Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,763,662

members

15

online now

1,919,108

discussions

Back to Top

NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Will Comcast / Xfinity have the NHL Center Ice Package available for the upcoming 2017/2018 Season?  How much will it cost?

Thanks,

S

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Found this today.

https://www.xfinity.com/sports/nhl/center-ice.html

The price is $146.28, split up into four payments of $36.57.

The page includes aa "Add Now" button.

S

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Also curious when we will be able to order this.

How long until we can expect an answer to this question?

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Regular Visitor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Equally important is whether ALL the games will be boadcast in HD this year. 

 

Addition:  I've since learned We'll be getting all games in HD via beta program similar to MLB.

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

When will the NHL package be available?
Tags (3)
New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

I tried asking via the support chat and was told to check back next week. I feel like someone should know when it is available but I guess not. 

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Found this today.

https://www.xfinity.com/sports/nhl/center-ice.html

The price is $146.28, split up into four payments of $36.57.

The page includes aa "Add Now" button.

S

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

How do you know what games are televised & when?  I'm in Northeastern PA, and a Rangers, not a flyers, fan.  Comcast will not carry MSG in this market, although DirecTV did.  Anyone see a schedule for center ice yet?

Thanks, Chez

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Are all the games going to be HD?

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

There are a couple threads about the HD issue with this package. Still no answers from Comcast on this. It's crazy that there are still only a couple HD channels for this package. Watching hockey in SD in 2017 is pretty ridiculous.... Direct Tv has all the games (home and away broadcasts) in HD. I don't want to change, but it's sort of silly not to. 

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Does anyone know if you can watch Center Ice away from the home on a phone or tablet?

Valued Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


amandaplease50 wrote:

Does anyone know if you can watch Center Ice away from the home on a phone or tablet?


The answer is NO. Center Ice is not available via Internet device. However, NHL.tv is available. It's $139 for the season and allows you to watch both home AND away telecasts of all out-of-market games not televised by a national network. It's available for computer, tablet, smartphone and streaming devices such as Roku. On the computer, you can watch up to four games at once. Go to NHL.com for more information.

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

DirecTV's NHL Center Ice package for 2017-18 includes streaming access via NHL.tv. See DirecTV site: https://www.directv.com/sports/nhl

 

Why wouldn't Comcast's package also include that? 

Regular Visitor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Interesting.  Begin rant:  my wife just ordered NHL Center Ice tonight so I could watch the Rangers.  When I saw that the channel was SD, I was ticked.  I'm a recent transplant from NY and can't believe that Xfinity doesn't broadcast Center Ice in HD.  The SD picture quality is horrible, can't even make out the numbers on the jerseys on my 55" 4K TV.  How well does the beta version work, if you know.  Are all channels in HD or just a few?  I had to cancel Center Ice due to the horrible picture quality, part of my reason for doing it was because I was so ticked off to subscribe and then find the channel was SD.  Spent a good deal of time on their customer support online chat and the guy I was chatting with could not answer a simple question "is NHL Center Ice available in HD"?  He asked what channel I was watching and told me it is an SD channel.  I knew that, I wanted to know if there was an alternate HD channel and he couldn't tell me.  I should have know how poor their programming knowledge was the day I ordered the service in person.  I asked about NHL Center Ice and the rep didn't know about it, she never heard of it.  She looked it up and told me that it is a pay-per-view service, I have to pay for each game I watch.  I knew that wasn't the case.  I'm in Johnson City now and my house construction will begin in Kingsport soon.  Spectrum is the provider there and Center Ice is in HD, fortunately.  But by the time the house is done, the season will be almost over.   

Problem Solver

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

NO BETA

this week

SD on a 1080 tv looks terrible why would I buy a premium package with premium price for a second class item.

 

you're not doing yourselves any favors comcast by showing us center ice in Full SD in 2017.

 

Had you put on the Beta HD package maybe you could have swooned me at this point NAH

Regular Visitor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Pharrell, I would have thought that the agents I chatted with and spoke with would have mentioned the availability of the beta in HD next week but none did.  Now we'll see if HD broadcasts begin next week and how many games it will be.

Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

At the end of the season last year Beta rolled out and it was pretty successful.  You could click on the teams that were playing and everything was in HD.  It didn't have a devoted channel, so what I did was click on the teams I wanted to see and then used my "last" button to navigate between the games.  It's an extra step, but the last button will line up 10 shows (or in this case games).  It's an extra step or two but wrth it to have all HD.  Hope it launces next week like they said.

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

A week into the season, and my frustration with Center Ice via Comcast/Xfinity is immense.

I did not realize that the blackout range was so many hundreds of miles. I'm in northern Indiana, and can't watch Chicago - which at least makes some sense, and I finally found the local Chicago station that carried that game.

But the blackout extends to St. Louis, which leaves me completely out of luck - I'm nowhere NEAR any stations or packages that cover that market. And, tonight at least, Columbus is blacked out as well, despite nothing on the NHL site indicating I'm in the blackout range of that market.

The Stars and Red Wings start in 30 minutes, and something tells me that will be suddenly unavailable as well. It's maddening.

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

NHL TV the Rangers are not blacked out in Boston - I turn on Center ice tonight to watch the Rangers blues in my apartment just outside of Boston - it's blacked out this can't be real life
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


kcalccal wrote:

At the end of the season last year Beta rolled out and it was pretty successful.  You could click on the teams that were playing and everything was in HD.  It didn't have a devoted channel, so what I did was click on the teams I wanted to see and then used my "last" button to navigate between the games.  It's an extra step, but the last button will line up 10 shows (or in this case games).  It's an extra step or two but wrth it to have all HD.  Hope it launces next week like they said.


All - thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay.

I have been told that the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) is now operational and available for qualified customers. Qualified customers are XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service.

Thanks for your patience. Enjoy the games!

Details below:

NHL Center Ice HD Beta Trial

As part of the NHL Center Ice experience, we continue to trial a new NHL Center Ice feature.

XFINITY X1 customers with an NHL Center Ice subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will be able to watch all of the games in HD starting a week into the regular season.

We plan to launch the NHL Center Ice HD feature across the Comcast footprint in the future.

Please note that there is no additional charge for eligible customers and no action is required to receive this feature.

The NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) channel is the first NHL Center Ice listing in the X1 guide above the current NHL Center Ice SD channels.Or using the X1 voice remote control, hold down the blue microphone button and say "NHL Center Ice" and then select NHL Center Ice HD.

Note: At this time, the NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) listing will not be associated with a channel number because this feature is in trial. This means that customers will not see a channel number in the X1 guide and therefore cannot tune to this channel by entering a channel number, as one does not exist.

During the trial, the following functionality will not be supported on the new NHL Center Ice HD channel:

•Recording
•Pause

This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and are working to provide this functionality in the near future. Rewinding is now supported.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

I just checked.  GameHD1 still says blacked out (Pitt-Tampa tonight, I'm in Boston, so no blackout)  Also the Beta is not there.  Last year it was between NBALP and NHLCI

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


kcalccal wrote:

I just checked.  GameHD1 still says blacked out (Pitt-Tampa tonight, I'm in Boston, so no blackout)  Also the Beta is not there.  Last year it was between NBALP and NHLCI


Apologies. Let me look into the blackout situation now. What is the message that you seeing on GAME 1 HD?

 

Are you able to get to NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) using the X1 Voice Remote control? 

The NHL Center Ice HD (Beta) channel is the first NHL Center Ice listing in the X1 guide above the current NHL Center Ice SD channels.Or using the X1 voice remote control, hold down the blue microphone button and say "NHL Center Ice" and then select NHL Center Ice HD.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

"This program is required to be blacked out in your local market on this channel"

When i use the voice command for beta, that brings me to all the teams like last year, but when I click on a team it exits me from the system, whereas last year it would bring me to that team's schedule

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


kcalccal wrote:

"This program is required to be blacked out in your local market on this channel"

When i use the voice command for beta, that brings me to all the teams like last year, but when I click on a team it exits me from the system, whereas last year it would bring me to that team's schedule


Thanks for the additional information. Checking on the above now. Thanks for your patience.   




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


Sneeze7x wrote:

A week into the season, and my frustration with Center Ice via Comcast/Xfinity is immense.

I did not realize that the blackout range was so many hundreds of miles. I'm in northern Indiana, and can't watch Chicago - which at least makes some sense, and I finally found the local Chicago station that carried that game.

But the blackout extends to St. Louis, which leaves me completely out of luck - I'm nowhere NEAR any stations or packages that cover that market. And, tonight at least, Columbus is blacked out as well, despite nothing on the NHL site indicating I'm in the blackout range of that market.

The Stars and Red Wings start in 30 minutes, and something tells me that will be suddenly unavailable as well. It's maddening.


Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am looking into the NHL Center Ice blackout situation now for your area of Indiana. Glad that you were able to locate the Chicago games.  

 

Some of the teams have wide and overlapping coverage areas. But I will confirm and verify! Thanks for your patience.

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


Pardog wrote:
NHL TV the Rangers are not blacked out in Boston - I turn on Center ice tonight to watch the Rangers blues in my apartment just outside of Boston - it's blacked out this can't be real life

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am looking into the NHL Center Ice blackout situation now for your area of Massachusetts  

Thanks for your patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

ComcastTeds, I appreciate you looking into this. I'm not sure I have the same issue (blackouts); however, after the "free preview," we haven't seen the games. The Center Ice package has been on our account for several years, and each of us have received at least two emails informing us that Center Ice has been added for 2017 and that payment will be in the form it was last year--in our case, four installments.

The first pic is what was showing last night while attempting to see a game (it's still that way). It shows on all of the channels for Center Ice except for the Beta HD which shows the second pic. We don't care about the HD right now, just getting the Center Ice.  centerice.jpgHD.jpg

 

I suppose I could call, but EVERY TIME I call about changing something, or, as last year when Comcast put MBA on our account without any word from us, my account gets so messed up that it takes months of phone calls to deal with it. I'm hoping this will avoid the headache. 

TIA.

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


ritchea wrote:

ComcastTeds, I appreciate you looking into this. I'm not sure I have the same issue (blackouts); however, after the "free preview," we haven't seen the games. The Center Ice package has been on our account for several years, and each of us have received at least two emails informing us that Center Ice has been added for 2017 and that payment will be in the form it was last year--in our case, four installments.

The first pic is what was showing last night while attempting to see a game (it's still that way). It shows on all of the channels for Center Ice except for the Beta HD which shows the second pic. We don't care about the HD right now, just getting the Center Ice.  centerice.jpgHD.jpg

 

I suppose I could call, but EVERY TIME I call about changing something, or, as last year when Comcast put MBA on our account without any word from us, my account gets so messed up that it takes months of phone calls to deal with it. I'm hoping this will avoid the headache. 

TIA.


Thanks for the screen shots. The issue above is not directly related to NHL Center Ice but certainly is impacting NHL Center Ice. Let me get the right people on this to take a look and get this resolved for you. Thanks for your patience.   




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Thanks, ComcastTeds. Yes, I just saw info in another thread where the msg was for Starz.
Regular Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

I suppose ComcastTeds had support call me. Thank you for that. After 1:15 on the phone going all the way to Level 3, I ended up at billing. Guess what? The code for Center Ice has changed, but the auto-renew people (at least some of us) didn't get the new code applied "automatically" so we didn't get the subscription, automatically. If anyone has this issue (Center Ice), maybe you can save yourself a lot of time by calling Billing directly and requesting the correct coding be applied. Jeez, even when it's automatic, Comcast billing screws it up! To quote another "alternate" fact from the Xfinity team, "The first puck of the 2017/2018 NHL season drops on October 4th, and you're all set to catch every minute of the action." 

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


ritchea wrote:

I suppose ComcastTeds had support call me. Thank you for that. After 1:15 on the phone going all the way to Level 3, I ended up at billing. Guess what? The code for Center Ice has changed, but the auto-renew people (at least some of us) didn't get the new code applied "automatically" so we didn't get the subscription, automatically. If anyone has this issue (Center Ice), maybe you can save yourself a lot of time by calling Billing directly and requesting the correct coding be applied. Jeez, even when it's automatic, Comcast billing screws it up! To quote another "alternate" fact from the Xfinity team, "The first puck of the 2017/2018 NHL season drops on October 4th, and you're all set to catch every minute of the action." 


Apologies. Glad to hear that this is now working for you. I will make this right with some credit on your account. The team is working through the impacted accounts now to correct any other accounts that are in this state.   




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

ComcastTeds, I apologize because it seems you read sarcasm into my "thanks." I was sincerely thanking you because I didn't have to play around with the system --probably saved me at least 15 minutes and maybe even more calls. Yes, it was frustrating, but I truly appreciated your help and especially that it was so immediate. 

EDIT after receiving my change of service invoice:

You want to credit my account? Please see (#8) just how much this code change cost me. 

Regular Visitor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

I'm a new Comcast customer being a recent transplant from Long Island to Johnson City, TN.  I have to say that I have never seen such poor customer support and service.  When I first subscribed to NHL Center Ice and saw that the broadcast was in SD, I went to the online chat support immediately.  It was like pulling teeth to get a simple answer to a simple question.  It took far too long to have my simple question "is NHL Center Ice available in HD?" answered.  I guess it was my mistake in the first place to assume that it would be in HD when I subscribed but it's 2017, it should be in HD.  After the frustratingchat session I called customer service to speak with an agent and have NHL Center Ice taken off my account and get a credit.  I was assured that I would be credited.  Five days later, no credit.  I called a second time and was assured it would be taken care of.  No such luck.  I made the crazy decision to contact the online chat and try to take car of it that way.  The person I Was chatting with said he was able to stop the service, which he did, but he could not give me credit.  He informed me that I'd have to contact the Retention Department to get a credit.  Retention department? That's ridiculous.  I called customer service a third time and finally got the credit.  This has been one fo the most frustrating customer service experiences I have ever had.  The chat service is useless and two of three agents did not give me the credit they assured me I would get.  I bought myself a mew Roku and subscribed to NHL.com and it works very well, a good HD broadcast.  As a result of the poor customer service. I've signed up with a streaming service and am officially cutting the chord next week.  I should have known how bad the customer support was when I first opened my account and picked up my equipment.  I asked about NHL Center Ice and the rep said she didn't know what it was.  She checked and then told me it was a py-per-view service, I'd have to pay for each game I watch.  That was a bad omen.  I have no choice but to use Comcast for internet so they still get some of my money.     

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

I have been having issues with center ice the past few nights.  The channels just don't load and I eventually get an error message with the code XRE-03097, if I try streaming the channels online I just get a screen with vertical rainbow bars.   I got a letter and an email saying that the package would automatically be renewed this year, but noticed it was not on my bill.  I called and made sure that I was signed up for the package and apperantly wasn't automatically renewed.  The agent tried signing me up, but it's still not working.  I spent close to three hours on the phone tonight with different techs and the issue is still not resolved.

New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

 I have been having the same issue. None of the Center Ice channels load so I contacted online support and dealt with them for three days and still no service. Last night after talking to advanced support Xfinity sent a repair person out and he rebooted my box several times and talked to various people at Xfinity. He finally talked to a supervisor that informed him the satellite is out of alignment and that they are working on it. The tech or supervisor could not give me a time when it would be fixed so here I am not able to watch any games unless they are on NBCSN or FSN which are few and far between. I live in eastern TN if that makes a difference.

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


ritchea wrote:

ComcastTeds, I apologize because it seems you read sarcasm into my "thanks." I was sincerely thanking you because I didn't have to play around with the system --probably saved me at least 15 minutes and maybe even more calls. Yes, it was frustrating, but I truly appreciated your help and especially that it was so immediate. 

EDIT after receiving my change of service invoice:

You want to credit my account? Please see (#8) just how much this code change cost me. 


Apologies, we will take care of this and make this right on the next monthly statement. Thanks for your patience. . 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


ntotrr wrote:

I'm a new Comcast customer being a recent transplant from Long Island to Johnson City, TN.  I have to say that I have never seen such poor customer support and service.  When I first subscribed to NHL Center Ice and saw that the broadcast was in SD, I went to the online chat support immediately.  It was like pulling teeth to get a simple answer to a simple question.  It took far too long to have my simple question "is NHL Center Ice available in HD?" answered.  I guess it was my mistake in the first place to assume that it would be in HD when I subscribed but it's 2017, it should be in HD.  After the frustratingchat session I called customer service to speak with an agent and have NHL Center Ice taken off my account and get a credit.  I was assured that I would be credited.  Five days later, no credit.  I called a second time and was assured it would be taken care of.  No such luck.  I made the crazy decision to contact the online chat and try to take car of it that way.  The person I Was chatting with said he was able to stop the service, which he did, but he could not give me credit.  He informed me that I'd have to contact the Retention Department to get a credit.  Retention department? That's ridiculous.  I called customer service a third time and finally got the credit.  This has been one fo the most frustrating customer service experiences I have ever had.  The chat service is useless and two of three agents did not give me the credit they assured me I would get.  I bought myself a mew Roku and subscribed to NHL.com and it works very well, a good HD broadcast.  As a result of the poor customer service. I've signed up with a streaming service and am officially cutting the chord next week.  I should have known how bad the customer support was when I first opened my account and picked up my equipment.  I asked about NHL Center Ice and the rep said she didn't know what it was.  She checked and then told me it was a py-per-view service, I'd have to pay for each game I watch.  That was a bad omen.  I have no choice but to use Comcast for internet so they still get some of my money.     


Apologies for the issue and the experience that we put you through. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


JBMiller wrote:

I have been having issues with center ice the past few nights.  The channels just don't load and I eventually get an error message with the code XRE-03097, if I try streaming the channels online I just get a screen with vertical rainbow bars.   I got a letter and an email saying that the package would automatically be renewed this year, but noticed it was not on my bill.  I called and made sure that I was signed up for the package and apperantly wasn't automatically renewed.  The agent tried signing me up, but it's still not working.  I spent close to three hours on the phone tonight with different techs and the issue is still not resolved.


Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked our local team to review, contact you directly  and work to make this right. Thanks for your patience. 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


Stalkr wrote:

 I have been having the same issue. None of the Center Ice channels load so I contacted online support and dealt with them for three days and still no service. Last night after talking to advanced support Xfinity sent a repair person out and he rebooted my box several times and talked to various people at Xfinity. He finally talked to a supervisor that informed him the satellite is out of alignment and that they are working on it. The tech or supervisor could not give me a time when it would be fixed so here I am not able to watch any games unless they are on NBCSN or FSN which are few and far between. I live in eastern TN if that makes a difference.


Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked our local team to review, contact you directly and work to make this right. Thanks for your patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

I have the same issue and still have not gotton any resolution .

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


Cspan1 wrote:

I have the same issue and still have not gotton any resolution .


Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked our local team to review, contact you directly and work to make this right. Thanks for your patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

The support level in this forum from ComcastTeds and his coworkers is exemplary.  It goes far beyond the posts in this forum.  It has restored a huge level of confidence.

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


ntotrr wrote:

The support level in this forum from ComcastTeds and his coworkers is exemplary.  It goes far beyond the posts in this forum.  It has restored a huge level of confidence.


Glad to assist and thanks for your kind words. I have shared your feedback with the many Comcast team members from across the company and across the country that work in our forums to identify and address issues as well as escalate larger issues to the right teams. Your words are very much appreciated.

 

Thanks for being a Comcast customer and enjoy the hockey!   




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Ted, 

 

im having the same issue with the HD beta. XRE 03090 error message. What do I need to tell billing to correct this issue. All other channels work, just not the HD feeds. Is the beta feed working for individual teams HD feeds?

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


IceQueenSunday wrote:

Ted, 

 

im having the same issue with the HD beta. XRE 03090 error message. What do I need to tell billing to correct this issue. All other channels work, just not the HD feeds. Is the beta feed working for individual teams HD feeds?


Apologies. Taking a look now at your account and that error code. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


IceQueenSunday wrote:

Ted, 

 

im having the same issue with the HD beta. XRE 03090 error message. What do I need to tell billing to correct this issue. All other channels work, just not the HD feeds. Is the beta feed working for individual teams HD feeds?


Apologies. I believe I see the issue. The HD Technology fee is required in order to view HD channels and streams. I don't currently see the HD Technology fee listed on your account.  




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018

Hello-

 

Like many others, I was signed up for auto-renew for the NHL Center Ice package.  Even received an email from Comcast that I was all set to watch the first puck drop Oct. 4 and not miss any action.  Unfortunately it took until tonight (10/30) to get my package activated.  Even though I have missed nearly 4 weeks of a premium service and I had gotten email confirmation of my subscription, the agent I finally got to activate my service insisted I had to pay the full package price.  Not happy at all as the sanfu is all on Comcast's end.  Not happy.

 

-jwk

Official Employee

Re: NHL Center Ice Package for 2017/2018


jkampf wrote:

Hello-

 

Like many others, I was signed up for auto-renew for the NHL Center Ice package.  Even received an email from Comcast that I was all set to watch the first puck drop Oct. 4 and not miss any action.  Unfortunately it took until tonight (10/30) to get my package activated.  Even though I have missed nearly 4 weeks of a premium service and I had gotten email confirmation of my subscription, the agent I finally got to activate my service insisted I had to pay the full package price.  Not happy at all as the sanfu is all on Comcast's end.  Not happy.

 

-jwk


Apologies for the issue and experience that you described above. We have placed some credit on your account for the experience. Enjoy the hockey.  




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon