Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not authorized channels

ANSWERED
New Poster

Not authorized channels

Several of the channels in my package are suddenly showing a blank screen with a message saying not authorized. When I call comcast's customer service they tell me to call back later because of an above average number of calls. Has anybody else had this problem with several channels abruptly stopping?
Accepted Solution

Re: Not authorized channels

Had the same issue, checked the package I have, shows they should be working..

I did the live chat thing with customer service, and He "sent a signal to the box", it rebooted and the channels came back. 

Less than 5 minutes online with the rep, it was fixed.

View answer in context
New Poster

I have as well.

New Poster

I have recently become aware of this problem as well. It started 2 days ago in my area (So IL). I called Comcast and I actually got through. The person I spoke with informed me that Yes, those channels that I mentioned (SyFy, Disney, Animal Planet, etc....the ONLY channels that I got my original package for) have been MOVED to a higher package rate, and that if I wanted those channels to continue, that I had to UPGRADE my TV package. I told him that I had NO intention of upgrading just to get the channels BACK that I originally had. Ive had Comcast for over a year and a half now and my promotional package was already consumed. I know this because my rate already went up once in liu of that. Therefore, I find it extremely unfair and borderline criminal for a corperation to decide on thier own to remove items that you had already paid for, move them to a package higher, and force you to upgrade to get them back. When I asked to speak to the supervisor, he asked why and then after arguing some more, put me on hold. He then came back and informed me that the supervisor was not available at this time. I totally plan to contact customer service on this, not that it will help matters any. So there is the answer to your question. Maybe we should ALL complain and not let major corporations like this have thier way with us without consequence. Whos with me?

New Poster

I've had my service for over 30 years, and have never had a reduced rate for signing a contract for 1 or 2 years.  All I wanted to do was reduce my monthly bill, and decided I didn't need the DVR option, since I didn't use it.  I'm not sure it was worth the 12.00 if I have lost my channels.  Back on the line with customer service today, to see if this can be corrected.  I'll post my results.  On a happier note, the customer service tech I spoke to with my initial hookup was very friendly, as well as the reps at the walk-in location.

New Poster

I have noticed in the past 5 days my 2 tvs with a basic cable box do not have all the channels I used to get.  I refuse to pay more to get the same service I have had for over 20 years.  Has anyone had any success calling comcast and complaining?   I absolutely hate calling these people.

New Poster

I'm happy to say my issues with my missing HD channels has been resolved.  I was also unable to get On Demand.  Once the signal was sent to my HD box, the missing channels reappeared.  I did have to speak with a rep, because on demand was still not showing and my info showed To Be Announced.  He had me turn off power to box, sent a signal, and about a minute later, everything was working fine.  The rep was very helpful and patient with my concerns.

New Poster

Had the same issue, checked the package I have, shows they should be working..

I did the live chat thing with customer service, and He "sent a signal to the box", it rebooted and the channels came back. 

Less than 5 minutes online with the rep, it was fixed.

New Poster

Update,  after I sent My last post,

I went back to the TV and the same screen was back, not authorized....

I unplugged the power cable to the box, hit the power button,

it was fine again.

We'll see if it lasts!   ..  It didn't,, back to the live chat..............................

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation