Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Olympic Channel listings?

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

Olympic Channel listings?

Since the Universal HD channel is being replaced by the Olympic Channel on July 15, I assume an event listed as being on UniHD will instead be on the Olympic Channel:

http://www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule

Accepted Solution

Re: Olympic Channel listings?

That is correct, studolgon. However, I suggest to double-check the Olympic schedule in July as well. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

That is correct, studolgon. However, I suggest to double-check the Olympic schedule in July as well. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

In my area (suburban Chicago), Universal HD is carried on channels 209 and 1419.  The schedule published by Zap2It for my cable area lists Universal HD on those channels through July 14, which is what I would expect.  On July 15, Universal HD is gone, and nothing is listed on channels 209 or 1419.  Om July 16, channel 209 is now occupied by MTV Live, and there is still nothing on channel 1419.  A scan thru all the hundreds of Comcast channels in my area finds NO OLYMPIC CHANNEL on any channel number as of July 16.  So my question is, is Comcast carrying the Olympic Channel in the cable area that serves Skokie?  And if so, on what channel?

Valued Contributor

New Poster

I'm in Champaign IL and it's the same story here with different channel numbers (937 and 1419). The listings on the guide end at 2pm Friday, and the channels disappear completely on zap2it. 

The link to the 7/10 press release is small start, but only sharing the first two days of the programming schedule, and expecting customers to "wait until Friday" to see the listings appear on the Comcast guide, is simply not good enough.  The channel will supposedly be available in less than 53 hours, so at this point we should already be able to see the corresponding listings on the guide, just as we can for every other channel.

If the OC is going to fill the spots that are being vacated by UHD in the channel lineup, there has to be a way to publish the combined schedule in the guide and online listings instead of just showing "SIGN OFF" indefinitely beyond Friday.

The reason "wait until Friday" is not good enough for me is that I may be leaving town before then.  I know there will be a lot of OC programming I would like to record while I'm gone, but I currently have no ability to schedule any recordings beyond Sunday (and even those would have to be set manually).  I may not have access to schedule additional recordings remotely after I leave, and don't have the DVR capactity to record OC 24/7 for 2 weeks to make sure I get what I want.  The fact that customers are being kept completely in the dark about what's going to be on the air a mere 4 days from now is just utterly absurd.

Please, Comcast, get your act together for once and do something here to prove that there's a shred of honesty to all those commercials you keep running about your commitment to customer service...

New Poster

Comcast may be useless in this regard, but DirecTV has managed to publish listings that include Olympic Channel and can be found on zap2it:

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=104089&channel=624&aid=tvschedule

If you have your location set, you'll probably see local times.  Otherwise it will default to Eastern.

Valued Contributor

The Olympic Channel listings for the next two weeks are now available on the guide, at least on my Comcast syatem.

New Poster

The Olympic Channel is not available on the Xfinity Stream app and the NBC Sports app says I am not a subscriber to the channel even though I am.  When  can I expect this to be corrected?

Valued Contributor

As of 8:50 p.m. EDT, I cannot access the Olympic Channel via the Stream TV app, but I AM able to watch the network via the NBC Sports app.

Frequent Visitor

The channel is live ... on channel 660 in the Seattle/Everett, WA market ...

BUT ...

The NBCSports channel finder tells me it's only on DirecTV ... Zap2it & Comcast TV listings don't even have the channel / number existing ...

Official Employee

Hello All. On 7/14/17 the Olympic Channel HD launched for XFINITY TV service subscribers. For regions that currently carry Universal HD, Universal HD is no longer available, as it is replaced by the Olympic Channel HD. To obtain a full channel lineup for your area please click on this link

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

That's correct. However, the Olympic Channel is not available on the Xfinity Stream app, and the NBC Sports app does not recognize me as a subscriber, even though I am.  I suspect the two are related.  My question was when can I expect this error to be corrected?

Official Employee

Chrismorton2 wrote: That's correct. However, the Olympic Channel is not available on the Xfinity Stream app, and the NBC Sports app does not recognize me as a subscriber, even though I am.  I suspect the two are related.  My question was when can I expect this error to be corrected?

The Olympics are not available to stream through the Xfinity Stream app, to view these events please tune to a local channel on your cable box or you can use the NBC Sports app. I tested the NBC Sports app on my IPhone 7 and on a Samsung tablet and the app works fine. If you're having issues accessing the content, please remove the app from your equipment, and download it again to fix any bugs within the system. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation