Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing The End of Football Games

Frequent Visitor

Missing The End of Football Games

In the last week, I missed the end of two of the greatest football games ever: Yesterday's Vikings-Saints game and on 1/8/18, the ending of the Alabama/Georgia game. In both cases the dvr recording options were set up to "automatically extend if the game went longer."  How can I prevent this from happening in the future? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Missing The End of Football Games

I assume that is an X1 feature. I also have to assume that means the network can pass on an overlong game to guide data providers like Gracenote that then pass it on to Comcast. If they don't pass that info on, then the box will never know to extend.

Does X1 offer a manual way to set a recording to run over? I know non-X1 can do that.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, but it "automatoically extends the program" I can't turn that feature off. 

Frequent Visitor

Redboard295, I think the safest thing to do is to go into the Guide and always record enough shows after a game to give enough padding. However, I've seen this mess up because you and Auto Extend end up double recording a show sometimes and they don't always handle that right. Likewise you can always from the Record Options window that comes up set a game's Stop Time to 1 1/2 hours late, but that may have the same issue (and may not provide enough padding time, e.g. for MLB rain delays/extra innings or NHL playoffs multi-overtimes). I agree with you totally that you can't turn the feature off, but should be able to when it can't be relied upon to work correctly.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation