Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

One America News Network - OAN - will we get it?

New Poster

Re: One America News Network - the new CNN - will we get it?

Please add me to your growing list of requests to add OANN to your lineup. Unfiltered news is what we want.
Frequent Visitor

No this doesn't address the issue of getting OANN. There's plenty of channels to be yanked in place of a decent news channel.

New Poster

I would like to have oann news. americas news. It is much more american unbiased than all the others.  

Frequent Visitor

I saw OAN it was plain non-op-ed news like yesterday! Refreshing! Infinity needs to add this news program to the lineup get rid of CNN clinton nuisance network if you need to exchange one for the other! Fox is becoming another CNN. The talking heads stink & they threaten to end Hannity so time to tie knot if Fox's tail!
Tags (1)
Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

New Poster

I agree!  PLEASE ADD ONE NEWS NETWORK TO YOUR CABLE TV PROGRAMMING!  We are currently looking at options to change to another provider, unless Comcast indicates they will be adding 

New Poster

Re: Add One America News to Lineup

GET OAN TO COMCAST.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Please add OAN to Comcast! I plan to switch to att after contract expires. But if I have OAN I may stick around.
New Poster

Please add OAN, FOX is falling apart.

Frequent Visitor

I also am planning on going back to Direct TV if Comcast doesn't add OANN

New Poster

Re: One America News Network

Stevejoni wrote:
Please add this news channel to our lineup. You are progressive in every other area. We need an alternative in conservative news. Fox is it. Liberal news is everything else.

Regular Visitor

OANN

I am paying over $200 to Comcast per month and I want this Channel along with many others.  Do I have to move to get it.

c

New Poster

Re: OANN

I too, want you to carry OAN news network.

There are 3 main stream media channels that are not fair to many Americans with dishonest reporting or deliberate omissions.

There are 2 cable news channels that are completely dishonest (in my opinion). MSNBC and CNN assault American values, patriotism and our president every hour of the day.

OAN reports straight news all day long and only has 2 hours of primetime conservative opinion shows.

Please add OAN to your channel selection?

I have been a Comcast customer since 2008.... let's keep it that way? Smiley Wink

Thank you!

New Poster

I can't believe you have allowed your customers to stew for over a year and still refuse to negotiate a deal with OAN. Not all of us are happy with CNN, MSNBC, the "Alphabet News" and even Fox is moving toward the middle. 

I'm quite certain there are hundreds of thousands of Comcast customers who feel the same.

Your inaction is very concerning. 

Regular Visitor

Attention Comcast: You can keep MSNBC and CNN.  I would not watch either one under any circumstances. With Fox News quickly doing everything possible to self destruct, the time has come for OANN - One America News Network.  I am an AT&T Cellular Subscriber, is that where I'm going to have to go to get it?  If so, that additional monthly cost will come out of your subscription costs.

Official Employee

Hello All, I have looked into this channel and I don’t show that we have it in our current lineup. I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

To: Comcast

Please add One America News Network to your line-up in Montgomery County, Maryland. I've been a subsciber for over 20 years but am currently shopping cable providers so if you don't get OANN, you'll be losing me to Verizon FIOS who carries OANN.

New Poster

Comcast needs to add OAN to their lineup ASAP, please!!

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

New Poster

I agree. Comcast must add One America News Network (OANN) to its lineup! Comcast isn't the only cable T.V. provider there is and a lot of us will switch to another provider if Comcast doesn't comply with our request. We need more conservative voices out there. Fox News Network isn't going to cut it anymore, given their recent changes. 

New Poster

Direct TV has it!

New Poster

Please add One America News to the lineup. Thank you.

New Poster

Been waiting for Comcast to add pan...what is the hold up...don't want to switch to direct tv but will if not added soon...

Frequent Visitor

What's the status of this cable station upgrade? Take CNN and drop it in the dumpster! It's 11th ranking is beaten by home shopping history discovery channel for god sake! Pathetic We could better News from Saudi Arabia & they have ladies news readers in burkas!
New Poster

Re: Channel request: OAN News

Please give us an option for real news! Fox has turned into extreme right-wing blather and I don't like a lot of the current commentators. MSNBC is of course extreme left-wing blather. There is no real National and international news channel any longer. I've been with Comcast years and don't like the other guys but may have to switch if I can't get One America News. Their sister Channel AWE is also pretty awesome. Please please please give us this choice!!
New Poster

Yes, please add One America News to the line-up. We need more diversity of opinion and sources of information. 

Here's another link we might try to get our voices heard: http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx?SCRedirect=true

Frequent Visitor

I have Directv...WITH OANN! With the many useless "news" stations out there repeating the same script; I watch One America News almost exclusively...they just report news...very little commentary and debating.  Since Comcast/Xfinity is supposedly one of the leading cable companies, I am wondering why they don't pick up the One American News Network in their channel lineup to keep up with Directv and FIOS.   

I just signed up with Xfinity because of the internet, but thought I'd give cable a try, but if they don't pick up OANN, I may have to go back to Directv.  

Official Employee

Hi dusty65, please click on this link to request (OAN) One America News to be added to your current channel lineup.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Please ADD OAN NEWS WOULD BE GREAT ALTERNATIVE TOO CNN or FOX! Or May susbcribe to someone who carries it. Perhaps can get rid of1 of the many sports channels or Al Jazeera.

Frequent Visitor

OAN now on DirectTV.  Finally an option!

San Diego, CA – April 5, 2017, Herring Networks, Inc., announced today that One America News Network, (“OAN”) and A Wealth of Entertainment (“AWE”) launched today on DIRECTV and will launch on the streaming service DIRECTV NOW in the coming weeks.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: One America News Network

New Poster

Service Expert

Wallace3143 wrote:

Please click on this link to request (OAN) One America News to be added to your current channel lineup

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Regular Contributor

OANN has been requested and requested and requested and requested.

How many years worth of requests have to be made before Comcast sees fit to add it.
Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

How many years worth of requests have to be made before Comcast sees fit to add it.

Just to add some background: 

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your interest. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

workerdummy wrote:

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

The customers are demanding OANN and you did not answer my question.

Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

workerdummy wrote:

The customers are demanding OANN and you did not answer my question.

How many years worth of requests have to be made before Comcast sees fit to add it.W

Apologies. We don't have any announcements to make regarding the addition of this channel at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding this channel in Comcast areas.

Any potential channel addition(s) would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

I realize that is not the answer that you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above. 

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

The reality is that there could be a deal announced next week, next month, next year or not at all. Depends on the many factors I outlined above. 

Thanks for your question, your interest and your passion. It has been noted and shared. 

The reality the way I see it is Comcast has no intention of ever adding OANN because another Conservative news source, more Conservative now than Fox News, would be a conflict to their interests, owning MSNBC, CNBC and NBC, all highly liberal news sources. Why doesn't Comcast just admit it so we can stop wasting our time trying to convince them to add OANN.

Official Employee

workerdummy wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

The reality the way I see it is Comcast has no intention of ever adding OANN because another Conservative news source, more Conservative now than Fox News, would be a conflict to their interests, owning MSNBC, CNBC and NBC, all highly liberal news sources. Why doesn't Comcast just admit it so we can stop wasting our time trying to convince them to add OANN.

It's certainly not about politics, it's about coming to business terms with any network/programmer; terms that makes sense for our customers and for both parties. We offer many diverse channels and offerings across our platforms.  

Customer feedback is a valuable and important part of the overall process.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Please add Oann I'm watching it on Roku for $4.99 a month and I love it but I already pay so much for cable I hate to have to pay for another channel
New Poster

I want one America News Network added to my Comcast lineup.
Service Expert

jbuff54 wrote:
I want one America News Network added to my Comcast lineup.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/One-America-News-Network-the-new-CNN-will-we-g...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

Your Statement & Assessment that OANN is more conservative than Fox News is not intelligent! Obviously you and your parent NBC is not fare & balanced &are a lefty jacks rear end! MSNBC CNN NBC ABC CBS Google Yahoo See List attached for your education! The List Goes On to xfinity & Beyond! Fox is not conservative anymore for your information! They are going down the liberal rabbit hole too! If Comcast/NBC/MSNBC wants us to say sayonara? It's time is running out. Satellite is looking better & better. Tick, tick, tick, tick Boom! I'm putting a time notice you have until Ides of October that Sayonara Jerks!
IMG_1053.JPG
Frequent Visitor

I hear you my Comcast bill is aweful. IPTV is here I hear no body says anything about it. But we only watch ABC CBS NBC Fox Biz Fox News OANN would be it. If we paid $5 for all we used it would be $35! 1/5 of what we pay now for triple play! But the stab you in back if you go Internet only. I have to find a cheaper internet provider than INFINITE?
New Poster

I agree, Comcast needs to add OANN ASAP to their line-up!!!

Frequent Visitor

1. Thanks...did it several times, but according to the long list of requests for Comcast to add OANN, it is falling on "deaf ears" so to speak.  I am beginning to believe that Comcast leadership is putting their political views before the wishes of some of their paying customers.  This is very unfortunate, but it is happening all too often these days.   We've only had Comcast for a few weeks, and as I was navigating around your offerings...kind of learning my way around, it was very obvious that Comcast is very "left".    I went to " On Demand" to the "catch up" section for news programs and the only ones listed were politically left.  While I am obviously independent enough to select my own viewing, it was a bit disturbing to see this.  I've had Directv for over 20 years and they were quite balanced in what they offered their viewers.  FIOS is the same way.  While some may feel that OANN is a conservative news station, I think it only seems this way because it has been so long since a news network just gave an honest, objective statement of the news. Comcast has chosen, thus far, to keep all of the networks where a handful of people are debating or spewing out talking points ad nauseam.  This is fine, if viewers really are demanding it.  However, we are just asking that you give the rest of us, who just want to watch the news and form our own opinions, a REAL news station.  
Cable Expert
Moved:

Email Expert
Moved:

Cable Expert
Moved: