Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,744,625

members

67

online now

1,903,859

discussions

Back to Top

MLB Extra Innings

ANSWERED
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


scottspencer76 wrote:
The pricing is absurd for SD content. Much wiser to subscribe to MLB.tv streaming service for $118 and get all games HD, choice of Home or Away feed, highlights, condensed games, etc.

I like X1 a lot. But, $164 for unwatchable SD games is laughable. Don't know whose fault it is. But, anyone who pays for a Season Package through y'all is throwing away their money.

You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/td-p/2875571




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


machado22 wrote:

you can say that again. recently i had to leave DTV and return to Comcast. i am not happy about this because

MLB EI on Comcast is pathetic. limited number of games in HD. they should be be available in HD.

why are they still not all available in HD? the price is absurd for the opportunity to watch 90% of the games

in SD.

i really hope in 2017 there are some serious upgrades on Comcast w/MLB EI or I just won't sign up for the service.


You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/td-p/2875571




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


JBH2727 wrote:

Comcast has 2 HD MLB Channels. The statement that no other provider offers HD for every team is wrong. I had Direct TV and they not only carry every game in HD, but offer you the choice of team feeds. I just switched over from Direct TV and I'm extremely upset that the Extra Innings Package is so lame. I'm locked into a 2 year contract, but I was duped, big time. 


You're absolutely right, I've had DirecTV's MLB-EI package for the last 6-7 years and they do carry all the games in HD, both and home away and in the last year of so the MLB.tv Premium streaming package comes free with the MLB-EI subscription. The only games you might not see are those from channels owned by the likes of Comcast such as the station the Phillies are on, although, most times you can see the game on the opposing team's channel.

 

Comcast, in contrast, is a complete joke when it comes to MLB-EI. Not only do almost all of their markets provide 2 channels only for all of the games on the schedule it's a complete crapshoot what those games will be, forget all about following your favorite team with Comcast's pathetic excuse of an MLB-EI package.

 

Th evidence is crystal clear, you want MLB-EI in all its glory, DirecTV is the answer. In fact, for most all things sports DirecTV is the far superior option.

 

I'm a subscriber of both services only activating my DirecTV account during the baseball season. In the past I would have liked nothing more than to be able to get the quality of product that I was getting from DirecTV, but now, since Comcast has butchered their picture by making all their cable net feeds 720p instead of leaving the 75% of the cablenets at their native resolution of 1080i, I could care less if Comcast ever carries all the games now. 

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


ComcastZach wrote:

JBH2727 -- DirecTV does not carry all games in HD either. I had posted this previously per their 2016 add:

 

Catch up to 80 games a week, with up to 40 in HD

With MLB EXTRA INNINGS® you'll be able to follow your favorite team from opening day to October no matter where you live. You'll enjoy:

  • Up to 80 games a week — up to 40 in HD*
  • Game Mix — see up to eight games on one screen or select any one of them to see full screen

 

 


I don't know where you got that information from but it's false. The below link is to the webpage for DirecTV's current 2017 MLB-EI package.

 

https://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?lpos=Header:3

 

Note that it says "Experience Major League Baseball® like never before with MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. You'll get almost 100 out-of-market games a week^, most of them available in crystal-clear HD*. When it comes to MLB®, DIRECTV has you covered." 

 

"100 out of market games a week, most of them in crystal-clear HD"

 

Comcast would have a very hard time covering even  25 OOM games per week.

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


KeenanSR wrote:

JBH2727 wrote:

Comcast has 2 HD MLB Channels. The statement that no other provider offers HD for every team is wrong. I had Direct TV and they not only carry every game in HD, but offer you the choice of team feeds. I just switched over from Direct TV and I'm extremely upset that the Extra Innings Package is so lame. I'm locked into a 2 year contract, but I was duped, big time. 


You're absolutely right, I've had DirecTV's MLB-EI package for the last 6-7 years and they do carry all the games in HD, both and home away and in the last year of so the MLB.tv Premium streaming package comes free with the MLB-EI subscription. The only games you might not see are those from channels owned by the likes of Comcast such as the station the Phillies are on, although, most times you can see the game on the opposing team's channel.

 

Comcast, in contrast, is a complete joke when it comes to MLB-EI. Not only do almost all of their markets provide 2 channels only for all of the games on the schedule it's a complete crapshoot what those games will be, forget all about following your favorite team with Comcast's pathetic excuse of an MLB-EI package.

 

Th evidence is crystal clear, you want MLB-EI in all its glory, DirecTV is the answer. In fact, for most all things sports DirecTV is the far superior option.

 

I'm a subscriber of both services only activating my DirecTV account during the baseball season. In the past I would have liked nothing more than to be able to get the quality of product that I was getting from DirecTV, but now, since Comcast has butchered their picture by making all their cable net feeds 720p instead of leaving the 75% of the cablenets at their native resolution of 1080i, I could care less if Comcast ever carries all the games now. 


You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/td-p/2875571




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

JBH2727 -- DirecTV does not carry all games in HD either. I had posted this previously per their 2016 add:

 

Catch up to 80 games a week, with up to 40 in HD

With MLB EXTRA INNINGS® you'll be able to follow your favorite team from opening day to October no matter where you live. You'll enjoy:

  • Up to 80 games a week — up to 40 in HD*
  • Game Mix — see up to eight games on one screen or select any one of them to see full screen

 

 


I don't know where you got that information from but it's false. The below link is to the webpage for DirecTV's current 2017 MLB-EI package.

 

https://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?lpos=Header:3

 

Note that it says "Experience Major League Baseball® like never before with MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. You'll get almost 100 out-of-market games a week^, most of them available in crystal-clear HD*. When it comes to MLB®, DIRECTV has you covered." 

 

"100 out of market games a week, most of them in crystal-clear HD"

 

Comcast would have a very hard time covering even  25 OOM games per week.


The info referenced was from the 2016 season.  

 

You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/td-p/2875571




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

JBH2727 -- DirecTV does not carry all games in HD either. I had posted this previously per their 2016 add:

 

Catch up to 80 games a week, with up to 40 in HD

With MLB EXTRA INNINGS® you'll be able to follow your favorite team from opening day to October no matter where you live. You'll enjoy:

  • Up to 80 games a week — up to 40 in HD*
  • Game Mix — see up to eight games on one screen or select any one of them to see full screen

 

 


I don't know where you got that information from but it's false. The below link is to the webpage for DirecTV's current 2017 MLB-EI package.

 

https://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?lpos=Header:3

 

Note that it says "Experience Major League Baseball® like never before with MLB EXTRA INNINGS®. You'll get almost 100 out-of-market games a week^, most of them available in crystal-clear HD*. When it comes to MLB®, DIRECTV has you covered." 

 

"100 out of market games a week, most of them in crystal-clear HD"

 

Comcast would have a very hard time covering even  25 OOM games per week.


The info referenced was from the 2016 season.  

 

You should see an announcement from us soon regarding MLB Extra Innings games available in HD on our X1 platform, some details below on what is already working for NHL Center Ice:

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/NHL-Center-Ice-HD-Beta-Trial-X1/td-p/2875571


That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


KeenanSR wrote:


That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.


Understood. ComcastZach posted the info about 2016 in 2016. The posting dates are on the left hand side of each post. The information was current when it was posted on April 4, 2016.    




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:


That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.


Understood. ComcastZach posted the info about 2016 in 2016. The posting dates are on the left hand side of each post. The information was current when it was posted on April 4, 2016.    


Okay, got it. Still, even when that info was posted(2016) it was wrong. It may have been what DirecTV had posted at their site but it was not what every subscriber to MLB-EI actually experienced, which was nearly every single game, both home and away feeds, being delivered in HD. I'm not aware of a single Comcast market that has that capacity. I believe Atlanta has 9 HD feeds, and possibly Chicago(?) has 6 or 7 HD feeds but most every other Comcast market has only 2 HD feeds allocated for MLB-EI. 

 

Since Comcast seems to be moving their sports packages(and probably all their video eventually ) to a streaming platform can we assume the top transmission format will be 720p?

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings 2017

It's already March 17, when exactly do we learn about Comcast's 2017 MLB pricing?

Regular Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

Chicago has 2 HD feeds

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:


That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.


Understood. ComcastZach posted the info about 2016 in 2016. The posting dates are on the left hand side of each post. The information was current when it was posted on April 4, 2016.    


Okay, got it. Still, even when that info was posted(2016) it was wrong. It may have been what DirecTV had posted at their site but it was not what every subscriber to MLB-EI actually experienced, which was nearly every single game, both home and away feeds, being delivered in HD. I'm not aware of a single Comcast market that has that capacity. I believe Atlanta has 9 HD feeds, and possibly Chicago(?) has 6 or 7 HD feeds but most every other Comcast market has only 2 HD feeds allocated for MLB-EI. 

 

 


I can tell you that every single NHL Center Ice game is now available in HD in all Comcast households that have X1 (and also subscribe to NHL Center Ice). We expect to offer the same experience for MLB Extra Innings this season. More information to come very soon.

 

Thanks for your patience. 

 

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

Will Comcast offer the MLB Extra Innings single game package for 2017? How about including the out-of-home MLB.tv streaming? 

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

KeenanSR wrote:


That may be, but the info I referenced is for the current season, 2017, so your argument about how many games DirecTV will carry is invalid.


Understood. ComcastZach posted the info about 2016 in 2016. The posting dates are on the left hand side of each post. The information was current when it was posted on April 4, 2016.    


Okay, got it. Still, even when that info was posted(2016) it was wrong. It may have been what DirecTV had posted at their site but it was not what every subscriber to MLB-EI actually experienced, which was nearly every single game, both home and away feeds, being delivered in HD. I'm not aware of a single Comcast market that has that capacity. I believe Atlanta has 9 HD feeds, and possibly Chicago(?) has 6 or 7 HD feeds but most every other Comcast market has only 2 HD feeds allocated for MLB-EI. 

 

 


I can tell you that every single NHL Center Ice game is now available in HD in all Comcast households that have X1 (and also subscribe to NHL Center Ice). We expect to offer the same experience for MLB Extra Innings this season. More information to come very soon.

 

Thanks for your patience. 

 

 


Home and away broadcasts? If Comcast can give me that with MLB-EI I might consider it, but if the stream is going to top out at 720p it would have to be at a cost less than the $165 posted above, I can get 1080p/60 streams with the $113 package from MLB.tv and it's viewable on a multitude of different platforms from TVs to cell phones. If is going to be 720p streaming your version will actually be inferior quality and more expensive to the MLB.tv package. 

 

Additionally, the requirement of the X1 is a non-starter for me, make it available on the Roku app and you might have something, but then again, the price will have to come way down to be a competitive option.

 

I'm interested, though, so I'll looking forward to future updates on it.

Regular Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

ComcastTeds, I received a letter last year saying that because I was a MLB-EI subscriber in 2015, it would be automatically added to my service in 2016, and then when the trial ended in mid-April, I had to call to add it. Got the same letter this year. Will it be automatic?

Any idea when we'll see the ability to record, pause, and rewind? Without those features it's like going back to the 1980s.
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I've been waiting for the pricing of 2017 EI as well.  I remember yearly Comcast gives you 2 weeks to try it out for free.  I may see how that works before deciding to go with Comcast or go with mlb.tv.   Right now mlb.tv sounds like the better deal. 

 

I see that some posters are saying you get an mlbtv account w/ EI Comast while others are saying you don't.  If you get an account with the subscription I would probably get it.  If you don't then I most likely won't.

 

If the competition is giving you MLB EI + MLB TV + All HD channels , Comcast really needs to step up and match that.

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


SkyhawkDriver wrote:
ComcastTeds, I received a letter last year saying that because I was a MLB-EI subscriber in 2015, it would be automatically added to my service in 2016, and then when the trial ended in mid-April, I had to call to add it. Got the same letter this year. Will it be automatic?

Any idea when we'll see the ability to record, pause, and rewind? Without those features it's like going back to the 1980s.

The expectations are that the order will be automatic at the lower rate. I am double checking with our MLB Extra Innings team and our local team to be sure that your account is all set and ready to go after the April 2- April 9 free preview period.

 

For the additional HD games (expected this season on X1), I don't currently have a time frame that we can announce just yet for the DVR-like features that you mentioned. There are plans to have those features available. 

 

Thanks for your patience. 

 

   




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


norcalneil wrote:

I've been waiting for the pricing of 2017 EI as well.  I remember yearly Comcast gives you 2 weeks to try it out for free.  I may see how that works before deciding to go with Comcast or go with mlb.tv.   Right now mlb.tv sounds like the better deal. 

 

I see that some posters are saying you get an mlbtv account w/ EI Comast while others are saying you don't.  If you get an account with the subscription I would probably get it.  If you don't then I most likely won't.

 

If the competition is giving you MLB EI + MLB TV + All HD channels , Comcast really needs to step up and match that.


There is a free preview of MLB Extra Innings scheduled for April 2 through April 9.   

Package                                              Offer Dates                                                          Price
Early Bird                                            Orders on or before April 9, 2017                        $154.99 (4 installments of $38.75)
Regular Season                                  April 10, 2017 - July 9, 2017                                $164.99 (4 installments of $41.25)
Half Season                                        July 10, 2017 - September 3, 2017                      $119.99 (4 installments of $30.00)
Pennant Race                                     September 4, 2017 - October 1, 2017                 $37.49 (2 installments of $18.75)

 

What are the MLB.TV single team offerings?
MLB will offer a single-club product for each team via MLB.TV.

 

Will Comcast offer single-team packages?
No. Comcast will not be offering single-team packages during the 2017 season.

 

What is “Follow Your Team” (FYT)?
FYT allows MLB.TV subscribers to pay an additional fee to receive the out-market feeds of one team. When purchased, the subscriber:
•Selects one team as their FYT team
•Has access to the out-of-market feed when the selected FYT team is playing the subscriber’s in-market team (which previously would have been blacked out)
•Must receive the regional sports network with the rights for their in-market MLB team in order to be eligible for an FYT subscription

 

Will Comcast offer FYT?
No. Comcast will not be offering FYT during the 2017 season.

 

 

The MLB TV online component is a separate package and is not currently included with a subscription to MLB Extra Innings on Comcast.  

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I signed up for MLB Extra innings today! I asked the sales rep 3 times if the games would all be in HD! She said as long as I had the HD package---which I do. Now i find out only 2 HD channels are available! Direct TV broadcast 99 percent of their games in HD! It's a fact, because I had Direct TV for years. That also includes the NBA sports package. I'm going to cancel my subscription for Extra Innings, as it's not worth it to watch only 2 games in HD. Know one watches sports in SD these days! Com'on Comcast get real!
Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

So I see the NHL beta channel, which allows you to select your game in HD. However, I don't see the MLB Extra innings beta channel! So once again who can tell the customer base the real scoop on MLB Extra innings in HD?
IMG_4243.JPG
New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

So if i understand correctly, for now there will only be 1 or 2 HD games per day.  But later in the season, the plan is to have all 14 channels in HD.  Is that right?

Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

No official word or reply from Comcast! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

Since opening day is tomorrow, are there any updates on the MLB Extra Innings Beta HD channel?
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


AesinAk wrote:
Since opening day is tomorrow, are there any updates on the MLB Extra Innings Beta HD channel?

I would start a new thread as this one already has a "Solved" tag on it.

 

To respond to your question, I would guess that it will be a streaming type of delivery the type of which I believe they're doing with the NHL package. Probably 720p with limited DVR-style controls. And it will require an X1 STB. It will probably be much like MLB.tv but with commercials, lower resolution and cost more money. That's my guess.

 

As far as additional linear HD Game channels beyond what you already have(most markets only have 2 such channels), I don't see that happening at all, from this point on, MLB-EI will be an IP delivery package requiring a proprietary Comcast STB.

 

 

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

That's disappointing, and means Comcast will be missing out on several hundred dollars a year from me. I refuse to pay $60/mo for X1 and 4 satellite boxes when I can use TiVos for $15/mo and have DVR functionality (including pausing Live TV) on all TVs. So I guess I'll just keep streaming all my sports and buying the packages directly from each league.

I would have given them hundreds of dollars a year in a heartbeat for the MLB, NHL, and NBA packages if they carried every game, both home and away feeds, all in HD like DIRECTV has done for the last decade+.
New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings


ComcastTeds wrote

There is a free preview of MLB Extra Innings scheduled for April 2 through April 9.   

 

-----------------------------

 

It's April 2nd and I just tried to watch the S.F. Giants @ AZ D-Backs game on the "free preview".  There is no free preview, at least not yet, as the screen showed I need to purchase Extra Innings to watch the game.

 

BTW, I'm in Chicago and  I live nowhere near either team's blackout area.

 

 


 

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


erod550 wrote:
That's disappointing, and means Comcast will be missing out on several hundred dollars a year from me. I refuse to pay $60/mo for X1 and 4 satellite boxes when I can use TiVos for $15/mo and have DVR functionality (including pausing Live TV) on all TVs. So I guess I'll just keep streaming all my sports and buying the packages directly from each league.

I would have given them hundreds of dollars a year in a heartbeat for the MLB, NHL, and NBA packages if they carried every game, both home and away feeds, all in HD like DIRECTV has done for the last decade+.

Same here, if Comcast had a full MLB-EI HD lineup I would have given them even a little more than I pay DirecTV now just to be able to have it all with one provider.

 

Simply put, if you're a sports fan Comcast is not the provider you want, DirecTV is the answer when it comes to sports.

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


JBIG wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote

There is a free preview of MLB Extra Innings scheduled for April 2 through April 9.   

 

-----------------------------

 

It's April 2nd and I just tried to watch the S.F. Giants @ AZ D-Backs game on the "free preview".  There is no free preview, at least not yet, as the screen showed I need to purchase Extra Innings to watch the game.

 

BTW, I'm in Chicago and  I live nowhere near either team's blackout area.

 

 


 


Same problem here (also in Chicago metro).  And the channels are still not turned on.

 

This was never a problem before the X1 system.  Before X1, the free previews worked when they were supposed to.  Now they don't.  I had this issue last year too, and also at the start of NHL season as well.

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


sriv94 wrote:

JBIG wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote

There is a free preview of MLB Extra Innings scheduled for April 2 through April 9.   

 

-----------------------------

 

It's April 2nd and I just tried to watch the S.F. Giants @ AZ D-Backs game on the "free preview".  There is no free preview, at least not yet, as the screen showed I need to purchase Extra Innings to watch the game.

 

BTW, I'm in Chicago and  I live nowhere near either team's blackout area.

 

 


 


Same problem here (also in Chicago metro).  And the channels are still not turned on.

 

This was never a problem before the X1 system.  Before X1, the free previews worked when they were supposed to.  Now they don't.  I had this issue last year too, and also at the start of NHL season as well.


The free preview is working on my TiVo CableCARD DVRs, Braves/Mets and Marlins/Nationals are on the 2 HD channels we get in the SF bay area. The SD channels have some games as well although I didn't really pay any attention to which teams, SD gets no quarter in this house!

 

Maybe a problem with the X1 box?

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

So when will the MLB package broadcast all games in HD?  Also the ad say we get MLB.tv included - is that true or not possible with Comcast xfinity?

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


newstpaul wrote:

So when will the MLB package broadcast all games in HD?  Also the ad say we get MLB.tv included - is that true or not possible with Comcast xfinity?


What ad? The DirecTV ad says that and yes, you do get MLB.tv Premium for free with their MLB-EI HD package. I haven't seen any mention that that is the case with Comcast's version of MLB-EI (HD or otherwise).

Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I canceled my MLB subscription! Thank you Comcast for nothing! This is 2017.. not 1980! Know one watches sports in SD in 2017! Shame on you! Worse than that you ignored me as a paying customer! HUGE SHAME! Where is your customer service? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

Didn't Comcast just advertise the MLB games would be in HD?  What was that about?  

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I will not order extra innings or any sports package for that matter until the games are all in HD. I've been flipping around the free preview and the score graphic in the upper left is always cut off, everyone looks fat, the picture is super grainy. These are not products worth $150+. It's 2017. Get with the times! 

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I agree. I have been told every year for the past 2-3 years that this will be the year for MLB Extra Innings to be in HD. My next door neighbor works for Comcast and he told me it should be in HD, but still nothing. I am so frustrated!! Can I get my money back?
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

In ComcastTeds post above:

 

The MLB TV online component is a separate package and is not currently included with a subscription to MLB Extra Innings on Comcast.

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/MLB-Extra-Innings/m-p/2886722#M82210

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

during the free preview an ad runs that says MLB.TV is included but comcast does not offer it

Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


TheJaxx wrote:

In ComcastTeds post above:

 

The MLB TV online component is a separate package and is not currently included with a subscription to MLB Extra Innings on Comcast.

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/MLB-Extra-Innings/m-p/2886722#M82210


Right, on Comcast. The MLB-EI provider, InDemand, includes MLB.tv with an MLB-EI subscription so Comcast is stripping away that part of the subscription and only giving their subs the linear channel version. My guess is that since MLB.tv has all the games in HD and Comcast only has a couple games per day they don't want their subscribers to realize that it would be much cheaper to just go with MLB.tv and not even bother with the incredibly weak offering of MLB-EI on Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


newstpaul wrote:

So when will the MLB package broadcast all games in HD?  


MLB Extra Innings in HD on X1 (similar to what we have now for NHL Center Ice) is expected to be available later this month.

 

Thanks for your continued patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


dellapple wrote:

Didn't Comcast just advertise the MLB games would be in HD?  What was that about?  


MLB Extra Innings in HD on X1 (similar to what we have now for NHL Center Ice) is expected to be available later this month.

Thanks for your continued patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


Jrubino5 wrote:
I agree. I have been told every year for the past 2-3 years that this will be the year for MLB Extra Innings to be in HD. My next door neighbor works for Comcast and he told me it should be in HD, but still nothing. I am so frustrated!! Can I get my money back?

MLB Extra Innings in HD on X1 (similar to what we have now for NHL Center Ice) is expected to be available later this month.

 

Thanks for your continued patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

HI Comcast Teds,

 

In the Chicago area we have channel 459 and 460 dedicated for HD.  This year channel 459 is just the MLB channel 233 repeated.

Could you find out if this is temporary because of the Hockey-which is over, or did I lose the HD channel for good?  I already have the MLB network channel 233. And it won't be a mute point later this month, because without the ability to record and FF, the new beta HD doesn't do me much good.

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


tbill1 wrote:

HI Comcast Teds,

 

In the Chicago area we have channel 459 and 460 dedicated for HD.  This year channel 459 is just the MLB channel 233 repeated.

Could you find out if this is temporary because of the Hockey-which is over, or did I lose the HD channel for good?  I already have the MLB network channel 233. And it won't be a mute point later this month, because without the ability to record and FF, the new beta HD doesn't do me much good.


As in the past, this is a temporary situation in your area during the NHL season overlap. Thanks for your patience.  




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: MLB Extra Innings


ComcastTeds wrote:

Jrubino5 wrote:
I agree. I have been told every year for the past 2-3 years that this will be the year for MLB Extra Innings to be in HD. My next door neighbor works for Comcast and he told me it should be in HD, but still nothing. I am so frustrated!! Can I get my money back?

MLB Extra Innings in HD on X1 (similar to what we have now for NHL Center Ice) is expected to be available later this month.

 

Thanks for your continued patience.


Will it include MLB.tv Premium like DirecTV offers?

 

And since nearly a month of the season will have already been played will it(MLB-EI) be offered at a reduced price?

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


KeenanSR wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

Jrubino5 wrote:
I agree. I have been told every year for the past 2-3 years that this will be the year for MLB Extra Innings to be in HD. My next door neighbor works for Comcast and he told me it should be in HD, but still nothing. I am so frustrated!! Can I get my money back?

MLB Extra Innings in HD on X1 (similar to what we have now for NHL Center Ice) is expected to be available later this month.

 

Thanks for your continued patience.


Will it include MLB.tv Premium like DirecTV offers?

 

And since nearly a month of the season will have already been played will it(MLB-EI) be offered at a reduced price?


The MLB TV online component is a separate package and is not currently included with a subscription to MLB Extra Innings on Comcast.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I just purchased the MLB Package and to my surprise none of the games come in high definition.  I do have the X1 set-up box, so I'm just wondering what's the status.  Considering the expense and the fact that its 2017, I assumed that these games will be broadcasted in high definition.  Any help here ?

Official Employee

Re: MLB Extra Innings


TheBigVentriloq wrote:

I just purchased the MLB Package and to my surprise none of the games come in high definition.  I do have the X1 set-up box, so I'm just wondering what's the status.  Considering the expense and the fact that its 2017, I assumed that these games will be broadcasted in high definition.  Any help here ?


MLB Extra Innings in HD on X1 (similar to what we have now for NHL Center Ice) is expected to be available later this month.

Thanks for your continued patience.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings

I suggest that Comcast have another free preview once this new version of Extra Innings is up and running.   I understand that the games will not be on regular cable channels, and we won't be able to pause, rewind or record them.  So a free preview would help customers decide if they want to subscribe.   

Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

Still not added.  Very frustrated !

Regular Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings

Just a heads up that its definitely "later in the month" and still no High definition for my MLB Extra innings package.  

 

Any update here ?