members

online now

discussions

March Madness on XFINITY

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1 of 4

**UPDATE 03/15/2017**

This year, Xfinity has its customers covered with multiple ways to watch and experience one of the greatest annual sporting events. From special features on X1 to live streaming at home or on-the-go, we’re giving our customers an unparalleled view of this year’s tournament.

In The Home: 

Launch the Xfinity Stream app and web portal in the house to live stream ANY game airing on CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV on tablets, phones, or laptops – a great option for households with diverse viewing habits.

Set a DVR recording (with auto-extend) and catch up later … then watch back on the TV or stream or download those recordings on a device with the Xfinity Stream app and portal.

Xfinity On Demand also offers Game of the Day replays, regional recaps and game highlights for viewers who want to catch up or relive great moments.

Access NCAAB Extras on the XFINITY X1 Sports App:

The Sports app with XFINITY X1 now offers NCAAB Extras, a visual representation of NCAAB stats and analysis that includes:

• A pregame experience that helps you find the most exciting games to watch
  • Live, play-by-play stats that you can watch alongside a game, including scoring leaders and players currently on the court
  • March Madness standings and playoff brackets
  • Postgame recaps of every game

NCAA.png

There are a few different ways to access the Sports app on X1. While watching full-screen TV (not using the guide), simply press the C button on your remote control.

You can also access the Sports app using the voice remote from XFINITY by pressing the microphone button and saying "sports."

Or take the following steps:

• Press the XFINITY button on your remote control.
  • Using the right arrow button, scroll to highlight Apps. Press the OK button.
  • Using the right arrow button, scroll to highlight Sports. Press the OK button.
  • The app will launch on the right-hand side of the screen. You will still be able to view the current live TV channel on the left-hand side of the screen while viewing the scores of all games from earlier in the day, as well as games that are currently playing live. Use the up and down arrow buttons to highlight the NCAAB game you would like to learn more about, and press the OK button.
  • Use the right arrow button to highlight Extras, and press the OK button.
  • Use the right and left arrow buttons to cycle through previews, live coverage, statistics and post-game recaps.

Outside the Home:

Open the Xfinity Stream app and web portal to watch all of the games airing on TBS, TNT and truTV from any device.

March Madness Live:

The March Madness Live website (www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live) and mobile app are available to watch every game of the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament live now through the National Championship on Monday, April 3, 2017.

A free preview will grant March Madness Live users a three-hour, non-consecutive pass to watch the Tournament games without authenticating.

However, once the preview has concluded, XFINITY TV customers visiting March Madness Live must authenticate using their XFINITY username and password to watch games airing on TBS, TNT and truTV.

More details:

• Games airing on CBS are free and open to anyone.
    • CBS will carry the Final Four and Championship games
  • Automatic in-home authentication is enabled for customers who subscribe to both XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet.
  • Authentication for March Madness Live is available for Comcast customers on the following devices and platforms:

View the entire March Madness tournament schedule at http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracket-beat/2017-03-01/march-madness-2017-tournament-schedu....

For information about March Madness Live see here: http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/help

or via the More section of the mobile app. 

You can learn more about March Madness on Xfinity here: http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/march-madness-2017

MM.jpg

If you have any issues watching any of the NCAA March Madness Games, please let us know by replying to this thread.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
3 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 4

I can't watch Purdue on regular cable?  One more reason I'm wondering why I'm paying for it.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 4

Rogergrah wrote:

I can't watch Purdue on regular cable?  One more reason I'm wondering why I'm paying for it.

CBS has the rights to College Basketball, they choose what games are broadcast on what channels.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 4 of 4

(this thread should be unstickied as it's now out of date and just clogging up the top of the forum.)