discussions

NFL RedZone Information

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Official Employee

NFL RedZone Information

NFL-carousel white logo.png

UPDATED: 09-08-17

Huddle up! Every Sunday during the NFL regular season, NFL RedZone provides commercial-free, live coverage of the most exciting moments from around the league as they happen. Watch NFL RedZone in high-definition (if your package includes HD).

Start watching NFL RedZone if you have the Sports Entertainment package. To check if you are currently subscribed to the Sports & Entertainment package, log into your Xfinity account at xfinity.com/myaccount. Once logged in, click on the TV tab and you will be able to see what television package you are currently subscribed to. There is no freeview window planned at this time.

If you would like to upgrade to the Sports Entertainment package to ensure you don’t miss out on any of the RedZone action or if you already subscribe to the Sports & Entertainment Package, and are having difficulty viewing the NFL RedZone channel, please contact us here.

To get schedules, watch videos, and learn more about NFL RedZone visit:  www.xfinity.com/nfl.

FAQ

Q: Can I stream Redzone?

A: You can stream RedZone from our XFINITY Stream App or through My Account. At this time you are not able to authenticate your XFINITY services via the NFL RedZone App. Additionally, RedZone streaming only works within your home network. RedZone is not available for out of home streaming. 

Q: Can I stream RedZone if I'm connected to an Xfinity Hotspot. 

A: The Xfinity Wifi Hotspot is not recognized as part of your in home network so you will need to connect to your home network in order to stream RedZone. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Accepted Solution

Re: NFL RedZone Information

FAQ

A: You can stream RedZone from our XFINITY Stream App or through My Account. At this time you are not able to authenticate your XFINITY services via the NFL RedZone App. Additionally, RedZone streaming only works within your home network. RedZone is not available for out of home streaming. 

A: The Xfinity Wifi Hotspot is not recognized as part of your in home network so you will need to connect to your home network in order to stream RedZone. 

View answer in context
New Poster

Why did comcast decide not to give it's  customers the free preview of redzone

Frequent Visitor

Why is NFL Red Zone still not available to watch online with Comcast?

New Poster

Why is NFL RedZone not broadcasting? I pay for the service, but when I change to the channel I get a message with Ref Code S0a00. When searching the site for that Ref Code, I do not get any search results. What does the code mean and how can I get RedZone to work?

Frequent Visitor

I have the X1 Premier Triple Play Package have had it for 3 years. have watched NFL Redzone every year but now you want me to pay more money for a sports package. I just looked at the listings of the channels that come with the digital preimier ,NFL Redzone is listed on your website as part of my package.and I just saw on TV a commercial for Xfinity to switch to the X1 Triple Play and get NFL Redzone. so is new customers getting redzone for free and making the rest of us pay for services we supposility already suppose to have. I feel like Comcast is breaking its agreement with me by false advertising things they are not providing,

New Poster

Hopefully someone can help here as you state if you are having trouble difficulty viewing the RedZone channel to contact you here.

I have subscribed to the Sports Entertainment Package for quite some time and am still subscribed.  I received new X1 boxes and installed them on Monday as part of a "mandatory" upgrade.  After the boxes were installed I checked my channels and all appeared good to go including the Red Zone Channel as I was able to view the channel and the screen was showing that the Red Zone Channel is currently "off air" and not currently broadcasting, etc as it typically does other than on Sunday's from 1:00 to 8:00 PM.

Today, i go to watch the Red Zone Channel and am receiving an error message stating, "subscribe to NFLRD, included with subscription.  To Watch this program, you'll need to add this channel to your lineup.  Please go to xfinity.com and select "My Account" to update your services".

Then, I spent about 45 minuteswith an online chat tech who was more concerned with trying to make sure my box was updated and refreshed, when I had already told hiim it is doing this on all the boxes in my house.  After 45 minutes he basically told me I just needed to "wait an hour and it will show up".  

Well, of course it didn't.  After that I spent a little over 30 minutes on hold on the phone to then speak to a phone customer service rep who told me there was an "outage" with the Red Zone Channel in my area and it should be back on at about 5:30 (this was at 3:30).  Well, it is 9:30 and the channel is still not available and showing the same error message I noted earlier.

I am  more than a slight bit irrated at what is going on.  Can someone help so I can view this channel again.  Thank You!

Gold Problem Solver

meganghansen wrote: Why is NFL RedZone not broadcasting? I pay for the service, but when I change to the channel I get a message with Ref Code S0a00. ...

Ref code S0a00 is described at https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/getting-error-code-s0a00/ . What that page doesn't tell you is that the most common reasons for a cable box to "lose its activation" is either an error at Comcast, or because the signal for the channel is too weak or too noisy at the box.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.xfinity.com/spp/, about $6/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

For additional information please see Pixelation, video and audio dropouts, One Moment Please S0a00 messages.

New Poster

When is Comcast/Xfinity planning to offer online access to NFL Network and Redzone? It appears that every other cable system in the country has this relationship, but not comcast. It is pure frustration to have to pay so much money per month to view these channels, but you can only view them at home and not online or through an app.

New Poster

You can view RedZone online via tv.xfinity.com I did it this past Sunday when I was unable to view the channel on my TV.  Not sure about access via any Apps though.  

New Poster

NFL RedZone Online

Why is NFL RedZone Online still not available for Comcast/Xfinity, but it is available for EVERY other cable provider?

Official Employee

Re: NFL RedZone Online

Hi @tuono3321

Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL RedZone channel to offer access to their programming and coverage online or via your mobile device. I apologize for any inconvenience. We constantly evaluate content availability for our customers.

Please feel free to submit a feedback form here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

NFL Redzone

There's a longer story to this but here's the basics:

Reupped on a 2-year term agreement with Comcast in March with the assurance from the customer service rep "i would be getting every channel I had gotten before"

Discovered in the past few days, RedZone was not working, ironically a channel i had gotten before.

Whoops

Please for the love of God tell me you will keep your word Comcast and not make me pay $9.99 for a month for the "SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE" for one channel i want that airs 7 hours a week four months a year.

New Poster

NFL Redzone

When I signed up with Xfinity in April my channel lineup included Redzone. When I tune to the Redzone channel it states that it is included in my subscription but it does not open. 

What do I need to do in order to get this channel in my lineup and update the service?

New Poster

Re: NFL Redzone

Instructions on how to add NFL Redzone to my line up is sadly insufficient. How do I reslove this?  

Official Employee

Call in and add Sports and Entertainment package

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

It's Sunday and we can't get through on the phone or through my account to turn on RedZone. Very disappointed that you are not sticking to the contract we agreed to when I signed up for xfinity. We had Verizon for 15 years. Xfinity is in trouble if they ever find a way into this market. It is included in my channel line up. How do I turn it on?

New Poster

So, the only way to get RedZone is to pay more for the sports package? My original contract didn't say that.

New Poster

nfl redzone

I ordered nfl redzone and the sports package yesterday and now when i'm trying to watch redzone, it is saying that my subscription is still being updated... how long will this last for?

New Poster

yeah, I've had it for years, and now all of a sudden, it's not available with my package. And of course with the hurricane can't seem to get anyone on the phone or on-line chat. Just ridiculous

New Poster

New Poster

Re: nfl redzone

I've always had the sports package and I get this one trying to watch todayI've always had the sports package and I get this one trying to watch today

New Poster

We've had Comcast for five years. We just moved, and I thought we had RedZone, but it didn't work today. Neither did the Xfinity website when I tried to buy it online. I called Xfinity and was on hold for nearly two hours before I hung up. I've never had so much difficulty trying to give a company my money. This is ridiculous. Contact me to help ASAP.

New Poster

NFL Redzone

How do I get the redzone channel? I have had it for several years with the sports and entertainment package and today I discovered that it does not work as my package is currently configured. What to do now?

Tags (3)

FAQ

A: You can stream RedZone from our XFINITY Stream App or through My Account. At this time you are not able to authenticate your XFINITY services via the NFL RedZone App. Additionally, RedZone streaming only works within your home network. RedZone is not available for out of home streaming. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ggrm wrote:

Why is NFL Red Zone still not available to watch online with Comcast?

If I'm not mistaken, I think they want an extra $10 a month for it now.

Contributor

Re: NFL RedZone Online

tuono3321 wrote:

Why is NFL RedZone Online still not available for Comcast/Xfinity, but it is available for EVERY other cable provider?

I believe they want an extra $10 for Red Zone now

New Poster

I am getting the following message. But there does not appear to be an action I can take when I login to my account.

Included with subscription

To watch this program, you need to add this channel to your lineup. Please go to xfinity.com and select My Account to update your services.

Regular Visitor

When I add the sports package to my subscription to get Redzone website says:

..... please review your new monthly charges below. 
These will take effect after canceling XFINITY Instant TV.

What does the "cancelling Instant TV" do? As for as I know I dont have it, just a regular Digital Premier package.

New Poster

So you give me a discount on this crappy security system but take away the the red zone channel to off set discount. Not happy!