members

online now

discussions

MLB Extra Innings Out of Market HD Beta Launch

Posted by
Administrator

Message 1 of 41

Untitled.png

As part of the MLB Extra Innings experience, we are launching a new MLB Extra Innings Out of Market feature. XFINITY X1 customers with an MLB Extra Innings subscription and an XFINITY TV package that includes HD service will now be able to watch all games in HD! Effective today, April 24,MLB Extra Innings HD Beta will launch nationally.

Please note that there is no additional charge for eligible X1 customers who subscribe to MLB Extra Innings, and no action is required to receive this feature. If for some reason you are not able to see this beta, please uplug your box, wait 1 minute, and ten plug it back in. 

MLB Extra InningsHD (Beta)" Listing in the X1 Guide:

• The MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)" channel is the first MLB listing in the X1 guide above the current MLB EXTRA INNINGS SD channels.

Note: At this time, the MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)" listing will not be associated with a channel number because this feature is in trial. This means that customers will not see a channel number in the X1 guide and therefore cannot tune to this channel by entering a channel number, as one does not exist.

HOW11670_041917_01.png

• Selecting MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) from the X1 guide launches the MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) Collection page with MLB team logos organized by league.

HOW11670_041917_02.png

• When a customer selects a team logo, the MLB logo will be displayed while validation checks are made to determine if a customer has a subscription to MLB EXTRA INNINGS and the game is not subject to blackouts.

Note: If a customer does not have a MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, the following XRE 03090 error message will display: "Please try tuning to this channel again. If you’re still having trouble, you may not be subscribed to this channel. Go to xfinity.com and select My Account to add this channel to your lineup."

HOW11670_041917_03.png

• The MLB EXTRA INNINGS live game will play once verification of MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription and blackouts are complete and successful.

HOW11670_041917_04.png

• Note: The game announcers will be based on the team selected. Example: The Boston RedSox are playing the New York Yankees. If the customer selects the Boston RedSox logo tile, the game will be shown with RedSox announcers. If the customer selects the New York Yankees logo tile, the game will be shown with Yankees announcers.
  • Record, Rewind and Pause functionalities are currently not supported for MLB Extra Innings HD Beta games.

Note: This is a temporary experience for our customers. We are working on improving this experience and hope to provide this functionality in the near future.

MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta)" Feature Accessible from Search:

• MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) Collection Page: X1 customers can search for MLB Extra Innings HD" and will be presented with the MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) Collection page, which displays MLB team logos organized by league.

• MLB Team Page: X1 customers can also continue to search for a specific team where the team’s live HD game will be available by selecting the MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) tile on the Team page.

HOW11670_041917_06.png

Note: Customers cannot search for specific HD games. Customers can only access the live HD games from the MLB Extra Innings HD (Beta) Collection page or the Team page.

Blackout Information:

Blackout restrictions apply to all MLB games offered in the MLB EXTRA INNINGS package. Customers will receive the following message if the live game they are attempting to view is in a blackout: "Sorry, this game is currently blacked out due to league restrictions You may be able to find the game on another channel. Please check the Guide for details."

HOW11670_041917_07.png

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
40 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 41
Fantastic, working for me here----Had to reboot the X1 Box. Been an MLB EI subscriber for 10+ years---including with a different provider in a different state. Pretty soon will be running out of things to complain about Smiley Happy
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 41
I see the option but does not work. If you select a team (out of market game), all I get for every team is "Sorry, we can't tune to this channel right now."
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 41
Reboot of the box does not fix it.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 41
Rebooting box didn't help me either! 😭
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 6 of 41
Welp works on two of my three tvs. After 45 miinutes and 4 reps was told not available in my area. That was before I realized it was working on my other 2 tvs. 🙃
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 41
ComcastJessie, I have an MLB Extra Innings subscription, but this new HD beta does not work for me. Have rebooted the box.

Get error XRE-03114 when I try to watch a game.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 41

Question for Comcast:  If and when the Extra Innings HD games get 14 regular channel numbers, will those of us with Tivo be able to watch them?  Thanks.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 41

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 41

Hello @SkyhawkDriver,

We have reviewed your subscription and resolved your issue with not being able to tune to MLB Extra Innings HD channels. 

Can you attempt to tune to those same channels? If you still see an error, you may need to re-boot your box and then try again. 

Thanks.

Chau 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 41
Appears to be working now. No live games but it tunes to the menu/schedule of games. I'll confirm I can see the actual games tonight.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 41
This solved the judder issues with the YES broadcasts on the regular Extra Innings channel but need the record function. Any estimate as to when we will get this?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 13 of 41
Now that we have the long awaited beta for HD, and we at least have what amounts to live streaming of games in HD, can you give us insight into what is coming next?

Will we have the ability to pause, rewind, FF, and most of all record via DVR for time shifted viewing (or access via VOD)? I am not usually home when the game begins live, so I typically record on my DVR and watch later. I cannot do that and enjoy the HD stream.

Can you fill us in on the roadmap?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 41
Very pleased that Comcast is providing both home/away feeds in HD---and realize it is Beta and is IPTV---just one observation. Picture is very clear----but after about 15 minutes or so---I notice the picture "stuttering"----still very watchable----and eventually the audio/video will get out of synch. If it goes to a commercial or I change games; the stuttering will stop for awhile---but eventually return. Any one else notice this---I have tried different settings on my TV---and have the X1 output set for 720p. Not complaining----just looking for some feedback.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 15 of 41

Is this availble? without X1?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 41

SkyhawkDriver wrote:
Now that we have the long awaited beta for HD, and we at least have what amounts to live streaming of games in HD, can you give us insight into what is coming next?

Will we have the ability to pause, rewind, FF, and most of all record via DVR for time shifted viewing (or access via VOD)? I am not usually home when the game begins live, so I typically record on my DVR and watch later. I cannot do that and enjoy the HD stream.

Can you fill us in on the roadmap?

Anyone?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 17 of 41

Hi, all!

I've been using the new Beta test version of the MLB Extra Innings package, and it's worked for me very well, overall.  I have seen a few of the IP glitches you mention, but overall it's been pretty glitch-free.  And on the game I watched last night, for example, I saw the same glitching on the SD version of the game as I was seeing on the HD version through the beta.  So, sometimes the glitching is in the originating feed, not in the IP transport.

I DO have a couple of issues, though (one minor, and one, for me, major):

1.  The sound is usually significantly quieter on the new beta versions of the games.  Not a big deal, but when you tune back to a regular linear channel, the sound can be a lot louder than you're expecting.

2.  The HD feeds for these games are obviously being streamed via IP (i.e., over the internet).  I've seen the feed buffer for up to a minute, maybe longer.  I know it's buffering and not just freezing, because when it comes back, it just starts up where it left off, it doesn't jump to the present time.  Which is the biggest issue --the games, as presented through the beta test, are delayed anywhere from 40 seconds to up to three full minutes behind the feeds coming through the regular version of the Extra Innings package, or even from other feeds, like the same game running as a featured game on the MLB Network, for example.  I've flipped back and forth between the various feeds, and the least delay I observed was about 40 seconds.  And if you're lucky enough to get into it with a minimum of delay form real-time, the first 2-minute buffering episode places you firmly minutes behind the real-time playing of the game.

Now, I enjoy following a game both on TV and through the MLB Gameday website, as I'm sure many people do.  The website lets me look at stats (because broadcasters only show a guy's slash line before his first at-bat), see who is coming up next, what players are left in the bullpen or on the bench, as well as track the location and velocity of pitches throughout entire at-bats.  And there is NOTHING more annoying than watching my game on TV, glancing over at the computer, and seeing the results of the at-bat I'm watching several minutes before that result plays out on my TV.  Heck, sometimes I'm seeing the results of the NEXT at-bat, not the one that's currently playing out on my TV.

To be honest, I'd rather y'all get this time delay fixed first, before adding in the record/pause/rewind functions.  I love the product, but as long as it presents the games in a delayed fashion like this, it's almost more enjoyable to watch the games real-time in SD than to watch them a few minutes delayed in HD.

Please, please, please fix this?

Thanks!

Doug

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 18 of 41

dvandorn1 wrote:

To be honest, I'd rather y'all get this time delay fixed first, before adding in the record/pause/rewind functions.  I love the product, but as long as it presents the games in a delayed fashion like this, it's almost more enjoyable to watch the games real-time in SD than to watch them a few minutes delayed in HD.

To give another opinion, as mentioned, to me the DVR functionality is waaaay more important, so I'm not typically watching the games live.  For the times when I am watching live, a 40 sec or even longer delay is not an issue.  I want to be able to pause or rewind...which renders the delay a moot point.  

Not saying my wish list is more or less important than Doug's. Just providing my input. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 19 of 41

I have also purchased the mlb.tv package----if I view the same feed on 2 separate TV's----one using the mlb.tv and the other Extra Innings HD Beta---they are both pretty similar in the delay. The alternative audio feed from MLB is pretty darn near real time----and yes, there is about a 30/40 second delay. As long as the clarity is acceptable----delay does not bother me----must be something with viewing IP TV.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 20 of 41

I am considering MLB Extra Innings through Comcast Cable (not X1).  Which channels are in HD?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 41

This year, only game 1 (shown on SD channel 461) is available in HD on channel 460.  In prior years, game 2 (shown on SD channel 462) was available in HD on channel 459.  This year, however, HD channel 459 just shows the MLB network, which is already avialable in HD on channel 233.

Why did they make this change?

I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA.

Just to annoy us, I think.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 41

Any update on when this goes from "beta" to release and when basic functionality like REC, FF, REW, PAUSE will be added?  Right now this is just a linear stream, which is better than the crappy SD we've been paying for, but if I'm not home to watch live, it's useless to me.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 23 of 41

SkyhawkDriver wrote:

Any update on when this goes from "beta" to release and when basic functionality like REC, FF, REW, PAUSE will be added?  Right now this is just a linear stream, which is better than the crappy SD we've been paying for, but if I'm not home to watch live, it's useless to me.

So looks like REW, FF, PAUSE are now active as of tonight.  Any word on when you'll be able to record?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 24 of 41

Chris96, if you don't have an X1, it will depend on your market.

At most, you will have Game 1 HD and Game 2 HD. Some markets only have Game 1 HD, and some have nothing in HD (Philadelphia).

You'll have to check your local lineup for this information.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 25 of 41

Message 23 of 24

SkyhawkDriver wrote:

So looks like REW, FF, PAUSE are now active as of tonight.  Any word on when you'll be able to record?

Those functions are still not available in the Chicago area...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 26 of 41
Comcast team...

Can you please at least confirm that the ability to record the games is being worked on? It's frustrating to finally have the games available in HD after 10 years, but not be able to watch most of the time because I'm not at home sitting in front of the TV at 7pm.

It's 2017 and most people time shift, which is why I have a DVR. An update on rough timeframe would be appreciated.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 27 of 41

I have noticed that I have pause, rewind, and FF,  on my main DVR Box and 2 XID's, but these features are "not available"

on my 2 XG boxes. Can anyone help with this?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 28 of 41

tbill1 wrote:

I have noticed that I have pause, rewind, and FF,  on my main DVR Box and 2 XID's, but these features are "not available"

Start by unplugging them and plug them back in to get them to reboot.  XG2, correct?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 29 of 41

How is that different from the reboot it does every night?  Yes XG2

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 41

tbill1 wrote:

If a box pops up in the right hand corner saying "not available" its got to get swapped out.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 31 of 41

It actually says.. if I hit Pause for example "Pause isn't available. This program doesn't support it"

Both my XG2 boxes have this problem, but function perfectly for anything else.  And I can Pause any other programming

with these 2 boxes.  Replacing them both seems kind of drastic to me at this point.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 41
Up to you but that's the fix. Whatever is in the interior that provides that function isn't working.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 33 of 41

ComcastAndrew wrote:

tbill1 wrote:

If a box pops up in the right hand corner saying "not available" its got to get swapped out.

Is the same true for REC?  Can you please answer the question about the ability to DVR games?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 34 of 41

I have MLB EI and the HD beta was working fine, up until today. A reboot of the box did not help.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 35 of 41
I have MLB extra innings and HD service, the beta was working fine all season up until today. Now it won't work and says I don't have the package but I do, what's up with this?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 36 of 41
I'm having the same issue, are you getting error code xre-03090?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 37 of 41
Posted by
Contributor

Message 38 of 41

Same problem here in Colorado; as the previous posters stated---worked flawlessly until tonite----hope Comcast is addressing the issue----realize it is still beta.  Getting all of the other channels both in HD and SD.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 39 of 41
Same here XRE-03090 and was good until tonight
Posted by
Contributor

Message 40 of 41

Issue from last night appears to be resolved----just briefly turned on Tribe/Twins with the Tribe feed.  Thank you Comcast for addressing the issue.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 41 of 41