Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Religious programming

Regular Visitor

Religious programming

Since Comcast has removed the Religion category in their guide, how are we to find what religious programs are playing and when?

New Poster

Re: Religious programming

Just curious...why was religious programming removed?

MamawTuck wrote:

Since Comcast has removed the Religion category in their guide, how are we to find what religious programs are playing and when?

Contributor

It would not surprise me if it had mostly to do with Comcast not caring about religious programming.  They are WAY behind pretty much every other provider in my area, and quite a bit of religious programming is even free to carry.  My local Daystar, Impact TV, TBN, and EWTN are the only ones that I can think of that I receive.  I would love to receive the TBN sub channels and more variety.  All we can do is contact Comcast in mass to let them know that we want more religious programing, and that isn't even necessarilly guaranteed to work.  Ask the masses here on the forums about Fox Soccer Channel HD and Universal Sports.

Silver Problem Solver

This was the term used by the OP category.

This sounds more like a programming issue for the guide. Granted that Comcast doesn't have the variety of religious programming available that Direct or Dish does and maybe some of the other cable networks do. May depend on the economic health of a market also.

But the original question had nothinng to do with no religious programming just the Guide doesn't tell a person looking at the type of programming. i.e. Movie is a category.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation