New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pac-12 FAQ and Information

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

So, if the Network isn't available I won't have access to my game online either - correct? Or anywhere for that matter... wonderful.

Official Employee

SimonelliD wrote:

So, if the Network isn't available I won't have access to my game online either - correct? Or anywhere for that matter... wonderful.

I am sorry but that is correct.

If the Pac-12 Network is not available in your market, you will not have access to the online streams either.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hey, ComcastJoe, are we going to get XFINITYTV streaming of the Pac-12 network before the weekend? I am going to be away from home and would love to watch the Husky game online. 

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Teds. Based on the overwhelming negative response Comcast is receiving on not offering the PAC12 network systemwide, and in HD, does the Company realize they "screwed up"! Comcast totally underestimated the popularity of the PAC12 nationwide with alums and college football fans. Perhaps they want to reconsider there bad decisions.

New Poster

Pretty clear that Comcast could not care less until another provider in the areas they are openly screwing steps up and provides them with competition. 

I don't want to deal with the hassel of changing.  But it's insulting to get responses saying that maybe they'll consider a change of plans if there is sufficient demand from consumers.  Just be honest and say you're negotiating prices, playing hardball with the network, and trying to figure out what combination of channels and coverage will work financially.  We're not idiots. Stop treating those of us in locked out markets like we are. 

New Poster

Re: pac-12 network how much

howhoes does one add pac-12 to their subscription?

Regular Visitor

Re: pac-12 network how much

Well the Pac 12 network rolled out a pretty sweet iPad app today for streaming all of their content anywhere I go, I can't wait to use it. I guess they even worked directly with Apple on the design and implementation. I've got the Pac 12 network so no problems right?

Oh wait, I have Comcast, who apparently can't agree to the same terms as all of the network's other content partners, and I get to wait until they get around to adding the functionality to Xfinity. Honestly I don't get why Comcast can't agree to allow the streaming from the Pac 12 site and apps. What difference does it make?What I'm afraid of is we're looking at a situation where you guys are planning to only cherry pick a few items that you choose to make available through Xfinity, just like Comcast's former position that it's customers didn't need HBOGo because you could watch three random episodes of most of HBO's past shows through Xfinity. I'm withholding judgement till I see what you guys make available, but so far I'm not impressed with Comcast's actions compared to the other carriers who have delivered on the original promise that the carriers made when they announced their partnership with the Pac 12 network.

New Poster

ComcastTeds- I live in the north suburbs of Chicago.  I have Comcast Xfinity Digital Premiere package, which includes all the sports channels.

Will I get the Pac 12 Network?

New Poster

Ted,

If that is the case and it is only the PAC 12s issue why are they streaming onling with Cox, Bright House and time Warner from their site? Comcast paid for the national rights to the network and then CHOSE not to distribute it to all cities. 

I switched to Comcast because a COMCAST sales representative confirmed I would have access to the channel.  While I understand that the demand may not be high enough to offer the channel here, online access should be provided. This going back and forth blaming each other needs to end and we need access to the stream at a minimum. If not what is the point of staying with Comcast? This is the opportunity to do something for your customers and possibly improve your customer service ratings. Instead we get nothing. Charge for the sports package if you have to, just find a way for us to have a choice to have access to the games

Regular Visitor

I am sorry but that is correct.

If the Pac-12 Network is not available in your market, you will not have access to the online streams either

ComcastJoe, let me fix that for you, if Comcast has chosen not to make the Pac-12 Network available in your market, Comcast has chosen also not to offer the online streams even though it could offer it to those with the sports tier.

Official Employee

thejudgeandjury wrote:

ComcastTeds- I live in the north suburbs of Chicago.  I have Comcast Xfinity Digital Premiere package, which includes all the sports channels.

Will I get the Pac 12 Network?

Apologies but we don't currently have plans to offer this channel in Illinois at this time.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

jensenterrell72 wrote:

Ted,

If that is the case and it is only the PAC 12s issue why are they streaming online with Cox, Bright House and time Warner from their site? Comcast paid for the national rights to the network and then CHOSE not to distribute it to all cities. 

I switched to Comcast because a COMCAST sales representative confirmed I would have access to the channel.  While I understand that the demand may not be high enough to offer the channel here, online access should be provided. This going back and forth blaming each other needs to end and we need access to the stream at a minimum. If not what is the point of staying with Comcast? This is the opportunity to do something for your customers and possibly improve your customer service ratings. Instead we get nothing. Charge for the sports package if you have to, just find a way for us to have a choice to have access to the games

Online access is restricted to customers who have PAC12 Network in their TV package whether you have Comcast or Cox or Bighthouse or any video service provider. 

That is a contractual requirement from PAC12 Network that preserves their advertising revenue and subscriber count and is an incentive for cable systems to offer the channel.

If you want more information about that aspect and restriction, I would encourage you to contact PAC12 Network directly  http://support.pac-12.com/home

Generally, having online access as a part of your video subscription level is pretty standard in order to preserve the network's business model which is typically tied to both ad revenue and subscriber fees. 

Online streaming of PAC 12 Network from Comcast is expected in early September.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

tamalieii wrote:

If you don't get Pac-12 Network, here's what you'll miss this weekend.

Thursday August 30

Northern Colorado at Utah - 7:15 ET

Northern Arizona at Arizona State - 10:30 ET

Friday August 31

San Jose State at Stanford - 10:00 ET

Saturday September 1

Nevada at California - 3:00 ET

San Diego State at Washington - 10:30 ET

- Note that Nicholls State at Oregon State - 3:00 ET on Saturday will be seen in Oregon only.

Or conversely, for the two-thirds of our customers who have access to PAC12 Network, above is what football games they will be able to see.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This is complete baloney Comcast is supposed to be one of the national partners with PAC 12 Network and here we are the first day of the football season and I am unable to use the PAC 12's app even though I have the network for no apparent reason. Thanks for waiting until the last minute to inform us of something every customer service person said we would have access too once again you poor customer service shines through. Unless we have access to the pac 12 app and online video feed I will be looking for a new provider.

Contributor

On that note, here is the week two Pac-12 Network football slate that 2/3 of Comcast's customers will see and 1/3 will not.

Saturday September 8

Southern Utah at California - 3:00 ET (likely on the national feed)

Sacramento State at Colorado - 3:00 ET (likely on the Utah/Colorado feed only)

Eastern Washington at Washington State - 3:00 ET (on the Washington feed only)

Fresno State at Oregon - 6:30 ET

Oklahoma State at Arizona - 10:30 ET (likely on the national feed)

Duke at Stanford - 10:30 ET (likely on the Bay Area feed only)

Starting in week two of the college season, the games get better with two all FBS match ups to go along with the usual early season mismatches. However, the conference season will arrive before we know it. 

The big date on the early season calendar is Saturday September 22. Pac-12 Network will show Cal at #1 USC that day. It would be a shame to miss it. Please reverse whatever decisions have been made and provide this channel to all Comcast subscribers.

Contributor

It's worth noting that Pac-12 fans and football fans in general can't get this channel with DirecTV. DirecTV subscribers are literally clamoring for the channel, threatening cancellations, the whole nine yards. If Pac-12 Network was available on Comcast in Chicago, the Twin Cities, Detroit, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Houston, and other blacked out markets, Comcast would be able to scoop up extra customers via DirecTV defections. This is a badly lost opportunity that should have been anticipated and dealt with head on.

New Poster

Am I blind? I can't find the online access to the PAC-12 stream. I am in Seattle here and should be able to get it. I went through the PAC-12 website and it forwards to the Xfinity site, but there is nothing listed - only the ESPN streams.

Ther are  two PAC-12 games tonight and I can't watch it from home.  This is not cool.

Official Employee

Re: Pace-12 FAQ and Information

Dreamliner787 wrote:

Am I blind? I can't find the online access to the PAC-12 stream. I am in Seattle here and should be able to get it. I went through the PAC-12 website and it forwards to the Xfinity site, but there is nothing listed - only the ESPN streams.

Ther are  two PAC-12 games tonight and I can't watch it from home.  This is not cool.

Online streaming of the multiple PAC12 Networks on XFINTY TV is scheduled to be available starting Wednesday, September 5th.

Online streaming of all the regional networks will be available to customers who have the PAC12  Network included in their video subscription package. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Online access went from "hopefully by the start of football" to "targeting sometime in September" to now "September 5th." Are you finally done moving the goalposts? Sept. 5th is already nearly a month too late. I need to get my field hockey fix!

Frequent Visitor

[To be clear, no video provider has signed up to offer all of the PAC12 Networks on TV. You will be able to access all of the PAC 12 regional networks online provided your TV package includes PAC12. ]

Just a note, T-W in Hawaii IS offering all networks on TV.

Official Employee

Jillupm wrote:

[To be clear, no video provider has signed up to offer all of the PAC12 Networks on TV. You will be able to access all of the PAC 12 regional networks online provided your TV package includes PAC12. ]

Just a note, T-W in Hawaii IS offering all networks on TV.

Thanks for that update.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

qwerty111 wrote:

Online access went from "hopefully by the start of football" to "targeting sometime in September" to now "September 5th." Are you finally done moving the goalposts? Sept. 5th is already nearly a month too late. I need to get my field hockey fix!

Apologies for the delays in the live streaming availability. 

"Sometime in September" would certainly include September 5th. I thought it was important to provide that confirmed September 5th date to folks that are following this thread. 

The PAC12 network only went live on August 15th so it is unlikely anyone could have provided live streaming of the network on August 5th (a month prior to September 5th and 10 days earlier than when the network was actually available but "nearly a month too late"), but I do get what you are saying, and again, sorry for the delays.

Glad to know that you can access the TV version of the network where you are. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Where's the Pac-12 network in Minnesota? Do I need to cancel my full subscription and get a dish?

New Poster

"Or conversely, for the two-thirds of our customers who have access to PAC12 Network, above is what football games they will be able to see. "

TEDs are getting a little testy, I like it.  Maybe now you know how the rest of us 1/3rd feel.  It's good to know that my cable provider is OK with 66%.  A D goal is admirable.

Regular Visitor

I live in Davis, CA (95618) and have the digital starter package with HD.  I am receiving the regional feed on 433, but I'm not getting the national feed on 434 or the HD regional feed on 823. Does that make sense?

Official Employee

entprof wrote:

Where's the Pac-12 network in Minnesota? Do I need to cancel my full subscription and get a dish?

Unfortunately, PAC12 Network is not currently available in Minnesota from Comcast. 

It's also not currently available from satellite providers either at this time.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

VA-UTE wrote:

"Or conversely, for the two-thirds of our customers who have access to PAC12 Network, above is what football games they will be able to see. "

TEDs are getting a little testy, I like it.  Maybe now you know how the rest of us 1/3rd feel.  It's good to know that my cable provider is OK with 66%.  A D goal is admirable.

Just stating the facts. 100% coverage in the PAC12 school territories and 2/3rds national coverage is certainly a bit better performance than some other video service providers.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds: thanks for the update on the firm date for live streaming on Sept 5th.  I'm not happy about missing the first week of games, but at least there is a firm date now.

Can you confirm: that is the date for being able to stream all the Pac-12 channels on xfinity.com/tv?  Is that also the date to be able to access them through the xfinity tv app on mobile devices?  Or will that come later?  Or at all?

Thanks.

Contributor

so why do  we need the two pac-12 channels on 433 and 434 in my area

Official Employee

Cjmacyogi wrote:

I live in Davis, CA (95618) and have the digital starter package with HD.  I am receiving the regional feed on 433, but I'm not getting the national feed on 434 or the HD regional feed on 823. Does that make sense?

Can you send me your information (address and/or phone number) via PM (Private Message) and I can have someone review your account to be sure all is set up correctly, thanks.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

So Ted, will we use the Xfinity TV app or the Pac-12 Now app to stream Pac-12 Network content?

New Poster

Again, when will the digital streams be available on my computer or mobile device? 

Official Employee

lorenzo93436 wrote:

so why do  we need the two pac-12 channels on 433 and 434 in my area

Channel 433 in CA is for the PAC12 Bay Area Regional feed focused on PAC12 schools in California. Available with a subscription to Digital Starter or above .

Channel 434 in CA is for the PAC12 National feed. focused on the best PAC12 overall matchups. 
Available with a subscription to the Sports Entertainment Package.

Schedules are available via the on-screen guide or online at the PAC12 Network website, link below

http://pac-12.com/ScheduleResults.aspx

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

eMichie wrote:

Again, when will the digital streams be available on my computer or mobile device? 

Wednesday, September 5 online streaming will be available via XFINITY TV.

I am getting details on the app situation.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

"Just stating the facts. 100% coverage in the PAC12 school territories and 2/3rds national coverage is certainly a bit better performance than some other video service providers."

Haha, what funny logic! "We offer it to some of our customers but not to others, therefore we are better!" You are aware that you are preventing people from watching the channels, right? It's not like you offer them 2/3rds of the channels and they are missing the final 1/3rd. It's all or nothing. As far as that final 1/3rd is concerned, comcast is as bad as (or even worse considering that comcast has access and is just denying it) as the other companies.

That should be a new motto for comcast, "a bit better performance than some other video service providers." You might need to add to the end though, "varies by location."

I too would like to know about mobile device access (not PCs). Is comcast going to allow access through the Pac-12 apps or are we again going to have to wait for comcast to develop something, which we all know won't happen?

Official Employee

dcbrc2 wrote:

ComcastTeds: thanks for the update on the firm date for live streaming on Sept 5th.  I'm not happy about missing the first week of games, but at least there is a firm date now.

Can you confirm: that is the date for being able to stream all the Pac-12 channels on xfinity.com/tv?  Is that also the date to be able to access them through the xfinity tv app on mobile devices?  Or will that come later?  Or at all?

Thanks.

Yes, September 5 for access to all feeds of the PAC12 Networks via the xfinity tv home page.

I am checking into the app situation. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

qwerty111 wrote:

"Just stating the facts. 100% coverage in the PAC12 school territories and 2/3rds national coverage is certainly a bit better performance than some other video service providers."

Haha, what funny logic! "We offer it to some of our customers but not to others, therefore we are better!" You are aware that you are preventing people from watching the channels, right? It's not like you offer them 2/3rds of the channels and they are missing the final 1/3rd. It's all or nothing. As far as that final 1/3rd is concerned, comcast is as bad as (or even worse considering that comcast has access and is just denying it) as the other companies.

That should be a new motto for comcast, "a bit better performance than some other video service providers." You might need to add to the end though, "varies by location."

I too would like to know about mobile device access (not PCs). Is comcast going to allow access through the Pac-12 apps or are we again going to have to wait for comcast to develop something, which we all know won't happen?

I appreciate your passion around the PAC12 and apologies that it is not offered across the entire Comcast footprint.

These things usually boil down to dollars which may be why other providers have zero percent coverage anywhere. 

I am looking into the app situation.

Glad to know that you have access to the PAC12 network on TV.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Monopoly, can you direct me to other "cable" services in my area. 55448, signal is fine incase you are wondering, since it's the only answer you people can come up with.

New Poster

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK

Hey Joe, what about Virginia Zip 22201? We were told we'd have the Pac12 Channel August 15. But there is nothing. I pay a lot for the "everything" package, which I kept specifically because I was going to get the Pac12 Network. I have very little patience after the 8 month "upgrade conversion" debacle that happened here last year. I'm thinking that I might be better off not paying you $235/mo and getting netflix and watching everything else online.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi all,

Most of this information is already on this thread but I would like to post it again for some of the new customers to the thread who are looking for information about the Pac-12 network:

Pac-12 Networks on Xfinity TV

On August 15, Xfinity TV launched various Pac-12 Networks, including one national network and six regional networks – one for each of the six Pac-12 states – Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Utah.

To see if the Pac-12 Network is available in your area, visit our online TV Listings and look for “PAC12” in the channel lineup.

Q: Will PAC-12 eventually be available in my area?

A: There are no announced, projected or targeted dates available for any Comcast area that does not already offer this channel or has already announced that they will be offering this channel.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities and contractual obligations. 

Pac-12 Network’s Market Availability

All Xfinity TV customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional Pac-12 network.

• Xfinity TV customers who live in a media market where a Pac-12 school is located will have access to their regional Pac-12 network on the Digital Starter tier

• Xfinity TV customers who live in a Pac-12 state but not in a school’s designated media market will have access to their regional Pac-12 network on the Digital Preferred tier.

• In these and other markets, the Pac-12 national network may be available on the Sports Entertainment Package. Click here for information on the Sports Entertainment Package.

• There is live online streaming of PAC-12 networks on www.xfinitytv.com. Access to all seven streaming feeds (six regional plus national) are available to customers who subscribe to the PAC12 network, whether regional or national.

The PAC12 content will be available under the Live section of the www.xfinitytv.com homepage. Direct links are as follows:

Online access is restricted to customers who have PAC12 Network in their TV package. That is a contractual requirement from PAC12 Network (not specific to Comcast) that preserves their advertising revenue and subscriber count and is an incentive for cable systems to offer the channel.

If you want more information about that aspect and restriction, I would encourage you to contact PAC12 Network directly http://support.pac-12.com/home

I am sorry but access to live streaming through the Pac-12 mobile apps is not available at this time for Comcast Subscribers. There is no further information at this time but we will update this thread when we learn more. 

I am marking this thread as a solution just so customers can easily find this post. When we have more information to pass along, we will make a new post and update this one.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Comcast has surely dropped the Pac-12 Network Ball.  As bad as the Fox College Sports channels were for Pac 12 coverage, at least we had access.  Get your act together Comcast, and offer the Pac 12 Channel in Chicago.  If not available by October, consider me gone.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe, Does Comcast finally realize the popularity of the PAC12 across the US? Take away the BIG 10 network in HD; give me the PAC12 in HD! Someone at Comcast really "dropped the ball" on this bad decision!

I have to pay to get the PAC 12 in SD on the Sports Package yet I get the BIG 10 included in Digital Preferred in HD! Very inconsistent!

Please convince the "powers to be" to reconsider!

Contributor

"I am sorry but access to live streaming through the Pac-12 mobile apps is not available at this time for Comcast Subscribers."

You don't say? The question isn't, "is it?" The question is, "will it be?" Based on comcast's track record, the answer is "no."

New Poster

I live in Arlington, Va., and am very disappointed that the Pac-12 Network is not available on Comcast in Arlington.  A survey of my Stanford graduating class found that 12 percent of my class lives in the Washington, D.C., area.  I'm sure that  other Pac-12 schools also have a significant alumni presence in the Washington area.  I have been a subscriber to the sports entertainment package for several years in order to watch Stanford sports events, mostly on FCS.  With Comcast not carrying the Pac-12 network -- not even on the sports package -- I need to reconsider whether to continue paying extra for a tier that no longer includes the programming I want to watch.

Comcast should carry the Pac-12 Network at the same level that it carries the Big Ten Network.  (We are also outside of the Big Ten geographic area, but receive several BTN channels.)  At a minimum, it should offer the Pac-12 Network on the sports package for which subscribers are already paying extra.  And Comcast should enable subscribers to have access to live streaming on the Internet.

New Poster

If the Pac12 Network isn't in Detroit by week 3 you are losing a customer.  $249/month and still no Pac12 Network is crazy.

Problem Solver

Thanks for the nice quality and picture during the SAN JOSE STATE STANFORD GAME

Frequent Visitor

Well, since you brought it up again, I quote: "All Xfinity TV customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional network." I live in Southwest Washington (please note my state.)  I do not get my regional network, which would be the Washington network. I receive the Oregon network and the national network. I don't live in Oregon. I can appreciate the fact that I live outside the Washington schools' designated media market and that I would have to view the Washington channel on the digital preferred tier. I'm okay with that.

Can you please tell me when I can expect to see the Washington network in SW Washington?

New Poster

So the logic is... if you ALREADY have the PAC-12 Network and have NO NEED to stream it elsewhere, you can't have it... but if you CAN sit down and watch it on your TV, then we'll let you have access to the stream that you really otherwsie don't need... am I the only one missing the logic in this? I am from Arizona and live in Florida (34114) but apparently don't have this network. Strangely enough, I get the Big Ten network, which has no representation in South Florida either... so I guess the Pac-12 wants be to become a Florida, or ::gasp:: an FSU fan?

Any plans/timeline on offering the Pac-12 network in 34114 (Naples)? It's a really long drive to Tucson every time I want to watch a game...

New Poster

Adding to my previous question... since it is Comcast that has chosen not to offer this channel in my market, where do I go to request that they add it?

New Poster

Please reconsider allowing streaming of the Pac-12 Network to regions that don't get the channel.  At the very least that is what you should offer.   I hope Comcast reconsiders offering the channel in Illinois and other areas.  Ultimately this might force my hand to go to satellite.   You would think that Comcast would know that sports fans are very tempermental when it comes to seeing their team(s) play, and that offering those channels only satisfies more of their customers.