Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Nick Jr

ANSWERED
New Poster

Nick Jr

I have been using the Nick Junior App for my grandson and today all of the sudden it's not on the provider list? Out of the 100+ providers I don't understand why you aren't there now
Accepted Solution

Re: Nick Jr

RayF19 wrote: We have the same frustrating experience. In addition to the Nick Jr App no longer working, there is now only a VERY limited number of our son's favorite shows available on demand. Considering xfinity costs and the availability in other markets, I'm seriously considering to cut the cord. This needs to be fixed!

The best way to make sure your son doesn't miss any of his favorite shows or to access them anytime would be to set your DVR to record the shows. This way you can view then anytime at home and you can download them to our Xfinity Stream app and take them anywhere. 

View answer in context
New Poster

Same. In both Nick and Nick Jr iOS apps, Comcast/Xfinity is no longer an option. This is BS. Xfinity has always been an option. Why take it away now.
New Poster

Similar issue here.  We watch Nick Jr. on nickjr.com and all of a sudden Xfinity is not listed there either.  I also don't remember being notified of changes to this particular channel.  It's frustrating since we have used it for so long and all of a sudden we can't.

Frequent Visitor

Ditto - this does not make our young son happy.

Add in that, for us at least, shows like Blaze and the Monster Machines are no longer series linking on our X1 DVR, and he's re-watching a lot of old shows.

New Poster

Same thing,

We tried it for the first time today. My youngest is very sad that he cannot watch paw patrol anymore. Why? No warning or anything?

New Poster

same issue here - contacted comcast as well as nick jr support - neither responded.  

Frequent Visitor

I thought I was the only one having the issue but I see it's not. I've contacted Nick Jr via their site and have not heard anything yet either.
New Poster

This is going to be a big problem here too!!
New Poster

Mike B from Nick Jr said:

"...As for Xfinity, I'm sorry to say, your TV provider is no longer available in the Nick Jr App at this time. We’re working to have your TV provider participate with us again but, in the meantime, your child can still watch lots of free full episodes, clips, and original videos from all their favorite shows. We’re always adding new videos for our fans to enjoy, so make sure to check back for even more!"
Frequent Visitor

I just received the same update from Nick Jr
Frequent Visitor

I just received a response from Xfinity/Comcast. They are saying they are not a provider because you can watch episodes with the Stream TV app. I've explained not all of the shows have an option to watch an episode through the Stream TV. It seems like that does not matter.
New Poster

We were told same answer. Xfinity prices go up and services get less. Xfinity has chosen to no longer pay for the NickJr app and we all suffer as our kids can’t get same access. Not even notified of the change.
New Poster

Definitely worth calling Comcast and complaining about. Why pay this much to constantly be barred from streaming apps and content. The other big companies always seem to figure it out. Comcast is the #1 glaring absence from these types of apps and websites constantly. Very frustrating.
New Poster

This is very frustrating! I called Comcast and they would "prefer" we watch the content through their stream app. Well, they would prefer it, huh? Comcast is forcing us to consume the content we pay for the way they want us to, not the way that makes it easy for their customers. I do not want to download their stream app on my child's ipad because I don't want her to be able to watch other content. She just wants to watch Nick shows and play the games on the app. This is very frustrating and I am very close to canceling cable all together. We don't watch tv -- only watch through the apps so Comcast is making my decision a little easier...I can pay HBO directly to watch their content on the app, once the other channels start charging directly for the content on the app outside the cable providers then monopolies like Comcast will be forced to start listening to their customers instead of dictating what they can do.

New Poster

I really hope you fix this Xfinity! A lot of unhappy children/parents!

GiantEagle wrote:
Mike B from Nick Jr said:

"...As for Xfinity, I'm sorry to say, your TV provider is no longer available in the Nick Jr App at this time. We’re working to have your TV provider participate with us again but, in the meantime, your child can still watch lots of free full episodes, clips, and original videos from all their favorite shows. We’re always adding new videos for our fans to enjoy, so make sure to check back for even more!"

New Poster

Ditto! My grandkids have favorite shows that are only available on the Nickjr website and at Grandpas. You just took away one of the reasons they love to visit. I am VERY unhappy.
Official Employee

Hello all, our agreement with Nick Jr to stream content from their app has expired but we are working on a new agreement to be able to access this content through the Nick Jr app. In the meantime you can use the Xfinity Stream app to stream all of Nick Jr's content or you can go online to www.comcast.com and stream there as well.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

We have the same frustrating experience. In addition to the Nick Jr App no longer working, there is now only a VERY limited number of our son's favorite shows available on demand. Considering xfinity costs and the availability in other markets, I'm seriously considering to cut the cord. This needs to be fixed!
New Poster

I hope this agreement happens soon. Looking into other cable/internet providers right now.
Official Employee

RayF19 wrote: We have the same frustrating experience. In addition to the Nick Jr App no longer working, there is now only a VERY limited number of our son's favorite shows available on demand. Considering xfinity costs and the availability in other markets, I'm seriously considering to cut the cord. This needs to be fixed!

The best way to make sure your son doesn't miss any of his favorite shows or to access them anytime would be to set your DVR to record the shows. This way you can view then anytime at home and you can download them to our Xfinity Stream app and take them anywhere. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

NOOOOOOOOO!  I love the Nick Jr app for my son.  Comcast's workaround of streaming from their app doesn't work for me.  

My son knows how to use the Nick Jr app, unlike the comast app.  Also the Nick Jr app is child friendly. I don't have to worry about him seeing something that isn't age appropriate. The Nick Jr app has fun games for my son to play.  The comcast streaming app does not.  The Nick Jr App has more episodes of the shows he wants to watch and I don't have to use my coveted DVR space to record kids shows to have on demand.  

New Poster

Well, luckily I have friends with DirecTV and let me use their login.

New Poster

"The best way to make sure your son doesn't miss any of his favorite shows or to access them anytime would be to set your DVR to record the shows. This way you can view then anytime at home and you can download them to our Xfinity Stream app and take them anywhere." 

I don't even see any Nick Jr shows on the tv.xfinity website.. it's mostly Disney stuff. I don't have a TV and I only access shows through my computer. So I don't see how your advice is applicable in this situation? Am I missing something?

New Poster

"Hello all, our agreement with Nick Jr to stream content from their app has expired but we are working on a new agreement to be able to access this content through the Nick Jr app. In the meantime you can use the Xfinity Stream app to stream all of Nick Jr's content or you can go online to www.comcast.com and stream there as well." 

The comcast website doesn't have any Nick Jr shows... It mostly just has Disney shows.. Am I missing something?

Official Employee

Sderht wrote: I don't even see any Nick Jr shows on the tv.xfinity website.. it's mostly Disney stuff. I don't have a TV and I only access shows through my computer. So I don't see how your advice is applicable in this situation? Am I missing something?

When you go online or on the app you can search by network and search for "Nick Jr" there you will see the Nick Jr shows that we have available. I understand that you desire to have your access restored to the Nick Jr. app, and we do listen to customer feedback. If you would like to see your access restored please submit your feedback by clicking on this link so your voice can be heard.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

The whole point of us as parents being upset is because the nick jr app is geared towards kids. They can work it and play games as they please. The stream app is not geared towards kids and they could go off and see inappropriate content. It’s not very kid friendly at all. I would love to have the option to use my nick jr app with my comcast account again
New Poster

"When you go online or on the app you can search by network and search for "Nick Jr" there you will see the Nick Jr shows that we have available."

I searched for "Nick Jr" just as you suggested and nothing came up. It isn't in the app that I want access to Nick Jr shows, it's on the Nick, Jr. website. Until a few days ago, we were able to unlock episodes from Nick, Jr. cartoons on the Nick, Jr. website through logging in our with our Xfinity login. Now we can't do that anymore. We contacted Xfinity and they said that they are working with you on it. The balls in your court now, and your customers are upset. 

New Poster

Is there any update as to when this agreement will be completed?
New Poster

Comcast,

This is another HUGE fail. You need to fix this. You knew the agreement was expiring, yet you were not proactive by negotiating and getting the deal done before expiration.

You wonder why your satisfaction scores are so low? It’s foolish decisions like this. Parents don’t want their kids using your stream app because of all the other content hey could potentially access.

Fix this or I’m out. Enough is enough.
New Poster

I'm sure they don't want to pay Viacom/Nickeldeon more money to access the app - that's probably why they let the agreement expire. It's a money game and it'll always be like that. Don't think they do this for the kids or for their customers. It's about money at the end of every day.
New Poster

To any Comcast employee with the courage and dignity to respond honestly to this issue: (1) Via xfinitystream, there are a total of three on-demand episodes available for streaming of Paw Patrol (out of 104 produced by Spin Master since series launch in 2013), and (2) the Nick Jr app specifically calls out in the “How it Works” page that subscription to Nick Jr affords unlocked access to all Nick Jr content. Further, that Spin Master itself is listed under copyright alongside Viacom (parent to Nick Jr) screams of evidence of the resultant consequences to the reversal of net neutrality.

Comcast may indeed defend vigorously it will not throttle speeds, but is this not incontrovertible evidence of Comcast hand-picking the streaming content accessible via an app devoid of the advertising revenue it would otherwise receive by requiring viewers to watch the episodes on the actual channel?

I offer the challenge of a direct, point-to-point response. Rebrand your customer service as “comcastcares” as you will, but history has repeatedly shown the opposite when you are identified for putting your profit margin ahead of your customers.

Your turn, Comcast. Prove me wrong.
New Poster

This is absolutely ridiculous!! We pay over $240 a month for service and EVERYTHING should work. Yet again why other providers are looking more and more appealing! This a major inconvenience as you can see from the countless posts by parents on this thread. FIX IT NOW!!
Regular Visitor

This is EXACTLY why I don't have cable, they give you products for a moderate to seemingly high price and things work great. Then things change and what your used to is no longer available the way you used to utilize it. X1 cloud great option until the cloud service dumps and things are working as your DVR says it is, all boxes have access to DVR until you exceed the receiver nodes but they dont explain that to you when you purchase, upgrade or ask questions about it. Ill stay without tv service thanks. Stay strong TV subscriber's.
New Poster

Except your stream app has inappropriate content for young children. Are you saying to let young children have access to sexual content (Cause that seems like what you’re doing here)

New Poster

Just wanted to add another disappointed family here.  Verizon is looking more attractive all the time.

New Poster

I agree. We had switched to Comcast when we moved but seeing as this is the second issue we have had with Comcast since switching (the first being Comcast switching their lineup and channels so that previous channels we had are unavailable and now the most recent issue with the Nick Jr app, Verizon is looking even better.
When should we expect to know if Comcast is going to renew their contract?
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats