New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pac-12 FAQ and Information

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Pac-12 FAQ and Information

so i live in oregon and i would like to know how much would it coast for the pac-12 network?

Accepted Solution

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK

Hi all,

Most of this information is already on this thread but I would like to post it again for some of the new customers to the thread who are looking for information about the Pac-12 network:

Pac-12 Networks on Xfinity TV

On August 15, Xfinity TV launched various Pac-12 Networks, including one national network and six regional networks – one for each of the six Pac-12 states – Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Utah.

To see if the Pac-12 Network is available in your area, visit our online TV Listings and look for “PAC12” in the channel lineup.

Q: Will PAC-12 eventually be available in my area?

A: There are no announced, projected or targeted dates available for any Comcast area that does not already offer this channel or has already announced that they will be offering this channel.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities and contractual obligations. 

Pac-12 Network’s Market Availability

All Xfinity TV customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional Pac-12 network.

• Xfinity TV customers who live in a media market where a Pac-12 school is located will have access to their regional Pac-12 network on the Digital Starter tier

• Xfinity TV customers who live in a Pac-12 state but not in a school’s designated media market will have access to their regional Pac-12 network on the Digital Preferred tier.

• In these and other markets, the Pac-12 national network may be available on the Sports Entertainment Package. Click here for information on the Sports Entertainment Package.

• There is live online streaming of PAC-12 networks on www.xfinitytv.com. Access to all seven streaming feeds (six regional plus national) are available to customers who subscribe to the PAC12 network, whether regional or national.

The PAC12 content will be available under the Live section of the www.xfinitytv.com homepage. Direct links are as follows:

Online access is restricted to customers who have PAC12 Network in their TV package. That is a contractual requirement from PAC12 Network (not specific to Comcast) that preserves their advertising revenue and subscriber count and is an incentive for cable systems to offer the channel.

If you want more information about that aspect and restriction, I would encourage you to contact PAC12 Network directly http://support.pac-12.com/home

I am sorry but access to live streaming through the Pac-12 mobile apps is not available at this time for Comcast Subscribers. There is no further information at this time but we will update this thread when we learn more. 

I am marking this thread as a solution just so customers can easily find this post. When we have more information to pass along, we will make a new post and update this one.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Pac-12 Network??

hello,

I have read that Pac-12 Network will be carried by Comcast amongst others, but I am wondering what tier it would be?  For example I am from Washington, would my local schools be in basic cable? (1-99) or Digital tier?  100-250?  or part of a sports package additional?

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Pac-12 Network??

it'll probably be added to the sports package. Not positive though since the big10 network is on digital preferred except in big 10 territory where it is on standard cable.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: pac-12 network how much

You need to call 1-800 comcast and ask them.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Cable Expert

The network hasn't launched yet, but it's likely to be free to basic cable subscribers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-12_Network

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

osubeavers wrote:

so i live in oregon and i would like to know how much would it coast for the pac-12 network?

Comcast is scheduled to offer the PAC-12 Networks starting in September in the six PAC-12 states (Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and Utah).

T
he PAC-12 Network will be offered on the Digital Starter tier (and above) if in the respective school's TV DMA.

The PAC 12 national network will be available on the Digital Preferred tier outside of the DMA, but only within one of the six PAC-12 states. The networks will be delivered in standard definition.

The channel numbers will be announced closer to the launch date. Comcast will also provide PAC12 network content available On Demand.

The networks will be carried on Digital Starter in the DMAs of each Pac-12 school; the schools and DMAs are:

• Arizona - Tucson
  • Arizona State - Phoenix
  • Cal - San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose
  • Colorado - Denver
  • Oregon - Eugene
  • Oregon State - Portland
  • Stanford - San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose
  • UCLA - Los Angeles
  • USC - Los Angeles
  • Utah - Salt Lake City
  • Washington - Seattle
  • Washington State - Spokane

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Contributor

WarEagle57 wrote:
The network hasn't launched yet, but it's likely to be free to basic cable subscribers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-12_Network

Comcast could EASILY replace The Mtn with Pac 12 Mountain on Channel 411 if they wanted to.  Just sayin.....

OTOH.....If they move TruTV off Channel 71 (Since it's also on Channel 163 as well) & replace it with the upcoming Pac 12 Mountain Network, it would not only be on here in the Denver/Boulder area BUT WOULD ALSO be in the Basic Package which the Conference wants to be in.

PSST.....Such a move would also mean that NBC Sports Network would NO LONGER be on the island they're on (Which is Channel 73 - NOWHERE NEAR Altitude, ROOT Sports or ANY of the ESPN channels)

Just thinkin'.....

Cheers

PC

Valued Contributor

will this channel be available nationwide like the big10 network?

Contributor

medziatkowicz wrote:

will this channel be available nationwide like the big10 network?

I believe the national network will be.  But not the regionals though

Cheers

PC

New Poster

You mentioned it will start in September however some of the games start in August for football...will those not be available?

Contributor

From the FAQ section at pac-12.org...

Pac-12 Networks are full-time linear television networks, available to video programming operators, dedicated solely to the Pac-12. The offering will consist of one national network and six regional feeds that will provide 24/7 access to Pac-12 teams and universities, with full HD quality video content.

Will Comcast offer an HD PAC-12 channel for HD subscribers in those 6 states?

New Poster

http://www.pac-12.org/portals/7/images/programming-schedules/oregon.pdf

this link says aug 15 is when the network launches, however comcast is saying sept...why the discrepency?

Contributor

The first football game that should air on the new Pac-12 networks is August 30th....Northern Colorado @ Utah.

New Poster

Agreed...i hope they air those two games t hat day

Official Employee

eggalegga wrote:

Pac-12 Networks are full-time linear television networks, available to video programming operators, dedicated solely to the Pac-12. The offering will consist of one national network and six regional feeds that will provide 24/7 access to Pac-12 teams and universities, with full HD quality video content.

Some Comcast areas will be offering this channel in HD.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

bhall27 wrote:

http://www.pac-12.org/portals/7/images/programming-schedules/oregon.pdf

this link says aug 15 is when the network launches, however comcast is saying sept...why the discrepency?

I should have said "by September". I know that many Comcast locations are adding the channel on August 15.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

eggalegga wrote:

Some Comcast areas will be offering this channel in HD.

Thank you.  I'll follow-up with my local provider to verify.

Frequent Visitor

Pac-12 Network Regional Washington station and National channel

Hello,

Pac-12 network goes live August 15th.

It is my understanding since I am in Puget Sound, that my Pac-12 Washington channel would be on my basic tier (1-99) and the National P12N channel in my extended digital?  100-415?

Does anyone know where these channels will be at?  It will be nice if they are close to the other sports channels (Early 30's and 400-420)

Thanks!

Contributor

Called Comcast customer service yesterday and spoke with someone in a foreign country.  What a surprise. Smiley Wink

After several times being placed on hold AND spelling out PAC-12 to her, she found it was only offered in SD in my area.  I'm hoping she just didn't have all the info and Comcast WILL offer it in HD in my area.

Contributor

Re: Pac-12 Network? Minneapolis? HD?

Ted, will Pac-12 Network be offered to areas outside of the Western United States and will it be offered in HD to those areas?

I live in the Minneapolis area in the part of town that was Time Warner prior to the post Adelphia market trading. Will my area get at least the national feed and will it be in HD? To be blunt, the CSRs on the phone line are polite, but lack even basic information about this sort of thing. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

If the answer is I won't be getting the channel, I'll be mad. If it the answer is yes to the channel, but in SD only, then I'll be only very disappointed in Comcast.

Contributor

Just got my Comcast bill in yesterday's mail.  I DO get PAC 12 - Mountain in HD here in Salt Lake.   Would've been nice if the people in customer service would've known this when I called last week.  Information sharing is so lacking at Comcast.

PAC 12 - National channel is only available in SD and is part of a Sports Entertainment Tier I don't think I get.

Regular Visitor

What is the channel number for the Pac-12 Network?

What is the channel number for the Pac-12 network. This new sports channel kicks off tomorrow, August 15th, and would be helpful to know what channel to turn to.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What is the channel number for the Pac-12 Network?

Would like to know here as well for Shippensburg/Chambersburg/Waynesboro PA as well. Also if we are getting ESPN Goalline.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast will be carrying the channel as part of our Digital Starter package (In other words, if you currently get ESPN, you will have access to the Washington Pac-12 Network) on channel 430 in Standard Definition and channel 428 in High Definition. The national version of the channel will be available in Standard Definition on channel 431. It will be part of the Sports and Entertainment tier of channels, which includes 17 additional channels such as Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, FCS Atlantic, FCS Central and FCS Pacific. The Sports and Entertainment tier is available for an additional $7.95 a month.''

google is your friend

Regular Contributor

So looks like I'm getting Pac-12 bay area in HD but not the main PAC-12 station that I have to watch in SD.  In what world does that make sense?

My channels

433-Pac-12BA 

434-Pac-12

823-Pac12BA-HD

i live in PAC-12 school area's you would think I would get the main channel in HD as well.

Problem Solver

yeah why can't we get the Main pac 12 in HD? not just BA Smiley Sad

Problem Solver

Is it true? we can watch all the six regionals online or on our devices if we use our comcast log in?

Bronze Problem Solver

PAC 12 "Where are you?".

PAC-12 network is supposed to be on Comcast starting today; 430 (P12MT, CU and Utah?)  and 431 (PAC12).  Below from zap2it.com info, but not listed in Comcast Programming -- Channel Lineup, or in my Cable card mapping, and won't come up on my DTAs.  Is anybody getting it?  I'm in 80026 (Boulder/Denver)..

• Wed 8/15
  • 7:00am-1:00pm
  • PAC12 

• P12MT 

• P12MTHD 

• 1:00pm-7:00pm
  • PAC12

• P12MT

New Poster

Pac-12 Network Disappointment

I signed up for Comcast a month ago. Signed up for Digital Preferred, with sports package. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and was specifically told by the rep on the phone that Yes, I was guaranteed to get the national Pac-12 Network channel when it lauched Aug 15 (today). On the Pac-12 website, I put it my (Indiana) zip code, and it told me Comcast was carrying it in my area.

Today, after speaking with a foreign rep, then again with a domestic sales rep, I was now told that I would not get the Pac-12 Network at all, even the national channel, and there was zero plans to add it in Indiana (even though it is supposed to be national).

I signed up specifically for this channel. I only signed up because I was told Comcast would carry it. Comcast lied. My account will be cancelled by the end of the week,

Thanks Comcast. You stay classy.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Pac-12 Network Disappointment

And can somebody tell me why the last two posts that started out as "new threads" were jammed on to this thread?  These entries are not how much, but rather where is it!

New Poster

The Comcast mods must be sweeping us away to get lost in the shuffle, so they don't have to answer them.

They certainly are being consistent with the company's reputation

New Poster

Pac 12 Network Authorization

I'm receiving channel 628, the HD Pac12 network channelIt's currently running promos for the channelI went to channel 430 and 431 to see if I was receiving those, alsoOne of them said I wasn't authorized to receive the Pac12 networkSo, my question is, am I authorized or not and is what I'm seeing on 628 is just for the promos and at 7pm localwill I see "Not Authorized"?

Also, the asprct ration on 628 is wrong.  Will it be corrected once regular broadcating starts?

Thanks for you time in these matters...........

Rod

Seattle

Regular Visitor

I would also like some info on the pac-12 network. My zip code is 02131. 

Thanks

Official Employee

Hi all,

If you live outside one of the Pac-12 states, The Pac-12 National Network will be part of our Sports Entertainment Package in most markets.

If you live in one of the Pac-12 states, The Pac-12's regional channels will be available as part of our Digital Starter package according to the list below:

• Arizona - Tucson
  • Arizona State - Phoenix
  • Cal - San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose
  • Colorado - Denver
  • Oregon - Eugene
  • Oregon State - Portland
  • Stanford - San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose
  • UCLA - Los Angeles
  • USC - Los Angeles
  • Utah - Salt Lake City
  • Washington - Seattle
  • Washington State – Spokane

What if you live in a Pac-12 state but not in one of the markets listed above? Then the Pac-12 Networks, including the national network and a regional channel, are available as part of our Digital Preferred tier. 

Please use the link below to find out what channel number The Pac-12 channel(s) is in your area:

http://pac-12.com/AboutPac-12Enterprises/ChannelFinder.aspx

If you have any questions, please let me know or call 1-800-XFINITY

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Still doesn't address why I was lied to. The tool on the Pac-12 site says I'm supposed to get the national feed in my area, much like I was promised when I signed up. Now, I'm told that my area will not get it, and there is no plans to add the Pac-12 Network in Indiana.

And yes, it appears all the post about the Pac-12 Network were moved to this thread so they could be ignored

Official Employee

Logsdons2012 wrote:

Still doesn't address why I was lied to. The tool on the Pac-12 site says I'm supposed to get the national feed in my area, much like I was promised when I signed up. Now, I'm told that my area will not get it, and there is no plans to add the Pac-12 Network in Indiana.

And yes, it appears all the post about the Pac-12 Network were moved to this thread so they could be ignored

Pac-12 officially launches at 6 PM Pacific time on 8/15 in most markets but not all.

What is your zip code and service area? I can further look into this for you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

46835, Fort Wayne, IN

Both reps I talked to over the phone, the first one in India, the second one domestic, both said: "You do not currently have the Pac-12 Network in your area, and Comcast has zero plans to add it in the future."

This is in direct contrast to what I was told when I was considering signing up: "Your area is guaranteed to have the Pac-12 Network."

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Sorry to be an annoyance, but I'm only concerned because I was told on the phone that I wouldn't receive the channel, yet the Pac-12 Channel Finder says Comcast will be broadcasting it here (but has no idea what channel it would be on).

Would you mind looking into ZIP Code 22311; service area Alexandria, Virginia.

Also, any idea when the Pac-12 streaming will be available through Xfinity.TV? 

I believe that will be available to all Comcast customers, which might solve some of the grumbles. 

Thank you.

Robert

Regular Visitor

Me too! When I was picking which cable or satellite package to use, the Comcast site told me that I was going to be able to get it.  The Pac12 website said the same thing, but that I should check back for the channel lineup.

Now, I'm told that I can't get Pac12 Network in Boston?!?!  I feel like I've been subject to a bait-and-switch, and I don't like it.  The recourse is that I'm told that I should write to Comcast?  If I write to Comcast, it will be to ask for a refund for the cable bill I've been paying.

Not cool.

New Poster

I have called the 1800 multiple times and no one has been able to confirm whether or not the national network will even be avaliable on the sports entertainment package in my service area. Can you tell me if and when the network will be avaliable?

I live in Arlington, VA, zip 22206

Regular Visitor

Exactly.  I would be willing to pay a few extra bucks per month for it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

How does the "TV Everywhere" Authentication work?  The Pac-12 website says "Xfinity customers, visit Xfinitytv.com to watch Pac-12 Networks," yet I can find nothing on the website even remotely pertaining to the Pac-12.

New Poster

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Looks like Comcast has been lying to all of us. At least its consistent.

New Poster

Thank you for your response.

My main concern is the ability to watch channels from the other regions.

Being in the Bay Area, I am able to watch Pac12 BA and Pac12 National.

However, I would like to have a subscription to the Arizona, Los Angeles, Oregon, Washington, and Mountain channels.

I have heard 4 different answers from 4 different people within Comcast Support.

Will I get to watch programming from channels outside my "DMA?" How do I go about this?

Frequent Visitor

My understanding is that Comcast isn't going to carry all 7 channels ANYwhere, other than through the TV Everywhere Platform on Xfinity.TV, which hopefully will be set up soon. 

New Poster

Can someone from Comcast please confirm that the TV anywhere function on-line will allow people to view the Pac-12 network from anywhere in the country?

New Poster

When I go on the PAC-12 site and put in my zip code of 80111, it says comcast does not carry the pac-12 network in my area.  When I put in a zip code 20 minutes away from me, 80246, it comes up and says the network is available.  Does this really mean that because I have a zip code 20 minutes away, I cannot use the pac 12 network??!?

New Poster

I live in Fort Wayne and did the exact same thing by signing up for Comcast Digital Preferred with the sports entertainment tier added.  I called today as well and got the same response that it is not even going to be offered here. What a joke. The PAC12 network is the only reason I evened signed up and now I apparently can't even pay extra to get the national channel.  Thanks for the heads up Comcast. 

New Poster

Comcast Chicago has no plans of carrying the Pac-12 Network.  And from what it sounds like if you're not in one of the states where a Pac-12 school is, Comcast isn't going to carry the national channel for you to even order.  I mean what the heck?  

Can I use the internet stream?  If so how do I go about it.  All it says on the Pac-12 site is to log into the Xfinity webpage.

Contributor

22603 Winchester VA. I have the sports package and get the Big 10 and Fox Sports. At least get the internet feed to me.