Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No CSN Chicago in Indianapolis?

New Poster

No CSN Chicago in Indianapolis?

Im moving from Chicago to Indianapolis and noticed that even though indy is part of the Chicago spotts home television market for the Cubs, White Sox, and Blackhawks, and the fact that it is available on Uverse and Direct TV in Indianapolis, that CSN Chicago is not carried by Xfinity in Indianapolis! Why??? I hsve been loyal to xfinity, but will seriously consider switching to uverse or direct tv if it means I'll get my teams.
New Poster

Re: Why no Comcast sports net Chicago

Im moving to Indianapolis next month from Chicago and for whatever reason Uverse and Direct TV give you CSN Chicago but Xfinity doesnt. I have left a message with comcast to carry the station in Indy and also told my operator handling my move to carry it. So far nothing, but im trying to remain confident that eventually they will listen.
New Poster

Re: No CSN Chicago in Indianapolis?

Still waiting for Indianapolis Comcast to carry CSN Chicago for all us Chicago transplants.  I just do not see the underlying issue as to why if we are in the local viewing market for chicago sports that we do not have access to the channel we need.

New Poster

Jayman----don't get your hopes up I have been complaining to Comcast for several YEARS about getting Comcast Sports Net Chicago in the Indianapolis and Northern Indiana area--even went as far as getting a hold of the head honchos of Comcast but nothing ever gets done about the channel. I have Directv just so I can get Comcast Sports Net Chicago for the Cubs games. Its so stupid because Comcast owns the channel and they won't put it on in this viewing area

New Poster

Verny,

That is disappointing to say the least.  I would have figured that others would have done their best to get the channel put in play here in Indy, but it seems nobody is listening.  I will not subscribe to multiple television providers simply for one channel.  I think we need to collectively do a better job of teaming up as a fan base and get a hold of the powers that be to get it carried once and for all.  I have spoken to a woman at CSN Chicago, and she insists it is Comcast and not them, so at least half the battle is on our side.

Visitor

One thing i notice that only Satellite like Directv and Uverse and Dish has csnc and Comcast does not care if they don't have it on there systems

Problem Solver

Hello RWW4,

Your entertainment experience is very important to us. I have submitted your request for CSN to be added to your local channel lineup. We do track requests, so we appreciate your feedback. We cannot speculate on possible future channel additions until a launch is announced; however, we regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are providing the content that our customers want the most. If a channel is added to a certain Comcast channel lineup, customers are generally notified one of two ways. Either a notice will be printed on a Comcast billing statement or an insert may be included with a mailed Comcast billing statement. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CSN Chicago for Indy?

CSN Chicago

The Central Indiana market needs to have this station. Fox Sports Indiana carries the Reds games..wish they could also carry the Cubs. Instead, we need CSN Chicago. 

Regular Visitor

We really need this channel in Indy. The Cubs have a big regional following in this area. WHEN, COMCAST? When are you going to deliver this?

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast cannot simply add channels. There may be Designated Market Area issues with programming only being allowed in certain areas so as not to compete with other local networks and channels.

Problem Solver

There is no contractual reason Comcast can't offer the channel. AT&T, DirecTV and Dish all carry Comcast SportsNet Chicago.

The Indianapolis DMA is in market for all Chicago sports with the exception of the Bulls. There is no reason Cubs, White Sox and Blackhawks programming can't regularly air in the market.
Regular Visitor

Exactly my point. The Bulls would remain blacked out per NBA territorial rights. But, Cubs and Sox and Blackhawks are blacked out on MLB Network and MLB.TV since Indy is in the local market. WHAT?! Makes no sense. 

Regular Visitor

It is time to band together and flood people with requests.

New Poster

I am just waiting for AT&T U-Verse to come to the neighborhood and I'm done with Comcast. I don't care if I pay more or if I get less channels, I want CSN. I have considered doing the unthinkable and getting Dish Network. Come on Comcast, get a clue. Can't wait to switch.