Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 301 of 325

You people in this thread are hilarious. Too too funny!

Is 2 years not enough time to realize that Comcast isn't going to add OAN to their lineup? It could be political or it could be just monetary. Do you really think Comcast is more left than AT&T or Verizon? I highly doubt it. More probable is that Comcast believes there's not enough viewership demand for OAN given the amount of money OAN wants from Comcast for adding OAN to Comcast's lineup.

It all comes down to money of course. So the best way to show Comcast who's boss is to vote with your purse string. Leave Comcast and make sure you write a letter after your departure to let them know you left because they haven't added OAN to their lineup. Complaining and bickering with Tier 1 forum support personnel here is so silly and pointless. It's not like they can add OAN to the lineup. Make your voice heard by actually canceling service and writing to corporate to let them know why you left. If enough of you guys actually do it -- i.e. cancel your Comcast services -- then Comcast may change their tune and negotiate a contract with OAN that would actually pay OAN enough for it to appear on Comcast.  

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 302 of 325

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 303 of 325

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 304 of 325
People on this thread have been requesting OAN since 2013. That constitutes "years".
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 305 of 325

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 306 of 325

"Submitting a ticket" is NOT a solution. A solution would be ading OANN to the cable lineup!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 307 of 325

Why don't you carry OANN??

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 308 of 325

The subject line here is misleading. OAN is NOT the new CNN. OAN is a minor network that doesn't even subscribe to the Neilsen ratings service. Just because a few dozen people on this message board want it added doesn't mean that a large enough percentage of subscribers want it to make it worthwhile for Comcast and OAN to come to a carriage agreement.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 309 of 325

studolgon wrote:

The subject line here is misleading. OAN is NOT the new CNN. OAN is a minor network that doesn't even subscribe to the Neilsen ratings service. Just because a few dozen people on this message board want it added doesn't mean that a large enough percentage of subscribers want it to make it worthwhile for Comcast and OAN to come to a carriage agreement.

Understood and agreed on the thread title -  I modified the subject line at the top of this original thread (that was initiated by the Original Poster).   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 310 of 325

So what is the status of our "ticket"?

Is comcast going to add OANN real news, or continue pushing their corporate ignore the man behind the curtain line?

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 311 of 325
Moved:

Re: OANN

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 312 of 325

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [baiting, flaming, trolling]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 313 of 325

mwowm wrote:

So what is the status of our "ticket"?

Is comcast going to add OANN real news, or continue pushing their corporate ignore the man behind the curtain line?

All - Message # 274 on the previous page has some additional information on this topic. Thanks for your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared with the right teams.   

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/One-America-News-Network-OAN-will-we-get-it/td...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 314 of 325

Here is message 270 "
OANN
PLEASE ADD OANN TO OUR CABLE NETWORK"

Hmmm.....

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 315 of 325

I disagree with your assessment on the new CNN. You have to go back a few decades. CNN at it birth did not have any  ratings.  OANN is the new CNN because it offers news the way CNN did the year the cable systems picked it up. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 316 of 325

mwowm wrote:

Here is message 270 "
OANN
PLEASE ADD OANN TO OUR CABLE NETWORK"

Hmmm.....

Apologies, message #274. I will update my post. 

(Additional relevant "orphan" posts on this topic were added to this thread in chronolgical order which shifted the number to #274).  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 317 of 325
Add it, I have been considering leaving and until I watched it the other day and realized you didn't carry it....well now I have a reason to change providers. So add before my desire for balanced coverage beats out my laziness, please.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 318 of 325

Is there anyone else that would like to see the One America News channel (OAN) on the xfinity network in southwest Florida?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 319 of 325

Please add One America News to your lineup, Comcast!!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 320 of 325

Disappointed that NEWSMAX and ONE AMERICA NEWS are not currently offered on Comcast -- coming from Verizon, I assumed they would be with Comcast as well.   We no longer watch Network News nor CNN, MSNBC, etc.  Please consider these news channels. 

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 321 of 325

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines. -politics

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 322 of 325

REMINDER

This thread is about requesting OANN programming.  The mods have left the thread open as it is a frequent topic on this board. At this time Comcast has not announced any plans to carry OANN. You may want to consider submitting a Customer Feedback Form to request OANN.

Please remember:

Messages containing religious, political, racially, or sexually offensive content, name-calling, profanity, insults, or other inappropriate content will be removed; the member's posting privileges may also be revoked. - Forum Guidelines

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 323 of 325

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 324 of 325

Hello MICKDAY, I understand you would like to add "OAN" to your current channel lineup. For channel request please click on this link

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 325 of 325

As a loyal subscriber I was without Xfinity for a month while we were moving and had Direct TV in the apartment that we temporarily lived in while transitioning to our new home. While channel surfing my new server I came across the OAN channel 347 on Direct TV and became a huge fan after several days of watching OAN. Now that I have moved into my new home and have Xfinity once again, I notice that OAN is not included in Xfinity. If at all possible, please add One America News (OAN) to your lineup as I am totally disgusted with the "Fake News" that is carried throughout Xfinity. I'm certain that Xfinity can pull away Direct TV and other subscribers to your network.