Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Regular Visitor

Re: One America News Network - the new CNN - will we get it?

I don't understand why you will not add One America News??? I know many many people who have opted not to have Comcast because you do not carry it. Most likely, we will be dropping you once our contract ends so we can get One America News with a different provider.  

Official Employee

MPSOLDIER777 wrote:

I don't understand why you will not add One America News??? I know many many people who have opted not to have Comcast because you do not carry it. Most likely, we will be dropping you once our contract ends so we can get One America News with a different provider.  

Just to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers with X1 can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube.  You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Message removed As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:
Message removed As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

You can move it, but nothing changes. The truth hurts doesn't it, Ted. I can't wait until my contract is up so I can dump Comcast and all of their services.

Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

You can move it, but nothing changes. The truth hurts doesn't it, Ted. I can't wait until my contract is up so I can dump Comcast and all of their services.

You should really read the Forum Guidelines. 

This forum is set up as a place where customers can get assistance and guidance.

If you want to continue to make the same repeated remarks about the process, this forum or this company, there are many other places that this sort of thing can be done outside of this forum.

Thanks again.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

I notice that Roku has the network for $4.99 (appears to be a one time charge). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

We only watch the basic networks & fox maybe we should just go to Roku or HD Air antennae just keep Internet & Our phone?
Contributor

If you look closer, that one time $4.99 is for each month.

Service Expert

Gargoyle8 wrote:

If you look closer, that one time $4.99 is for each month.

just looked again. On my Roku app, it just says 4.99 with no per month. I didn't click on the link. did you see that it is per month when clicking on the link?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Please add one america news. I had them with direct tv. If i would have known comcast didnt have one america i would have stuck with direct tv. At the end of my contract ill switch back if oan isnt included in the line up.
Tags (1)
New Poster

When will Comcast add OAN to its channel line up

When will Comcast add OAN to its channel line up?

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: When will Comcast add OAN to its channel line up

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

OAN

I am asking as well as the other customers to have OAN added to the schedule, I like to get a non-bias news report, that reports fairly!

New Poster

Comcast needs to have OAN network. Please get this ball moving Comcast
Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Your reply is very direct, clear, and honest. However, I suggest you and other employees of Comcast consider getting ahead of the curve. Add OANN.
New Poster

I'd love to see One America News ... Comcast is constantly adding channels and the vast majority are useless with very little interest. Here you have a news station that is straightforward, no-nonsense, and has a ready market - but Comcast refuses to add the station. Why?
Official Employee

@BaconThinker wrote:
I'd love to see One America News ... Comcast is constantly adding channels and the vast majority are useless with very little interest. Here you have a news station that is straightforward, no-nonsense, and has a ready market - but Comcast refuses to add the station. Why?

Just to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers on our X1 platform can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube.  You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

One America News Network

Does Comcast Xfinity has plans to include One America News Network into it's cable news lineup. If not what can I do to make it happen?

New Poster

Re: Add One America News to Lineup

Comcast needs to add OANN to the lineup soon. It is a great news channel. Get it done!
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More