Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NHL Centre Ice Just Switched To Spanish Audio

ANSWERED
Contributor

NHL Centre Ice Just Switched To Spanish Audio

Does Comcast control the audio or does someone else? Would love to have the English broadcast.

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL Centre Ice Just Switched To Spanish Audio

I am seeing the Hawks game in Spanish also. I have to flip to the panthers feed which I want to watch the Chicago feed. Of course the sd version has pat foley feed. Amazing. Come on comcast
View answer in context
Contributor

Looks like it’s just the Blackhawks feed. Someone in Chicago jacked it up.

Frequent Visitor

I am seeing the Hawks game in Spanish also. I have to flip to the panthers feed which I want to watch the Chicago feed. Of course the sd version has pat foley feed. Amazing. Come on comcast
Contributor

Looks like the Spanish audio is from WOJO in Chicago. Funny thing is, the pregame and between periods is the normal broadcast but when they switch to game action, it’s in Spanish.

not sure if it’s NBC Sports Chicago or Center Ice or Comcast.

Contributor

I tweeted all of this info at NBC Sports but no reply.

Official Employee

Thanks for reaching out, billthebrewer. I do see a few signal issues occurring on your line that is affecting service for your cable box. Please let me know if the audio language issue resurfaces so I can take a look. Meanwhile, I would like to attempt to correct those signal issues on my end. Let me know when I can send a signal to your X1 box. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This is happening on the blackhawks feed.  it is in Spanish.  I don't understand why Comcast can't get hockey games correct!!!!!

Contributor

Yep, same for me. I tweeted to Comcast cares but I don’t expect to hear back.

Contributor

Happening again. I also cannot access the SD channels. Error code XRE-03121. Says there seems to be a problem.

New Poster

Same problem here in FL! This is not the first time I have called about this, they are looking into it. Sounds like they are trying to say its Chicago broadcasting in soanish. This is crazy paying extra and cant watch in hd. Sd feed works but paying for hd! Hoping to get a reply.
Contributor

That feed is the Blackhawks Spanish radio feed. It could also be the SAP audio but it’s definicely not the the normal broadcast team. The thing is, the pre and between periods stuff is the normal broadcast.

second time I have seen this. It’s someone either in the broadcast truck forwarding the wrong audio feed or someone at Comcast getting the feed and not syncing the right audio.

Frequent Visitor

I never had this issue on Directtv.  The entire center ice experience is a pain on comcast. 

Contributor

Spanish feed yet again. This really is not acceptable. How do we get this fixed, Comcast?

New Poster

Same thing. This is ridiculous. We pay for it and we can't even get it in he with the english broadcasting.
Contributor

I’m chatting with someone in support right now. Normal stuff that doesn’t help.

Frequent Visitor

Same thing here...this is the most moronic thing and no one seems to care.  Just amazing.  Keeps happening and no one even tries to reach out or fix it.

Just going to go back to directtv after this season

New Poster

I talked to customer service and it was the same run around as usual. 20 minutes later and still nothing. The rep had no clue what I was talking about either.
Contributor

Yeah kinda seems like we will have to watch the Peg feed. For info, I am getting English now during between periods stuff. Just game action is Spanish.

Contributor

The guy I am chatting with is trying but it’s not working. He keeps saying that perhaps the main broadcast is in Spanish. 😀

Contributor

He says all the audio is fine

Contributor

Been chatting for over an hour. Guy tried to help but no luck. I will ask for a refund tomorrow and get the NHL.com package for much cheaper. 

Frequent Visitor

I just got off the phone with them. After being transferred a few times because no one understands what center ice is I got a guy who calibrated it (whatever) and it didn't work of course so there is an engineer coming out tomorrow. Not sure what that will do since other people have the problem so it isn't specific to my install and the feed is in Spanish but what do I know
New Poster

Still waiting for an answer from Comcast on this issue. Nobody seems to know whats wrong. Need to get this resolved Comcast!!
Contributor

They tried to send a tech out to me but I declined. Since others have the same issue, it’s not me.  BTW where are you located? I’m in Houston, TX

Contributor

Just clicked over to English for the between periods discussion. 

Contributor

And boom,there is the Spanish feed!

Frequent Visitor

I am in Denver. I figured I would let the tech come out just to go through the process. It obviously won't make a difference. I flip games on every night almost and only run into this on the Chicago feed
Contributor

Good luck with the visit. Good to know it’s not a regional thing. Comcast has to get their trash together! Very disappointing!

Frequent Visitor

It really is. For the most part I don't care about the feed but the one team I care about and want to listen to Foley call the game we get in Spanish! And calling Comcast and explaining there isn't a channel "number" is so frustrating
Contributor

100% agree. The chat guy suggested that the main feed was in Spanish. Hahaha!

Frequent Visitor

Yep same here and the he wanted me to check the tv settings when every other channel is in English!
Contributor

Was going to DRV the moment in the broadcast where it switches over to Spanish but I forgot.

Frequent Visitor

You can't record with hd beta on comcast. You know 1970's technology!!!
Contributor

Did not know that. Dang!

Frequent Visitor

Well the tech just came out and of course couldn't do anything since it is a programming issue and not a hardware issue (I tried to tell them).  Well next time it happens, I will call again.  Would be nice if someone at Comcast could do something about this since we paid for it!

Contributor

that’s what I figured would happen. In thinking about this more, I think this only happens when NBC Sports Chicago has the broadcast rights. The last two times this happened, it was on NBC Sports. Also, I think it only happened when the Hawks are at home. Will pay more attention. But yesterday was a home game broadcast by NBC Sports Chicago.

i was trying to get the SD channels but due to the XRE-03121 error, I cannot. Called tech support and they said it was because it’s online only! Lol! Tech is coming out on Tuesday.

Contributor

Game is on NBC Sports in Chicago tonight so I am expecting the feed to be jacked up again.

Contributor

Wow, it’s the normal English broadcast! Awesome!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation