Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Hey everyone. They posted a fix. Unplug your x1 box, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in and mlb extra innings beta will work 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-MLB-Extra-Innings-Out-of-Market/ta-p/29...

Contributor

I asume they mean the main box, correct? 

New Poster

I assume they mean the main box. But knowing Comcast..... 

Contributor

It works, I just tried  it.

New Poster

Awesome. I was on the phone with support when the fix was posted. The employee told me I was wrong...sooo I proved them wrong by pulling up 2 separate games with different announcers. The front line employees were not told of the fix. They were told HD was not happening this year. That it was just beta. The employee now is going to look like a rockstar when a customer calls because she will have a solution to anyone calling about extra innings. 

Frequent Visitor

Well hallelujah mine works after unplugging box. So I guess we didn't have to wait for hockey to be over after all.
Frequent Visitor

Lol they are so clueless. Beta IS high def.
Contributor

I just wish we could pause and record. 

New Poster

I can’t record. But I can pause...

Frequent Visitor

Wow!  Everything's working.  MLB EI Beta is working now.  Also, I even successfully subscribed to MLB.TV through the link provided on page 1 of this thread.  Watching MLB.TV on my laptop and successfully watched on my Samsung TV.  So the previous posts in this thread by ComcastJesse stating MLB.TV is not being offered as part of MLB EI is incorrect.  This is my first year as an MLB EI subscriber...and will be my last.  Note to self...next year just subscribe to MLB.TV, cheaper and all games in HD.

Frequent Visitor

HD working for me as well. 

Does anyone know how to get the mosaic channel ?

New Poster

Beta hd still not working for me, says a subscription required, which I already have, Comcast verified this when I first contacted them about hd beta not working, Wasted enough time with this, better off with Mlb.tv

Admin1

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

Hi klrfromstl & machado22 -- Our ads do not advertise that subscribers will receive MLB TV for free. It is not clearly stated anywhere that MLB TV is free with an Extra Innings subscription. We do not have an agreement with MLB TV. We also do not have a broadcast agreement to provide all games in HD. We understand this is something our customers desire and we are continually working to obtain this agreement. 

New Poster

Comcast Zach, RE MLB TV. 

If you go to MLB TV and authenticate with your Comcast creditials....you do get MLB TV for free. Here is the link, use the drag down and as you can clearly see...Comcast is one of the providers participating in giving MLB extra inning subscribers...MLB TV for free 

https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/?&affiliateId=clubMENU

Regular Visitor

But ... you're going to fail ..... because it's what Comcast/Xfinity does for it's customers.

I don't understand how you can charge $173+ for MLBEI, when I can get MLB.TV for $115. It seems to have become normal practice for this company to constantly gouge it's customers. Can you explain the $173+ ?? since you're an official comcast employee and all.......

New Poster

Thank you sooo much for this info and link. I was able to log in from out of town in order for father in law to watch Braves tonight. He is excited! Didn't think it was available as EI subscriber.
Regular Visitor

I'd really like to know who is having crazed drug parties in the control rooms where the feeds are assigned to specific channels. I just turned on the MLB Extra Innings Beta Package Cubs channel to see my Chicago Cubs' broadcast team call the game between them and the Giants. Sure it's the HD1 game in the regular Extra Innings channels, but that's the particularly obnoxious Giants broadcast team. I want to see my Cubs broadcast team. So, I go to the Extra Innings Beta listing, select the Cubs. What do I get? The end of the Orioles-New York game, followed by the entire post-game show on the Orioles sports network. Heck, I don''t get my own freaking post-game show when it *does* show me the Cubs game. And it *really* galls me, having someone think that the hated, cheating, cheated-the-rest-of-the-league-by-league-office-edict-for-40-years-Yankees should get put onto MY CUBS' dedicated channel. The Yankees are the one team I would like to see watch a nuclear explosion from a few feet away. So, what gives? Why the heck can't you people get your act together to the extent that when I select something that says CUBS in big letters on it, that I actually get what I selected from the menu, and not have something I would rather lick warm vomit than watch being shoved at me?