Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ref Code: S0a00

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Ref Code: S0a00

HelloWhen I turn to NBC (channel 5 in my area) a message comes on telling me I can watch this in HD (channel105); however, when I press the the button on the remote to switch to HD or channel 105 I receive a message "This channel should be available shortlyref codeS0a00This has been going on for at least two (2) weeksPlease let me know what to do. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Ref Code: S0a00

That code means the box isn't getting a solid signal from the cable (yes it can sometimes happen with only one or a few channels).  Check all cables/splitters/connections (swap out or eliminate where possible).  May be a weak signal coming in that Comcast can boost, or that you can add an RF amplifier to?

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

That code means the box isn't getting a solid signal from the cable (yes it can sometimes happen with only one or a few channels).  Check all cables/splitters/connections (swap out or eliminate where possible).  May be a weak signal coming in that Comcast can boost, or that you can add an RF amplifier to?

Cable Expert

That error indicates a RF signal issue on that HD channel.  Signal issues can only affect some channels or part of the band of frequencies.

Most likely you need a tech out to check the levels and troubleshoot the RF signal issue.  Contact Comcast support and insist on getting a tech out.  It could be as simple as a damaged drop cable, or loose / corroded fittings.

In the mean time, check that all connectors are snug on the back of the box, the TV outlet and any accessible splitters.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I checked the connections to the cable box and yes, a couple of them were lose.  I made sure they were snug and all HD channels are working great.  Thank you very much.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation