it is one of the eligible channels.  I have disconnected the adapters and tried everything I know to do.  Why can I not get this channel?  I live in the Augusta, GA area

Posted by
New Poster

Message 94 of 831

I agree with everyone.  THey just released a listing stating the line up January 1, 2016 and says CMT/Spike and Pop will be available on digital starter.  No where has there been a notice that this line up was going to change.   My bill keeps going up but channels keep going away.  Not happy.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 95 of 831

Where did 49 Spike go, it's gone, will my bill be reduced with the lose of this???

Posted by
New Poster

Message 96 of 831

what going on with my cable lost spike/cmt 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 97 of 831

What happened to my spike channel, this is a bad way to try and get you to upgrade. I have been a customer since 1985 and I am ready to pull the plug on comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 98 of 831

When I signed up with Comcast, Spike was part of my package, and now it's not, and I know why. It's all about more money, isn't it? You move channels around with hopes of forcing someone to buy additional packages. Well, i'm not going to play that game! As of Monday, I'm gonna be looking for another provider. If you are willing to do this with these channels, it's only a matter of time and there will be more!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 99 of 831

Why have I suddenly been blocked from Spike (49) after having it available before?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 100 of 831

The owners of CMT (Viacom) have announced their intention to focus on pop culture, although with a twang.  If you have watched any of the channel in the past year, you will notice that aside from their weekly countdown show and 4 hours in the wee morning. the schedule is definitely not "country music".  

Reba, Cops, The Bodyguard, Adam Sandler movies, The Jamie Foxx Show, Raising Hope, and Last Man Standing, National Lampoon movies, and Pretty Woman are decidedly not country music.

Viacom did this a couple years ago with Logo.  They re-positioned that channel to a pop culture channel, with a "flair".

Bottom line, the channels insisted on more money.  Comcast could drop them, move them to a tier and charge more only to those customers, or charge more for everyone.