Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
New Visitor

National Geographic Channel?

Has anyone else lost the National Geographic channel from their lineup? I had it one day, the next day it was gone, without any warning. Allegedly, it's only part of the Preferred package now, and I have the Starter package. Ugh. I'm getting so sick of Comcast. Maybe it's time to try AT&T's Uverse.

Posted by
Regular Problem Solver
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Communication is Key. Way to go, keep it up. Congrats on 100 Replies!

Re: National Geographic Channel?

If your tv is connected directly to the cable try rescanning.  The channel may have been moved.  If you have a cable box try browsing thru the guide.  If you don't see it try resetting the box.

Posted by
Cable Expert

National Geographic isn't included in the Digital Starter package in Seattle, so I would imagine the same is true where you live -- which would explain why you aren't getting it.
Posted by
New Visitor

Right, that's what I wrote above.  I'm in Houston, but I've had the Starter package for 3 years, with the National Geographic channel, and then one day, poof... it's gone.
Posted by
Cable Expert

Then it is what it is.