Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

New Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings Beta Version

Just got off the phone with tier 2 support.  Asked to have network services navigate to MLBEIHD and tell me what happens when they click on a team logo.  No surprise that it reacted the same as it did for all of us.  They finally admitted that there is a system wide issue with the channel.   System incident number is SI026566473. 

I will I’ll respond to this thread if I get any updates

New Poster

I can get to the team logo page, nothing happens when I click on a team. Can't access the broadcast I want to see, and nothing is in HD. Have called Comcast several times. Was able to view HD games with the same package last season. Any suggestions?

New Poster

They told me because it was BETA , that it was a work in progress, they did not tell me that is was a system wide problem. 

New Poster

Thank you   First time Comcast acknowledged a problem officially with an incident #.

New Poster

Re: mlb extra innings in hd for 2018

i'm having the same problem...called several times and got no help and they had no idea what the problem is,,,very frustrating 

Regular Visitor

Jessie, I can find the HD Beta in X1 (only by speaking it, is that right?) but when I choose a team the screen just goes back to whatever was on live tv... I can’t get anything in HD and don’t want this package unless we can fix this. I’m on with customer service and they seem VERY unfamiliar with this and lack understanding to help. Is there anything you can do?
New Poster

Same here. After an hour on the phone I finally got $50 off to make it equivalent to the price of MLB.tV but still no HD
Frequent Visitor

Thanks 

Regular Contributor

Jessie people are saying they did buy the package and still not being able to watch the HD channels second yes MLB.tv is included with the MLB extra innings it said it on the preview when I was watching the game.

New Poster

Im in the same boat here. The game on Thursday I took off work to watch was shown in SD on two seperate channels. The MLB Extra Innings HD Beta screen does nothing (Comcast Rep had me try this five times after I explained to him I've done it several times with nothing happening). Two hours on the phone and missed a good portion of the game and no resoultion other than a free movie voucher. Its stated all over the internet that ALL games will be broadcast in HD since March or April of 2017...... Its 2018, cars drive themselves but no HD basbeall from Comcast. Abysmal Service.

Frequent Visitor

If you look at the games of the day menu, all the way at the bottom it says something to the effect of 'HD may not be available in all areas'. If the cameras at the field are HD and the wires that run the transmissions all over the country are HD, we have HD service, get HD channels and pay for HD, how can it not be offered in HD? And then, Comcast seems confused about the topic. They aren't really sure where the HD is available and where it isn't. No one seems to know when or if it will be made available in all areas. I have a sneaking suspicion that once Fios is made available in my area a lot of these problems will magically disappear  Smiley Wink 

Frequent Visitor

Still can't activate mlb.tv either. Absolutely terrible service in every way possible. Guess I will just cancel service and sign up for MLB.TV and watch games that way. No fun, but it is a lot cheaper and actually works.
Frequent Visitor

Well, it appears that now Comcast has blocked the MLB.TV service.  I am an MLBEI subscriber.  There is a link posted earlier in this thread that links to the MLBTV sign-up.  I followed this link and got the MLB.TV eligibility/authentication/welcome page.  First step is to select TV provider.  I selected Comcast Xfinity and it goes to the Xfinity page (after I Xfinity login) that states:  "This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service" and includes a link "To add it to your service, upgrade now".

Yesterday I followed these steps and made it to the point of logging in with my MLB customer account but didn't have my pw available so cancelled out.  Tried again this morning and, yes, it is now different and appears Comcast has blocked MLB.TV. 

Frequent Visitor

What platform will you use to get the MLB tv?

New Poster

I Use MLB.TV thorough My Apple TV can also watch on all my Apple devices. Picture quality is very good. It's sad that Xfinity can't figure this out. Still everything is in SD. I called Xfinity after about 30 minutes that Beta was Down. SMH

Regular Contributor

Just as the 1-2  dedicated HD channels we get defer to NHL Hockey  (NHL Package ends Sunday) the first week of MLB season,

I suspect the Beta HD does also.  Most likely , all will be well on Monday.

EDIT:    I forgot that the baseball season started early.  We could be without Beta HD for another week,

as the NHL season ends a week from Sunday.

New Poster

Was NHL in Beta thus in HD this year ? I canceled my subscription and had to go through 2 days of hassle because most all of the games were in SD. Hockey in SD is unwatchable

Regular Visitor

Did the mlb extra innings beta work last year?  This is the first year I have tried it and can only get games in SD. I have called three days in a row and can get no one to help me

Frequent Visitor

Day 3 and still no hd extra innings channel. Wow, this is ridiculous.

I am still able to access games on mlb.com. Haven't checked the mlb.tv app on the smart tv yet today, will check it later.

If you are having trouble getting your extra innings account linked to your mlb account, I suggest keep trying. I would try it again myself, but I don't want to screw it up now that it works.

New Poster

I tried to get HD signal via Beta and it did NOT work. I’m in free period and will NOT pay for SD signal. I’ll watch on line instead.

Terrible.
New Poster

mlb.tv with Extra innings

Hey everyone. I was wondering if the MLB.TV subscription is included with the MLB Extra Innings package? I tend to be out of the house a lot and would like the option to watch on my phone or computer while I'm away. 

New Poster

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

The ads you run on Comcast to promote the MLB Extra Innings package clearly state that subscribers receive MLB TV free. So that's just bait and switch then?
New Poster

The commercial Comcast is airing says MLB TV is included with extra innings. There is a difference between MLB.TV and the MLB network. I’m wondering if that is where the confusion is. Also if you have the Comcast stream app. Extra innings works on that like a charm.
Regular Visitor

Re: MLB Package HD????

MLB extra innings still is not HD.  

Frequent Visitor

FYI - the commercial has always said MLB.tv is included. I was told years ago that the.commercial is not a Comcast commercial, it is MLB EI. That being said, this IS the first year Comcast is offering MLB.tv free with the EI package. I have been able to access on my phone - you will note that when you select the pull down menu that says I Have With Provider that this is the first year Comcast shows up. That's the good news. The bad news is that if we really wanted just mlb.tv we would order that for $119 vs. Comcast $164. I do not have a smart TV so I can only watch mlb.tv on my phone. Now for the real bad news....the issue is that the beta.package which.allows you to watch.all games in HD and not SD is not working. My thoughts are that this won't be available until hockey is over which is what happened last year. The beta versions are on the same channel for hockey and baseball. Hope this clears it up for you.
New Poster

I had MLB EI with DirecTV for years. It was great. Got a new roof last fall and said no more dish. EI in SD is awful. However, when I tuned in to NHL Beta night (which I don’t subscribe to), all the games were in HD when I picked the “team” icon. I bet the MLB games in HD will migrate to this stream once the NHL season is over. It would be nice for Comcast to confirm this for us.
Frequent Visitor

FYI, if you use T-mobile for your cell phone, they give you a free subscription to mlb.tv every year.
Frequent Visitor

So, I purchased mlb ei hd and now I have to wait until hockey is over to get it ?

This will be my first and last year with xfinity. What a ripoff.

Back to directv.

New Poster

Re: MLB EXTRA INNINGS 2018 Xfinity questions

it is amazing to me that in 2018, Comcast still cannot provide the MLB.TV for free to customers that have signed up from the 2018 version of MLBEI. WOW! Very frustrating and to compound the problem nobody from Comcast will communicate why MLB.TV is not being offered for free.

To add insult to injury, Comcast still does not provide the MLBEI games all in HD. You get two in HD per day and that is it. Why not all of them? All teams broadcast in HD. The year is 2018.

So unhappy w/Comcast and the only reason I have Comcast is being no dish is allowed on the roof at my residence. 

New Poster

I dislike the service Comcast provides to their customers, specifically customers who purchase MLBEI via Comcast. More games in SD vs HD. No access to MLB.TV, despite the ad saying so. I guess Comcast believes honoring the ad is not what their customers want=WRONG! 

I miss Direct TV so much because they offer the customers the full access to every single MLB game in HD and they honor the ad by offering free MLB.TV service as well.

New Poster

When it comes to MLBEI, Comcast has a bad habit of letting the customers down.

More games in SD vs HD, why? This is 2018 and all MLB teams broadcast in HD.

Also, with your subscription you do not get MLB.TV included. Why? The promo that has been running during

the free preview certainly says so. I guess Comcast decided against this for their benefit, huh? All about the bottom line=$$$

I miss Direct TV and how they accomodate fans who subscribe to MLBEI.

All games in HD and MLB.TV included.

Not with Comcast. VERY ANNOYING!

New Poster

Re: mlb.tv with Extra innings

@gar90 wrote:

Hey everyone. I was wondering if the MLB.TV subscription is included with the MLB Extra Innings package? I tend to be out of the house a lot and would like the option to watch on my phone or computer while I'm away. 

hey there, in case you have not been told so by Comcast, let me break the horrible news to you. if you subscribe to MLBEI via Comcast, despite the promo saying that MLB.TV is included, well Comcast has decided against following that instruction.

YOU WILL NOT GET MLB.TV included with the MLBEI subscription.

I know, I know, very annoying

New Poster

Re: MLB.TV AND EXTRA INNINGS

MLB.TV is not included. Comcast won't allow it. Comcast has decided to go against the promo that has been airing.

Unfortunate for paying Comcast customers and very pathetic that a member of the Comcast staff cannot post a message here to explain why they chose to do what they are doing.

Comcast does not care about their baseball customers.

They offer more games in SD vs HD, but we are in 2018 and all MLB teams broadcast in HD.

Weird huh?

Frequent Visitor

To all the people having trouble with mlb.tv, I think there is still hope. Just keep trying is my suggestion. I have watched games on mlb.tv app on my smart tv, mlb atbat app on my phone, and mlb.com on my computer. I was able to link my mlb extra innings subscription to my mlb account and it worked fine.

Extra innings is the product provided by mlb to the cable and satellite providers. It includes mlb.tv. If the provider is holding it back, then I suggest contacting mlb.com and let them know what's going on.

This is really bad service/information by comcast/xfinity. In fact, I would imagine it is fradulent in a criminal sense. But I'm no lawyer. I'm hoping the full hd channels are available once hockey ends and I'll switch back to directv before next baseball season. 

Frequent Visitor

MLB.TV IS included in Comcast EI this year for the first time. When you sign up for it there is a pulldown menu to select your provider. This is the first year Comcast is listed. I am able to get it on my phone using the At Bat app.
Frequent Visitor

Yes I just posted this. Last year we weren't able to access until hockey was over. Good news is this next Sunday. Comcast won't admit it to us though.
Frequent Visitor

Update: “beta” still not working. Comcast could provide us with some information.

New Poster

Thanks Vank, couldn’t figure it out before
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity does not tell the truth. They advertise that MLB is available in HD-- sOM FAR UP TO TODAY, aPRIL 3, THERE IS NO hd available, and you cannot get anyone at xfinity to give you an answer.Why should you be paying the full price, when HD is not available  duelzone broadcast is not acvailable etc.  Yo call them and they do not know there own product..

Frequent Visitor

You are right.

Today is day 5 and still no HD. No mosaic channel. No home and away broadcast selection. 

Comcast should reply to this thread and give us the details. Even set up a special number to call regarding the extra innings problems. 

I'm just waiting it out this week to see what happens.

Really horrible service by comcast/xfinity.

New Poster

If you have a roku or amazon fire stick , you can download the mlb.tv app and watch hd games on that, mlb.tv is included with extra innings subscription.
Regular Visitor

If I get an amazon fire stick I will just go thru mlb.tv and save $$$

Frequent Visitor

I had enough and canceled today. Purchased mlb.tv for way less and using my chromecast to stream beautiful HD games. Comcast actually tried to make me pay the first payment. Had to get a supervisor to credit it back to me.
New Poster

MLB Extra Innings Beta

MLB Extra Inngs Beta is not working.  Comcast support siad they are working on it - that has been since opening day.  It has now been a week - when can we expectr to watch in HD?  Working for anyone?

Frequent Visitor

Re: MLB Extra Innings Beta

Comcast does not tell the truth.This is the same beta system they used last year and it worked.This year there reps do not know there own product,. I will give it to the end of the free trial period and then cancel it.They advertise what you will receive. Ie. dual zone broadcasting etc and they do not even offer a credit until the fix this. Enough is enough

Frequent Visitor

No still not working here. Comcast just says they are aware of problem and are trying hard to fix. I still maintain that it will magically fix itself as soon as hockey is over on Sunday and it is no longer using its beta package.
Frequent Visitor

Still not working for me. If they get it up and running once hockey is over, I would like to see a significant discount. But don't think that will happen.

Strange that no comcast person has mentioned anything on this thread since the couple of posts near opening day.

Frequent Visitor

I was having the same Robles for the last week. I finally got hold of a rep in Ft Meyers Bulk center, his name is Jeramy. He sent a signal to my equipment, he said I would not be able to see it from my end, after he sent the signal I was able to receive all the games from MLB Extra inning.He was the only one after speaking with at least 7 other agents. If needed is employee Id# is 4SH. 

Frequent Visitor

I have been trying to get the HD to work for the last week. Called Comcast on 7 diff times Finally got a rep who works out of the Ft Meyers Bulk center who seems to have fixed the problem. He sent a signal to my equipment, said I would not be able to see it on my end, he stayed on the phone with me, asked that I check the beta program again,  andYES I’d did work,on all the games that were on this afternoon I.AllHD. I hope it continues to work.   For your info.  His name is Jeramy and works out of the Ft Meyers Bulk Cdnter, his ID# is 4SH.

Contributor

Still no baseball games in HD here.