members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 451 of 829

Roddy2015 wrote:

I have lost Spike, POP, and CMT too as of 01/14/16. I am researching cable and internet alternative right now but unfortunately I am under this contract for another 8 months. It looks like the contract is only binding to us customers but not to Comcast, they can freely increase price and reduce service. Whatever loophole in the laws that allows this must stop.

Maybe it's time to start contacting our local cable commissions about this one-sided agreement Comcast has made us sign in order to get their service.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 452 of 829

I absolutely agree. They also took programs that we had recorded on the DVR. I also think that if they leave it this way we should be compensated for it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 453 of 829

ryan8446 wrote:

I absolutely agree. They also took programs that we had recorded on the DVR. I also think that if they leave it this way we should be compensated for it.

They don't miss a trick, do they. Taking recordings off the DVR, that's pretty petty of them.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 454 of 829

DoveDrum2 wrote:

Six months ago I was able to access TCM but now I am being told I do not have access. My monthly billing hasn't changed so does this mean I am getting fewer options (less service) but paying more? This is the third time I have tried to get an answer. A year ago I had to resort to the FCC and the State's Attorney to get any sort of response from Comcast. I really don't want to go that rute again, but if necessary, I will. It is getting to the point that I am seriously thinking of dropping Internet, Phone, and reducing my "package" to the very basic and subscribing to sling.

In your area, TCM has been moved from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred as of Jan 19/2016

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 455 of 829

CMT has been moved to the Sports Entertainment Package!  If that's supposed to sell more packages...it won't.  Everyone I've talked to is switching to U-Verse!  It costs less for more channels! 

Posted by
Admin1

Message 456 of 829

pgator0307 -- Spike moved to the Digital Preferred Tier. You would need to subscribe to that tier to get that channel. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 457 of 829

Now why would anyone put CMT, the Country Music Channel on the sport package??? Makes no since at all!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 458 of 829

why doesn't our monthly fee drop if we are losing channels? I rarely watched CMT, but I did periodically like watching Spike and they JUST added TNA wrestling to POP from Destination America... and I didn't HAVE DA, but I had POP until this month... I can upgrade to the next teir and pay more for ONE channel, the rest that it adds are not something I would ever really watch. and POP would ONLY be once a week... not worth the extra money... and we should have to pay less for getting less, unless you added Nick jr and Disney jr to Digital Starter to replace them. I just think it is kind of dumb to change stuff up without even polling customers to see what they watch, or even looking at popularity or viewing habit data.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 459 of 829

This is how Comcast has gotten by FTC/FCC scrutiny for years!! They wait for channels to become popular then them to higher tiered levels, or now to 'add-on' status, then add the same amount (perhaps a couple more) channels that are 'diversified' and proclaim they are adding value to your plan and therefore are entitled to raise your rates. I believe CMT was one of the 'foundational' channels that has always been included with Comcast service, it is total bunk that they now want to charge customers more for it!! We have been with them for several decades and have seen our bill do nothing but increase, sure our access to channels as as wel, but they aren't channels we want or use! Now they are chipping away at those as well. Guess it really is time to make the CUT and get rid of these fat bills!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 460 of 829

Has anybody had problems with the CMT channel? We've been getting a message of 'Not Authorized. for about a week. I called to day and they sent a signal, but it did nothing to fix the problem.Any suggestions?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 461 of 829

I don't understand why I do not receive TCM anymore? I'm not overly wealthy, but I love that channel those old black & white movies really help me and my MS to relax, I just noticed the past couple days that when I click on 40 it goes to 39. Can you help me with this question? Thank you, Lisa Quick

Posted by
Visitor

Message 462 of 829

did you drop spike tv from your line up?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 463 of 829

freeportdan wrote:

Has anybody had problems with the CMT channel? We've been getting a message of 'Not Authorized. for about a week. I called to day and they sent a signal, but it did nothing to fix the problem.Any suggestions?

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 464 of 829

Was getting cable channel POP just fine, Channel 3 for my service. Now it won't come up at all on TV sets with digital converters   and get an error 'not authorized' Shows whats on but can't see it.

Very disturbing can't see soap opera repeats!!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 465 of 829

Why has CMT been removed from the programming?? I have one of the higher packages and I am really upset that I should have to pay more to get a sports package I do not want just to get CMT.  Get real and get it back where it belongs!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 466 of 829

So what you're saying is I'm paying the same for less service?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 467 of 829

2 months ago, I joined at a higher level just to get TCM. Now it's at a higher level. What's up?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 468 of 829

I am not receiving TCM on my older TV in the bedroom with the converter box.  This just happended within the past week or two.  I If I scroll through the channels it skips from 39 to 41 (skipping TCM 40).  TCM is supposed to be part of basic cable.

Please help.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 469 of 829

Okay...

What I'm hearing you say is that...YOU...Comcast can break, make adjustments, and add / subtract channels from my contract and not update, inform nor compensate me for the inconvience.  But when I ask for a specific channel, I must pay for it.  It seems like to me, those who are already with the company should be honored under a grandfather clause due to the fact that your company is changing the packages that you offer.  We faithfully pay you and continuously invest in your company blindly, and this is the gratitude that you choose to express??? Come on man?! I guess we, my family, will be making some decisions very soon about my devotion to your company once the contract ends.  How often do you do this? Inquiring minds want to know!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 470 of 829

Is the POP station off line or did comcast stop carrying it?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 471 of 829

Why all of a sudden do spike and tmc not work or not apart of my package.  Ever since I started they were part of the package I had and now they do not work as of last week

Posted by
Visitor
Message 472 of 829

When I signed up last year for a two year contract I was not told that I would lose CMT and Spike,  Now I'm suppose to pay more to get CMT.  When my contract is up I will be looking for a different provider.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 473 of 829

What happned to CMT. I watched this channel all the time and now it say I need to subscribe to it. This was in my orginal package and I feel it is part of what I signed up for and now it os no longer available.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 474 of 829

I just saw that CMT moved to the "sports entertainment package" Does this make any sense?? Why is CMT part of teh sports entertainment package and How can I get it back?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 475 of 829

What the heck does CMT have to do with Sports Package? My rate keep going up and losing channels, guess it is time to shop around for other comapnies packages. Hate to change after 45 years and have never wanted to have  dish of any kind but I guess I will have to. Thanks xfinity for ruining a good thing!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 476 of 829

I have digital perfered and I can't get TCM or spike

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 477 of 829

artillerygunner wrote:

I have digital perfered and I can't get TCM or spike

Double check your billing statement

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 478 of 829

So disappointed with the change in channel line up.  I now have three less channels but my bill remains the same.  It is a shame that Comcast does not care about their customers.  While you see that they are making money, customers reap none of the benefits especially those who have lower incomes and cannot afford the higher prices to change packages.  I really thought with some of the surveys, etc. that there might actually be changes made for the better, but as ususal, this was just a marketing ploy.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 479 of 829

Why isn't the channel "spike" working? I used to get it and it doesn't work anymore...

Posted by
Visitor
Message 480 of 829

I noticed the same thing! If I wouldn't haven't gotten FREE HBO I would only have bravo, cspan channels. You can't watch squat. I think Streampix might be limited too. Very disappointed!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 481 of 829

I subscribe to a package and I lose spike.... have to upgrade.... OK so I upgrade and then another channel gets dumped.... so I upgrade again.....where does it stop?

My bill doesn't go down I jjust get a replacemet called btv? what kind of replacement is that?

Not happy

Posted by
Visitor

Message 482 of 829
I used to be able to watch the cmt channel and all I get is subscribe to cmthd free with subscription to watch this program you'll need to add this channel to your line up please go to xfinity .com and select my account to update your service but I don't see where I can do this please help I don't want to have to call in
Posted by
Visitor
Message 483 of 829
Our service is doing well but about a week ago it stopped showing Spike tv station on our television but I can watch it on all of the mobile devises in our wifi network. How do we get Spike back?
Posted by
Visitor
Message 484 of 829

I had the same problem. Tech guy came out om 01-22-16 and told me Comcast moved TCM and SPIKE to HD-only. So you now need a cable box instead of the digital adapter box to watch it.  He said he just found out himself that morning and that the customer service people were not evening aware of it. Will cost you more money of course. I am going to look into other providers.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 485 of 829

I just signed up for Xfinity a month ago and you take away Spike from my digital starter package. I have a 2 year agreement this doesn't seem right. I will have a hard keep this service after 2 years.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 486 of 829

I was getting TCM for the past 23 years but now it says Not Authorized. Has this been taken off my list of programs available to watch?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 487 of 829

Why should we pay more money for less channels. My bill went up 60.00 this month. Don't even know why.So frustrated. Ugh

Posted by
Visitor
Message 488 of 829
How is it that Comcast can just remove a channel you are psying for?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 489 of 829

why have i lost 3 cable channels? i have had them for years, now they are gone and i still pay a higher rate, good bye comcast hello dish, at the end of this month i will be switching, as well as most of my friends i would not have known this happened until they informed me, i thought comcast wanted to be bette than direct tv guess not.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 490 of 829
I can't get CMT anymore! Very upset. Answers???
Posted by
Visitor

Message 491 of 829
I have contract with certain stations offered, CMT was removed without my permission. My next letter is to the FCC.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 492 of 829

How in the Heck can CMT be considered sports? REALLY Comcast? Quit screwing over your loyal customers. I guess it's time to make a switch to either dish or internet TV. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 493 of 829

When I went to bed last nite, I was watching CMT on channel 686.  This morning 1/24/16, it says that we are not authorized for CMT.  I tried both channel 61 and 686.  What gives?  Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 494 of 829

Just found out that the channel CMT is now in the sports challenge package. I for one am not a very happy person on this. I have had Comcast for many years and had CMT for all them years. I only watch CMT on weekends for the music videos in the morning and I do not watch sports. Now you tell me how Music videos are sports related and how Comcast can take channels away and still charge you the same per month but start charging you for a channel you have gotten on your present package for years. I for one am not very happy with the way they want to screw thier customers. If you take something away then give something in return not just say now we have to pay for what we have gotten for years. I do know of two calls I plan on making and none are to comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 495 of 829

every day for the past three days i have lost channels, what is up comcast? i want to pay a lower cable bill if you keep that up.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 496 of 829

I lost CMT also. It appears it was moved to a more expensive tier.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 497 of 829
I just have to say, I'm really not happy with CMT being removed from my channel lineup.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 498 of 829

Why when I signed up for a package was CMT included and now if I want that channel I havce to suscribe?  What a bunch of BS!!    You get to change my package  and my channels and expect me to continue to pay for the same service that I HAD??  

I wish evryone would be in a uproar about this??

This a breach of my contract with you

Posted by
Visitor

Message 499 of 829

Why is "CMT" County Music Television on the Sports channel you want me to pay money for when I have had it as part of the package for years? It is listed as being part of the package I agreed to pay for originally.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 500 of 829

I have to agree.  CMT is NOT a sports channel.  I should not have to get a sports package to get it.  I think it is about time that Comcast and other TV providers come up with the ability for customer to customize their packages.  They are always sticking us with channels we rarely if ever watch.  Customizing channels makes sense for everyone.  Also, considering how much more I get charged for Comcast over satellite TV is making me rethink my options.  I have gone around with them before about having "specials" for loyal customers instead of just new customers.  It always falls on deaf ears.