Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Nick & Nick Jr. Apps

New Poster

Nick & Nick Jr. Apps

Why is comcast/xfinity no longer participating as a service provider in the Nick or Nick Jr. App? I already contacted Nick and they advised that xfinity pulled out from being a selectable service provider.While I understand that I can get to the shows through the xfinity stream app the experience is NOT the same. My son is extremely upset. I can't believe I'm in the group now that would consider switching because of something like this but, I get it now. You just made my life harder not easier.
New Poster

Re: Nick & Nick Jr. Apps

I agree this is terrible, my son uses this app and now can't get full access. Maybe it's time to change providers...
New Poster

Why isn't anyone from Comcast giving us an update on their negotiations with Nick Jr. This is very hard to explain to a 4 year old. If Comcast is not going to participate, they need to tell let their customers know.    Come on Comcast, make a decision!

Silver Problem Solver

Nickelodeon and Nick Jr are part of Viacom networks. Comcast hasn't had any form of streaming agreement with them for a long time. They never allowed fixed devices like a Roku, and recently lost support on phones/tablets.

It's all about $$$. The networks typically want a fixed fee to allow access for each subscriber, even if they never actually use online access.

"Viacom's leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, SPIKE, Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA."

New Poster

If this isn't fixed by next month, I will be dropping TV from my service. I will NEVER install an xfinity app on any of my devices. If xfinity can't provide the content I pay for, in the way I want to consume it, they are of no use to me. I am sick of them forcing their solutions on me. Things like this are exactly why they deserve the "Worst company in America" title.

New Poster

I agree with you 100%. While I like the streaming app, when it comes to nick and nick jr there just isn’t enough content there to justify Comcast’s answer to this issue. The nick apps are great because they have every episode of most of their popular shows available. The Comcast app only has one or 2 eps and my son doesn’t want to watch the same eps over and over. It’s incredibly disheartening to see how little Comcast thinks of its customers that it responds to our inquiries with the streaming option when every complaint has made it clear how inadequate their option is. Please Comcast, get this fixed. As much as we pay for your already lackluster service, the least you can do is support these apps.
New Poster

It’s been over three months now and we need another official Comcast update. Or, if this is never going to happen, we need to know. Transparency please.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation