Contributor

Message 251 of 352 (1,409 Views)

Re: Premier League Extra Time 2016

Thanks, guys, for backing me up.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 252 of 352 (1,405 Views)

Should Comcast Tony rejoin this discussion, I think it's time to revisit a comment and suggestion that has been made many time throughout this thread. As a reminder, here's what Comcast Tony mentioned in passing several months ago.

"With the success of all the extra Olympics content and the sports app features (C-button) its been discussed that perhaps PL might be a good option to continue that effort. Let me be extremely clear: There have only been discussions, no formal decision, analysis, or guidance has been given on any of the above."

Given all the trouble the On Demand system has in delivering the games, streaming the Premier League options that are available on the NBC Sports app, as they did during the Olympics and as Comcast is doing with Netflix and Pandora, would appear to be the best way to get these matches to us each week. Because no other providers use On Demand for Extra Time and all have the ability to record games for later viewing, it should be possible for Comcast to get the contract language right from their owned company NBCSN to allow them to share this service through their app. While it's beyond our ability and the Comcast people monitoring this board to get this done, it should be encouraged so that Comcast delivers the service all other participating providers seem to be able to manage each week.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 253 of 352 (1,399 Views)

My obligation is up in April, I need to see which of  Dish or AT&T offers the best deal. Shame, the X1 dvr is a darned good setup but this pitiful Premier league coverage with it's week in- week out screw ups is just too much to stomach.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 254 of 352 (1,398 Views)

Well said, atlwally. I am in complete agreement. Extra Time games should be made accessible from within the Sports app.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 255 of 352 (1,388 Views)

Saturday Jan 14 and I can't access the extra time games again - called Comcast technical support ( oxymoron) and they did nothing.

Direct TV here I come
Posted by
Contributor

Message 256 of 352 (1,347 Views)

Extra time channels are available in HD in xfinity tv app, 5 channels available. Preimer league games are on there. Also ondemand extratime games will broadcast there live on x1. I don't know if these games are on non x1 box.
Posted by
Edited on
‎01-15-2017 11:56 PM

Contributor

Message 257 of 352 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
You're talking about the Xfinity TV app for iPhone/Android? If so, can't see how that's any better than the NBC Sports app. Sure, I can use that to watch Extra Time games on Apple TV or push to the TV from my phone, but the resolution and fps are not the same. Or are you talking about something else?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 258 of 352 (1,292 Views)

Yes they have 5 streaming internet HD feeds on xfinity tv app. I can stream them in HD on apple phone. It says extratime 1 through 5. Also I have seen live extratime games in HD on my tv on my x1 box by going on demand sports, premier league extratime live. I have seen the games be available only during the premier leage day. After the games were over I would see those extratime games disapear very quickly. I usully watch the games on nbcsports hd.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 259 of 352 (1,249 Views)

Yeah I've certainly used the NBC Sports app on iPhone and on Apple TV for Extra Time games when I needed to. I've used the XFinity TV app, but not for Extra Time games. The problem is, again, to my eyes and ears, the resolution, frames per second, and sound are all lacking when using these apps compared to viewing games through the set box on X1 on-Demand (when it's actually working!!).
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 260 of 352 (1,195 Views)

Because none of the 4 Premier League Extra Time games were viewable last weekend, as noted above, just a friendly reminder that there are 3 Extra Time matches scheduled for 10am Eastern Time tomorrow 1/21/17. Please double check that these will be available in the morning and that if there's an issue it will be addressed while the matches are still being played. Thanks!

From the NBC Sports Website:

Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League.

West Ham United @ Middlesbrough
Sunderland @ West Bromwich Albion
Watford @ Bournemouth
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 261 of 352 (1,156 Views)

It's my fist weekend with X1 and I'm not seeing the extra matches. Is this an ongoing weekly problem?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 262 of 352 (1,147 Views)

I went on Demand sports soccer premier legaue and the extratime games are missing, they are not there on my X1 box. I just checked now. I went on demand like 3 times no extratime games. I remember seeing them in there in December last year or November. I don't know why they don't fix them. Having the same experince. But the extratime games are working as always on xfinity tv app they have 5 streaming feeds 24/7. They have live games right now on extratime 2, 3, and 4 They fixed them at the end of last year. Those feeds used to disapear on the app. You can watch them on your tablet apple tv or smartphone in hd but fast moving picture doesn't look as good as it does on tv. But just to let you know premier league games would be shown on CNBC HD as well, right now you got crystal palace vs everton live. They started showing live games like almost every week. So besides NBC, NBCsports, CNBC shows live games too.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 263 of 352 (1,136 Views)

No extra time games today- what's happening Comcast
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 264 of 352 (1,121 Views)

Hi com100,

Appreciate the information on where to view Premier League matches. Fans of the league are watching NBCSN, CNBC, and the NBC network for matches, and have the ability to record them in HD for viewing at any time of the day or weekend.

The Extra Time matches are offered by NBCSN to all providers at no extra charge for their subscribers.

Comcast, who own NBC, has fumbled the opportunity to offer these HD quality matches on X1 by using On Demand instead of dedicated overflow channels. They have said in the past that ON Demand will offer these games each week and yet time and again they don't seem to be able to make good on that offer.

This season Comcast Tony said "I do think the way were are offering PL this year is vastly superior to previous years. Granted yes, its only on our X1 platform, BUT we were able to allow for fast-forwarding via the new system which is great... if only you could find the games! - I truly believe that once we work out the menu issues and ensure that the games always show up under Ondemand>Sports>Soccer (second row, first image). We'll all be in a much better place."

Those of us who continue to ask for these games on X1 as promised would prefer to see them regularly in the HD package we already pay for. A lower resolution online offering is not what Comcast Tony is talking about here. He has said X1 menu issues are the problem and unfortunately heading toward February of 2017 this is still the case.

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-21-2017 04:18 PM

Contributor

Message 265 of 352 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
I opened a support chat. The support guy was pleasant and tried to help, but could not resolve as I knew he could not with it being a nationwide issue. But I got a $20 credit and a ticket number to reference going forward. Being on the phone with support is torture, but the chat is basically painless as long as you're sitting watching soccer/football anyway. Plus you can keep a transcript of the chat for documenting. The next time I have problems, I'll open another support chat, will reference the previous ticket number(s), and I'll demand a larger credit each time. If others start to do the same, maybe Comcast will take this more seriously. Every day there are Extra Time games being played, make a point to post here when there is problem. Even when there's no problem, post here and say the games are accessible, to legitimize our complaints when there are problems.

Going forward, however, I will make a point to use the laptop for chat support. This morning I was using my phone and there was no way to get the transcript emailed to me. Luckily I was taking screen captures throughout!

Just wanted to mention I did have to ask for the credit, don't wait for the support agent to offer. I made a point to be pleasant, but stately simply I wasn't getting what I pay for and I'll need a monetary credit put to my account.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for listening! 😀
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 266 of 352 (1,027 Views)

Hi Folks, I don't have a good story here and I can't be the white knight to come in and save the day this time.... Unfortunately there were/are entitlement related enforcement's that were recent added to X1 set-top-boxes. This broke the service that provides ExtraTime games ondemand.

A fix has been identified and will be rolled out 1/30. Until this fix is in place there will not be any extraTime matches made available via the usual ondemand X1 experience.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 267 of 352 (1,018 Views)

ComcastTony,

Thanks for providing this update. I believe 1/31 is next date with Extra Time games, and it looks like there will 5 games. Liverpool v Chelsea will on NBCSN I'm sure, then another game on CNBC would leave 5 more games at the 1:45pm (Central) start time. So a big test right away.

I can't speak for everyone, but certainly for me it makes a big difference when there's a Comcast-provided message posted here as opposed to no message at all, even when it's bad news. When it's a problem affecting all customers nationwide, and I hear nothing from Comcast, I'm forced to assume Comcast is failing to appreciate the magnitude of the problem and seriously lacking empathy. This problem that has been going on for years. Maybe the source of the problem changes week to week, but the result is the same: we are not getting what we pay for. Please keep in touch with us.

Thanks again.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 268 of 352 (1,008 Views)

SaintJimmy wrote:
ComcastTony,

Thanks for providing this update. I believe 1/31 is next date with Extra Time games, and it looks like there will 5 games. Liverpool v Chelsea will on NBCSN I'm sure, then another game on CNBC would leave 5 more games at the 1:45pm (Central) start time. So a big test right away.

I can't speak for everyone, but certainly for me it makes a big difference when there's a Comcast-provided message posted here as opposed to no message at all, even when it's bad news. When it's a problem affecting all customers nationwide, and I hear nothing from Comcast, I'm forced to assume Comcast is failing to appreciate the magnitude of the problem and seriously lacking empathy. This problem that has been going on for years. Maybe the source of the problem changes week to week, but the result is the same: we are not getting what we pay for. Please keep in touch with us.

Thanks again.

Agree - if you have the chatrepId or some other identifer of the person you spoke to please send it over to me. There was internal front line communication that was sent out for this past weekends games.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 269 of 352 (1,003 Views)

Tony,

Does this mean that after 1/31 we won't be getting the  "unable to play video" message when trying to start the game or is this another problem?

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-23-2017 03:05 PM

Official Employee

Message 270 of 352 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]

kenc184 wrote:

Tony,

Does this mean that after 1/31 we won't be getting the  "unable to play video" message when trying to start the game or is this another problem?

Depends, on the front end unable to play video maps back to a number of different errors/issues behind the scenes. If it was specifically XRE-03092 then yes, next Monday's deployment will fix that issue.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 271 of 352 (988 Views)

ComcastTony - I sent you a PM with info on my support ticket.  thanks.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 272 of 352 (985 Views)

"Depends"......Ugh, I can be pretty sure where that will leave me based on the last year or so.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 273 of 352 (982 Views)

I agree with Saint Jimmy on pretty much everything he says, both content and tone. A Comcast-provided message is the way to keep all of us on the same page. Since the fix will be applied on Monday 1/30 and the next Extra Time games will be on Tuesday 1/31, that will give everybody a chance to test the system and see that the viewing issues are properly addressed. Comcast Tony, you continue to be a source of specific, relevant information and it is appreciated.

One way or another, there has to be a way to get these feeds delivered reliably. Please continue to work on that and explore any and all options to improve the service.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 274 of 352 (870 Views)

Hopefully the 1/30 fix has been successfully implemented and Extra Time matches scheduled for 1/31 and 2/1 will be available.

The current schedule from the NBC Sports site is copied below.

If there are any problems you forsee with delivering these games let us know so we can make it to the pub on time for first kick.

Thanks!

NBC Sports Network and Comcast XFINITY offer you the following Premier League matches this week.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 31 MATCHES AT 2:45 p.m. ET
Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League. All Barclays Premier League Games are available at NBC Sports Live Extra.

Watford @ Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur @ Sunderland
Southampton @ Swansea City
Leicester City @ Burnley
Crystal Palace @ Bournemouth 
West Bromwich Albion @ Middlesbrough

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1 MATCHES AT 2:45 p.m. ET

Manchester City @ West Ham United
Everton @ Stoke City

QUESTIONS? Contact Comcast XFINITY at 888-892-2253 for subscription details and local offerings.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 275 of 352 (860 Views)

Thanks, atlwally, for posting the info.

I'll likely be at work tomorrow and Wednesday while the games are being played. Those of you who will be home to watch the games, it would be a big help to the cause to share your viewing experience in this thread, whether it's no games are available, all 6 games are available, or anything in between.

Thanks everyone!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 276 of 352 (827 Views)

Changes went out as expected yesterday and validations continued this AM. We are in good shape for the games in a few hours.

4 Games + Goal Rush. Games go live 2:36PM ET. Goal Rush 2:46PM ET.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 277 of 352 (815 Views)

ComcastTony,

There should be 6 games available on Extra Time, not just 4.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 278 of 352 (806 Views)

SaintJimmy wrote:
ComcastTony,

There should be 6 games available on Extra Time, not just 4.

Sorry, we only carry ExtraTime1 through ExtraTime5.

(don't shoot the messenger)

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 279 of 352 (802 Views)

Tony,
Can you point out where that information is published (that Comcast only provides ExtraTime 1-5)?
Posted by
Edited on
‎01-31-2017 04:51 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 280 of 352 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]

At 2:40pm Eastern, 4 game tiles appeared.

Swansea/Southampton, Burnley/Leicester, & Arsenal/Watford all playing out correctly.

4th tile says Sunderland/Spurs but actual match is Bournemouth/Crystal Palace.

Feed corrected to Spurs match before kickoff, so this was likely an NBC feed error.

So, Bournemouth/Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough/West Brom are not available.

No sign of Goal Rush, although I'd be willing to bet most of us would prefer a full match to Goal Rush if slots for games are scarce.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 281 of 352 (775 Views)

Good job Comcast Tony... finally we get the extra time games
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 282 of 352 (667 Views)

Anyone seeing todays games?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 283 of 352 (654 Views)

Seeing only 2 tiles when there should be 4. Neither of 2 available games will play yet.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 284 of 352 (651 Views)

Only 2 matches out of 4 in Watch Live Extra Time section.

Both West Ham/Southampton and Stoke/West Brom display XRE-07004 when I press Watch.

No sign of Everton/Bournemouth or Watford/Burnley.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 285 of 352 (644 Views)

SaintJimmy wrote:
Seeing only 2 tiles when there should be 4. Neither of 2 available games will play yet.

Yep same here, neither game will play.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 286 of 352 (635 Views)

At 10:15am the Extra Time tiles were pulled.

Maybe someone is working on this?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 287 of 352 (633 Views)

Okay, Comcast, we've given you the 10 minutes and neither of the 2 games (of the 4 that should all be there) will play.

I think everyone following should open a ticket in chat support and ask for a credit to your account. I'm grabbing the laptop now.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 288 of 352 (626 Views)

And copy paste the link to this page.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 289 of 352 (618 Views)

This is so pathetic. Two tiles, neither will play. The incompetence is beyond belief.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 290 of 352 (617 Views)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 291 of 352 (599 Views)

I commend your vigor, but there are threads on this very issue going back to 2013.  4 years that this issue has been going on without a real, continuing, ongoing, solid solution.  I am attempting to watch the Everton game that is apparently only available through non-Comcast methods.  This ranks right up there with Comcast Customer Support telling me a few years back when I called at 10pm about an Internet outage that the Internet Support department was only available via Phone during certain hours and that I would need to contact them via Internet Chat.  I said, "How, I have no Internet provided by Comcast?"...She proceeds to tell me that Comcast recommends their customer maintain a backup way of accessing the internet to contact them if issues like that occur. Me: "............"  and it takes quite a bit to make me speechless.  I had a taste of the Google Fiber koolaid for a couple years before moving, while I think Comcast has passed them in some features and technology, the items like this (and fees randomly raised $7.00 starting last month) that will drive you bonkers.  At least with GF you knew your stuff would be working 99.5% of the time and your bill was the same every month.  I don't ask for much.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 292 of 352 (586 Views)

Theres a known issue; prod support teams are investigating.

I do not expect these titles to be available.

Sorry
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 293 of 352 (519 Views)

Recording Premier League games with Xfinity DVR

I have access to the English Premier League games via Xfinity / Comcast and I have the DVR. How do I set the games to record automatically?

There must be a way to do this. I have called customer service and they said you need to enter every Premier League club one by one to record. However, this results in the games being recorded mostly in Spanish. I do not speak Spanish. It also results in every game these clubs play being recorded (FA Cup, Europe, etc) which I don't want to watch.

Can someone please explain how to record Premier League games? I had a TiVo box 10 years ago and this was as simple as selecting the program type and clicking Record All.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 294 of 352 (548 Views)

Thanks for the update Tony. Surely all this documentation on your end and here should be making a compelling case for advancing discussions on making Premier League matches available through the NBC Sports App, as was successfully done last summer with the Olympics. Please let us know if there's any progress on that front or anything we can do to support that. It could even make your job a little easier going forward 😏

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-04-2017 11:15 AM

Frequent Visitor

Message 295 of 352 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tony - Thanks for the info.  At least we can stop trying.  

On a related note, does anyone know a good casting solution?  I am not paying for Comcast TV to watch these games on a 4 inch phone or a 7 inch tablet while a 60 inch TV just hangs on the wall playing Nickelodeon...

Never mind.  In an epicly ironic moment, I realized I could use my boxed up Google Chrome Cast (that Google Fiber gave me as a Thank You gift for being on their Beta Testing team) to cast from my Nexus 7 tablet (that Google Fiber used to give new customers as a remote) to my TV.  Problem solved.  I will continue to be a supporter of the cause though.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 296 of 352 (541 Views)

Will the games be on X1 today?  Looking for West Brom?

Where should I look On Demand?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 297 of 352 (528 Views)

Jeff - Please see Comcast Tony's response a few above.  Production issues that they are looking into.  Probably no tiles available today.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 298 of 352 (469 Views)

Well I got another $20 credit today. all things considered it's a modest amount, but at least I'm pushing back some. I still feel like a chump, though.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 299 of 352 (335 Views)

I have found the solution to watching extra time games. I flew to London and went to the Watford Burnley game - now I just need Comcast to refund me $650 !
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 300 of 352 (307 Views)

From NBC Sports Web Site:

NBC Sports Network and Comcast XFINITY offer you the following Premier League matches this week.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11 MATCHES AT 10:00 a.m. ET
Barclays Premier League Extra Time games are available through XFINITY by going to On Demand/Sports and Fitness/Premier League. All Barclays Premier League Games are available at NBC Sports Live Extra.

West Bromwich Albion @ West Ham United
Southampton @ Sunderland
Crystal Palace @ Stoke City

Any updates on the probabilities of these games being delivered this weekend?