Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: One America News Network - the new CNN - will we get it?

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

OANN is biased?
In the seventh grade they teach middle school students how to determine a writer's bias. Writer's bias is like the crude expression everyone has eight orifices and probably at least as many biases or opinions!
Take seventh grade primer if you don't know that everyone is biased (this is the only true statement about "all the people" even the people that say they have no opinion is an opinion or bias, neutrality or nonvoting is usually a silent-cowardly vote for the majority), politicians, comedians, talking heads, news readers, journalists, writers, & authors.

https://www.pdesas.org/module/content/resources/19402/view.ashx
Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Cable Expert
Moved:

Service Expert

Please stay on topic or posts will need to be removed poer Forum Guidelines.  This thread is for requesting OAN, not for discussing whether or not it is any different from any other news outlet.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

We want OANN on Comcast!!!!!!

When r u adding OANN to Comcast lineup?
Or do we have to change carriers??????
Problem Solver

workerdummy wrote:
OANN has been requested and requested and requested and requested.

How many years worth of requests have to be made before Comcast sees fit to add it.

DIRECTV JUST added it at around the end of July so we are NOT talking years.

Official Employee

Re: We want OANN on Comcast!!!!!!

Hi Judystice,  I am not showing any information in regarding this channel, but I can submit a channel request ticket on your behalf and the appropriate team will review possibly adding this channel to the lineup.

This is submitted for tracking and no further contact will be made.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Yes, please add One America.

New Poster

We are seriously considering changing carriers or go to Satellite TV. We avidly look at OANN on the internet. Comcast start offering this channel!
New Poster

One America News

Does Comcast offer One America News in Massachusetts?

I know Verizon Fios does, will Comcast be getting OAN at any point?

Valued Contributor

Re: One America News

The biggest anti-OAN organization is Fox News Channel. If a large cable provider such as Comcast adds OAN, it would divide the conservative audience that Fox has to itself right now.

Service Expert

Re: One America News

susie_dee58 wrote:

Does Comcast offer One America News in Massachusetts?

I know Verizon Fios does, will Comcast be getting OAN at any point?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/One-America-News-Network-the-new-CNN-will-we-g...

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

When will Comcast provide One American News Network ?

When will Comcast provide One American News Network ?

New Poster

Xfinity should reach agreement with OANN asap.  Fios is sounding more attractive all the time..they DO offer it.  Please add channel soon, show some respect for your customers' wishes.  Thank you.

Cable Expert
Moved:

New Poster

OANN

PLEASE ADD OANN TO OUR CABLE NETWORK
New Poster

Yes, I concur with those requesting Comcast add OAN to the lineup.  This network is growing in popularity, quality, and importance.  I  agree the Algazeer (sp?) is a network I never watch nor would I and gladly would encourage eliminating it from Comcast.  Regardless, it will only be a matter of time before we seek alternatives in order to get the OAN network.  As a family, we want to stay with comcast, however, we will consider other options in the near future.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Fox news is going liberal and I would like at least one conservative news channel. Please add OAN to your lineup. I see so many people agree with me so please consider it before we all have to look for alternative TV service.

Official Employee

KMHarris69 wrote:

Yes, I concur with those requesting Comcast add OAN to the lineup.  This network is growing in popularity, quality, and importance.  I  agree the Algazeer (sp?) is a network I never watch nor would I and gladly would encourage eliminating it from Comcast.  Regardless, it will only be a matter of time before we seek alternatives in order to get the OAN network.  As a family, we want to stay with comcast, however, we will consider other options in the near future.  Thank you.

Thanks for your interest. To clarify, Al Jazeera America is no longer available as of April 12, 2016. 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_America

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Just to add some additional background:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that most of you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above.

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: The need to have OAN news network channel added

Official Employee

Re: OANN

Hi Praduazzo, I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser. You can also click on this link to request the OAN network from their site as well. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Valued Contributor

Have the few dozen people here demanding OAN ever contacted the network to ask what it is doing/how much it is asking for to get on Comcast systems? I read that OAN isn't even paying Neilsen to measure its ratings because so few people are watching. Has anyone asked that of the network?

Cable Expert
Moved:

New Poster

You offer many diverse options? Yes you do, some so diverse that they bear blocking for our young audiences, at least on my part. You just don't offer OANN which you customers have been begging for openly for at least the last 2 years. 

Maybe it is time you start trying to advocate within your company on behalf of your customers. You know, the ones that make it possible for you to sit at a job sending out these kinds of responses. 

Official Employee

davista05 wrote:

You offer many diverse options? Yes you do, some so diverse that they bear blocking for our young audiences, at least on my part. You just don't offer OANN which you customers have been begging for openly for at least the last 2 years. 

Maybe it is time you start trying to advocate within your company on behalf of your customers. You know, the ones that make it possible for you to sit at a job sending out these kinds of responses. 

Thanks for your feedback and your interest. It has been noted and it has been shared.

As mentioned earlier, the Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly do pass along collective feedback, programming interests and concerns to our national and local content acquisition and programming teams.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds, it just doesn't seem like we are heard. After a couple of years I would hope by now it would've been added.

Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

davista05 wrote:

Thanks for your feedback and your interest. It has been noted and it has been shared.

As mentioned earlier, the Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly do pass along collective feedback, programming interests and concerns to our national and local content acquisition and programming teams.

And that still doesn't explain why after 2 years of customers ask............

Ehh...forget it.

Service Expert

davista05 wrote:

I see a lot of requests to add the One America News Network to Comcast and I couldn't agree more. I have had a chance to view OANN on AT&T while visiting family. I am disappointed by the lack of response to previous requests by customers, not really surprised though since Comcast is owned by NBC, which is left leaning. I want to see the news without someone else imposing their thoughts or views on me. I prefer to decide things for myself. I have been happy since switching from my previous provided but am seriously considering leaving at the end of my contract to a provider that offers OANN in their line up. 

Comcast owns NBC, not the other way around.

And Comcast has responded in this thread.  All the requests are being passed along.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

You'd think then that by now the Chineese water totrture trick (repeatedly letting Comcast know) would have some sort of effect!? 

Instead it feels to us like "resist, resist, resist". 

I'm also planning on leaving after contract unless it's added. Frankly I can't wait!

New Poster

Re: Add One America News to Lineup

Verizon recently booted Al-jazzers in favor of The Blaze. I would like to both One America Now and The Blaze in th Xfinity line up.
Official Employee

BucksCounty wrote:
Verizon recently booted Al-jazzers in favor of The Blaze. I would like to both One America Now and The Blaze in th Xfinity line up.

Just to clarify... Al Jazeera America is no longer available anywhere as of April 12, 2016. They shut down. They weren't "booted".  

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_America

The channel, which had persistently low ratings, announced in January 2016 that it would close on April 12, 2016, citing the "economic landscape"

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

BucksCounty wrote:

Just to clarify... Al Jazeera America is no longer available anywhere as of April 12, 2016. They shut down. They weren't "booted".  

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_America

The channel, which had persistently low ratings, announced in January 2016 that it would close on April 12, 2016, citing the "economic landscape"

And what did you replace Al Jazerra America with? It certainly wasn't RFD-TV, which you removed for that anti-American news channel. You didn't replace it with OANN either. Keep telling us there's nothing political about what channels Comcast chooses.

Thanks for the feedback and your passion. Both have been noted and shared.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast. 

Apologies that we don't yet have an agreement in place. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

Regular Visitor

There should be thousands of channel lineup requests submitted , Get rid of CNN and replace with OAN!!

Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Apologies that we don't yet have an agreement in place. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement.

So, what you're saying now is OANN isn't negotiating or is not negotiating in good faith to be added to Comcast? If I write OANN asking them about it, is that the answer I'll get? Somehow I doubt it. I'll stick with OANN not being added after 2 years due to political reasons. It's the only reason OANN wouldn't be in your line up as they are in all the other major and many smaller cable and satellite providers.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. 

I believe that if you contact OANN and ask them, they will agree with most all of the statements that I provided in this thread, including "It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement". 

Generally speaking, (and not specific to OANN) these arrangements for carriage (for any network, on any platform, on any provider) almost always boil down to contract terms and conditions, which are confidential between the parties 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

So, what you're saying now is OANN isn't negotiating or is not negotiating in good faith to be added to Comcast? If I write OANN asking them about it, is that the answer I'll get? Somehow I doubt it. I'll stick with OANN not being added after 2 years due to political reasons. It's the only reason OANN wouldn't be in your line up as they are in all the other major and many smaller cable and satellite providers.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. 

I believe that if you contact OANN and ask them, they will agree with most all of the statements that I provided in this thread, including "It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement". 

Generally speaking, (and not specific to OANN) these arrangements for carriage (for any network, on any platform, on any provider) almost always boil down to contract terms and conditions, which are confidential between the parties 

Yes, I am entitled to my opinion and for the amount of money I and everyone else are paying you, am also entitled to have a channel we keep requesting/demanding over and over again.

And, I've written OANN asking why they haven't been added to Comcast/Xfinity after so long. We'll see what they have to say.

Official Employee

For others, below is contact information for OANN. 

http://www.oann.com/contact/

4757 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA  92117
(858) 270-6900

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

4757 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA  92117
(858) 270-6900

I've received an answer from OANN. First, my question:

"I'm checking to see what the status of OANN being added to Comcast/Xfinity is. We've been asking/demanding that they add you for a couple of years now with no luck. Do you know what the holdup is?
Thanks."

OANN's answer:

"Hello xxxx,

Although we do our best to get Comcast to launch One America News Network, they haven't shown any strong interest. (Alternate, paid way to receive OANN removed)

I hope you enjoy.

OANN Customer Support Team"

So, it's not OANN dragging their feet, "they (Comcast) haven't shown any strong interest". What's the excuse for that? Let me guess....not enough interest shown by Comcast customers, right? smh
Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

4757 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA  92117
(858) 270-6900

I've received an answer from OANN. First, my question:

"I'm checking to see what the status of OANN being added to Comcast/Xfinity is. We've been asking/demanding that they add you for a couple of years now with no luck. Do you know what the holdup is?
Thanks."

OANN's answer:

"Hello xxxx,

Although we do our best to get Comcast to launch One America News Network, they haven't shown any strong interest. (Alternate, paid way to receive OANN removed)

I hope you enjoy.

OANN Customer Support Team"

So, it's not OANN dragging their feet, "they (Comcast) haven't shown any strong interest". What's the excuse for that? Let me guess....not enough interest shown by Comcast customers, right? smh

Certainly, a few reasons were provided from the Comcast POV in this thread. Thanks for the interest and the passion. It has been noted and shared.

The "strong interest" may not be there most likely based on contract terms and conditions, costs, etc. 

Generally speaking, (and not specific to OANN) these arrangements for carriage (for any network, on any platform, on any provider) almost always boil down to contract terms and conditions, which are confidential between the parties

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

Cable Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Re: One America News Network

Add me to the list as one who would like OANN added to the network lineup.  It's only a matter of time until Fox implodes...if they have not already.  And I'm not really a Glen Beck fan, but if you are adding stations, can you add The Blaze...it might not be around long enough though.

Frequent Visitor

Re: One America News Network

Comcast seriously listen to your customers. OAN has said that Comast has no interest in carrying this channel.  We as your customers do.  When Al Jeera network ended you didn't replace it with a new news channel like OAN.  In the last several months comcast you discontinued Esquire, & NBCUniversal channels and has not added any new channels.  Yet my bill keeps going up.  Direct Tv and Dish carry this network and so should comcast.

Regular Visitor

Comcast is a joke. They will not add OANN until it hits their bottom line. FYI their bottom line is pretty low. Cable is shedding consumers too fast for them to make realistic decisions like adding a channel that actual consumers want.

We stopped consuming cable tv years ago, but continued to get land line and internet from Comcast. Recently they lowered bill just so we would agree to get cable. We activated the cable box in order for things to work, then promptly unplugged it. So basically comcast is paying us to be "cable subscribers"

I say that because we are unable to get phone and internet for less, and our bill went DOWN when agreed to take their cable box.

New Poster

I finally found a way to stream OANN for $4.99 per month (the worldwide package) at:  klowdtv.com.  To watch on my tv I use a ROKU device.  It is nice to have options!  It is disapointing that I have to make special arrangements just to get a conservative channel in Minnesota.    

Regular Visitor

How can "comcast employee" provide a "solution" to outstanding requests for OANN, when OANN is STILL not in your lineup. I'm sure it is just so they don;t have to look at all the unresolved queries about adding OANN to the channel lineup.

How can you mark these queries off as "solved" when you have NOT provided a solution!!

Tags (2)