discussions

MLB Extra Innings

SOLVED
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 51 of 66 (623 Views)

Re: MLB Extra Innings

scottspencer76 wrote:
The pricing is absurd for SD content. Much wiser to subscribe to MLB.tv streaming service for $118 and get all games HD, choice of Home or Away feed, highlights, condensed games, etc.

I like X1 a lot. But, $164 for unwatchable SD games is laughable. Don't know whose fault it is. But, anyone who pays for a Season Package through y'all is throwing away their money.

You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/td-p/2875571

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 52 of 66 (623 Views)

machado22 wrote:

you can say that again. recently i had to leave DTV and return to Comcast. i am not happy about this because

MLB EI on Comcast is pathetic. limited number of games in HD. they should be be available in HD.

why are they still not all available in HD? the price is absurd for the opportunity to watch 90% of the games

in SD.

i really hope in 2017 there are some serious upgrades on Comcast w/MLB EI or I just won't sign up for the service.

You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-15-2017 09:18 PM

Contributor

Message 53 of 66 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

JBH2727 wrote:

Comcast has 2 HD MLB Channels. The statement that no other provider offers HD for every team is wrong. I had Direct TV and they not only carry every game in HD, but offer you the choice of team feeds. I just switched over from Direct TV and I'm extremely upset that the Extra Innings Package is so lame. I'm locked into a 2 year contract, but I was duped, big time. 

You're absolutely right, I've had DirecTV's MLB-EI package for the last 6-7 years and they do carry all the games in HD, both and home away and in the last year of so the MLB.tv Premium streaming package comes free with the MLB-EI subscription. The only games you might not see are those from channels owned by the likes of Comcast such as the station the Phillies are on, although, most times you can see the game on the opposing team's channel.

Comcast, in contrast, is a complete joke when it comes to MLB-EI. Not only do almost all of their markets provide 2 channels only for all of the games on the schedule it's a complete crapshoot what those games will be, forget all about following your favorite team with Comcast's pathetic excuse of an MLB-EI package.

Th evidence is crystal clear, you want MLB-EI in all its glory, DirecTV is the answer. In fact, for most all things sports DirecTV is the far superior option.

I'm a subscriber of both services only activating my DirecTV account during the baseball season. In the past I would have liked nothing more than to be able to get the quality of product that I was getting from DirecTV, but now, since Comcast has butchered their picture by making all their cable net feeds 720p instead of leaving the 75% of the cablenets at their native resolution of 1080i, I could care less if Comcast ever carries all the games now. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 54 of 66 (501 Views)

ComcastZach wrote:

JBH2727 -- DirecTV does not carry all games in HD either. I had posted this previously per their 2016 add:

Catch up to 80 games a week, with up to 40 in HD

With MLB EXTRA INNINGS® you'll be able to follow your favorite team from opening day to October no matter where you live. You'll enjoy:

• Up to 80 games a week — up to 40 in HD*
  • Game Mix — see up to eight games on one screen or select any one of them to see full screen

I don't know where you got that information from but it's false. The below link is to the webpage for DirecTV's current 2017 MLB-EI package.

https://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?lpos=Header:3

Note that it says "Experience Major League Baseball® like never before with MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. You'll get almost 100 out-of-market games a week^, most of them available in crystal-clear HD*. When it comes to MLB®, DIRECTV has you covered." 

"100 out of market games a week, most of them in crystal-clear HD"

Comcast would have a very hard time covering even  25 OOM games per week.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 55 of 66 (460 Views)

KeenanSR wrote:

JBH2727 wrote:

Comcast has 2 HD MLB Channels. The statement that no other provider offers HD for every team is wrong. I had Direct TV and they not only carry every game in HD, but offer you the choice of team feeds. I just switched over from Direct TV and I'm extremely upset that the Extra Innings Package is so lame. I'm locked into a 2 year contract, but I was duped, big time. 

You're absolutely right, I've had DirecTV's MLB-EI package for the last 6-7 years and they do carry all the games in HD, both and home away and in the last year of so the MLB.tv Premium streaming package comes free with the MLB-EI subscription. The only games you might not see are those from channels owned by the likes of Comcast such as the station the Phillies are on, although, most times you can see the game on the opposing team's channel.

Comcast, in contrast, is a complete joke when it comes to MLB-EI. Not only do almost all of their markets provide 2 channels only for all of the games on the schedule it's a complete crapshoot what those games will be, forget all about following your favorite team with Comcast's pathetic excuse of an MLB-EI package.

Th evidence is crystal clear, you want MLB-EI in all its glory, DirecTV is the answer. In fact, for most all things sports DirecTV is the far superior option.

I'm a subscriber of both services only activating my DirecTV account during the baseball season. In the past I would have liked nothing more than to be able to get the quality of product that I was getting from DirecTV, but now, since Comcast has butchered their picture by making all their cable net feeds 720p instead of leaving the 75% of the cablenets at their native resolution of 1080i, I could care less if Comcast ever carries all the games now. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-16-2017 09:19 AM

Official Employee

Message 56 of 66 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]

KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

JBH2727 -- DirecTV does not carry all games in HD either. I had posted this previously per their 2016 add:

With MLB EXTRA INNINGS® you'll be able to follow your favorite team from opening day to October no matter where you live. You'll enjoy:

• Game Mix — see up to eight games on one screen or select any one of them to see full screen

I don't know where you got that information from but it's false. The below link is to the webpage for DirecTV's current 2017 MLB-EI package.

Note that it says "Experience Major League Baseball® like never before with MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. You'll get almost 100 out-of-market games a week^, most of them available in crystal-clear HD*. When it comes to MLB®, DIRECTV has you covered." 

The info referenced was from the 2016 season.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 57 of 66 (421 Views)

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

The info referenced was from the 2016 season.  

That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.

Highlighted
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-16-2017 03:17 PM

Official Employee

Message 58 of 66 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]

KeenanSR wrote:

That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.

Understood. ComcastZach posted the info about 2016 in 2016. The posting dates are on the left hand side of each post. The information was current when it was posted on April 4, 2016.    

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 59 of 66 (393 Views)

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

Understood. ComcastZach posted the info about 2016 in 2016. The posting dates are on the left hand side of each post. The information was current when it was posted on April 4, 2016.    

Okay, got it. Still, even when that info was posted(2016) it was wrong. It may have been what DirecTV had posted at their site but it was not what every subscriber to MLB-EI actually experienced, which was nearly every single game, both home and away feeds, being delivered in HD. I'm not aware of a single Comcast market that has that capacity. I believe Atlanta has 9 HD feeds, and possibly Chicago(?) has 6 or 7 HD feeds but most every other Comcast market has only 2 HD feeds allocated for MLB-EI. 

Since Comcast seems to be moving their sports packages(and probably all their video eventually ) to a streaming platform can we assume the top transmission format will be 720p?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 60 of 66 (339 Views)

Re: MLB Extra Innings 2017

It's already March 17, when exactly do we learn about Comcast's 2017 MLB pricing?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 61 of 66 (351 Views)

Chicago has 2 HD feeds

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 62 of 66 (326 Views)

KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

Okay, got it. Still, even when that info was posted(2016) it was wrong. It may have been what DirecTV had posted at their site but it was not what every subscriber to MLB-EI actually experienced, which was nearly every single game, both home and away feeds, being delivered in HD. I'm not aware of a single Comcast market that has that capacity. I believe Atlanta has 9 HD feeds, and possibly Chicago(?) has 6 or 7 HD feeds but most every other Comcast market has only 2 HD feeds allocated for MLB-EI. 

I can tell you that every single NHL Center Ice game is now available in HD in all Comcast households that have X1 (and also subscribe to NHL Center Ice). We expect to offer the same experience for MLB Extra Innings this season. More information to come very soon.

Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 63 of 66 (282 Views)

Will Comcast offer the MLB Extra Innings single game package for 2017? How about including the out-of-home MLB.tv streaming? 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 64 of 66 (279 Views)

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

I can tell you that every single NHL Center Ice game is now available in HD in all Comcast households that have X1 (and also subscribe to NHL Center Ice). We expect to offer the same experience for MLB Extra Innings this season. More information to come very soon.

Thanks for your patience. 

Home and away broadcasts? If Comcast can give me that with MLB-EI I might consider it, but if the stream is going to top out at 720p it would have to be at a cost less than the $165 posted above, I can get 1080p/60 streams with the $113 package from MLB.tv and it's viewable on a multitude of different platforms from TVs to cell phones. If is going to be 720p streaming your version will actually be inferior quality and more expensive to the MLB.tv package. 

Additionally, the requirement of the X1 is a non-starter for me, make it available on the Roku app and you might have something, but then again, the price will have to come way down to be a competitive option.

I'm interested, though, so I'll looking forward to future updates on it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 65 of 66 (241 Views)

ComcastTeds, I received a letter last year saying that because I was a MLB-EI subscriber in 2015, it would be automatically added to my service in 2016, and then when the trial ended in mid-April, I had to call to add it. Got the same letter this year. Will it be automatic?

Any idea when we'll see the ability to record, pause, and rewind? Without those features it's like going back to the 1980s.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 66 of 66 (207 Views)

I've been waiting for the pricing of 2017 EI as well.  I remember yearly Comcast gives you 2 weeks to try it out for free.  I may see how that works before deciding to go with Comcast or go with mlb.tv.   Right now mlb.tv sounds like the better deal. 

I see that some posters are saying you get an mlbtv account w/ EI Comast while others are saying you don't.  If you get an account with the subscription I would probably get it.  If you don't then I most likely won't.

If the competition is giving you MLB EI + MLB TV + All HD channels , Comcast really needs to step up and match that.