Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: Add One America News to Lineup

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

New Poster

Re: One America News Network - the new CNN - will we get it?

People on this thread have been requesting OAN since 2013. That constitutes "years".
Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: One America News Network - the new CNN - will we get it?

Regular Visitor

Re: We want OANN on Comcast!!!!!!

"Submitting a ticket" is NOT a solution. A solution would be ading OANN to the cable lineup!!

Tags (1)
New Poster

OANN

Why don't you carry OANN??

Valued Contributor

Re: OANN

The subject line here is misleading. OAN is NOT the new CNN. OAN is a minor network that doesn't even subscribe to the Neilsen ratings service. Just because a few dozen people on this message board want it added doesn't mean that a large enough percentage of subscribers want it to make it worthwhile for Comcast and OAN to come to a carriage agreement.

Official Employee

studolgon wrote:

The subject line here is misleading. OAN is NOT the new CNN. OAN is a minor network that doesn't even subscribe to the Neilsen ratings service. Just because a few dozen people on this message board want it added doesn't mean that a large enough percentage of subscribers want it to make it worthwhile for Comcast and OAN to come to a carriage agreement.

Understood and agreed on the thread title -  I modified the subject line at the top of this original thread (that was initiated by the Original Poster).   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

So what is the status of our "ticket"?

Is comcast going to add OANN real news, or continue pushing their corporate ignore the man behind the curtain line?

Cable Expert
Moved:

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [baiting, flaming, trolling]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Official Employee

mwowm wrote:

So what is the status of our "ticket"?

Is comcast going to add OANN real news, or continue pushing their corporate ignore the man behind the curtain line?

All - Message # 274 on the previous page has some additional information on this topic. Thanks for your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared with the right teams.   

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/One-America-News-Network-OAN-will-we-get-it/td...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Here is message 270 "
OANN
PLEASE ADD OANN TO OUR CABLE NETWORK"

Hmmm.....

Frequent Visitor

I disagree with your assessment on the new CNN. You have to go back a few decades. CNN at it birth did not have any  ratings.  OANN is the new CNN because it offers news the way CNN did the year the cable systems picked it up. 

Official Employee

mwowm wrote:

Here is message 270 "
OANN
PLEASE ADD OANN TO OUR CABLE NETWORK"

Hmmm.....

Apologies, message #274. I will update my post. 

(Additional relevant "orphan" posts on this topic were added to this thread in chronolgical order which shifted the number to #274).  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Add it, I have been considering leaving and until I watched it the other day and realized you didn't carry it....well now I have a reason to change providers. So add before my desire for balanced coverage beats out my laziness, please.
New Poster

We would like to see the OAN channel on our xfinity channel line-up.

Is there anyone else that would like to see the One America News channel (OAN) on the xfinity network in southwest Florida?

New Poster

Please add One America News to your lineup, Comcast!!!

New Poster

XFINITY Programming

Disappointed that NEWSMAX and ONE AMERICA NEWS are not currently offered on Comcast -- coming from Verizon, I assumed they would be with Comcast as well.   We no longer watch Network News nor CNN, MSNBC, etc.  Please consider these news channels. 

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines. -politics

Cable Expert

REMINDER

This thread is about requesting OANN programming.  The mods have left the thread open as it is a frequent topic on this board. At this time Comcast has not announced any plans to carry OANN. You may want to consider submitting a Customer Feedback Form to request OANN.

Please remember:

Messages containing religious, political, racially, or sexually offensive content, name-calling, profanity, insults, or other inappropriate content will be removed; the member's posting privileges may also be revoked. - Forum Guidelines

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Cable Expert
Moved:

Official Employee

Re: We would like to see the OAN channel on our xfinity channel line-up.

Hello MICKDAY, I understand you would like to add "OAN" to your current channel lineup. For channel request please click on this link

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

One America News Network

As a loyal subscriber I was without Xfinity for a month while we were moving and had Direct TV in the apartment that we temporarily lived in while transitioning to our new home. While channel surfing my new server I came across the OAN channel 347 on Direct TV and became a huge fan after several days of watching OAN. Now that I have moved into my new home and have Xfinity once again, I notice that OAN is not included in Xfinity. If at all possible, please add One America News (OAN) to your lineup as I am totally disgusted with the "Fake News" that is carried throughout Xfinity. I'm certain that Xfinity can pull away Direct TV and other subscribers to your network.

Frequent Visitor

Re: One America News Network

I had this channel with Verizon and after watching it for 15 minutes, I was ready to crawl out of my skin.     The host seem to wine a lot.  Very annoying.  

Frequent Visitor

Sounds like you really gave it a thorough evaluation......(sarcastic of course). Out of curiousity, was it the news or something else you watched?

New Poster

Please Add One America News Network.  

New Poster

One America News

Please add One America News to the channel lineup in Clinton Township, Michigan.

New Poster

Re: One America News

I have posted before and nothing, as soon as my 1 year contract ends I am moving back to UVerse, eventualy thye will get internet speed up. They carry OAN and AWE. I dont care for most of the lineup just a few channels so not having these two does affect my family as they watch these two. 

Ticket open, under consideration etc... all excuses for no action or consideratoin whatsoever. 6 months to go and I am out.

New Poster

Just switched to Comcast and was dismayed to discover One America News NOT in the lineup.
What gives?
Cable Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

Re: XFINITY Programming

gmu wrote:

Disappointed that NEWSMAX and ONE AMERICA NEWS are not currently offered on Comcast -- coming from Verizon, I assumed they would be with Comcast as well.   We no longer watch Network News nor CNN, MSNBC, etc.  Please consider these news channels. 

You can watch Newsmax TV on Pluto TV, a free online service/app. I watch it on a Roku, but you can watch it using a browser, a desktop app, smartphone and other device apps. It has a bunch of other channels too, some that are worth watching.

Cable Expert
Moved:

Cable Expert
Moved:

Cable Expert
Moved:

Service Expert

no way to get to particular message numbers. More news channels the better if they are inexpensive enough. maybe a news tier?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

One America News Network

Why is it that Comcast is not showing One America New Network?

New Poster

AONN

Has anyone from Comcast answered the question about getting OANN channel?  I see questions, but no answers.

Admin1

Re: AONN

Hi Annie2151 -- Your post has been merged with an existing thread regarding AONN. Per our responses, we do not have any plans to add this channel at this time. Our programming teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. They will continue to negotiate with AONN on potentially adding this channel. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

Hi Annie2151 -- Your post has been merged with an existing thread regarding AONN. Per our responses, we do not have any plans to add this channel at this time. Our programming teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. They will continue to negotiate with AONN on potentially adding this channel. 

Do I need to remind you that OANN says Comcast has no interest in adding OANN to our lineup and are not negotiating.

Official Employee

flgarcia40 wrote:

Just to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers with X1 can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube.  You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

flgarcia40 wrote:

I wanted to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.
Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers with X1 can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube. You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Annie2151 wrote:

Has anyone from Comcast answered the question about getting OANN channel?  I see questions, but no answers.

I wanted to add some additional background:

Certainly not the same - but FYI - customers with X1 can easily get to some of OAN's top stories anytime on TV via the YouTube App. Press the XFINITY button on the remote control, select the Apps button then select YouTube. You can search for OAN using the on-screen keyboard.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

Do I need to remind you that OANN says Comcast has no interest in adding OANN to our lineup and are not negotiating.

Thanks for the interest and the passion. It has been noted and shared.

As mentioned earlier, "no strong interest" (that was the quote you provided earlier from a response you received from OAN  - is not the same as "no interest") may not be there most likely based on contract terms and conditions, costs, etc.

Generally speaking, (and not specific to OANN) these arrangements for carriage (for any network, on any platform, on any provider) almost always boil down to contract terms and conditions, which are confidential between the parties. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I too would like to be able to view One American News Network on Comcast in Massachusetts.

Service Expert

RalphLin wrote:

I too would like to be able to view One American News Network on Comcast in Massachusetts.

do you use the Youtube app and subscribe (on the X1 app menu)?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon