Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

MTV.com, Spike.com and other channels no longer list xfinity/comcast as a provider

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

MTV.com, Spike.com and other channels no longer list xfinity/comcast as a provider

In 2017 I was able to go to a channel's website and log in with xfinity to access the programs.   Now in 2018, xfinity login on some channel's sites have disappeared.    I purchase a package that includes mtv, spike... why can I not access the content on their website anymore?

-Signed Currently forced to pay over $100 a month for tv and internet, because there is no lower option.

Accepted Solution

Re: MTV.com, Spike.com and other channels no longer list xfinity/comcast as a provider

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing. Our agreement with Viacom has not changed and continues to provide Xfinity TV customers with access to Viacom programming at home or on the go via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. While our agreement does not provide customers with access to Viacom’s programming on their owned apps and websites, until recently Viacom had been providing unauthorized access to users.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Re: MTV.com, Spike.com and other channels no longer list xfinity/comcast as a provider

Some networks want ISP's like Comcast to pay an access fee for EVERY channel subscriber, even if they never use the web site or app. I have noticed that Viacom channels have lost Xfinity access on all devices now. They used to authorize on my phone, but not even that works now. They never authorized on my Roku.

Service Expert

TheReason wrote:

In 2017 I was able to go to a channel's website and log in with xfinity to access the programs.   Now in 2018, xfinity login on some channel's sites have disappeared.    I purchase a package that includes mtv, spike... why can I not access the content on their website anymore?

-Signed Currently forced to pay over $100 a month for tv and internet, because there is no lower option.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites lists currently known sites you can use your Xfinity credentials. The third-party app entertainment providers decide access. It may be that these companies are demanding a payment to use their third-party app from Comcast or from you. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I lost 3 channels, 6 I guess if I included these 3. Took me two reps and about 40 min to downsize me to cable / internet and still have problems!
Service Expert

Anthony19701 wrote:
I lost 3 channels, 6 I guess if I included these 3. Took me two reps and about 40 min to downsize me to cable / internet and still have problems!

hi, did you check the link on the post that was just before yours? It has the current 3rd party apps that Comcast has been notified that work separately from the stream app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing. Our agreement with Viacom has not changed and continues to provide Xfinity TV customers with access to Viacom programming at home or on the go via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. While our agreement does not provide customers with access to Viacom’s programming on their owned apps and websites, until recently Viacom had been providing unauthorized access to users.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi, I understand that Viacom can control what we watch on their apps, but when I downloaded the Xfinity Stream app, YOUR app, and search VH1 and other Viacom shows, nothing came up. It's as if you guys have completely removed their channels as people stated above. How can you explain that?