New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Spike / CMT / POP Mega Thread change 1/7/16 1/14/16

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 16 of 832

All Spike / CMT / POP posts for the tier change of 1/7/16 or 1/14/16 depending on area posted here.

See this post for more details, specific locations and dates.  http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

On most systems, if you subscribe to the proper tier, these channels will not be available on DTA digital adapters.

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 4.58.30 PM.png

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

831 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 1 of 832

Very upset about losing Spike and POP channels from my digital starter package. Comcast continues to take channels away that have shows I like to watch. We already lost CMT, now its Spike and POP. Please bring these channels back to the digital starter package because I cannot and will not move up to the preferred package, which I cannot afford!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 2 of 832

How are customers going to be compensated for this?  If I ask for a channel to be added, I have to pay $5/Month.  Comcast, will my bill be reduced by $15/Month for the loss of POP, SPIKE, and CMT?

We need to stand up for this everyone!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 832

is there a more dishonest corp than Comcast?

We have a package and they take out CMT and move to a sport package, which we can get for more money, will they decrease our bill for not providing it on the previous package--NO.

We should not be surprised with a progressive(liar) company

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 832

So, I have the Digital Starter Package... I wake up this morning to see that I no longer have SpikeTV,  I go to the channel listing and it clearly states I am supposed to have SpikeTV.  It also states I am supposed to have POP.  I then go to print a copy of the channel listing, dated 1/07/2016 and it also states I am supposed to have Spike, POP, and CMT.  Of course, the phone rep goes on to say that the channels have all been moved to other packages(oh really?) as if they cannot be put in other packages and that the lists have yet to be upgraded.  However, that list is dated 1/07/2016 and I have been without CMT and POP for as long as I can remember.  Somehow, I legitimately suspect that they are able to mess with one's private channels and falsify the cable feeds BUT they cannot figure out how to change the publicly viewable channel listings without the coroporate execs at Comcast seeing it.  

Why would they do this?  Because the last thing the customer rep said after telling me the channel's had been moved is that i could upgrade for only $9.99 a month.  It's a lie and they have everyone who's paying full price for a cable feed being under numerous watchful eyes and are illegally trying to squeeze more money from them.  This likely includes non-Comcast employees as well as customer service reps of both phone and internet variety.  The thieves aren't exactly Comcast, they're your neighbors and they're just hiding behind the good services the higher ups at Comcast have provided people. 

Respond if you want and defend Comcast because you want no one else to think along these lines, or don't because you know that's what I am expecting... but I know this post made out to look to me as if it is available to the public really is not.   

This incident occurred in Southeast Michigan and is based on services from the Woodhaven branch.  The call to customer support was aimed at the 1-800- COMCAST phone number.  You have my blessing in bringing it all down and firing everyone if need be to correct any corruption therein.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 832

Hi,

I was just wondering what happened to channel 58 which was cmt?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 832

I'm also in SE Michigan. On my November bill on the first page it lists all the changes including the Spike TV, POP, and CMT changes, and says they go into effect on 1/7/16.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 832

I was without CMT and POP long before that and... those notices can be faked as long as the public channel listing remains in accordance with what the corporate execs think the channel listing is.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 8 of 832

WHEN DID SPIKE (CHANNEL 44) AND CMT BECOME A SUBSCRIPTION CHANNELS?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 9 of 832

CHANNEL Change: Beginning January 14, 2016: CMT and CMT HD will move from Digital Preferred to Sports Entertainment Package; POP will move from Limited Basic to Digital Preferred; Spike TV and Spike TV HD will move from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred and will no longer be available on XFINITY TV 300 Latino and XFINITY TV 450 Latino; and PCN will be added to Limited Basic.

This was on my November bill. The dates may vary by area, so this would be for Pittsburgh, PA.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 832
This is outrageous! You take away popular channels in an attempt to make more money by forcing people to upgrade in order to watch their favorite shows! What greed! The ONLY THING YOU ARE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH IS LOSING CUSTOMERS TO DISH!! You deserve what you get Comcast! Shame on you!!
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 11 of 832

Are you getting a not authorized or similar message? This was in my November bill for Pittsburgh, PA area.

CHANNEL Change: Beginning January 14, 2016: CMT and CMT HD will move from Digital Preferred to Sports Entertainment Package; POP will move from Limited Basic to Digital Preferred; Spike TV and Spike TV HD will move from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred and will no longer be available on XFINITY TV 300 Latino and XFINITY TV 450 Latino; and PCN will be added to Limited Basic.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 832
Spike tv is no longer in my lineup...what happened??
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 13 of 832
It's not in mine either! Not acceptable!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 832

What happened to Spike TV?  It says it is "not accessible."  It was accessible earlier.  I was not notified of any channels being dropped.  What is going on?  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 15 of 832
I'm also missing spike, as well as pop. Strangely, gsn is now available where it hasn't been before. What in the world is happening?!?!?!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 17 of 832

I went to the POP channel and it says not authorized.  Has it been changed to another channel?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 18 of 832

What happened to the CMT channel?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 19 of 832
3 channels taken, but my bill increases significantly. Comcast is clearly ran by democrats. Wth! I hate this company- poor, poor service and ethics! Consumer must sign contract, but nothing- including channel picks & prices are not guaranteed. Shocking.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 20 of 832
Cannot watch spike TV now? Changed my channel lineup with no notice? What's the deal?!?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 832

we used to get channel 81, but no longer?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 23 of 832

Leave it to the Comcast legal robbery. This company has raised my fees and raised my rates, now they are taking away channels. So, now I am paying more and getting less. This is the perfect way to turn customers away and switch to satellite (which i'm sure DISH is loving yet another Comcast rip off). Here is what you do...since Comcast show very little concern about it's current customers you need to contact the FCC and BBB and file a complaint. I for one will be doing so. In my area Comcast has a monopoly and could care less how they treat it's customers. Once again I am very disappointed with Comcast and disregard for their customer base.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 22 of 832
I was told by a Comcast employee that the price increased for the channel so they moved it to a Pay Sports package. I continuously see my bill increasing so I find it completely unacceptable for them to remove channels from our lineup.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 24 of 832

I'm not happy about the loss of channels when my bill also just increased.  Thankfully some shows have also been accepted by other channels that I still get. 

Plus it's a MAJOR PAIN to try to contact someone at Comcast regarding outages or any other issue.  No phone number listed to call customer service - they want to do everything via internet.  That's fine so long as the internet isn't out!  If it is trying to do all that by a smart phone is highly irritating.  Thinking I'm going to switch services as soon as my contract is up.  I had a lot more channels with Directv.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 25 of 832

Post removed for circumventing the Profanity filters.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 26 of 832
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 27 of 832

Why is Spike TV nolonger available with the basic boxes? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 28 of 832

Where did POP and Spike channel go.  I had it for 2 years and today it gone.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 832

Because they want to force people to pay more. It is so wrong to take something from an existing customer so you can make more on new customers. They will force us to honor the contract even when they can change that contract at will. They are wrong!!!! When this contract runs out, I will NEVER use Comcast again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 30 of 832

I'm going to keep Comcast until it reduces to the 5 channels for $555 deal, then I might be able to see right between the eyes of the 'peer group' schemers playing landlords with the cable companies as their weapon of choice.

I'm not advising anyone to confront their neighboirs with something such as this, only an originator of such a theory such as myself should do that.  Couldn't hurt for ya'll to start applying a little heat via a watchful eye and suspecting your neighbors a bit more instead of the execs who should be 'out of sight, and out of mind.'  

Ask yourself 'who's really ripping you off?'  People around you or executives in an office who are 100's upon 100's miles away and probably don't have any idea who you are or what your plight with their company is?  

YOU can't confront your neighbor with this because that is what they want so they can send you on a 'wild goose chase' and pick your proverbial pocket while they hide behind you because they are cowards.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 31 of 832

what happened to channel 146/298 (cmt)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 32 of 832

I have to question the logic of moving a music/sitcom channel to a sports package. I just received a listing in my last bill with the channel lineup and it was listed in the HD Digital Preferred dated effective January 1 2016 so this was a total surprise to me and this is one of my favorite channels all we can do is hope the person in charge of this mess figures it out, Ha Ha.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 33 of 832
Why are we no longer able to get CMT channel?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 34 of 832

I noticed my bill didn't go down, although I am getting a lot less for what I am paying.  This might be the right time to cut out mainstream TV and keep the $85+ a month in my pocket.  I'm tired of getting the shaft.  I maybe watch 5 channels out of the 120 so I'm paying for and Comcast just took away 2 of them.  Why bother?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 35 of 832

I have already been contemplating switching to a different cable provider.  By taking away POP and Spike, you have pushed me a little closer to making the decision to leave Comcast.  You are already charging me for many, many channels that I don't watch, and now you've taken away two from the handful of channels I like. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 36 of 832

I'm having the same issue with this channel. I can't seem to get anyone to answer the online chat.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 37 of 832

I was told they evolving to meet the needs of the customer. Worst line of bull ever!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 38 of 832

TOday CMT is not working on my basic cable.  Any ideas why?  And how to fix.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 39 of 832
I'm demanding to be taken off of my 2 year contract. I chose the package I am on because of the channels it offered.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 40 of 832
Soooo I too have noticed today that not only do I not have POP, AMC, CMT, or SPIKE TV, I have an increase in fees? What kind of tomfoolery is this? This is ridiculous. It just gets worse and worse...
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 41 of 832
Posted by
New Poster

Message 42 of 832

I didnt lose AMC just the other 3.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 43 of 832

If I lose AMC I am done with Comcast cable television.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 44 of 832

I currently have the  Economy package  I lost  CMT , SPIKE last year,  when I got the new special a few months ago it only had POP. As of yesterday POP is now gone.What the heck is going on with Comcast

Posted by
New Poster

Message 45 of 832

Not only did the monthly fees increase for January 2016, we lost some favorite channels. The timing of this shows how little Comcast values their customers.

Regards to an uncaring company,

sad_sad_sad

Posted by
Contributor

Message 46 of 832
I actually did not lose AMC. I did lose the others I mentioned previously. When I called Comcast last night to find out where Spike TV went, I was informed by the customer service rep that it was removed along with AMC and CMT. She did not mention POP. So I assumed AMC was gone since that was what I was told. I later found out POP was gone when I attempted to tune to a show I normally watch every evening. I haven't had CMT on my line up for years so if I was supposed to be getting it prior to it being taken off January 7, 2016, I wasn't.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 47 of 832
Everyone affected by this needs to file a complaint with the BBB and FCC. Feel free to cut and paste mine. On 01/07/2016 Comcast moved 2 channels. POP and Spike TV from their Digital Premier tier to the Digital Premier Plus package. Likewise they moved CMT from Digital Premier Plus to the Sports and Entertainment tier. This move was made with no advanced notice, even though the Digital cable boxes have an electronic messaging system built in to them. As of 9:00 AM CT on 01/08/2016 the channel line up on the website still lists the channels on the old tiers. The only logical explanation is to simply try and obtain more revenue. Had a notice gone out, they were more than likely to lose subscribers one month earlier. Also since new subscribers are seeing these channels on tiers they are subscribing too, but not receiving them, it would appear Comcast is willfully engaging in false advertising.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 48 of 832

Haven't been able to access poptv for the past 2 days.  What gives?  It's still showing as a viable channel (2) here n Shreveport.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 49 of 832

Ok, I get Pop and Spike being moved to another package. But can someone please tell me how my CMT got moved to a sports package? It's Country Music, not sports.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 50 of 832

i don't have channel anymore so will my bill less are stay the same, i pay for a bases cable and don't have any thing at all to look at my bill is alreay high so i will not pay for any addtional channel comcase you don't making it good for people that has your service on my next bill i like to see a changes