New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Soap net channel

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 9 (33,872 Views)

Soap net channel

What happened to the Soap Net Channel? Was it taken off the air or moved to another channel?
8 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 9 (33,860 Views)

Re: Soap net channel

It's being replaced by Disney:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Disney-Junior-SoapNet-March-1041380.aspx

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 9 (33,818 Views)

why is the Soapnet channel being replaced? Will there be another channel where we can watch our soaps?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 9 (33,768 Views)

it is bad enough you took universal sports away and now the soap net.  Maybe you should ask us before you do this - we are the ones watching it.  There is not much left that I even want to watch.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 5 of 9 (33,744 Views)

Neither Universal Sports or SoapNet were decisions from Comcast.  The reasons are well posted all over this forum.

Disney announced 2 years ago that SoapNet was going to be shutdown.  Universal Sports was not a national cable channel, but a carried as a sub carrier channel by local NBC stations. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 9 (33,710 Views)

Ok so why is it that soap net channel is suddenly gone? It was there just a couple days ago and now it has disappeared. i can't even access the actual channel.

Seems a few of my channels have disappeared

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 7 of 9 (33,705 Views)

The Disney Jr. / Soapnet thread is HERE

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 9 (33,507 Views)

Locking this thread. More info on this topic is available at the link below.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programm​ing/Disney-Junior-to-Replace-SoapNet-in-March/td-...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 9 (33,504 Views)

caseybaby wrote:

it is bad enough you took universal sports away and now the soap net.  Maybe you should ask us before you do this - we are the ones watching it.  There is not much left that I even want to watch.

Some good info on Universal Sports is available here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Universal-Sports-now-belongs-to-Comcast-Why-is...