Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Local TV Stations

New Poster

Local TV Stations

I live in south middle Tennessee. My currfent "local" stations come frtom NAshville and do not report news, weather, events or other items that would include my area.

How can I get Huntsville, AL and/or Chattanooga, TN stations?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Local TV Stations

Stations have "Designated Market Area" (DMA) boundaries. Comcast can only offer stations that match your DMA. With stations relying more and more on cable/satellite retransmission fee revenue, DMA's are being more and more strictly enforced.

You can see if the alternate stations have web sites with some form of streaming. It may not be live, but you may be able to stream either individual news reports or a full news program. Some stations may have their own Apple/Android and even Roku apps.

New Poster

Re: Local TV Stations

That may seem like a satisfactory answer but, it is not. I would hope customer service, early warning of weather related events and events that are more related to the local viewer area would be of greater interest and safety.  I recommend that xFinity review their DMA boundaries to be more respectful of the folks paying you.

Nashville is over 90 miles away from my location. Chanttanooga is 50 miles and Huntsville is 45 miles.

Secondly, when  xFinity changed the channel line up yesterday, Huntsville stations were visible as well as tow of the Nashville stations. Give my Huntsville stations back because obvioulsy you CAN DO IT!

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation